Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? (41122 Views)

Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria / Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria / Dino Melaye Flaunts His Car In Russia, Says My Passion Is My Personal Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by jpphilips(m): 10:39am On Jul 05, 2017
LordAdam16:

Drop a link and end this madness.

I've dropped mine which you didn't nor can read.

http://www.aljazeera.com/blogs/africa/2017/04/clear-winners-south-sudan-war-170420093525610.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heglig_Crisis

Drop yours? Ignorant illiterate.

I'll shred your cred on NL, b*ffoon.

-Lord

He actually thinks the Sudanese insurrection started with the Heglig crisis grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Im sure this dude watches Tv through his neighbour's window, imagine the unlettered mentally weak individual, he has braced up to argue with his father, you have nothing but emptiness to offer me, I will be doing a great disservice to myself wasting my knowledge on you, at least you have learnt the Heglig crisis, with time you will catch up! I understand how desperate you are to feel among, relax your time hasn't come.

3 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by jpphilips(m): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2017
Afamed:

These are the kind of questions you suppose to be asking kanu who is pushing you for Biafra. Since he has been promising you heaven on earth. To Nnamdi and his co traveller Biafra will automatically become New York, the day they seceded.

The lad thinks he has the right to ask me the guidelines for a referendum but not Kanu, just imagine how s!lly?
When Kanu mentioned referendum, the first thing that will land on his face should be a dirty slap if his minions have a clue what it is, but here he is, asking us to prove kanu wrong, no we won't prove kanu wrong, Kanu is right, they should collect their referendum from kanu.
I wonder if these traders passed primary school.

5 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by doskie(m): 10:48am On Jul 05, 2017
jpphilips:

I don't have to be nice to perpetual mentally challenged individuals either, in this case IPOB. got that??
i initially followed you thinking highly of you as an intelligent person. oopss.... my mental challenges! doesnt give me the right judgement all the time. your hatred for igbos will eventually consume you. im not igbo btw.

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by LordAdam16: 10:49am On Jul 05, 2017
jpphilips:

you quoted a text from someone as far as we know may be yourself and call it a source? Such a mentally weak individual. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Quoted from the Wikipedia article on the Civil War.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War

Do you want to keep disgracing yourself?

-Lord

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by LordAdam16: 10:52am On Jul 05, 2017
jpphilips:

He actually thinks the Sudanese insurrection started with the Heglig crisis grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Im sure this dude watches Tv through his neighbour's window, imagine the unlettered mentally weak individual, he has braced up to argue with his father, your have nothing but emptiness to offer me, I will be doing a great disservice to myself wasting my knowledge on you, at least you have learnt the Heglig crisis, with time you will catch up!

Why not you post a link d*psh*t and end your suffering?

All of this nonsense would end when you post just one link proving this stupid statement of yours:

Sudan declared war on the South not immediately after the referendum but when the Pipeline issue arose,

Just one link ign*ram*s. That's how you go around throwing around sh*t calling them facts.

I made you a promise to shred whatever cred you had on here, I'm just getting started.

-Lord

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by jpphilips(m): 10:54am On Jul 05, 2017
doskie:
i initially followed you thinking highly of you as an intelligent person. oopss.... my mental challenges! doesnt give me the right judgement all the time. your hatred for igbos will eventually consume you. im not igbo btw.

You followed me? are you that jobless? That is what happens when you are assessing people but have no time to assess yourself, what you think doesn't really matter, reality is what it is;

4 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by jpphilips(m): 10:55am On Jul 05, 2017
LordAdam16:

Quoted from the Wikipedia article on the Civil War.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War

Do you want to keep disgracing yourself?

-Lord

You actually Quoted Wikipedia on the Nigerian civil war? Such mental inefficiency grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by doskie(m): 11:00am On Jul 05, 2017
jpphilips:

You followed me? are you that jobless? That is what happens when you are assessing people but have no time to assess yourself, what you think doesn't really matter, reality is what it is;
i normally would have backed off at this point but im just enjoying how ego and pride can reduce an elephant to a worm. if soneone thinks you to be a foool, you better refrain from doing what will make him know for certainty that you are a foool. my 1% advice.
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by LordAdam16: 11:08am On Jul 05, 2017
jpphilips:

You actually Quoted Wikipedia on the Nigerian civil war? Such mental inefficiency grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now I know you need to see a psychiatrist.

How about you bring an authority quote from your "better source," any source that shows Colonel Mohammed Shuwa did not start the war on 6 July 1967, that Shell-BP did not pay Biafra after the war started when they were advised against it by the British government, and that Nigerian troops did not capture Bonny Island towards the end of the July 1967.

Just one source?

