Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,425 members, 7,808,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB (3891 Views)

Ndi-igbo Don't Be Deceived By Yoruba Muslim Media, Know Your Map And Boundry / FG Excludes Lagos, Borno, Delta From Cash Transfer As N/W Gets Biggest Share / Breaking: New Group Emerges, Calls For Secession Of Niger Delta From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB by Suntzung: 10:49am On Jun 10, 2017
Shelloween:
A time would come when you will beg to be part of Biafra. #BiafraMyFirstLove.
I Hope Kanu Is Not Using Same secret Water Shekau Is Given Boko Haramist grin
Re: Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB by pazienza(m): 10:51am On Jun 10, 2017
ehikwe22:
No Ika king has come out to denounce Biafra. It's not necessary. And not coming out doesn't mean they're in support of it. Ibusa is among the few Anioma clans that has almost full Igbo migration yet there are lots of Igbo denials there talk more of other Enuani clans that claim other origin than Ignoring. . Go to their websites and forums to find out. Since Biafra is not an Igbo thing neither am I claiming zero affinity between Anioma and Igbo, it's not out of place for Anioma or other parts of Delta to be included. But all I'm saying is they should do it the right way.

Do you mind letting us in,on what this your "right way" entails.
Maybe we could learn one or two things today.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB by pazienza(m): 11:03am On Jun 10, 2017
ehikwe22:
No Ika king has come out to denounce Biafra. It's not necessary. And not coming out doesn't mean they're in support of it. Ibusa is among the few Anioma clans that has almost full Igbo migration yet there are lots of Igbo denials there talk more of other Enuani clans that claim other origin than Ignoring. . Go to their websites and forums to find out. Since Biafra is not an Igbo thing neither am I claiming zero affinity between Anioma and Igbo, it's not out of place for Anioma or other parts of Delta to be included. But all I'm saying is they should do it the right way.

I'm a member of Enu ani forums, so I know the sentiments prevalent there.
The reality remains that Enu ani would consider an Igbo country first and foremost, before thinking of any other arrangement.

Yes we have vocal Igbo denying one's like Emeka Esogbue, Onochie Lauretta, but we also have proudly Igbo ones like Okocha, Achuzia, Edozien, Utomi, etc, all heavy giants!
A referendum for or against Biafra in Enuani under right conditions will sell through for the SE, I'm confident of that.
But in Ika and Ukwuani, the reverse is the case.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB by UnchangeableGod: 11:04am On Jun 10, 2017
ehikwe22:
I quite understand that that most parts of Delta are not Igbo. But how can you reasonably claim for Anioma? Does Anioma not mean good land in Igbo? Do Asaba (part of Anioma) people not speak similar dialect with Onicha people? Anioma may decide for or against joining Biafra, that is not the point. Will you reasonably claim that Kwara and some part of Kogi are not Yoruba because of where they fall in? Not even all core Igbo South-Easterners support Biafra to the best of my knowledge. But the truth has to be said. Igbos remain so irrespective of what has transpired over the decades. Let not this Biafra issue lead to so much propaganda that we teach people especially the younger generation errors. Little wonder history as a subject is no more being taught due to too much distortions by the teachers depending on their sentiments. Social Studies and Geography should not be subjected to politics and propaganda. Thanks.
Re: Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB by ehikwe22: 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
I quite understand that that most parts of Delta are not Igbo. But how can you reasonably claim for Anioma? Does Anioma not mean good land in Igbo? Do Asaba (part of Anioma) people not speak similar dialect with Onicha people? Anioma may decide for or against joining Biafra, that is not the point. Will you reasonably claim that Kwara and some part of Kogi are not Yoruba because of where they fall in? Not even all core Igbo South-Easterners support Biafra to the best of my knowledge. But the truth has to be said. Igbos remain so irrespective of what has transpired over the decades. Let not this Biafra issue lead to so much propaganda that we teach people especially the younger generation errors. Little wonder history as a subject is no more being taught due to too much distortions by the teachers depending on their sentiments. Social Studies and Geography should not be subjected to politics and propaganda. Thanks.
I think you are the one that needs to undergo social studies, geography and history class if all you base ethnicity on is language. So according to you analogy, all non Hausa parts of the North that speak Hausa as first or second language are Hausa. I stayed in the North and I witnessed elders of a certain community warning the youths to desist from speaking Hausa because their native language is getting extinct after their generation. In some other communities, their languages are gone extinct. Now those communities have become Hausa?
Re: Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB by ehikwe22: 4:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
pazienza:

