Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,667 members, 7,801,925 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? (41040 Views)

Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria / Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria / Dino Melaye Flaunts His Car In Russia, Says My Passion Is My Personal Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by VellyG(m): 11:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
blueseacats:
It shouldn't be that way, but you know we are black people and unfortunately don't obey the laws of decent humans. So I will say yes you will lose those properties. Those Yorubas begging ibos to leave are the less fortunate ones who hope they will become property owners after ibos leave. Meanwhile those ibos screaming Biafra everywhere are mostly lazy ones who are less fortunate and has nothing to their name in ibo land let alone outside Igbo land. They blame all their problems the state of Nigeria not realizing that a lazy man is always a lazy man.
Someone who has never been to the east will still come here and condemn those agitating for Biafra as being lazy people . Bros take a trip to main market Onitsha , ariaria market Aba, alaba international market and see the category of big boys championing for this course. Dont talk about what you don't know.
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by dataking: 11:22pm On Jul 03, 2017
Dumaknesset:
When I say Igbos don't think things through, you would not believe me, so you have not thought about it, yet you want secession.

I am a lawyer and here is a legal dimension.

First note that all lands in Nigeria by virtue of the Land Use Act, 1978 is owned by the state, federal government and local government accordingly. Developed parts are owned by the state through the state governor, the undeveloped parts are owned by the local government, while those areas acquired by federal government are owned by the Federal government.

Individuals and even corporate organizations are mere tenants to the the real owners, the governments! hence, the issuance of cofo, consent, excision, ratifications et al.

Once a property is abandoned as it will be, when the biafrans bolt, the properties will revert to the real owners that is the state government, local government or federal government vide a legal principle called bona vacantia.

Note the legal principle of quic quid plantatur solo solo cedit, he who owes the land owes what is on it, all the developments on the lands become that of the real owner.

All the biafrans properties will become that of Lagos state government, it will be the largest real estate deal in the world since igbos own 90 percent of real estate in Lagos state and Afonjas only own 0.2 percent of real estate in the east.

You were making sense initially but then your dumbness later manifested. Igbos own 90% real estate?? How did you graduate law school. Well i can pardon your blunder since lawyers arent good in maths and statistics. Nonsense
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by mfm04622: 11:23pm On Jul 03, 2017
emmadejust:
Hello nairalanders.

There is an arguement between my guy on, if a particular part in a country should decide or agree to succeed out from their original country.
That all individual property owned by people of other separatist will be lost to citizens of the other state/country.

My question is, does succession make legal property owned by individual lost because he/she is no more part of the other separatist country ?

Your detail analysis please

@ lalasticala

All it takes for anybody to lose his property is for the state government to revoke the C of O "in the interest of public goods". Or acquire it if the property do not have C of O. Simple

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
dataking:

You were making sense initially but then your dumbness later manifested. Igbos own 90% real estate?? How did you graduate law school. Well i can pardon your blunder since lawyers arent good in maths and statistics. Nonsense

Sarcasm is not the turf of mathematicians and statisticians. I pardon you also.

8 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by doskie(m): 11:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
jpphilips:

C OF O is a tenancy agreement between the bearer and the Nigerian Government. If you denounce Nigeria, no previous legal agreement you have with Nigeria is binding, so the moment you accepted to Join Biafra, you have officially annulled your C of O.
The land use act of Nigeria placed land ownership solely in the hands of the State government, every Nigerian landowner is a tenant of the Government, the law only recognizes a form of compensation should the government have need for your land.
The law equally recognize that you can inherit lands and it is transferable as well, so definitely igbos with properties in the south east are so keeping theirs because Biafra is suppose to dissolve the existing state governments of its territories.

You will ask; what about foreigners who own landed properties in Nigeria? Most of them do so through Nigerian proxies except when such a person has been granted citizenship, though not illegal for foreigners to own properties here directly, in a breakaway situation, both sides are no longer friends as such they may change their laws to suit purpose, one of it is making land ownership or tenancy a citizen right, at that point, most Biafrans will kiss their properties goodbye!!

It is extremely f00lish to think Biafra is coming because a lvnatic said it over the radio, that is the only truth in the OP's question.
you wrote that immediately the status of a person changes from a nigerian, he has automatically annulled the agreement with the state.

let me ask..

if mr Obi is from the east, and through a referendum, igbos secede, even though mr obi has not officially declared himself a biafra through any legal document, does the law automatically recognise obi as a biafran or he remains a nigerian until he personally decides to change nationality. is it a personal or general thing?
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Benekruku(m): 11:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
mfm04622:

All it takes for anybody to lose his property is for the state government to revoke the C of O "in the interest of public goods". Or acquire it if the property do not have C of O. Simple

Lobatan!

