Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts (6757 Views)

BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead / N500bn Social Welfare: 1million Poor Nigerians To Get N5,000 Directly–Presidency / EFCC Freezes Father Mbaka's Accounts - Daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Physicist(m): 2:37am On Jan 21, 2010
Court freezes Ibru’s N500bn bank accounts

Written by Lanre Adewole

A Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos on Wednesday ordered that all bank accounts; both indetified and yet to be identified, belonging to the sacked Chief Executive Officer of Oceanic Bank Plc, Mrs Cecilia Ibru be frozen.

The monies in the identified bank accounts belonging to her stood at a whopping N500 billion.

Justice Akinjide Ajakaye in giving the directive, issued a Mareva order, which is a global order used in preserving subject matters of cases.

The request for the freezing was made by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, which had earlier seized 103 properties from her and multi-billion shares in 77 companies.

With the order granted in Wednesday, the commission, according to its spokesperson, Mr. Femi Babafemi, would start the sealing up of the properties already identified as belonging to her.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/218-court-freezes-ibrus-n500bn-bank-accounts-.html
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by sjeezy8: 2:45am On Jan 21, 2010
500 billion naira cough cough get your hustle one
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by adconline(m): 3:21am On Jan 21, 2010
na wa for naija
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Abagworo(m): 3:27am On Jan 21, 2010
this goes on to prove that ibru is the richest black woman.worth more than 4billion dollars.forbes eyes no reach am.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by marvix(m): 3:41am On Jan 21, 2010
How did she feel havin 500billion nd refused to retain corpers after workin hard for her bank.
GREED y did she not just inject her personal money she had make to save the bank so Sanusi would hav left her alone 100billion was what Sanusi gave Oceanic.
Jim nd Tony we are waiting No MD shld be allowed to stay 4 more than 4 yrs or shld not take a 2nd term immediately
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by blacksta(m): 8:05am On Jan 21, 2010
Erastus has 600bn in an account
Ibru has 500bn in an account

is that not all money that was stolen from all the banking crises
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by edoyad(m): 8:36am On Jan 21, 2010
@least we can be sure Money given to the banks by the CBN plus some losses will be recouped.

As for the EFCC until the day they stop sending consolatory messages to minna for the loss of his wife and go and drag institutional robber cum murderer their actions will always be taken with a pinch of salt.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by knotty(m): 9:40am On Jan 21, 2010
sick. sick and sickening.
these are unusual times with unusual mad men and women in control.
what will the MFkers do with the money.
spending 3m per day, the idiots can never in their shortened lifetime finish the money. so, what the heck!!

when values collapse, this is what you get.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by sola310: 9:44am On Jan 21, 2010
court shd order part of it to be donated to Haiti, after all she will be doing a charitable work. God help her greed.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by parislomo(f): 11:34am On Jan 21, 2010
Why do I feel so indifferent with this piece  embarassed cry
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by otokx(m): 11:39am On Jan 21, 2010
@parislomo

Because its all Initial Gra Gra; nothing will happen.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by 9jatitan(m): 11:42am On Jan 21, 2010
Na waoh oh, i no get 100k na him one woman get 500B, obviously she's richer dan oprah, why forbes no see am? And get this thats just the money she's got , want about the over 100 properties and cars , woah, its kinda hard to wrap ur head around that, pls tell lil wayne and his young money crew to stop tellin us dey do have money, in 9ja we RICH, we own d banks
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by SamMilla1(m): 11:44am On Jan 21, 2010
someone really have 500billion in bank accounts ?
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by beknown(m): 11:49am On Jan 21, 2010
This is the evidence that there is no value system in Nigeria.

Corruption has taken over the value system in Nigeria.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Kx: 11:50am On Jan 21, 2010
Sam Milla:

someone really have 500billion in bank accounts ?

Only in Nigeria.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by aieromon(m): 11:57am On Jan 21, 2010
That's it. . . .this b!tçħ is off my most admired women list angry
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by 700john: 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2010
money money money, haba naija?
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Amjustme: 12:08pm On Jan 21, 2010
Men! some of us are yet 2 see a million bucks eyeball-eyeball.

Sha, where will dis money go into?
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by usbcable(m): 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2010
SADLY,

THE OVER 1300 STAFF RECENTLY LAID-OFF IN INTERCONTINENTAL BANK WERE PAID ONLY FOUR MONTHS "BASIC" SALARY. NO ENTITLEMNET OR BENEFITS NO MATTER THE GRADE OR NUMBER OF YEARS OF SERVICE. MOST DINT EVEN GET ANYTHING CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT THEY HAD ONE FORM OF LOAN OR THE OTHER WITH THE BANK. OF WHICH THE BASIC(NOT FULL SALARY) CANT COVER FOR. THEY ARE NOW EVEN BEING ASKED TO COME AND PAY-UP.

