Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:55 AM

Which Of These Would Marriage Be Based On? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Of These Would Marriage Be Based On? (585 Views)

COVID-19: Can A Marriage Be Conducted Online? Legal provision. / Why Do We Divide House Chores Based On Gender? / Based On Logistic! See What Makes Some Girls Slay... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Would Marriage Be Based On? by ayrulez(m): 9:22pm On Jun 07, 2017
marriages these days is a whole lot complicated from the very beginning when partners are from different ethnic group, faith and social status.. All of these is on been duly considered when choosing a life partner. The point of discussion in this topic is faith and love. which would be considered when getting married? some people would only marry from their religion, some strictly from their church, and some would marry someone from another religion. which would you base your marriage on, LOVE or FAITH?
Re: Which Of These Would Marriage Be Based On? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 07, 2017
I think it's better to marry base on faith, that's of either of the partner is truly devoted. Faith comprises a lot of attributes (love, respect, humility, perseverance etc). If a partner truly hold firm to his or her faith, there won't be much struggle to show love.

Marrying base on love is limited to a particular factor. There might a physical attributes that attracts a partner to another. It can either be the teeth, personality, status, wealth, physique etc. Would the love still be there if those characteristics fades away? What keeps the marriage going after all those fades away?

It is frustrating that the word LOVE is being abused in this generation.

This is just my little opinion.
Re: Which Of These Would Marriage Be Based On? by ayrulez(m): 9:47pm On Jun 07, 2017
Dextology:
I think it's better to marry base on faith, that's of either of the partner is truly devoted. Faith comprises a lot of attributes (love, respect, humility, perseverance etc). If a partner truly hold firm to his or her faith, there won't be much struggle to show love.

Marrying base on love is limited to a particular factor. There might a physical attributes that attracts a partner to another. It can either be the teeth, personality, status, wealth, physique etc. Would the love still be there if those characteristics fades away? What keeps the marriage going after all those fades away?

It is frustrating that the word LOVE is being abused in this generation.

This is just my little opinion.
well said. what if the faith is of different believe... like she's a Muslim and am a Christian... she's a Catholic and am a Jew? would faith not play a negative role? when asked why do you love me? how come most. times people don't always able to point at a. specific reason? love do still exist. unconditional love at that...she won't be beautiful, she won't be rich, yet you. will still have strong feelings for her unconditionally.. intact she might even cheat and you still forgive her...
Re: Which Of These Would Marriage Be Based On? by Nobody: 4:41am On Jun 08, 2017
Tribe first, faith then love. Thank you.
Re: Which Of These Would Marriage Be Based On? by lajoshua: 7:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
Please there is nothing like "LOVE"!!!

(1) (Reply)

DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT ON NL. APOLOGY TO FEW FOLLOWERS / Can I Get Married To My Best Friend's Ex / Family Business Going Sour. Please HELP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.