Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep (60359 Views)

World Sleep Day 2018: When Last Did You Sleep For 7 To 8 Hours At Night? / 8 Things That Happen To Your Body During Sex / Five Things That Make Women’s Breasts Sag Quickly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by moses93(m): 6:18am On Jun 09, 2017
how on earth do you know all these things Mr liar prophet?
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 09, 2017
sorority11:
hmmm the study of slee is wetin? but meanwhile hunger is in the state of the mind, your stomach don't actually hurt physiologically, but it is your brain telling you a lie that your stomach is in pains. that is why after being famished for a long time and you just take one bite of your meal, the hunger stops lolz funny isnt it?
lol, guy one bite and hunger stop? my brother if I no full my belle to brim... my hunger goes no where... if I try bite only one and stop ehn... I go see like hundreds of Anthony Joshua using my stomach as Gym o....
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by cerowo(f): 6:23am On Jun 09, 2017
Mabpaine:
how can U wen U still awake by ds tym smiley
Lol
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 09, 2017
sseunhayor:
if yu r paralyzed durin sleep... y do guys cum during dere wild / wet / s#x dreams
cause our diick is control by spirit konjigringrin you think Sey when mama Peace talk sey *ojukwu is dead but his manhood lives on, you think she was joking?... lol
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by cerowo(f): 6:32am On Jun 09, 2017
greggng:

Ve u been raped b4? Try seeing a doctor for help
What gibberish are u talking abt....go get a life if u dnt have any reasonable 2 tin say...smh
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 09, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
My only question is why we see people with blur faces in our dream but they sounds familiar yet we don't know them in real life?

I fell on my bed many times while im asleep coz my favorite spot is on the edge of the bed.. tongue
I'm not a doctor, but base on researchers I've made in the past...
they said your brain have no ability to create images itself. everything or persons you see in the dream....you have seen them in real life or in movies. you might have forgotten, but their images is still saved somewhere in your memory.

like you board a bus for a long journey, those people sitting next to you, you might know their faces and voices for that short period of your journey. but in a month and few months later you might totally forgot them. your brain will give way for new thing, and move those old stuffs to recycle bin. that's why there are some faces you see that look familiar but you can't really remember them. until you try very hard.

hope it's clear

1 Like

Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by Jckleiin(m): 6:40am On Jun 09, 2017
cerowo:
I dnt normally sleep longer dan i wld want...wld always wake up in d middle of night
its caused by so much absorption of blue light. it affects our sleep pattern. Read about blue protect
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by Lanceslot(m): 6:46am On Jun 09, 2017
Denko2721987:
i have been wanting to asking this question before but i would do it now..

* what is the relationship between sleep positions/patterns and dreams?
* I have noticed that whenever i sleep facing upwards, i do have terrible nightmares/dreams and sometimes sleep paralysis.. But whenever i sleep facing down, i hardly have any sort of dreams or the so-called sleep paralysis which has forced me to adopt the facing down sleeping pattern even though i dont really enjoy it compared to sleeping facing upwards.. Pls can anyone explain this condition or why this is so Thanks
Noticed that when I'm sleeping with while my legs are crossed I find it hard running in my dreams, but can fly when not crossed.
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by Jckleiin(m): 6:46am On Jun 09, 2017
Atlantia:

I would really like to know the answers to 3 and 4. I'm guilty of both...so I've been told.
please read about nocturnal lagophthalmus
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by BondExpert: 6:46am On Jun 09, 2017
Nice post.
Contact us for your Aluco board Aluminum Composite Panel (ACP) cladding works.
We are the best professionals when it comes to putting engineering into work to attain the best aesthetic value of your buildings.

Contact me on my signature or email at eo.halbond@gmail.com

Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by ussy09(m): 6:52am On Jun 09, 2017
The rats in my house don't sleep angry angry angry

Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by toprealman: 6:59am On Jun 09, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
My only question is why we see people with blur faces in our dream but they sounds familiar yet we don't know them in real life?

I fell on my bed many times while im asleep coz my favorite spot is on the edge of the bed.. tongue
YOU GET EYE WAHALA NI? Sent from my new Nokia 3310 cool
IamKashyBaby:

YOU GET EYE WAHALA NI? Sent from my new Nokia 3310
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by vinjustice(m): 7:00am On Jun 09, 2017
undecided undecidedSo sleep don dey get transmission (gear) ..REM1 .............REM2 ...........REM3....ITS A SORRY CASE OOOO grin grin
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by Afritop(m): 7:03am On Jun 09, 2017
I WAS MADE TO BELIEVE THAT
1. IF YOU FALL INTO THOSE STAGES YOU ARE CARELESS.