These are the references and Bibliographies for that Wikipedia Article. Removed some as the post was too long. You can find all of them in the link -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War

I would rip you to shreds, d*mw*t.

References[edit]
Jump up ^ https://2001-2009.state.gov/r/pa/ho/frus/nixon/e5/c15646.htm
Jump up ^ Nigeria Since Independence: The First Twenty-five Years : International Relations, 1980. Page 204
Jump up ^ Shadows : Airlift and Airwar in Biafra and Nigeria 1967–1970, by Michael I. Draper (ISBN 1-902109-63-5)
Jump up ^ Biafra Revisited, 2006. Page 5.
Jump up ^ "Biafran Airlift: Israel’s Secret Mission to Save Lives." Press, Eitan. United With Israel. www.unitedwithisrael.org Published 13 October 2013. Accessed 13 January 2017.
Jump up ^ Genocide and the Europeans, 2010. Page 71.
Jump up ^ There's A Riot Going On: Revolutionaries, Rock Stars, and the Rise and Fall of '60s Counter-Culture, 2007. Page 213.
Jump up ^ The USSR in Third World Conflicts: Soviet Arms and Diplomacy in Local Wars 1945–1980, 1986. Page 91
Jump up ^ Malcolm MacDonald: Bringing an End to Empire, 1995. Page 416.
Jump up ^ Ethnic Politics in Kenya and Nigeria, 2001. Page 54.
Jump up ^ Africa 1960–1970: Chronicle and Analysis, 2009. Page 423
Jump up ^ "The Biafran War, Nigerian History, Nigerian Civil War".
^ Jump up to: a b Nkwocha, 2010: 156
^ Jump up to: a b c Karl DeRouen & U. K. Heo (2007). Civil wars of the world: Major conflicts since World War II. Tomo I. Santa Bárbara: ABC CLIO, pp. 569. ISBN 978-1-85109-919-1.
Jump up ^ Alfred Obiora Uzokwe (2003). Surviving in Biafra: The Story of the Nigerian Civil War : Over Two Million Died. Lincoln: iUniverse, pp xvi. ISBN 978-0-595-26366-0.
^ Jump up to: a b Dr. Onyema Nkwocha (2010). The Republic of Biafra: Once Upon a Time in Nigeria My Story of the Biafra-Nigerian Civil War - A Struggle for Survival (1967-1970). Bloomington: AuthorHouse, pp. 25. ISBN 978-1-4520-6867-1.
Jump up ^ Biafran War. Global Security.
^ Jump up to: a b c Phillips, Charles, & Alan Axelrod (2005). "Nigerian-Biafran War". Encyclopedia of Wars. Tomo II. New York: Facts On File, Inc., ISBN 978-0-8160-2853-5.
^ Jump up to: a b c Uche, "Oil, British Interests and the Nigerian Civil War" (2008), p. 123. "The oil revenue issue, however, came to a head when Gowon, on 27 May 1967, divided the country into twelve states. The Eastern Region was split into three states: South Eastern State, Rivers State and East Central State. This effectively excised the main oil-producing areas from the core Ibo state (East Central State). On 30 May 1967, Ojukwu declared independence and renamed the entire Eastern Region 'the Republic of Biafra'. As part of the effort to get the Biafran leadership to change its mind, the Federal government placed a shipping embargo on the territory."
Jump up ^ Kirk-Greene, The Genesis of the Nigerian Civil War (1975), p. 6. "The final high water, and the greatest of flood tides, of this phase of Gowon's leadership came in May 1967 with his Decree – and only a no-nonsense, no-referendum military government could have effected overnight such a fundamental reversal of half a century of Nigeria's political history and administrative thinking – to replace the four Regions by twelve States. Whether Decree No. 14 was designed to forestall secession (would-be Biafra was now to consist of 3 states instead of the Eastern Region, two of them mischievously emphasising the East's long-contained minorities problem of Ibibio/Efik discontent and Calabar-Ogoja-Rivers separatism, and the third a landlocked, oil-less, overpopulated Ibo enclave) or whether it pushed Ojukwu into the final defiance of declaring a secessionist Republic remains a matter of argument. What remains unchallenged is the unequalled point of no return in Nigeria's history that the States Decree constitutes."
^ Jump up to: a b c d e Uche, "Oil, British Interests and the Nigerian Civil War" (2008), pp. 120–124.
^ Jump up to: a b Heerten & Moses, "The Nigeria–Biafra War" (2014), p. 174. "The FMG's major strategic advantage was not its military force, but its diplomatic status: internationally recognised statehood. That the FMG could argue that it was a sovereign government facing an 'insurgency' was decisive. […] Nigeria's secured diplomatic status was also crucial for the most significant development in the war's early stages: the FMG's decision to blockade the secessionist state. To cut off Biafra's lines of communication with the outside world, air and sea ports were blockaded, foreign currency transactions banned, incoming mail and telecommunication blocked and international business obstructed. Even with its limited resources, Nigeria was able to organise a successful blockade without gaping holes or long interruptions--mostly because other governments or companies were ready to acquiesce to Lagos' handling of the matter."
Jump up ^ Chibuike, Uche (2008). "Oil, British Interests and the Nigerian Civil War". The Journal of African History. 49: 111–135. JSTOR 40206616.
^ Jump up to: a b c d ATOFARATI, ABUBAKAR .A. "The Nigerian Civil War: Causes, Strategies, And Lessons Learnt". Global Security. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
Jump up ^ Ntieyong U. Akpan, The Struggle for Secession, 1966–1970: A Personal Account of the Nigerian Civil War.
^ Jump up to: a b Awoyokun, Damola (19 February 2013). "BIAFRA: The Untold Story of Nigeria's civil war". P.M. News.
Jump up ^ Kirk-Greene, The Genesis of the Nigerian Civil War (1975), pp. 6–7.
Jump up ^ Akpan, Ntieyoung U. The Struggle for Secession, 1966–1970: A Personal Account of the Nigerian Civil War. (2nd ed.). online: Routledge. pp. 89–106. ISBN 9781317792314. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
Jump up ^ Ethnic Politics in Kenya and Nigeria, by Godfrey Mwakikagile, Nova Publishers, 2001.ISBN 1560729678
Jump up ^ Uche, "Oil, British Interests and the Nigerian Civil War" (2008), p. 131. "Within a month of full military conflict, the Nigerian government captured the important Island of Bonny from the Biafrans. The British High Commissioner articulated the importance of this capture at the time: 'This not only tightens the grip on the blockade and gives the Federal Government a first footing in the Rivers Province; it places in their hands the most valuable part of Shell-BP installations, for the storage tanks, the pumping station and the tanker terminal are all at Bonny.' At the time of the capture, the Nigerian government claimed that the Island was taken 'without any damage' to Shell-BP's installations there."