Case closed!

Nigeria will be applying both to Biafran

I can just wait for there exit....

I already have 8 houses I plan taking over.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by millionaireman: 11:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
Dumaknesset:
When I say Igbos don't think things through, you would not believe me, so you have not thought about it, yet you want secession.

First note that all lands in Nigeria by virtue of the Land Use Act, 1978 is owned by the state, federal government and local government accordingly. Developed parts are owned by the state through the state governor, the undeveloped parts are owned by the local government, while those areas acquired by federal government are owned by the Federal government.

Individuals and even corporate organizations are mere tenants to the the real owners, the governments! hence, the issuance of cofo, consent, excision, ratifications et al.

Once a property is abandoned as it will be, when the biafrans bolt, the properties will revert to the real owners that is the state government, local government or federal government vide a legal principle called bona vacantia.

Note the legal principle of quic quid plantatur solo solo cedit, he who owes the land owes what is on it, all the developments on the lands become that of the real owner.

All the biafrans properties will become that of Lagos state government, it will be the largest real estate deal in the world since igbos own 90 percent of real estate in Lagos state and Afonjas only own 0.2 percent of real estate in the east.

The backbone of your legal position was borne out of fear of the booty you shall lose from the Nigerdelta area if Biafra and Nigerdelta Republic go from Nigeria.
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by dataking: 11:28pm On Jul 03, 2017
Dumaknesset:

Sarcasm is not the turf of mathematicians and statisticians. I pardon you also.
Dont be sarcastic around fools. You dont want to have them beating their chests unnecessarily. They like to daydream on alternate facts. Trump people.

4 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by VellyG(m): 11:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
Dumaknesset:

I still dont understand why we have to think this way. The truth is biafrans will still remain where they if Biafra eventually becomes a reality. Pls dont have the mindset that there will be mass exodus of people to the east. Its lame to reason such.
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Aragon: 11:31pm On Jul 03, 2017
jpphilips:

Has it occurred to you that Nigeria can change their land use act anytime? You have to plan with the worse case scenario not assuming your adversary will show mercy at some point, if Nigeria makes property ownership a "citizen right" what are you supposed to do about that?
Taiwan did it to China, in fact, they just increased the Chinese quota of land ownership recently because china has installed a stooge in Taiwan, the problem most of you pro Biafrans have is that you subscribe to cable TV and end up watching just African Magic, you subscribe to the internet and end up watching p0rn with it.
if you have a clue the end of that biafran road, you will never dream of it. By the way, just because igbos left their properties for three years,
Niger delta seized all of them, what have you done about that? Abandoned property is an abandoned destiny, continue abandoning your destiny everywhere!!

Even Europeans that are supposed to be Civilized, we dey plan to show UK pepper because of BREXIT how much more wetin Naija go take Biafrans eyes see. The saddest part of this is most of these Youths actually believe that Biafra is Utopia. They believe deep in their mind that Biafra will be second heaven. And my question has always been, will the Politicians suddenly Change from being Corrupt, Greedy and Wicked because they Change the name of where they operate? Are the Igbos suddenly going to Love, Trust and treat each other's right cos they Change their name? Why are people so Lazy to think?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by SaviTar(m): 11:32pm On Jul 03, 2017
DoTheNeedful:

Some of you are just ignorant. Igbos are mainly traders and they have the current Nigerian space as their Market because they are citizens. If Biafra become materialized their market space will shrink by at least 70%.
I don't know how they will make their wealth back in 5 years. You will sell mainly among yourself which is like selling an ice-block to a Canadian. Your so-called wealth is made from profit you make from trading with over 170 million Nigerians.
Mind you almost all developing countries don't tolerate foreigners opening small and medium scale businesses in their countries. This area of business is what is employing millions of Igbos.
Kindly recall the trade rift Nigeria had with Ghana, Zambia and some African countries. It bordered on the small and medium scale businesses our Igbo brothers wanted to start in those countries. They refused and insisted that any foreigner must have a business that is worth at least 500,000 dollars and must employ like 10 indigenes or so.
When you call other people parasites, know that we all benefit from ourselves. The Nigerian population has benefited the Igbos more.

