Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,486 members, 7,801,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys (13983 Views)

Dayold Chicks( Cockreal,broilers,noilers,ducks,pullet And Turkey.... / Big Python Killed In Our Farm Swallowed 2 Turkeys (Pictured) / 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by kayo80(m): 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Broilers can be raised with just herbs like ginger, bitter leaf, pawpaw or mango leaves or a combination of these.

Hmm! I want to try out 50 broilers from day old next month, but dont know where to get all these leaves. I wish i could just buy an organic drug of some sorth that contains all these or something.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Alennsar(f): 3:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
tasho105:
Culled 2 noilers on Friday.
Meat is superb,more tasty when compared to broiler.
A little like the local fowl meat toughness.
At 15+ wks,it is matured enough for table but the meat could have been better at 20+ wks old to get the real local fowl drift.

please which side in kabusa did you buy your chicks and turkey from?
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
kayo80:

Hmm! I want to try out 50 broilers from day old next month, but dont know where to get all these leaves. I wish i could just buy an organic drug of some sorth that contains all these or something.
Dry ginger and bitter leaf is sold in the open market.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Alennsar(f): 5:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
method of application
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2017
Alennsar:

method of application
If dry, it can be grinded and applied into feed

The one (leaves) i used was squeezed into water and the dry ginger grinded into feed.
Ginger ensures the litter is dry and its known for antibiotic activity. The leaves takes care of cocci and has some antioxidant qualities.

Watch out for my thread next week.

1 Like

Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Alennsar(f): 7:33pm On Sep 28, 2017
tasho105:
They are local turkey.got them 550 each.Abuja

pls. respond
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Turks: 8:46pm On Sep 28, 2017
LOL. Baba just dey create thread up and dan grin . Taylor Swift.
EMMAACHILE:

If dry, it can be grinded and applied into feed

The one (leaves) i used was squeezed into water and the dry ginger grinded into feed.
Ginger ensures the litter is dry and its known for antibiotic activity. The leaves takes care of cocci and has some antioxidant qualities.

Watch out for my thread next week.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by kayo80(m): 9:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

How do you measure the quantity to use?
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 29, 2017
kayo80:

How do you measure the quantity to use?
I only used two dry ginger flour for a 25kg feed. The leaves was like two squeezed in 8 litres of water. I use leaves 4 times a week.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 29, 2017
Turks:
LOL. Baba just dey create thread up and dan grin . Taylor Swift.

Some people get problem oh! Monitoring spirit! cool

How many threads do I have self? And even if I have plenty, wetin concern you? You never sell your products finish, you dey digress. Wetin I know, make I shut up jare. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by kayo80(m): 7:32am On Sep 29, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

I only used two dry ginger flour for a 25kg feed. The leaves was like two squeezed in 8 litres of water. I use leaves 4 times a week.

Okay. Thank you.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Turks: 7:36am On Sep 29, 2017
Baba for the Chickens!!! *prostrtes* Abeg no vess. Lol. Great job bro. Just make sure you patronize us during your next cycle of raising birds. Thank you.
EMMAACHILE:

Some people get problem oh! Monitoring spirit! cool

How many threads do I have self? And even if I have plenty, wetin concern you? You never sell your products finish, you dey digress. Wetin I know, make I shut up jare. lipsrsealed
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 29, 2017
Turks:
Baba for the Chickens!!! *prostrtes* Abeg no vess. Lol. Great job bro. Just make sure you patronize us during your next cycle of raising birds. Thank you.
Smh! Person where dey look for customer fa!

1 Like

Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by dstoms(m): 5:15pm On Oct 15, 2017
buy fresh and dry ginger in tons from kaduna state .... U can reach me on this number 08167531851 ,or Samuel on 08061589114 or email at omodeledavid@gmail.com pls serious buyer only.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by psamist360: 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
dstoms:
buy fresh and dry ginger in tons from kaduna state .... U can reach me on this number 08167531851 ,or Samuel on 08061589114 or email at omodeledavid@gmail.com pls serious buyer only.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by debobab: 3:35am On Apr 09, 2019
tasho105:
Update on my backyard birds -
In 1 week of organic treat,birds are doing very well.
The broilers have gained like 300-400g.No signs of sickness in birds.i think I'm still going to do another organic week.i have been giving them fermented feed,aloe vera in water,dried pawpaw,bitter leaf and moringa in their feed.Also ginger,garlic,onion and honey mix in water.
Lost 1 of my broilers doc today due to stampede and another turkey that was supplied unhealthy.
Others are ok.
what is fermented feed pls
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Juwontunes007: 11:20pm On Jun 13, 2019
I guess he don’t wanna share it with anyone
debobab:
what is fermented feed pls
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Dolorsa: 7:39pm On Jul 03, 2019
tasho105:
Update on my backyard birds -
In 1 week of organic treat,birds are doing very well.
The broilers have gained like 300-400g.No signs of sickness in birds.i think I'm still going to do another organic week.i have been giving them fermented feed,aloe vera in water,dried pawpaw,bitter leaf and moringa in their feed.Also ginger,garlic,onion and honey mix in water.
Lost 1 of my broilers doc today due to stampede and another turkey that was supplied unhealthy.
Others are ok.
Bro, I sent you a PM. Kindly revert.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning / Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State / Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.