Jump up ^ Uche, "Oil, British Interests and the Nigerian Civil War" (2008), p. 132. "Despite the return of Gray, and the interest of Shell-BP and the British government in getting the oil machines pumping again, the state of war and its attendant hazards ensured that this could not happen immediately. It was not until May 1968, when Nigerian marines captured Port Harcourt, that it was adjudged safe by Shell-BP to send an advance team to both Bonny and Port Harcourt to assess the state of their production facilities."
Jump up ^ Uche, "Oil, British Interests and the Nigerian Civil War" (2008), pp. 133–134. "The problem was that the oil had to be shipped through Bonny, which at the time was not safe. Furthermore, silting of the approaches to the Bonny terminal during the early parts of the war reduced its unit tanker capacity from 70,000 tons to about 40,000 tons. Even with the use of smaller tankers, the short haul from Nigeria to Britain was still more profitable than the Cape route used for Gulf oil. Despite the prospects for Eastern Region oil, the civil war made the source unreliable. Luckily for Shell-BP, prior to the war, it had planned a second terminal off Forcados, which was in Federal territory. Construction of the terminal and the pipelines, which started during the war, took 18 months and was completed in the middle of 1969."
Jump up ^ Levey, "Israel, Nigeria and the Biafra civil war" (2014), pp. 274.
Jump up ^ Griffin, "French military policy in the Nigerian Civil War" (2015), p. 122. "The most important dimension of French military assistance was the shipment of weapons to Biafra, which had severe shortages of not only heavy weapons, but also small arms and ammunition. Portugal also provided weapons to Biafra, as did Czechoslovakia, until the Soviet invasion in 1968. The Biafrans set up an office in Paris called the 'Biafran Historical Research Centre', which was Ojukwu's contact point with Mauricheau-Beupré, Falques and Denard. The Centre allowed Ojukwu to purchase arms directly from European arms dealers. Denard would purhcase arms from Czechoslovakia and ship them by sea to Biafra via Libreville. Starting in October 1967, there were also direct Czech arms flights, by a network of pilots led by Jack Malloch, a Rhodesian in contact with Houphouët-Boigny and Mauricheau-Beupré."
Jump up ^ Griffin, "French military policy in the Nigerian Civil War" (2015), p. 123.
Jump up ^ Griffin, "French military policy in the Nigerian Civil War" (2015), p. 124. "In May and early June 1968, protests and general strikes in France prevented de Gaulle, Foccart or any other French official from following the situation in Biafra. On 12 June, after the riots had subsided, a French ministerial council decided to impose an official arms embargo on both Nigeria and Biafra, and to start providing direct humanitarian aid to Ojukwu. Robert explains that the humanitarian aid provided a very effective cover for the secret French arms shipments, which began to increase."
^ Jump up to: a b Griffin, "French military policy in the Nigerian Civil War" (2015), p. 124–125. "The 31 July 1938 statement in favor of Biafra was preceded by a concerted campaign in the French press during the month of July to inform the French public about events in Biafra. […] The French government's next step after the 31 July statement was to launch a major campaign to gain public funding for humanitarian operations in Biafra. The campaign was coordinated at the highest levels of government, and the French Foreign Ministry files make it clear that the French television service and the French Red Cross were required to get governmental approval to ask for funds. The French public eventually contributed 12,600,000 francs. The French press continued a concerted campaign throughout August 1968 to alert the public to the humanitarian situation."
Jump up ^ Griffin, "French military policy in the Nigerian Civil War" (2015), p. 124. "Robert, in a surprising admission, stated that it was the SDECE that instructed the media to use the term 'genocide' in 1968. He says that the SDECE gave the French press precise information about Biafran casualties and civilian losses, and that Le Monde was the first to pick up the story. Rony Braumann wrote in 2006 that the SDECE paid the Biafran press service Markpress, located in Geneva, to introduce the theme of genocide to the general public."
Jump up ^ Griffin, "French military policy in the Nigerian Civil War" (2015), pp. 127–128.
Jump up ^ "Student Dies Following Self Burning". El Paso Herald-Post. 30 May 1969. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
^ Jump up to: a b Achebe, Chinua (2012). "Blood, Blood Everywhere". There was a country : a personal history of Biafra. London: Allen Lane. ISBN 978-1-84614-576-6.
Jump up ^ "GS Student, 20, Immolates Himself In Front of U.N.". 3 June 1969. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
Jump up ^ Ebiem, Osita (26 May 1914). "30 May Biafra Independence & Bruce Mayrock Story". Retrieved 2 June 2014.
Jump up ^ "The Kwale oilfield incident: Nigeria –Biafra War (2)".
Jump up ^ "Ojukwu on the Kwale Incident".
Jump up ^ "Apollo 13 - 1970 Year in Review - Audio - UPI.com".
Jump up ^ "Biafra/Nigeria". eNotes.com. Retrieved 30 August 2009.
Jump up ^ "Nigerian Civil War". Polynational War Memorial. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
Jump up ^ "Biafra: Thirty years on". Africa. BBC News. Retrieved 4 January 2014. Ethnic split: At independence, Nigeria had a federal constitution comprising three regions defined by the principal ethnic groups in the country – the Hausa and Fulani in the north, Yoruba in the south-west, and Ibo in the south-east. Crowd The fighting led to famine and chaos but as the military took over in the mid-1960s, and the economic situation worsened, ethnic tensions broke out. Up to 30,000 Ibos were killed in fighting with Hausas, and around 1 million refugees fled to their Ibo homeland in the east

