Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Nans Jcc Lagos Say No To Laspotech Brutality By The Nigerian Army - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nans Jcc Lagos Say No To Laspotech Brutality By The Nigerian Army (685 Views)

Nans Jcc Lagos Axis Finally Speak On Ongoing ASUU Strike / Finally SUG Presidents (senators) Resolves, Elect NANS JCC Delta Axis Executives / Pls What Can I Do To Laspotech O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nans Jcc Lagos Say No To Laspotech Brutality By The Nigerian Army by betapikin: 7:15pm On Jun 07, 2017
*NANS JCC LAGOS SAY NO TO LASPOTECH BRUTALITY BY THE NIGERIAN ARMY*

We the Executives of NANS JCC Lagos condemn the brutality of LASPOTECH students by the Nigerian Army. The students were attacked today in front of their school gate at Lagos state Polytechnic Ikorodu and are been sent out of their hostels beaten by the Nigerian Army during their protest against the suspended strike by the college management. The students who have been doing a great work in the college in maintaining peace and orderliness within the college.

It is therefore a red herring for us to hear that the Management predicate their outcry as projected by a certain loathsome feeling they nurse for the college Management! How fallacious! How could they possibly nurse any hatred for the Management if they focused on their professional responsibilities, devoid of ordering Nigerian army to impound assault against the students. The Nigerian soldiers are trained and paid with taxpayers’ money to protect?

Should this brutality by the Nigerian Army on the LASPOSIANS be bygone or forgotten? We shall stage a nationwide protest, weightier than what was witnessed today, this time against the Nigerian Army. Mistakes are corrected by admitting their existence.

The rationale for our publication is quite clear: that there is the urgent need for one who has committed no crime to walk freely and has freedom to associate anywhere in his country without the fear of being intimidated, harassed, threatened or beaten for any reason. Our march to democracy makes available procedures which must be observed conscientiously before denying anyone his right. In Law, this is called the principle of natural justice.

We had not committed any crime known to the Nigerian law and that we would not be intimidated into a state of muteness for telling the world that armed soldiers threatened to kill us in front of our school gate. We must reiterate with emphasis that our right to life and association is sacrosanct and NOBODY is empowered to attempt to deprive us of same.

*Section 33 (1) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (1999 as amended), which stands tall amongst all laws in Nigeria provides as follows:*
*“EVERY PERSON has a right to life, and no one shall be deprived intentionally of his life".*

*Article 3 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights equally provides as follows:*
*“EVERYONE has the right to life, liberty, and security of person.”*

As we round off, we insist that the Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Yusuf Buratai MUST call his men to order now. The energy being projected while brutalizing innocent Nigerians students should rather be used against Boko Haram who have caused us monumental damage and continue to do so, unabated. The assault against any person is a violent fundamental human rights infraction. It MUST stop!

Enough is enough Nigerian army, Nigerian police, you all will soon meet your doom! Insha Allah, Insha Jesus "AMEN! AMEN!! AMEN!!!.
(By Gods mighty grace).

Aluta CONTINUA!
Victoria ASCERTA!!
Amangla AWETU!!!

*Signed:*✍
*Chairman*
*Comr. Moses Samson Adewale*
*SMS Madiba*

*P.R.O*
*Comr. Busari Abdulqowiyy Adelaja*

Lalasticlala please help us push it to front page..
Enough is enough..

1 Share

Re: Nans Jcc Lagos Say No To Laspotech Brutality By The Nigerian Army by betapikin: 7:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
A peacefully protest was hijacked by men in khaki that was meant to protect citizen...
Enough is Enough..
Ambode please come to our aid.

A SELFLESS SERVICE TO AN UNGRATEFUL NATION.
A nation that has lost it values,the value of lives are now valueless to some set of people.
We only did what we thought was right,it was a peacefull protest,very peacefull one.
And then the drama started unfolding itself,
The uniform men,the same one's that threw out FELA's mother from kalakuta,drove in recklessly to disrupt the action,we still hanged around thinking they were just passing by; alas!!
They trooped out in numbers beating protesters,chasing them,students who really haven't gained anything from the present administration were brutalized,
I saw the union President beaten( Hon Lawal Omogoriola Dauda), the majority leader of the union( Gabriel Titilope ) had whips of koboko in his body i was dazzled,i looked at my hands i had n0 guns, my friend was told to roll in the mud,(
Asanbe Q. Olajuwon ) the beats up students mercilessly,went into their hostles,The whole place went haywire.
After about few minutes,when they didn't hear or see any body around the gate,they started coming into the street,we took on our heels ,i really never knew i had a talent yet to be unleashed; i jumped a fence times(x2)taller than myself.
An elderly woman shouted at us,"these poly boys una don go fight again make una pity una mama o"
I was dumb fold.
The society has decay,
They place values on rogues:
Nobody cares when a students was brutalized,what if he slumps at the moment?
A force that doesn't give welfare to her personnel's and the most painful of all:
A SELFLESS SERVICE TO AN UNGRATEFUL NATION.
Re: Nans Jcc Lagos Say No To Laspotech Brutality By The Nigerian Army by betapikin: 7:38pm On Jun 07, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: Nans Jcc Lagos Say No To Laspotech Brutality By The Nigerian Army by banjeezay(m): 8:19pm On Jun 07, 2017
olawalebabs, Fynestboi , Richiez u pple won't come here to move stuffs like this to front page abi?? I swear this country is fuvked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nans Jcc Lagos Say No To Laspotech Brutality By The Nigerian Army by betapikin: 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2017
banjeezay:
olawalebabs, Fynestboi , Richiez u pple won't come here to move stuffs like this to front page abi?? I swear this country is fuvked

I am surprise too oo..
NL is a channel to air our view on matter that is bothering us..
Do we even need to be begging moderators before this kind of news will get to front page..
I am weeping for my country..
Re: Nans Jcc Lagos Say No To Laspotech Brutality By The Nigerian Army by banjeezay(m): 10:01pm On Jun 07, 2017
betapikin:

I am surprise too oo..
NL is a channel to air our view on matter that is bothering us..
Do we even need to be begging moderators before this kind of news will get to front page..
I am weeping for my country..

it obvious nairaland mods are sentimental,they keep pushing irrelevant post to FP,ignoring the FP worthy.

Lalasticlala Mynd44, Seun olawalebabs Fynestboi Richiez

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can An Original Waec Certificate Be Received Twice / A Day Hard To Forget In Life / Student Financial Support. Go Get Yours.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.