http://independent.ng/2014/09/association-says-ghana-will-regret-sacking-nigerian-traders-markets/

bla bla bla....i'm very sure people said the same thing about Singapore when they secceeded from Malaysia..and Czech after breaking from Slovakia,and also all the states that broke away from USSR....go and study them.
Most of these countries had to leave their properties behind but today they are smiling because they were able to turn nothing into something.
Are we not Igbos...the people that were given 20 pounds after civil war....we now own estates and properties everywhere in Nigeria.
Give an igbo man a bush filled with nothing but grass....he will cut the grass and sell it to cattle rearers and livestock keepers...by the time you come back...the igboman already has a house and he is building another one.
Igbos are the best survivors.
We know how to turn something out of nothing.
During the war USA,UK,USSR and major world powers sided with Nigeria.....Biafra mined crude oil and built their own weapons....they held Nigeria to war and it lasted 3 years even tho Nigeria had so much support from world powers.
Igbos have potential....it's in our blood but Nigeria is holding us back.
During the war Biafra was called Japan of Africa because of our technogical advancements.
Never doubt the capalities of an Igbo.....throw him out on the street with nothing and later you'll find him driving a car.

6 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 03, 2017
millionaireman:

The backbone of your legal position was borne out of fear of the booty you shall lose from the Nigerdelta area if Biafra and Nigerdelta Republic go from Nigeria.

Remember Bakkassi, we can get your oil if we want to, but we have more than enough, the 22 nautical miles to the high sea isn't that far, but it is cross countries for you guys, and the abundance of off- shore crude is enough, we have the brains and wherewithal to put you and your oil in disarray.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 03, 2017
VellyG:

I still dont understand why we have to think this way. The truth is biafrans will still remain where they if Biafra eventually becomes a reality. Pls dont have the mindset that there will be mass exodus of people to the east. Its lame to reason such.

The exodus will be massive don't fool yourself.

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 03, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by obailala(m): 11:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
Like I always say, the loudest voices shouting Biafra Biafra are primarily the poor massed who own nothing and who are tired of the economic stagnation they've faced in their personal lives. These set of people in search of hope will hang on to anything that remotely resembles hope, irrespective of the deadly consequences. This is the only ratuonal explanation for the widespread thoughtlessness.

Finally, most of them do not give a damn about the destabilization and trillions they are about to cost millions of better faring Igbos, especially those living outside the SE.

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Aragon: 11:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
doskie:

you wrote that immediately the status of a person changes from a nigerian, he has automatically annulled the agreement with the state.

let me ask..

if mr Obi is from the east, and through a referendum, igbos secede, even though mr obi has not officially declared himself a biafra through any legal document, does the law automatically recognise obi as a biafran or he remains a nigerian until he personally decides to change nationality. is it a personal or general thing?

To be a Biafran you have to move to their Country and have their passport but as long as you are in Nigeria and has Nigerian passport regardless of whether you are Igbo you remain a Nigerian.. Biafra is just an illusion now it died with Ojukwu. Nigeria has over 250 Tribes and non want to be under anybody. So how many Countries will Nigeria break into? If you allow one break away then how on earth can you stop the other 240 tribes from breaking away?

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by doskie(m): 11:41pm On Jul 03, 2017
DoTheNeedful:

Some of you are just ignorant. Igbos are mainly traders and they have the current Nigerian space as their Market because they are citizens. If Biafra become materialized their market space will shrink by at least 70%.
I don't know how they will make their wealth back in 5 years. You will sell mainly among yourself which is like selling an ice-block to a Canadian. Your so-called wealth is made from profit you make from trading with over 170 million Nigerians.
Mind you almost all developing countries don't tolerate foreigners opening small and medium scale businesses in their countries. This area of business is what is employing millions of Igbos.
Kindly recall the trade rift Nigeria had with Ghana, Zambia and some African countries. It bordered on the small and medium scale businesses our Igbo brothers wanted to start in those countries. They refused and insisted that any foreigner must have a business that is worth at least 500,000 dollars and must employ like 10 indigenes or so.
When you call other people parasites, know that we all benefit from ourselves. The Nigerian population has benefited the Igbos more.

http://independent.ng/2014/09/association-says-ghana-will-regret-sacking-nigerian-traders-markets/
i think basically the igbos have problems with the hausas. i doubt they will have to leave sw in the event of a secession. the yorubas for now, still have a manageable relationship with them so it will not be a matter of urgency that the igbos leave the sw.
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 03, 2017
emmadejust:
Hello nairalanders.