Jump up ^ GS Student immolates self in front of U.N. Building, Columbia Daily Spectator, Volume CXIII, Number 118, 3 June 1969
Jump up ^ Student immolates self in front of U.N. Building, Columbia Daily Spectator, Volume CXIII, Number 118, 3 June 1969
Jump up ^ With reason. The pre-1966 tax-sharing agreements on mineral wealth were changed to okay favour the Federal government at the expense of the state. This agreement has, in the 1980s, been modified to further favour the Federal government.
Jump up ^ Ken Saro-Wiwa, On a darkling plain
Jump up ^ Heerten & Moses, "The Nigeria–Biafra War" (2014), pp. 189–190. "By contrast, 'Biafra' as an Igbo project of collective assertion and liberation was destroyed in 1970 and has been a taboo subject ever sense—at least until MASSOB placed it back on the agenda."
Bibliography[edit]
Achebe, Chinua. There Was a Country, by Chinua Achebe; Penguin Press, 2012. (ISBN 978-1-59420-482-1)
Chant, Christopher. Warfare of the 20th Century. Chartwell Books, 1988. Ibadan University Press, 1974.
Diamond, Larry. Class, Ethnicity and Democracy in Nigeria: The Failure of the First Republic. Basingstroke, UK: Macmillan Press, 1988. ISBN 0-333-39435-6
Draper, Michael I. Shadows : Airlift and Airwar in Biafra and Nigeria 1967–1970. ISBN 1-902109-63-5
Dudley, Billy. Instability and Political Order: Politics and Crisis in Nigeria
Ejibunu, Hassan Tai: Nigeria´s Delta Crisis: Root Causes and Peacelessness – EPU Research Papers: Issue 07/07, Stadtschlaining 2007
Ekwe-Ekwe, Herbert. The Biafra War: Nigeria and the Aftermath. African Studies, Volume 17. Lewiston, NY: Edwin Mellen Press, 1990. ISBN 0-88946-235-6
Griffin, Christopher. "French military policy in the Nigerian Civil War, 1967–1970". Small Wars & Insurgencies 26.1, 2015.
Heerten, Lasse, & A. Dirk Moses. "The Nigeria–Biafra war: postcolonial conflict and the question of genocide". Journal of Genocide Research 16.2–3, 2014.
Kirk-Greene, A.H.M. The Genesis of the Nigerian Civil War and the Theory of Fear. Scandinavian Institute of African Studies. Research Report No. 27. Uppsala Offset Centre AB, 1975. ISBN 91-7106-085-5
Levey, Zach. "Israel, Nigeria and the Biafra civil war, 1967–70". Journal of Genocide Research 2–3, 2014.
Madiebo, Alexander A. The Nigerian Revolution and the Biafran War. Fourth Dimension Publishers, 1980.
Njoku, H. M. A Tragedy Without Heroes: The Nigeria—Biafra War. Enugu: Fourth Dimension Publishing Co., Ltd., 1987. ISBN 978-156-238-2
Ojiaku, Chief Uche Jim. Surviving the Iron Curtain: A Microscopic View of What Life Was Like, Inside a War-Torn Region. 2007. ISBN 1-4241-7070-2; ISBN 978-1-4241-7070-8
Olawoyin, James Alabi Olabisi. "Historical Analysis of Nigeria–Biafra Conflict". Master of Laws thesis accepted at York University (Toronto, Ontario), October 1971.
O'Sullivan, Kevin. "Humanitarian encounters: Biafra, NGOs and imaginings of the Third World in Britain and Ireland, 1967–70". Journal of Genocide Research 16.2–3, 2014.
Pierri, Bruno. "A New Entry into the World Oil Market: Nigeria and Its Relations with the Atlantic Powers, 1967–1973". Eunomia. Rivista semestrale di Storia e Politica Internazionali 1.2, 2013.
Stevenson, John Allen. "Capitol Gains: How Foreign Military Intervention and the Elite Quest for International Recognition Cause Mass Killing in New States". Political science PhD dissertation, accepted at University of Chicago, December 2014.
Uche, Chibuike. "Oil, British Interests and the Nigerian Civil War". Journal of African History 49, 2008.
Zumbach, Jan. On Wings of War: My Life as a Pilot Adventurer.

