Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Check Your Cooling Systems After Acquiring That Tokunbo Vehicle - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Check Your Cooling Systems After Acquiring That Tokunbo Vehicle (719 Views)

Get Your Tokunbo Vehicle Plate Number Fast And Cheap @shopwise / ✔Know Your Vehicle History Here.... / ⚙ ~European Vehicle History& Vin Look-up/Plate For Used/Tokunbo Vehicle⚙ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Your Cooling Systems After Acquiring That Tokunbo Vehicle by Mrdigitech(m): 12:48am On Jun 09, 2017
Hello guys, I got a Toyota Camry recently and previous owner removed the thermostat because he was told it wasn't meant for Nigerian weather. The Vehicle was guzzling so much fuel like crazy. At first, I coped for the first few weeks. Latter, I started feeling the financial impact the vehicle's excessive fuel consumption had on my pocket. I decided to research online where I saw some threads about thermostat removal and its relation to fuel consumption. I decided go with the recommended guys ( not Kazeems ) on this forum. One said that he can replace the thermostat but I needed to verify from the previous owner if the Vehicle had overheating problems in the past. I did and the previous owner told me no. I didn't believe him though, but I decided to research a little more about a car's overheating problems till I came across the real auto guru's tread. I decided to contact him and he explained what needed to be done. I discovered that he uses a cooling system test kit which presurizes the cooling system to expose leaks. So he was the right choice for me. He presurized my cooling system and a exposed a hidden leak on the pipes (thank God it wasn't Radiator) I sighed. We fixed it and pressurised it with his kit and it was peefect. However, a Kazeem (Toyeeb actually) worked on my alternator earlier in the day and didn't fix the wires properly. This disconnected my instrument cluster and power windows. All the guages were dead. I was wondering how I would be able to drive home without seeing the cluster guages. How do I know the car's temperature was rising beyond the accepted level? But the real auto guru assured me that no overheating situation will happen. I took his word and entered heavy traffic. No overheating and I switched on my AC non stop and it didn't cause any problem. I drove 30km home and back to his workshop without issues. He has tools and kits for almost everything. He cleaned up his mess and I went home happy. The Kazeem I took was very ignorant and boastful that he doesn't need to scan anything. That he has lots of experiences. That good guys don't need to scan anything them will just see the vehicle abd know. I looked at him and saved my breath. Guys, take your lovely ride to a professional auto guru and stay a 1000 miles away from Kazeems, Toyeebs, alfas and Kazeem's distant relatives, they'll wreck you...

1 Like

Re: Check Your Cooling Systems After Acquiring That Tokunbo Vehicle by Ideagatesauto: 12:04am On Jun 10, 2017
Please pm me his contact details . 08039309096
Re: Check Your Cooling Systems After Acquiring That Tokunbo Vehicle by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:40am On Jun 10, 2017
haba, another post?
Re: Check Your Cooling Systems After Acquiring That Tokunbo Vehicle by oxiide22(m): 12:44am On Jun 19, 2023
Mrdigitech:
Hello guys, I got a Toyota Camry recently and previous owner removed the thermostat because he was told it wasn't meant for Nigerian weather. The Vehicle was guzzling so much fuel like crazy. At first, I coped for the first few weeks. Latter, I started feeling the financial impact the vehicle's excessive fuel consumption had on my pocket. I decided to research online where I saw some threads about thermostat removal and its relation to fuel consumption. I decided go with the recommended guys ( not Kazeems ) on this forum. One said that he can replace the thermostat but I needed to verify from the previous owner if the Vehicle had overheating problems in the past. I did and the previous owner told me no. I didn't believe him though, but I decided to research a little more about a car's overheating problems till I came across the real auto guru's tread. I decided to contact him and he explained what needed to be done. I discovered that he uses a cooling system test kit which presurizes the cooling system to expose leaks. So he was the right choice for me. He presurized my cooling system and a exposed a hidden leak on the pipes (thank God it wasn't Radiator) I sighed. We fixed it and pressurised it with his kit and it was peefect. However, a Kazeem (Toyeeb actually) worked on my alternator earlier in the day and didn't fix the wires properly. This disconnected my instrument cluster and power windows. All the guages were dead. I was wondering how I would be able to drive home without seeing the cluster guages. How do I know the car's temperature was rising beyond the accepted level? But the real auto guru assured me that no overheating situation will happen. I took his word and entered heavy traffic. No overheating and I switched on my AC non stop and it didn't cause any problem. I drove 30km home and back to his workshop without issues. He has tools and kits for almost everything. He cleaned up his mess and I went home happy. The Kazeem I took was very ignorant and boastful that he doesn't need to scan anything. That he has lots of experiences. That good guys don't need to scan anything them will just see the vehicle abd know. I looked at him and saved my breath. Guys, take your lovely ride to a professional auto guru and stay a 1000 miles away from Kazeems, Toyeebs, alfas and Kazeem's distant relatives, they'll wreck you...
hello sir

(1) (Reply)

Tokunbo Kia Soul - 2010 @ N1,800,000.00 / Tokunbo 2012 Toyota Corolla / Very Clean 2008 Corolla Le - 1.9m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.