There is an arguement between my guy on, if a particular part in a country should decide or agree to succeed out from their original country.
That all individual property owned by people of other separatist will be lost to citizens of the other state/country.

My question is, does succession make legal property owned by individual lost because he/she is no more part of the other separatist country ?

Your detail analysis please

@ lalasticala

It happened after those days after colonial powers left. The colonial powers had the mandate and powers of administering how their their slave colonies were run (ignore my used of words, it is the butter I use to lubricate my facts and stats.). As at that time of the last war there was absence of the colonial masters and the blackman had no adequate knowledge of how to rule themselves. That created a cocktail of illiteracy and madness. Now it is a different kettle of fish. So, there is no tear on our armour plate.

Permit me to digress;
Social Media is a weapon, not even the most powerful country in the world has been able to totally control the vast dark web, messaging apps, and the not-to-mention blockchain communications tunnels that now dot the length and breath of the creepy deep. ISIS recruits fighters through this channel so Igbos will have monumental underground support as their people are everywhere in the Universe. I think we might an Igbo man at Mars. I had to bring that up. To push a way the fears of those who think there will be war, there will be none. Let us stop this fear. Let's pray for Buhari to recover first, it is only him, as commander in chief that can declare war.

OP, having stated my warning above regarding the warring morons, I will state as follows;

NO, Whether you have CofO or Not, the property you have in the North is yours till the end of this world, until you decide to sell it to whoever.

The reasons are very simple. So many foreigners own properties Nigeria, Indians, Lebanese, Chinese etc have real estate projects all over our country so, Nigeria knows if Biafrans are gain Independence, then Foreigner owned assets in Nigeria and foreigners owned assets will automatical assume foreigners own tax bracket. And that is already in the ECOWAS and UN Charter.

The days of No Man's Properties are gone.

Now is the Era of No Man's Land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by DrGoodmanFather: 11:42pm On Jul 03, 2017
blueseacats:
It shouldn't be that way, but you know we are black people and unfortunately don't obey the laws of decent humans. So I will say yes you will lose those properties. Those Yorubas begging ibos to leave are the less fortunate ones who hope they will become property owners after ibos leave. Meanwhile those ibos screaming Biafra everywhere are mostly lazy ones who are less fortunate and has nothing to their name in ibo land let alone outside Igbo land. They blame all their problems the state of Nigeria not realizing that a lazy man is always a lazy man.

We have been expecting you to leave. I being eyeing Chinedu house with Penthouse for Ajah. grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by piagetskinner(m): 11:44pm On Jul 03, 2017
GrandGarcon:
It is very easy to solve this problem, simply put it in control of reputable banks, as in something like mortgage, the banks will represent you, and collect their share, if any fool wants to take it then they should deal with the bank, if they do anything funny, remember they have branches in Biafra, so the Biafran government will fine them or simply nationalize the bank. It is very easy.

comfort theory...keep deceiving yourselves...

better wake up to reality before its too late
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by doskie(m): 11:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
Aragon:

To be a Biafran you have to move to their Country and have their passport but as long as you are in Nigeria and has Nigerian passport regardless of whether you are Igbo you remain a Nigerian.. Biafra is just an illusion now it died with Ojukwu. Nigeria has over 250 Tribes and non want to be under anybody. So how many Countries will Nigeria break into? If you allow one break away then how on earth can you stop the other 240 tribes from breaking away?
you are right. it will be very unwise of anyone to denounce nigerians citizenship and go under the powers of that man nnamdi kanu. he doesnt seem to me like a 21st century leader at all. at least the field is fair enough, not that igbos will be forced to leave because they are igbos
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by logica(m): 11:48pm On Jul 03, 2017
LOL. What happens to the properties of illegal aliens deported from Europe and America? Go figure.

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by DrGoodmanFather: 11:49pm On Jul 03, 2017
dataking:

grin grin I smiled when I saw his stupidity. It is not even 50 50. Surulere alone are dominated by Igbo TENANTS grin grin in Yoruba Property. We do not beat chest.