Tell me you know more than these resources or just provide one source that is more credible than all 100+ sources here.

Illiterate!

-Lord

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by jpphilips(m): 11:14am On Jul 05, 2017
doskie:
i normally would have backed off at this point but im just enjoying how ego and pride can reduce an elephant to a worm. if soneone thinks you to be a foool, you better refrain from doing what will make him know for certainty that you are a foool. my 1% advice.

The thing you have in common with the block head quoting me everywhere is plain ignorance, as usual, both of you want to learn with arrogance, a privilege I will not give any of you, anybody with a TV in 2012 knew when the Sudan pipeline crisis occurred (Economic and border disagreements), shortly after their independence, he thinks the civil war of 2013 was the beginning of the Sudanese crisis (political issue), imagine if someone tells you that Yaradua was President before Obasanjo, what will you do? show him links or enjoy his buffoonery? I have chosen the later. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
He actually calls himself a "Lord" grin grin grin grin grin, dumb "Lord"

4 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by jpphilips(m): 11:18am On Jul 05, 2017
LordAdam16:

Now I know you need to see a psychiatrist.

How about you bring an authority quote from your "better source," any source that shows Colonel Mohammed Shuwa did not start the war on 6 July 1967, that Shell-BP did not pay Biafra after the war started when they were advised against it by the British government, and that Nigerian troops did not capture Bonny Island towards the end of the July 1967.

Just one source?

These are the references and Bibliographies for that Wikipedia Article. Removed some as the post was too long. You can find all of them in the link -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War

I would rip you to shreds, d*mw*t.

Tell me you know more than these resources or just provide one source that is more credible than all 100+ sources here.

Illiterate!

-Lord

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Jeez!! this guy's mental weakness is out of this world, which of your Wikipedia sources collaborated the lie you told us?? you posted so many, Im certain your mental weakness didnt allow you to read any. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by LordAdam16: 11:21am On Jul 05, 2017
jpphilips:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Jeez!! this guy's mental weakness is out of this world, which of your Wikipedia sources collaborated the lie you told us?? you posted so many, Im certain your mental weakness didnt allow you to read any. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

M*d g**t.

Why not you read the sources and comprehend?

