Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy (4568 Views)

Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy / Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy / 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:38am On Jun 08, 2017
These days most people want to become a blogger just because they need quick cash but blogging is not a get rich quick job.
You need to understand what you are blogging about.

<i>What motivates you?</i>

The way bloggers with a branded blog run their blogs is quite different from the non-branded blogger.
Blogging has given me a chance to work with a couple of companies and organizations. Some opportunities didn't work out , while some were successful.

I worked with Obi Worldphones (I was contacted by a PR company, Invicta Africa) and everything went well while a deal I had with Romoss Electronics, China broke down because the distributor in Nigeria insisted that I come to Lagos but I couldn't go to Lagos simply because of a review. I felt bad but it's a stepping stone to get to where I want. I think you ought to see blogging as a way to start off your brand. You should be a voice that reader's can trust. Always be ready to accept corrections. It's okay to be a Maverick or a Dissenter once in a while, you can even play the Devil's advocate, it's fun but don't go off limits.

You may be scared that you won't get enough people to see your content but with strategic marketing, you can boost a new blog from 0 to 100 in a couple of weeks. The question is. Are you ready to invest your time and money?
You need to be ready to invest your time and money strategically. Once you have planned out what your brand is going to be about you can start off.
Here's a tip on how to build your brand while earning from affiliate marketing.

Let's say you blog about fashion products and your Google AdSense isn't really converting, take the bull by the horn. Join an affiliate program, select the best products, write a catchy headline with an attractive photo and promote the product on Facebook with your link. You'd be surprised to see how much you'd make compared to when you leave the link on your blog. Using Facebook algorithms, ads displayed are usually based on the person's interests so your ad gets displayed to people who are really interested in it.

Facebook may be a social network but it's not a non-profit organization, the users are it's products and they're offering them to you on an affordable platter. The more you spend the more people get to see your ad. You can try out the same strategy on Instagram, Twitter, Reddit and other social networks. Don't just rush into an advertising campaign. Test the advertisements with a low budget, if the turnover is okay you can increase your budget..
If you spend $5 on a campaign and you earn $15-$20 that's a good result.

You could try increasing your budget and see if it makes more money but if you don't get back the money you spent, it's totally unprofitable for you.

On the long run people will inadvertently get to trust your blog and it will boost your social media following as well thus building a successful online brand for you. Also try to reach out to other brands and see if you can get to partner with them. If it works out, it's a win-win situation. You earn from the other brand and they get something from you in return as well. At the end everyone is happy. If you're turned down, don't feel dejected, there are over a thousand ways to get something done.
Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:38am On Jun 08, 2017

2 Likes

Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by lovelove2323: 6:55am On Jun 08, 2017
nice one
Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by Edopesin: 6:56am On Jun 08, 2017
i have like 7 blog all abandoned

Trust Me
The Ethusiasm I Had Before I Started Is Diminished
Frm One Prob To Anoda

And Somborri Will Be Looking For Traffic Upandan Again

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by Arian11(m): 6:56am On Jun 08, 2017
impressive
Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by Carter4luv(m): 6:56am On Jun 08, 2017
Ok
Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by shininglight78(m): 6:56am On Jun 08, 2017
Somebody help me please I need a job. 09027846955

2 Likes

Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by johntaiwo123(m): 6:58am On Jun 08, 2017
smiley Some think it's a get rich quick thing. Those that succeeded blogging had put a lot of hard work for many years before the success story.

With out traffic your blog is dead. You will make no money. Invest in traffic and your earning and hard work will bring result.

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by Amgreat70(m): 6:58am On Jun 08, 2017
U nah don sell blogging tire
Let's reason another internet avenue of making money because there are so many....
Not creating and encouraging people about the money in blogging making them to create irrelevant blogs with same niche over and over again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by chinybelle(f): 6:59am On Jun 08, 2017
wink
Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by classic4me: 6:59am On Jun 08, 2017
well....*****
Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by kelvyn7: 7:04am On Jun 08, 2017
shocked
Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by 24hourNigeriane(f): 7:06am On Jun 08, 2017
Nice tips Facebook marketing is very good
Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by Beverages: 7:08am On Jun 08, 2017
johntaiwo123:
smiley Some think it's a get rich quick thing. Those that succeeded blogging had put a lot of hard work for many years before the success story.

With out traffic your blog is dead. You will make no money. Invest in traffic and your earning and hard work will bring result.
spot on
Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by edidiongmichael(m): 7:10am On Jun 08, 2017
I'm starting a tech blog soon.. Though I'll do more of a lifestyle niche. I'm targeting getting to organizing the first tech summit in Akwa Ibom. Any contribution here is necessary.. I'm open to any advice please
Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by 2shure: 7:10am On Jun 08, 2017
Abegi

All na mouth
Dnt get a real job.
Sitdown 4 frnt of computer.
Jesus go meet u thr na.
Mumu

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by Beverages: 7:13am On Jun 08, 2017
johntaiwo123:

this your number is not on whatsapp??
Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by smartty68(m): 7:16am On Jun 08, 2017
Blogging ain't blood money like it used to be back in the days. Now everyone wants to go blogging and the most prevalent ones are the copy/paste bloggers. Lol

Anyways, ain't into blogging!

Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by tectonotimes: 7:25am On Jun 08, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
These days most people want to become a blogger just because they need quick cash but blogging is not a get rich quick job.
You need to understand what you are blogging about.