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 03, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by babahTee: 11:51pm On Jul 03, 2017
emmadejust:

One of my friend told me how his father friend become a very big property owner in rivers because of the Biafra war, someone who doesn't even know how money is made.
Some rivers people show some hate to Igbo like if they are once a captive to Igbo people.

actually they v once suffered socio-economic opression from d ibos

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:51pm On Jul 03, 2017
Have been expecting this kind of topic. Once you get your Biafra, all the Igbos in Nigerian territories will be flushed out. The only people that might not be sent packing are Igbo women married to Nigerians because, Nigerian constitution support a non-Nigerian woman married to a Nigerian can be granted citizenship. I forsee Nigerian govt blocking all the boarders shared with Biafrans.
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by LordAdam16: 11:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
jpphilips:

The thing is; Niger delta needs serious protection from the Biafrans, who else can guarantee that if not the Buratai boys? I don't see any choice here, ND is for Nigeria for their own good!! should they think otherwise, Nigeria will move in to secure her oil and gas assets,
any attempt to play around it will be met with AK/RPG blazing force, for the Niger delta, it is a lose lose situation.

Niger Delta does not need Nigerian protection.

And this talk about securing oil and gas assets is balderdash.

If the Nigerian government will confiscate all properties owned by the Biafrans, the Biafran government will confiscate Nigerian oil and gas assets. Tit for tat.

The only time the Nigerian government moves in is if they resist the secessionist efforts with force like in 1967. If they do not and let Biafra go without violence, then they have no claim to oil and gas assets, even those owned by the NNPC. In fact, these assets would constitute a Biafran bargaining chip for Biafran properties in Nigeria. If Nigeria enters Biafra under any guise after Biafra has been recognized by the International community, it is a contravention of International Law and Nigeria would be pressured to abandon that quest or face sanctions. The bloodier that war gets, the poorer Nigeria becomes. With no oil and pressing International sanctions, Nigeria will go into a recession, causing more agitation from other groups, which could set off a chain reaction that leads to an implosion.

Moreover, most of the oil and gas assets in Biafra are owned by foreign companies, which means all the Biafran government has to do is null the JVs and royalties paid to the Nigerian government, then enter new agreement with the companies. It happened in 1967 when Shell-BP (the largest oil exploration company in Nigeria at the time) paid the Biafran government until the British Government advised them not to in return for assurance that the Crown would help the Nigerian side win the war.

If you think Nigerian forces would stroll in Niger Delta Republic to seize oil assets, then you must be drunk. We'll not only repel Nigerian forces, we'll make the Lagos ports inoperable and give you guys the same treatment you guys gave the Biafrans in 1967. A bloody blockade. And before you laugh that off, ask yourself which territorial waters are the third most pirate-infested in the world after Indonesia and Somalia, then ask yourself who these pirates are?

The Nigerian Navy cannot patrol the entire coastline of the South South, but our pirates can make any ocean going vessel think twice about going to the Lagos ports.

Be careful what you wish for. Except you think the oil wells in Lagos and Ondo would fund a war with the 6th/7th largest oil producing region in the world. And by the way read about the 2015 U.S. Nigerian-Breakup War Game and find out which region had the U.S. military support.

All this chest-beating on NL is childish. Restructuring or breakup. If it does get to breakup, violence or not, Niger Delta Republic will not cede a km of South-South land to any alien. Niger Delta has never lost any armed conflict against the Nigerian government, it wouldn't start when we get our own country.

The Biafrans would not make the mistake of encroaching into SS land like they did in '67. It is suicidal and there's practically no reason for them to do so.

In the beginning, this thread was informative but it has since gone off the rails with folks like you engaging in fear-mongering.

-Lord

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Aragon: 11:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
bakynes:

Some banks like Fidelity, Diamond owned by Igbos by the declaration of Biafra will no more be Nigerian banks but the money in their hands will be useless they will only have the option to sell the Banks to Nigerians in dollars.

But how many of these Igbo Billionaires have you seen clamouring for Biafra? Apart from the Average Youths. It's these same Billionaires that will work their behind off to make sure Biafra doesn't see the light of day. By the way how many people do you personally know that are willing to loose their money or property cos of Biafra? When that time comes everyone will abandon ship. Definitely not todays bunch of Lazy Youths that are always looking for fast money. The mindset of Ojukwu and his guys, we don't have today. Even Nnamdi Kanu took Bail and left some of his peeps in Jail. So don't you ever Confuse Nnamdi Kanu for Ojukwu
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by humilitypays(m): 11:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
All these people typing nonsense.....okay let's assume Igbos will lose all their landed properties and developments in Northern and Southwest Nigeria after the peaceful breakup of Nigeria, and Abokis inherits Igbo people's houses in Kano, Kaduna, Yola, Maiduguri, Gombe, Zaria, Jos, etc and Yoruba people inherits Igbo people's houses and lands in Lagos, Ibadan, Ogun, Ekiti, Ado-Ekiti, Ilorin, etc.