Or do I have to do that for you too? So you can't read? Where have you been getting your so-called "facts" from? From a beer parlor?

Bring your own link, you can't; I brought mine, you still can't respect yourself and read to enlighten yourself.

What sort of homo stupidus are you?

Better go and buy sense. Ign*rant Illit*rate!

I'm still waiting for your link. If your link is not in your next reply, then everyone would know you've been talking out of your a$$ all along and I'll call you an ID*OT! Including the demented f*llas that have been applauding your st*pidit*.

Bring your link or forever hide yourself in shame after been repeatedly trounced.

-Lord

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by jpphilips(m): 11:25am On Jul 05, 2017
LordAdam16:

M*d g**t.

Why not you read the sources and comprehend?

Or do I have to do that for you too? Bring your own link, you can't; I brought mine, you still can't read.

What sort of homo stupidus are you?

Better go and buy sense. Ignorat Illiterate!

I'm still waiting for your link. If your link is not in your next reply, then everyone would know you've been talking out of your a$$ all along. Including the demented f*llas that have been applauding your st*pidit*.

Bring your link or forever hide yourself in shame after been repeatedly trounced.

-Lord

Sorry I don't waste my links on individuals who lack the ability to read, I am sure you are desperate to fill that void of emptiness, thats your problem, deal with it.

3 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by LordAdam16: 11:30am On Jul 05, 2017
jpphilips:

The thing you have in common with the block head quoting me everywhere is plain ignorance, as usual, both of you want to learn with arrogance, a privilege I will not give any of you, anybody with a TV in 2012 knew when the Sudan pipeline crisis occurred (Economic and border disagreements), shortly after their independence, he thinks the civil war of 2013 was the beginning of the Sudanese crisis (political issue), imagine if someone tells you that Yaradua was President before Obasanjo, what will you do? show him links or enjoy his buffoonery? I have chosen the later. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
He actually calls himself a "Lord" grin grin grin grin grin, dumb "Lord"

So everyone with TV in 2012 knew about the Sudan pipeline crisis, but no news agency posted the news on their website. What sort of ignorant m*r*n are you?

So you can't bring just one news website about the pipeline crisis and how it led to the invasion of South Sudan by Sudan. Just one?

Why not you bring one single news article of how Sudan declared war on South Sudan because of a pipeline issue?

Just one!

You are an id**t who is a specialist in typing trash and today is your day of reckoning!

-Lord

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by LordAdam16: 11:34am On Jul 05, 2017
jpphilips:

Sorry I don't waste my links on individuals who lack the ability to read, I am sure you are desperate to fill that void of emptiness, thats your problem, deal with it.

ID*OT!

M*R*N!

So you do not have any link to prove your demented trash, and you've been bleating like a raped goat.

Pulling statements out of your a$$ like it is a library.

You should be ash*med of yourself. Who would take you seriously after this pummeling?

Or do you think you can just come here and type trash without proof?!

-Lord

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by jpphilips(m): 11:34am On Jul 05, 2017
LordAdam16:

So everyone with TV in 2012 knew about the Sudan pipeline crisis, but no news agency posted the news on their website. What sort of ignorant m*r*n are you?

So you can't bring just one news website about the pipeline crisis and how it led to the invasion of South Sudan by Sudan. Just one?

Why not you bring one single news article of how Sudan declared war on South Sudan because of a pipeline issue?

Just one!

You are an id**t who is a specialist in typing trash and today is your day of reckoning!

-Lord

Are you saying that till this moment you still don't know there was a pipeline crisis before the civil war? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
this is the highest level of mental ineptitude. I will not show you any article because you are too dumb to understand it.
Ok!! prove you are not dumb, what does this Article say?

http://www.reuters.com/article/uk-southsudan-pipeline-idUKBRE83412M20120405

4 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by LordAdam16: 11:50am On Jul 05, 2017
jpphilips:

Are you saying that till this moment you still don't know there was a pipeline crisis before the civil war? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
this is the highest level of mental ineptitude.

ID**T!

Before independence, the North and South had an agreement that the North would receive 50% of the share of oil proceeds from the South since the pipelines ran through the North to Port Sudan. This agreement was to run from 2005 to 2011 when the referendum was to occur.

After independence in 2011, the North still wanted the 50-50 split and Sudan wanted to charge US$34 per barrel to transport oil through the pipeline to the oil terminal at Port Sudan.

In response, South Sudan suspended oil production in January 2012.

So what 2012 pipeline crises are you talking about? And more importantly how did it lead to a war between Sudan and South Sudan, since the Heglig Crisis and the pipeline crises were two different crisis. One was South Sudan seizing the oilfields in Heglig (located in Sudan, and so it was South Sudan invading and not the other way around) and the other about Sudan asking for unfair renumeration to transport South Sudanese crude.