Do you mind letting us in,on what this your "right way" entails.
Maybe we could learn one or two things today.
Like first putting your house in order in the SE then consulting with stakeholders from different groups before giving them a name that's alien to them. I bet if Igbos forget about this emotionalism, hatred and chest beating and follow Biafra up properly, they will get support of the elites and after that, meeting other groups will be made much easier. Then you'll see that even the groups you think hate you will go with you. Nobody likes someone to foist something on them. Do it the right way and you will get all the required supports from all quarters
Re: Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB by pazienza(m): 4:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
ehikwe22:
Like first putting your house in order in the SE then consulting with stakeholders from different groups before giving them a name that's alien to them. I bet if Igbos forget about this emotionalism, hatred and chest beating and follow Biafra up properly, they will get support of the elites and after that, meeting other groups will be made much easier. Then you'll see that even the groups you think hate you will go with you. Nobody likes someone to foist something on them. Do it the right way and you will get all the required supports from all quarters

Have you ever heard of Eastern consultative Assembly of 1967?
There was never a time Biafra was foisted on any body or any group.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB by EzeUche(m): 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
ehikwe22:
Lies. The coup was plotted by officers from different parts of the country including few from the north. It was termed an Igbo coup by the media because an Igbo benefited directly from the coup.

Listen Delta Igbo, it WAS your people who plunged the Eastern Igbo clans and our Ibibio neighbors into war.

And for you to deny your Igbo brethren is a spit in the face of Eastern Igbo clans who had no member involved in the first coup.

We did not deny you people like some of your brethren did after the war. My own Igbo clan, the Aro didn't even consider itself Igbo until close to when the British left. But my people still suffered for your perceived sins by the rest of Nigeria

I am Igbo first, but I will not allow some Delta Igbo rewrite history when the coup leader Nzeogwu hailed from your region

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB by pazienza(m): 4:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
EzeUche:

Listen Delta Igbo, it WAS your people who plunged the Eastern Igbo clans and our Ibibio neighbors into war.

And for you to deny your Igbo brethren is a spit in the face of Eastern Igbo clans who had no member involved in the first coup.

We did not deny you people like some of your brethren did after the war. My own Igbo clan, the Aro didn't even consider itself Igbo until close to when the British left. But my people still suffered for your perceived sins by the rest of Nigeria

Take it Easy, Ifeajuna was involved, and he wasn't from Anioma. Granted that Onitsha people are traditionally aligned to Anioma, still Onitsha is in SE.

Lets not play that blame game now, it helps no one, because at this rate, we might decend into blaming Umuahia people for Ironsi folly. Moreover, Anioma is a political term, Nzeogwu was an Enu ani man, from Okpanam town precisely and Okpanam people are proudly Igbo.

The person you are replying is an Ika man.
Enu ani people are on the general comfortable with Igbo identity.

Ika on the other hand, suffers identity crisis.
Re: Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB by EzeUche(m): 4:35pm On Jun 10, 2017
pazienza:

Take it Easy, Ifeajuna was involved, and he wasn't from Anioma. Granted that Onitsha people are traditionally aligned to Anioma, still Onitsha is in SE.

Lets not play that blame game now, it helps no one, because at this rate, we might decend into blaming Umuahia people for Ironsi folly. Moreover, Anioma is a political term, Nzeogwu was an Enu ani man, the person you are replying is an Ika man.

All Western Igbo clans are the same to us.

There is no difference between Anioma and Onitsha. It still sounds the same to us.

I will spit venom at any Delta Igbo who denies the Igbo. This is different from the Ikwerre. The Igbo have suffered more from the actions of the Delta Igbo than any other clan and for them to deny us is something I will not stand for.