<i>What motivates you?</i>

The way bloggers with a branded blog run their blogs is quite different from the non-branded blogger.
Blogging has given me a chance to work with a couple of companies and organizations. Some opportunities didn't work out , while some were successful.

I worked with Obi Worldphones (I was contacted by a PR company, Invicta Africa) and everything went well while a deal I had with Romoss Electronics, China broke down because the distributor in Nigeria insisted that I come to Lagos but I couldn't go to Lagos simply because of a review. I felt bad but it's a stepping stone to get to where I want. I think you ought to see blogging as a way to start off your brand. You should be a voice that reader's can trust. Always be ready to accept corrections. It's okay to be a Maverick or a Dissenter once in a while, you can even play the Devil's advocate, it's fun but don't go off limits.

You may be scared that you won't get enough people to see your content but with strategic marketing, you can boost a new blog from 0 to 100 in a couple of weeks. The question is. Are you ready to invest your time and money?
You need to be ready to invest your time and money strategically. Once you have planned out what your brand is going to be about you can start off.
Here's a tip on how to build your brand while earning from affiliate marketing.

Let's say you blog about fashion products and your Google AdSense isn't really converting, take the bull by the horn. Join an affiliate program, select the best products, write a catchy headline with an attractive photo and promote the product on Facebook with your link. You'd be surprised to see how much you'd make compared to when you leave the link on your blog. Using Facebook algorithms, ads displayed are usually based on the person's interests so your ad gets displayed to people who are really interested in it.

Facebook may be a social network but it's not a non-profit organization, the users are it's products and they're offering them to you on an affordable platter. The more you spend the more people get to see your ad. You can try out the same strategy on Instagram, Twitter, Reddit and other social networks. Don't just rush into an advertising campaign. Test the advertisements with a low budget, if the turnover is okay you can increase your budget..
If you spend $5 on a campaign and you earn $15-$20 that's a good result.

You could try increasing your budget and see if it makes more money but if you don't get back the money you spent, it's totally unprofitable for you.

On the long run people will inadvertently get to trust your blog and it will boost your social media following as well thus building a successful online brand for you. Also try to reach out to other brands and see if you can get to partner with them. If it works out, it's a win-win situation. You earn from the other brand and they get something from you in return as well. At the end everyone is happy. If you're turned down, don't feel dejected, there are over a thousand ways to get something done.
You can also build your brand as a blogger through e-mail marketing. This has been proven by Harvard Business Review as the best method. For more information, click on the second link on my signature.

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by jendordino(m): 7:26am On Jun 08, 2017
edidiongmichael:
I'm starting a tech blog soon.. Though I'll do more of a lifestyle niche. I'm targeting getting to organizing the first tech summit in Akwa Ibom. Any contribution here is necessary.. I'm open to any advice please
About WOR(l)D GN
With an Headquarter in MIAMI, USA, WOR(l)D stands apart as a leader in the global markets of media, mobile and wearable technologies. In the 15 offices distrbuited in all the continents, WOR(l)D is employing the brightest minds and best professionals, constantly investing in great ideas and highly motivated people. Every WOR(l)D product reflects its passion for research, innovation and environmental responsibility.

WOR(l)D is a recognized as a leading player in the drive towards a more economically stable, socially connected world. Leveraging a new business paradigm, WOR(l)D seeks to transcend every social and economic boundary. Using innovative products and a proven, direct selling business model wor(l)d is helping people around the globe to transform their lives—and their livelihoods.
For more information please visit
http://jendor.worldgn.com/
Whatsapp +2348035936318

Here is good product to blog about and be rewarded for your effort. It's wearable technologies and it's new in Nigeria market. Be the first to blog about it. Goodluck
Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by sleeknick: 7:41am On Jun 08, 2017
Gizzard
Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by arctodus(m): 7:48am On Jun 08, 2017
Edopesin:

Trust Me
Frm One Prob To Anoda

Commitment bro, commitment. Why have 7? And also, what motivated you to start blogging? Cos someone told you you can make money from it? You see our motivation to start any business shouldn't be for the money cos when you start and the going gets rough, you'll give up, your drive should be something stronger than the money you were hoping to get...
Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by Edopesin: 8:09am On Jun 08, 2017
arctodus:

Commitment bro, commitment. Why have 7? And also, what motivated you to start blogging? Cos someone told you you can make money from it? You see our motivation to start any business shouldn't be for the money cos when you start and the going gets rough, you'll give up, your drive should be something stronger than the money you were hoping to get...
i av always been interested in creating a blog right from when i was still in secondary schl
but u will notice always meet one fustrating prob to anoda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by Tolu95(m): 8:11am On Jun 08, 2017
Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 08, 2017
nowphils:
ADMISSION IS ONGOING FOR AUGUST
Dominique please ban this person.
Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by ipreach: 8:36am On Jun 08, 2017
Edopesin:

Trust Me
Frm One Prob To Anoda

When you build a nice brand, traffic will be coming on their own. Also, blogging requires lots of patience before you will start seeing the required dividend
Re: How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy by ipreach: 8:39am On Jun 08, 2017
johntaiwo123:

I started making money, I mean real money from my blog after [b]3 years[/b]with patience, determination and hardwork.

I pity those that blog for just a month and they start complaining of not making money from their blog.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? / Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate / How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.