Should I look for a Yoruba translator to translate this for you, since you've shown to be completely inept at reading and comprehension?

That is why I'm asking you, if you have just one news source to prove this statement of yours:

Sudan declared war on the South not immediately after the referendum but when the Pipeline issue arose,

Just one!

And expectedly, you can't find one. Not even one.

So you are a pathological l**r who shouldn't be taken seriously.

You are an ID**T!

-Lord

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by jpphilips(m): 11:53am On Jul 05, 2017
LordAdam16:

ID**T!

Before independence, the North and South had an agreement that the North would receive 50% of the share of oil proceeds from the South since the pipelines ran through the North to Port Sudan. This agreement was to run from 2005 to 2011 when the referendum was to occur.

After independence in 2011, the North still wanted the 50-50 split and Sudan wanted to charge US$34 per barrel to transport oil through the pipeline to the oil terminal at Port Sudan.

In response, South Sudan suspended oil production in [b]January[/b0] 2012.

So what 2012 pipeline crises are you talking about? And more importantly how did it lead to a war between Sudan and South Sudan, since the Heglig Crisis and the pipeline crises were two different crisis. One was South Sudan seizing the oilfields in Heglig (located in Sudan, and so it was South Sudan invading and not the other way around) and the other about Sudan asking for unfair renumeration to transport South Sudanese crude.

Should I look for a Yoruba translator to translate this for you, since you've shown to be completely inept at reading and comprehension?

That is why I'm asking you, if you have just one news source to prove this statement of yours:

Just one!

And expectedly, you can't find one. Not even one.

So you are a pathological l**r who shouldn't be taken seriously.

You are an ID**T!

-Lord

You see why it is useless showing an IPOB member an article, where is the brain to understand it? This is your last chance, tell us what this Article is saying to prove you are not dumb! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
A f00l is a f00l, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
http://www.reuters.com/article/uk-southsudan-pipeline-idUKBRE83412M20120405

4 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by jpphilips(m): 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
LordAdam16:

Where in that article, did it prove this statement of yours:

Where in that article did it report that Sudan declared war on the South when the pipeline issue arose?

You are even more stu**d that previously thought, you can't even read the headline -- "South Sudan says Sudan tried to build "illegal" oil pipeline."

That proves my statement. Can you bring say the same for the bunch of trash you've been typing.

And this episode you're referring to was after the Heglig crisis.

So you skipped the pipeline negotiations fall out of 2011, skipped the Heglig crisis of 2012 when South Sudan invaded Sudan, and then landed on the skirmishes over illegal building of pipelines by Sudan as the cause of a war that NEVER HAPPENED!

In that same article, this was written:

Clashes in the ill-defined border region, not the pipeline crisis, was the cause of concern, and more importantly, no new war occurred. Instead later in 2013, the South Sudan civil war started.

So ID**T, again I ask, can you bring any article that proves this st*p*d statement of yours:

ID**T.

-Lord

You see the way I allowed you to make a huge f00l of yourself, now you have paid the price for ignorance, Kanu will soon pay the same price.
Of course I know you lack the ability to understand a news article after all, your best existence lies with Wikipedia, now the next help I will giv eyou are excerpts from the same article just to assist your mental inefficiency.

The division gave South Sudan about three quarters of the country's oil production, but it must still use pipelines and other facilities running through Sudan to export it, and the two have failed to agree how much it should pay to do this.

South Sudan's army "discovered an illegal pipeline that was being built by Sudan ... This is oil piracy," military spokesman Philip Aguer said by phone on Thursday, a day after South Sudan said it had shot down a Sudanese MiG-29 aircraft over South Sudan's oil-producing Unity state.

The two former civil war foes have been locked in a bitter dispute over oil payments and other issues, and clashes in the ill-defined border region last week gave rise to concern they might blow up into a new war.

Like kanu said, an average IPOB member lacks the ability to reason, congratulations!!! you have proved to the world how mentally deficient you are, remember, the internet hardly forgets grin grin grin grin grin

What you do not know is that by April 2012, north and South have not reached any deal on that pipeline use confirmed by the very first paragraph in that article, You can not convince any sane person you know of any 2011 deal when you have been ranting in denial of any pipeline crisis.

in fact, that Article was written on 5th April 2012, South sudan had independence in 2011 by April 2012, no agreement has been reached, i don't really expect you to know that do I?
The South shot down an MIG belonging to the North in April 2012, im sure you don't know that MiG-29 is a war plane, neither do i expect you to know that when two warring sides start shooting down their planes that such aggression is an act of war!!
You see how the half education you have has put you to shame!!