And Ironsi is a victim of circumstance because of what happened in the first coup
Re: Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB by pazienza(m): 4:40pm On Jun 10, 2017
EzeUche:

All Western Igbo clans are the same to us.

There is no difference between Anioma and Onitsha. It still sounds the same to us.

I will spit venom at any Delta Igbo who denies the Igbo. This is different from the Ikwerre. The Igbo have suffered more from the actions of the Delta Igbo than any other clan and for them to deny us is something I will not stand for.

And Ironsi is a victim of circumstance because of what happened in the first coup

Well, you wouldn't listen now, would you?

Saying that all Delta Igbos are same, is as good as saying all SE people are the same.
It makes no sense.

Let the Ikas be.
Re: Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB by ehikwe22: 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
EzeUche:

I am Igbo first, but I will not allow some Delta Igbo rewrite history when the coup leader Nzeogwu hailed from your region
it's true Anioma had lots of brave and vibrant officers, it's also true Anioma had a considerable number of soldiers that participated in that coup alongside people from all parts of the country. But will you blame Anioma for the cowardice of Ironsi that directly led to the counter coup? Or will you blame Anioma for the way the Igbos up North in their regular chest beating habit started making jest of Northerners calling them different derogatory names and how their arrogance led to ignore all the signs of a progrom? The progrom didn't just happen. During the cooking up of everything, the Igbos were busy making noise and calling Northerners cowards and saying they can't do anything. Eventually, they did something and your people started crying like babies. What you still do today.
Re: Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB by ehikwe22: 6:29pm On Jun 10, 2017
pazienza:

Lets not play that blame game now, it helps no one, because at this rate, we might decend into blaming Umuahia people for Ironsi folly. Moreover, Anioma is a political term, Nzeogwu was an Enu ani man, from Okpanam town precisely and Okpanam people are proudly Igbo.

The person you are replying is an Ika man.

Ika on the other hand, suffers identity crisis.
Enuani has the loudest Igbo denials. And it's you and your family that have identity crisis.
Re: Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB by pazienza(m): 6:33pm On Jun 10, 2017
ehikwe22:
Enuani has the loudest Igbo denials. And it's you and your family that have identity crisis.

Lol, this one pain am wella. cheesy

Ndo. Oga adicha mma, anyi anaghi ese okwu.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB by pazienza(m): 6:41pm On Jun 10, 2017
ehikwe22:
it's true Anioma had lots of brave and vibrant officers, it's also true Anioma had a considerable number of soldiers that participated in that coup alongside people from all parts of the country. But will you blame Anioma for the cowardice of Ironsi that directly led to the counter coup? Or will you blame Anioma for the way the Igbos up North in their regular chest beating habit started making jest of Northerners calling them different derogatory names and how their arrogance led to ignore all the signs of a progrom? The progrom didn't just happen. During the cooking up of everything, the Igbos were busy making noise and calling Northerners cowards and saying they can't do anything. Eventually, they did something and your people started crying like babies. What you still do today.

Where is your third party documented evidence of Igbos ever cajoling the North after the first coup? Didn't the whole Nigerians rejoice initially after the first coup, before propagandists put a spin to it all and started pointing out Igbo celebrations of the coup that they not long ago were also celebrating?

Please, stop peddling lies here. If there wasn't an Nzeogwu coup, there wouldn't be an Ironsi. It all starts from Nzeogwu. If Nzeogwu was not Igbo, Ironsi naivety wouldn't have mattered and if Nzeogwu wasn't Igbo maybe Ironsi wouldn't have listened to advices of men like Fajuyi, not to hand him to the angry Northern military men that were calling for his head and those of Ifeajuna and the rest.

Not that this has anything to do with Ika. Nzeogwu Okpanam town is proudly Igbo even till today.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Cute Pictures Of Sen Araraume's Family / Enugu 2023: Udi/Ezeagu Progressive Alliance Declares Support For PDP / Some States That Are Sure For Obi, Atiku, Tinubu & Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.