2. YOU MUST BE AN ACTION HERO IN THAT DREAM. IF YOUR DREAM IS ABOUT THAT OF FURKING AND SCREWING A GIRL, ENEMIES ARE RESPONSIBLE.

3. IF YOUR DREAM IS ABOUT EATING A DELICIOUS MEAL, YOU HAVE SPIRITUALLY EAT POISON.
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by toprealman: 7:08am On Jun 09, 2017
cerowo:

What gibberish are u talking abt....go get a life if u dnt have any reasonable 2 tin say...smh
U can still have a life and still chat shii.
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 09, 2017
sunnysunny69:
How lucky we humans are that we sleep, some animals just can't sleep.

didnt find bears on your list, the longest sleepers. they sleep for 3 months.
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 7:21am On Jun 09, 2017
i can relate to the sleep paralysis especially when some witches try 2 come near when i try moving my hands it wouldnt move
also how many of u sleep-talk ( Talk while ur sleeping especially with people you know very well ) i've notice that it happens to my sibilings alot
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by Jakasibo(m): 7:25am On Jun 09, 2017
Sometimes i wake up and I'll be feeling as if someone or Something is Pressing/Holding me down that i can't shake at all.
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by admax(m): 7:30am On Jun 09, 2017
I am sure you typed this while sleeping too.... grin
jhydebaba:
Sleep is great...sweet dreams nairalander.

The other day I dreamt that I won so much money. I was very happy only for me to wake up and realized it was a dream. I no gree stand up oh, I went back to sleep.
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 09, 2017
cerowo:
I dnt normally sleep longer dan i wld want...wld always wake up in d middle of night

does it happen regularly? maybe its insomnia or kind of wondering thoughts, being overwhelmed wit issues of life.
its not so healthy
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by sunnysunny69(m): 7:38am On Jun 09, 2017
illitrate:

didnt find bears on your list, the longest sleepers. they sleep for 3 months.
3 months a time or entire lifetime ?
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by wickyyolo: 7:40am On Jun 09, 2017
jmichlins:
I prayed against them yet they continued, I got knowledge of what causes it to happen then it stopped. So which one do I believe to be true

hmm. idk. Do you mind sharing the cause of it ?
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 09, 2017
educative topic.so op what about those who have sex with spirit husband/wife in their dreams.can that be scientifically explained?

Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by Lillpo(m): 7:58am On Jun 09, 2017
iyke926:
I don't like the Hypnagogic Jerk thing. grin It feels like getting pushed from a cliff though I used to think I was ben abducted by aliens.

Op, thanks for educating me
grin grin grin seriously! You've said it all
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by darlenese(f): 8:02am On Jun 09, 2017
why do I feel a force trying to strangle me and I can't even raise my hand and leg, and when I wake up I feel my blood has been ducked off. wit so much weakness , isn't this demonic oppression of is there a physical explanation to this?
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by sammugbes(m): 8:07am On Jun 09, 2017
seacoast:
Explain Sleep in respect of someone who took nine bottles of beer.
lol, u no well
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by brightgreat(m): 8:07am On Jun 09, 2017
From what i see here.....if you are based in Lagos you would know some animals have more sleep hours than most niggas here
#fact

sunnysunny69:
How lucky we humans are that we sleep, some animals just can't sleep.
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by jmichlins(m): 8:10am On Jun 09, 2017
wickyyolo:

hmm. idk. Do you mind sharing the cause of it ?
very simple. Your brain stopping you from acting out your dreams.
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by sunnysunny69(m): 8:13am On Jun 09, 2017
brightgreat:
From what i see here.....if you are based in Lagos you would know some animals have more sleep hours than most niggas here
#fact

Lagos na another thing, hustle nonstop.
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by jeffrey04(m): 8:14am On Jun 09, 2017
Nice piece
I learnt alot
Re: Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 09, 2017
Jeffboi:
Is that why I kick my bed wood while I was kicking a snake in my dream angry

The pain wasn't funny that night
grin grin I have had such experience too woke up with pains on my knuckles. It was my classmate I wanted to knock.lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Those With Blood Group 0+ And Genotype AA Show Yourself Here / COVID-19: Innoson Ready To Produce Ventilators & Medical Equipment / Can Beecham Ampiclox Help Combat Against Pregnancy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.