You can send Nnamdi Kanu to me for proper schooling grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by LordAdam16: 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2017
@jpphilips

Haha!

Your friends in the mod dept have decided to come save your a$$ by deleting my posts, while neglecting your posts right. Cry, cry!!!

Au revoir!

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by madridguy(m): 3:45pm On Jul 05, 2017
Funny and educating.
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by meritocrat: 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2017
LordAdam16:

Just one!

-Lord

I beg you in the name of who you serve to pity that thrash bin. Don't destroy what is left of his battered ego. Events have proven him wrong on so many occasions. I guess he is too proud to learn. He is simply uneducable, and that you cannot change.

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by jpphilips(m): 7:19am On Jul 06, 2017
LordAdam16:
@jpphilips

Haha!

Your friends in the mod dept have decided to come save your a$$ by deleting my posts, while neglecting your posts right. Cry, cry!!!

Au revoir!

-Lord

Majority of pro IPOB don't have sense, your case isn't surprising

5 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by LordAdam16: 8:39am On Jul 06, 2017
jpphilips:

Majority of pro IPOB don't have sense, your case isn't surprising

Why not you explain why my antepenultimate and penultimate posts were "magically" deleted while yours were left to stand?

Cry baby!

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by JhyMedex: 7:01pm On Jul 06, 2017
jpphilips!!!!! Savage u r!!!!
I've LOLed So long n so hard.. I think I burst ma appendix !!!

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by JhyMedex: 7:29pm On Jul 06, 2017
jpphilips:

The thing is; Niger delta needs serious protection from the Biafrans, who else can guarantee that if not the Buratai boys? I don't see any choice here, ND is for Nigeria for their own good!! should they think otherwise, Nigeria will move in to secure her oil and gas assets,
any attempt to play around it will be met with AK/RPG blazing force, for the Niger delta, it is a lose lose situation.

The way ur mind works!!..grin
Forgive me Sir..
U watch House of Cards? ..
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Ogalanyachieze: 8:07pm On Jul 06, 2017
seunmsg:

Don't get it twisted at all, the day Biafra secedes legally, all Igbos living in any part of Nigeria will be doing so illegally. Government may round up all of them and throw them into prison or dump them at the Onitsha bridge depending on how the break up occurred. Nigeria's breakup will either be violent or on very hostile terms if violence is not involved. You people will be entitled to absolutely nothing once you succeed in breaking up the country. I will advice you all start selling your belongings now and relocate the ones that can be relocated to the east before it is too late. Igbos will not be allowed to own a pin in Nigeria once Biafra secedes. You cannot eat your cake and still have it.
lest u forget we are still africans, west africans and yes a member of ecowas. That apart there are also other nigerians resident in biafra land
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by oyatz(m): 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2019
The banks are NOT stupid

The will temporarily close all those branches in Biafra on the brink of secession and adopt a wait &see attitude for like one year. If conditions are favourable, they may return to Biafria.

Igbo dominated Banks like the defunct Diamond Bank and Fidelity Bank may move temporarily to Biafra and also adopt a wait &see attitude.

Secession in third World Countries is not a tea party and often have so many unintended consequences.

GrandGarcon:
Do those banks have branches all over Biafra? if yes, then your argument is invalid.
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 01, 2019

When I say Igbos don't think things through, you would not believe me, so you have not thought about it, yet you want secession.
I am a lawyer and here is a legal dimension.
First note that all lands in Nigeria by virtue of the Land Use Act, 1978 is owned by the state, federal government and local government accordingly. Developed parts are owned by the state through the state governor, the undeveloped parts are owned by the local government, while those areas acquired by federal government are owned by the Federal government.
Individuals and even corporate organizations are mere tenants to the the real owners, the governments! hence, the issuance of cofo, consent, excision, ratifications et al.
Once a property is abandoned as it will be, when the biafrans bolt, the properties will revert to the real owners that is the state government, local government or federal government vide a legal principle called bona vacantia.
Note the legal principle of quic quid plantatur solo solo cedit, he who owes the land owes what is on it, all the developments on the lands become that of the real owner.
All the biafrans properties will become that of Lagos state government, it will be the largest real estate deal in the world since igbos own 90 percent of real estate in Lagos state and Afonjas only own 0.2 percent of real estate in the e
lawyer charge and bail that think things through what is what is property to sweet air of freedom for you and your generation unborn ?
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by slydog(m): 4:58pm On Oct 31, 2019
slydog:

The international lenders will also not be quick to lend to a new countryr

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Sule Lamido Delivers Own Polling Unit To Atiku, PDP / Dino Melaye: Some Spend Money On Cocaine, Homosexuals But I Prefer Cars / Pictures Of Dead Bokoharam Fighters From Damasak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.