Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

My Experience With A Corporate Begger - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience With A Corporate Begger (25068 Views)

My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / "My Experience As A Taxify Driver In Abuja" / Learn From My Experience On Fiverr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by IFNOTGOD(m): 3:01pm On Jun 08, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
I guess the reason why women don't do it is because of sexual propositions...

The two times it happened to me in a cab, i removed a very thick wallet to pay my fare...

Next thing, a very well-dressed polished man brought out a hospital bill claiming his wife was at the point of death.

Told him it was money for school fees and paid his fare. He was very happy with that. (i knew it was a con)

SHAMELESS PEOPLE. embarassed

PS- yes... they dictate what they want at times. There's a boy beggar at Oshogbo who demands for 1000 naira and he would tell you what he would use for undecided...poor boy, i think he is a psychiatric case

women do dat, I have experienced it in Ketu market she asked for transport saying she spent all her money on fudstuff I gave her 200 which is d fare for both to ikorodu, I turned around to check for oda things, I met her again wit her not recognizing me asking for t fare dat was wen I stopped giving dem money, some use babies to beg n d women can harrass u more Dan d guys cos of their pleadin, d problem is now u can't know who is genuine or who is not if ever I want to help I simply put u on d bus n pay d chat conductor if u say give me I no get

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by miraclea: 3:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
3 women with a child in mile 2 claiming going to aba from porharcourt I have to calculate how much will take them there added small tin on top surprisingly after 3 week so I saw these women again in eleme junction with the same story and when i try to remember them f I a m they disappeared o boy fear beggars
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by cooljude(m): 3:08pm On Jun 08, 2017
Don't be quick to judge, I could remember when I was robbed in Owerri along Douglas road and I thank God the ATM machine didn't pay me that day. I had zero Naira to return back to FUTO. Honestly, I couldn't beg my fellow students o. I begged adults and some drivers and non gave me a kobo, it was a woman selling Orange that gave me 100 Naira for my transport.

If I have money on me I would give but if I know that you are trying to con me or I am not in the mood, I won't give but I wouldn't laugh or mock such a person.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by shevy878: 3:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
What do you have to say! Lol, 9ja must Survive.
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
Allylic:
Hmmm. ..don't be quick to judge..I remember d day I Went for an occasion with all my paparazzi. .A friend took me to d place Bt on my way back,I found out dat I didn't carry my bag from his car and I left my purse in the bag.had to beg for tfare. Imagine from suleja to gwarinpa...dat day ws not funny ..I couldn't cry sef

Corporate begger spotted

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by photoshoot(m): 3:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
Lol just yesterday, one threatened me with knife on campus, because he asked and I didn't give. He AHS mental issues though..
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by DBlackCeazer(m): 3:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
Lemme have a dollar...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
In Abuja they use Cars. They are all over the CBD, Wuse 2 and Maitama especially around Yedsarem street.
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by 3RNEST(m): 3:38pm On Jun 08, 2017
cooljude:
Don't be quick to judge, I could remember when I was robbed in Owerri along Douglas road and I thank God the ATM machine didn't pay me that day. I had zero Naira to return back to FUTO. Honestly, I couldn't beg my fellow students o. I begged adults and some drivers and non gave me a kobo, it was a woman selling Orange that gave me 100 Naira for my transport.

If I have money on me I would give but if I know that you are trying to con me or I am not in the mood, I won't give but I wouldn't laugh or mock such a person.
Good point but next time don't beg use this method to find your way home...

Your present location take a cab When you get there stop a bike man ask him to give u money to pay the cab man..now enter the bike to your final destination when u get there call your friends or family member to give you cash to pay the bike man... Simple logic u are out instead of begging for TP....

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by daneni1(m): 3:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
unipol:

You are right bro, but now it is difficult to know the genuine one. I was also stranded in 2001 at a jamb centre. I discovered on arrival that the centre was changed . I have to use my returning fare to get to the newly announced centre. I begged but only the conductors or is it agbero(bus loader) that gave me 100 Naira. The driver allowed me sit in attach and I was like so God can use even conductors to save me.

True talk bro. There was one time, sometime last month. I was gisting with a friend of mine a stone throw away from my house, wen a lady walked up to me to seek my assistance in buying food for herself and her daughter. I lied that I had no cash with me though I felt bad until an elderly man gave her some cash.

Lo and Behold, on Monday evening, the same women walked up to me again and I was like is it every time? I just boldly tell her I have nothing.
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Nihilist: 3:49pm On Jun 08, 2017
daewoorazer:

So I am just an average guy who loves taking time to relax and chill out on weekends. I was at a place chilling and guess who showed up? Some beard gang dude in a suit Tuxedo, I was about to complement the dude (no homo) until dude approached and requested for a personal chat. Then it dawned on me he is in to ask for a token.

