Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

What Is Biafra Exactly? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Biafra Exactly? (2435 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu, Ankio Briggs And Asari Dokubo Agreed That Ijaw Is Biafra / I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? / This Month Is Biafra Month- Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: What Is Biafra Exactly? by ednited(f): 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2017
oladeebo:

op
for your notice;
this is exactly Biafra:

Portuguese biafra Founded by Portuguese slave traders around 1500AD-1800AD to facilitate the business of slave trade in the Niger coast, Portuguese merchants contact igbo in the mid 1500AD in the jungle of Cameroon/Gabon/Equatorial Guinea!
At the time of slave trade boom igbo served the Portuguese with the people of Benin kidnapped in the forest and sold them to Portuguese!
Igbo cross into Benin kingdom area ambushed their victims kidnapped them and take them to the Portuguese biafra and sold them their!
When Slave trade abolished in 1807! No more business as usual in Portuguese biafra, the biafra Portuguese dead and igbo with out other business begin to move to where they've been ambushed people for slave trade and settled there, scatter in the forest as there is no center government for them, that's where the British mobilized them and included them into the Nigeria Southern protectorate in 1900!
till today igbo still what they were since then, and that's why they find it hard to accept being in a setting government like that of Nigeria!
And all the character of kidnapping is still there playing by igbo even today.
When British enter interior of Nigeria territory they ruled Norther and Southern protectorate, in 1900 they included igbo into the southern protectorates before merge the Northern and Southern protectorates together in 1914!
In which igbo were British subjects till today!
Here is the origin of igbo!

Thank you so much for all the details!
So you are telling me the Government is also the problem. I am tired of this I swear! Eritreans and Ethiopians didn't want to fight! The govts fighted then here we are. Shouldn't the people choose? A country belongs to all. Not just for the govt. People must decide for such very important things. This is sad really . . .
Re: What Is Biafra Exactly? by ednited(f): 2:21pm On Jun 20, 2017
nijabazaar:

Is there an Ugly person in Ethiopia ....its a stupid question. but just answer it.

Ugly is rude. But there is unattractive. Many. . .. . .

I mean, as any other nation. We aren't much different lol
Re: What Is Biafra Exactly? by oladeebo: 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2017
ednited:

Thank you so much for all the details!
So you are telling me the Government is also the problem. I am tired of this I swear! Eritreans and Ethiopians didn't want to fight! The govts fighted then here we are. Shouldn't the people choose? A country belongs to all. Not just for the govt. People must decide for such very important things. This is sad really . . .
but government is meant to protect its integrity against internal and external threats!
and that's what Nigeria government is doing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PMB Arrives Aso Rock, Greets Officials, Jokes Before Heading In (pics&video) / Yoruba Should Stop The Blackmail Against The Igbos. / Why Fayemi's Victory Is Not Good For The Yorubas, Nigerians And Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.