AND HERE WE ARE THE FORMER MD's HAVE BILLIONS IN OTHER BANKS.

SO SAD embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by DoubleN(m): 12:22pm On Jan 21, 2010
500BN form Cecelia,600BN from ErastusNaija don fall inside well true true! cry cry cry
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by hackney(m): 12:45pm On Jan 21, 2010
That na £2B ooo!!
This is serious , man!!!
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Besto(m): 12:54pm On Jan 21, 2010
This guyz r bastard thievies, wtf
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by SamMilla1(m): 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2010
Approximately 3.3 billion US dollars on one persons bank accounts.

That could sponsor a war.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by chidichris(m): 1:01pm On Jan 21, 2010
what ever a nigerian man can do, our women can do it even better.
if mrs ibru can do all these and have all these, what of mr.ibru?
if an ordinary banker can posses all these, what more our almighty politicians?
efcc is actually doing some great works on this ibru of a woman but the big question here is how many ibrus are in our present nigeria?
i will not like the repetition of the abacha recovery scenerio where among our past presidents, one was selected for justice hence making the govt the master of selected justice.
selected justice as we saw under obasanjo did more harm than good to the country.
let all the ibrus of nigeria recieve the same treatments issued to the mrs.ibru and thereby make all of us understand that the law is for all and not for enemies of the govt.
under selective justice, offenders can be termed as victims of the authorities.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by collins011(m): 1:12pm On Jan 21, 2010
I no fit shout and i no fit close my mouth

Ceceilia Ibru have 103 properties scattered all over the world.
own a multi billion naira shares in 77 companies and a whooopping sum of 500 Billion CASH!! in her bank account

CHEI! CHEI!! CHEI!!!

I think the total worth of this woman will be in the neghbourhood of 10 - 15 billion dollars

Am going crazing right now
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by ayo84(m): 1:19pm On Jan 21, 2010
men , i wud love to date an ibru right now. if it wud make me an heir to the empire

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by legba1(m): 1:30pm On Jan 21, 2010
Its very absurd how bad values had been eroded in our land.pple pile up wealth for no just reasons.it is wicked of mrs IBRU THIEF to have robbed the poor shareholders and customers of her bank that much.i keep wondering wat our land will look like without these bunch of wicked generaton who have dstryed our value system.
@knotty
i agree absolutely with you.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Princek12(m): 1:47pm On Jan 21, 2010
This system of selective enforcement has to stop, so the Court should unfreeze Mrs Ibru's assets. The EFCC should investigate, arrest, prosecute, and request a Court order to freeze the accounts and expropriate the assets of all the people who are suspected of engaging in corrupt practices. Why haven't they investigated the Godfathers and trendsetters  of corruption? People like Babangida, Obasanjo, Dangote, Otedola, among many others, all of which have engaged in some kind of embezzlement or money laundering of some sort, are walking free and profligately spending money that which was fraudulently acquired. To pick on a select few while ignoring other thieves is not a just way of law enforcement. As a matter of fact, it encourages would be thieves to obviate prosecution by bribing high-ranking govt. officials ahead of time.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by adigun101: 2:00pm On Jan 21, 2010
Ibrus combined wealth in account balance(500 billion Naira) + 103 properties (Dubai, New york, london etc) + business interests (shares and holdings) = > 1 trillion naira = > 10 billion dollars
Of course, all of a sudden Nigerias bank MDs a now among FORBES 500.
If you believe this story, you are an un-intelligent gaullible FOOL! undecided
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by adigun101: 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2010
Ibrus combined wealth in account balance(500 billion Naira) + 103 properties (Dubai, New york, london etc) + business interests (shares and holdings) = > 1 trillion naira = > 10 billion dollars
Of course, all of a sudden Nigerias bank MDs a now among FORBES 500.
If you believe this story, you are an un-intelligent gaullible FOOL! Undecided
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by diehard1: 2:27pm On Jan 21, 2010
With all these looting i wonder how naija economy de take run. Has defied all reasoning
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by ndubest(m): 2:33pm On Jan 21, 2010
I am finding it hard by the day to believe everything I read in our newspapers which cannot be substantiated with facts. If Mrs Ibru has N500B cash and could not bring out 50% of it to save her bank and her family pride, just like Elumelu, Ovia and Adenuga did, then it is strange. I hope is this is not an allegation of her worth, not cash in the bank. If I may ask, which bank(s) were these funds discovered? Account number details etc, the way they name property details with locations.

I hope they are not refering to the the monies in every account with Ibru surname on it as belonging to Cecilia Ibru.
Our journalists atimes like being sensational in their write ups

I will rest my case for now, until this develops further and more facts emerge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibb Part One / Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail / OAKWOOD GARDEN 1 BY D LAKOWE GOLFCOURSE IN LEKKI TAKES A NEW LOOK07058323906

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.