That's not a prob tho even when buhari don throw us recession. The guy said he is going to a neighbouring town and he is stranded blablabla. I immediately checked my pocket, saw a #100, gave it to him. Then guy reluctantly collected it then checked if it ain't plastered grin

Then he said, 'bro, thought I told u I was going to a neighbouring town'.....before,he finished, I said 'ohhhhhh, my bad'

I collected d money like I was gonn replace it, pocketed it then vamoooooooooooooooosed outta his presence.

In my mind I was like 'dude, I ain't even got ur typa tuxedo, so bleep d hell out'...

Funny thing is: 2 weekends after, I saw nigga in another tuxedo begging across the street I stood....i weak my pple.

Have u had such experience? Share urz

#zanga

LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Wizkhalifa2(m): 3:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
U find them mostly in universities too. They particularly target freshers, and bring pictures attached with a sad story.. Then u see gullible 100lvl students contributing for them undecided

I remember when I was in 100lvl, one came nd said she needed m oney for operation, that she has a bone problem sha, ND wanted to replace d iron day kept in her hand shocked
I was like WTH, u be wolverine? the class was contributing o, I said we shud put a Magnet on her hand to check out her story grin
If u see d way she looked at me ehn, I just locked up.

Madam wolverine came back agn wen we wer in 200lvl. grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by juman(m): 3:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
Hmmmm
Buhari has destroyed nigeria.
This government is so bad.
The government that does not fear God.

Hunger is real in nigeria.
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2017
phlamesG:
Op This your story funny o grin

I've also had similar encounters with this shameless set of people mostly in BRT bus parks. You'll see a well dressed individual begging you for money to complete transport.

How can someone leave his/her house without complete transport fare. sad
D thing tire me gon na b4 I dey give but now lai lai
my bro it happens oooo bt people now mis use it
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Namzy(m): 3:57pm On Jun 08, 2017
juman:
Hmmmm
Buhari has destroyed nigeria.
This government is so bad.
The government that does not fear God.

Hunger is real in nigeria.
Contribute something meaningful or log off
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by juman(m): 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2017
Namzy:

Contribute something meaningful or log off

Mister apc man.
We are hungry in nigeria.
Tell your bosses.

grin grin

They would surely accountable to God for running the country badly.
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by tosyne2much(m): 4:12pm On Jun 08, 2017
OP, your own story na small thing ooo

I remember when an acclaimed "blind" beggar was accompanied by a man into our class to beg for money (they were both on mission). He was on black shades and a medium sized stick to aid his movement.

According to his story, he said he was a lecturer at the Federal Polytechnic, Ede, and that he lost his sight in the course of lecturing, and that circumstances led him into begging. Isn't that a good story?

His story attracted pity and compassion and people began to donate money for him and the money was collated and handed to him. They left our class and went to other departments and faculty (I'm sure they toured round the whole school and made a huge amount of money"wink

After lecture hour, I boarded a bus to town and to my deepest surprise, I saw this man seating right in front of me in the bus and he wasn't even blind. He was even part of those that were bashing the govt for lack of electricity and good roads. He talked about how a five litre of petrol can no longer last him for a night due to bad refining shocked So, it means this has was hale and healthy and came to unleash lies to scam us

Na so I weak oooo my people. Ever since then, I no dey give one Naira to these people

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by ThatIgboBoy: 4:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
My case should be the weirdest of all

Sometime in 2011,i applied with Diageo and was sent an online test invite. I live at alaba intl in lagos. I needed a sure cybercafe that wont break down so i took a bike straight to festac. I was impressed with the bike man and i booked him to take me back in two hours. By then i should have been done. I finished and stood outside the cafe and called the bike man. He told me he was coming and he wasnt far away. I stood waiting. What happened next is what u might find hard to believe. A camry pulled close and the driver sounded the horn. She was a lady. I was like this one want sugar boi or wetin. I went to meet her thinking maybe she needed directions. She told me she needed #500 to buy fuel. That her fuel was low. Kai. I didnt give her sha cuz i was broke as hell then mehn. I was jobless and just outta NYSc. She drove off.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Timbuktuo: 4:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
daewoorazer: Then guy reluctantly collected it then checked if it ain't plastered
Then he said, 'bro, thought I told u I was going to a neighbouring town'.....before,he finished, I said 'ohhhhhh, my bad'
I collected d money like I was gonn replace it, pocketed it then vamoooooooooooooooosed outta his presence.
In my mind I was like 'dude, I ain't even got ur typa tuxedo, so bleep d hell out'...