Now, did you guys ever think of the big economy fall that will befall Lagos and other southwest and northern states when Igbos go

Lagos boast of the state in Nigeria with the highest IGR (Internally Generated Revenue) and you know why Because of some big commercial zones (markets like Ladipo Spare Parts market which is 99% Igbo dominated market, generate billions of naira for Lagos state annually, ASPAMDA Trade Fair, Alaba International Market, Computer Village Ikeja, Auto Parts, etc, etc which are all Igbo dominated markets, generate billions of naira for Lagos state annually), so think of Lagos without these big commerce centers that attract buyers from Kenya, Gabon, Cameroon, Ghana, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Chad, Niger, Benin Republic, Togo, etc It means Lagos will loose close to 50% of her IGR when Igbos leave Nigeria.

Now when it comes to real estate, Igbos are the stakeholders of real estates in Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Abuja, etc....now when Igbos go, who will rent the house you inherited when population will drop drastically in Lagos, Kano, etc as a result of very poor commercial activities like buying and selling

Yes Yorubas may ingerit Igbo properties, but those properties will be worthless because there won't be enough people with money to rent them....so the houses will get old without profit and eventually collapse or become envrionmental liability for Yorubas.

If you build a mansion and no population or people to rent it, what is the use

The exit of Igbos will collapse Lagos state. Lagos state will suffer the highest.

Mass unemployment will be the order of the day in Lagos...Agbero noys will take over Lagos due to unemployment. Lagos will be deserted due to poor commercial activity resulting from Igbo people buying and selling thats attracting other African countries to Lagos.

Definitely, when Nigeria breaks up, every region will suffer it.......it will take many regions decades if not centuries to bounce back....but take it or leave it, the region that will first bounce back is Biafra due to Igbo people's tough nature and ability to overcome and withstand marginalization and stigmatization.

No other region or tribe in Nigeria can survive the pogrom and followed by 3 year civil war like the Igbos that lost all after that war.....

The major challenge Biafra will have is in terms of leadership....but with the high-spirited young Igbo intellects agitating for Igbo's freedom, believe me, leadership won't be a much problem for Biafra after seccession from Nigeria.

NOTE: NNAMDU KANU is never going to be the one to lead Biafra after seccession....he is not fit enough to lead Igbos.....but that will be settled after the peaceful secession.

Igbos do wish that every tribe and region in Nigeria succeed and progress faster after the breakup.....Igbos only want secession so peace can reign, so the security of life and properties of Igbos can be guaranteed and secured by Igbo people.

Igbos don't hate any tribe.....we want secession because the people we call countrymen don't love us....they backstab us......gather together to persecute us and even vow that an Igbo man will never rule Nigeria or hold key positions of security in Nigeria. So to allow peace reign, we want out in peace not by war!

We will still come to live in Southwest and north as foreigners if you guys issue us visa when we apply, we are brothers still....just for peace and security, we want out.

2 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by JikanBaura(m): 11:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
grin well, we can't tell for now. But one thing I know, is that if Nigeria ever split (surely it will) as a landlord. The Igbo girl that is a renting my Shop for her women swear boutique will surely loss everything to me. I already think of gifting the shop and the expensive London wears in it to my Yoruba girl Friend (Nafeesart) I really love her.

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
`
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by babahTee: 12:00am On Jul 04, 2017
DrGoodmanFather:

grin grin I smiled when I saw his stupidity. It is not even 50 50. Surulere alone are dominated by Igbo TENANTS grin grin in Yoruba Property. We do not beat chest.

actually i was about pointing dat line out. they r jst so gud in manipulating figures nd exaggrating their importance 90%??

no o dey even owned d goverment house nd ambode is their tenant

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

PDP Takes Over Adoke Amasiemeka Stadium Rivers State (pictures) / Igbo Women Pushing Bus That Stuck In The Mud On Their Way To Okorocha Rally / 36 Ministerial Nominees With Ita Enang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.