Dazall.
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 08, 2017
They are on nairaland viewing this thread

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
U're nt serious, rubbishhh angry
U still gave him 200 naira the second time
Nawa for u o angry angry
koropotopoto:

lol i always have a personal experience with such people.

popular among them is a dude that will just buy a blank CD and approach you with when you're with a bae in fast food and tell you that he just lunch an album that you should support with any amount.

hmmm i did that the first time with #500 then to my surprise i saw the same guy in another fast food months after where I was with my babe he also approached me with the same line of deceit
he didn't know that i recognised him i pretended and gave him #200 this time.

ok the one that annoyed me was i saw the same guy again in 5 star restaurant approached me with the same line then out of anger i told him that i will give him a dirty slap if he comes near me next time.
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Nickymezor(f): 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2017
I hv met a handful of them most tyms wen I hit d road... I ignore dem afterwards since I don sabi deir tactic.
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Allylic(f): 5:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
BlackAfrican:

Corporate begger spotted
...forget dat my brother
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Engineermbugame(m): 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2017
madgoat:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
mr man only 200?i thinks u said 2,000
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Engineermbugame(m): 5:10pm On Jun 08, 2017
madgoat:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
mr man only 200?i thinks u mean 2,000
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by cold(m): 5:27pm On Jun 08, 2017
blank:
How about the online corporate beggars? They always just ned N20,000 to complete the school fees or N5,000 to transport themselves for their father's funeral.
Aswerigad this is the part i don't get. 'Please sir can you help me with N20,000 to complete my tuition fees'? If you were truly a student, you'd know that tuition is fees already and no need for the tautology. Although i have to admit things are so bad right now, some really do have a genuine case. But how can you sieve the genuine from the con?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Giddyperson: 5:31pm On Jun 08, 2017
DBlackCeazer:
Lemme have a dollar...
cheesy
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Azam101: 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
Just give if you are willingly or just move on period!
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by eagleonearth(m): 7:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
akpamuomenka:

They are coded and calculative. The farther the destination the higher the amount they expect from you, is their game. lol. I encountered one last week in Lagos, he said he's going back to Kwara State but stranded. Before you know it, one old woman just warned him to move or she will shout Ole on his head.

"No be you they give #5k now, now, for that ATM"?. He became weak and moved away.

His dressing, accent and fake humility in greetings are well coded.

NAIJA GOT TALENT sha.
you have got it summarized bro. Talented beggars making in an hour what a hardworking man don't make in an week.
TUALE naija.
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by eagleonearth(m): 7:11pm On Jun 08, 2017
koropotopoto:

lol i always have a personal experience with such people.

popular among them is a dude that will just buy a blank CD and approach you with when you're with a bae in fast food and tell you that he just lunch an album that you should support with any amount.

hmmm i did that the first time with #500 then to my surprise i saw the same guy in another fast food months after where I was with my babe he also approached me with the same line of deceit
he didn't know that i recognised him i pretended and gave him #200 this time.

ok the one that annoyed me was i saw the same guy again in 5 star restaurant approached me with the same line then out of anger i told him that i will give him a dirty slap if he comes near me next time.
kikikiki grin grin you even try part with #700
omo buh true true, na bae make you troway that money, na lie? wink

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by eagleonearth(m): 7:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
unipol:
These cooperate beggers will soon kill the good spirit of helping. I was in Innsbruck main train station, saw a Nigerian woman in her middle age, she was holding a ticket and she approached me. I paid attention to her stories, she was actually travelling to armstadam she said, needed 30 euro to complete her money to buy her train ticket. I offered to help her find other alternative which is to travel by bus or car(mithfahrer) which is far cheaper. She did not want to listen to my suggestions instead it is either I give her money or I go. I said in my mind, this woman is a criminal. So I left. Next week I saw same woman saying same story to me and I told her to shame her.
lol, are they over dia too? shocked mehn this people don scatter Lasgidi oo
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by eagleonearth(m): 7:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
blank:
How about the online corporate beggars? They always just need N20,000 to complete their school fees or N5,000 to transport themselves for their father's funeral.
grin grin cheesy@d boldened

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Returns N30,000 Wrongly Dispensed To Him By Diamond Bank ATM / Youths Seal Oil Company In Rivers With Juju Over Negligence(pics) / Seplat ‘Majestic’ Oil Rig Collapses In Delta, One Dies, 3 Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.