Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,980 members, 7,799,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Igbos Begin Fleeing From North Following Quit Notice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Begin Fleeing From North Following Quit Notice (622 Views)

Boko Haram Terrorists Fleeing From Soldiers During A Fierce Battle Yesterday / Buratai Warns Commanders Against Fleeing From Terrorists / I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Begin Fleeing From North Following Quit Notice by evanscheck(m): 8:27pm On Jun 09, 2017
Some Igbos resident in the north have already begun relocating to other parts of Nigeria, following the quit notice issued by the Coalition of Northern Youths.

Though the directive has now been rescinded, barely a week ago, the Coalition of Northern Youths had given all Igbos resident in the north a three month directive to vacate the region, and also asked Hausas in the east to return back to their places of origin.
According to a report by Daily Post, during a visit to the God is Good Motor Park in Mando, Kaduna State on Thursday, June 8, the park was brimming with Igbos returning back to the east.

One of the fleeing Igbos identified himself as Ifeanyi Odozie, an electric appliance dealer.
According to Odozie, he was leaving because he didn’t want to put his family at risk.

He further disclosed that he did not trust the government to protect him and his family.

Odozie stated: “I have been in this place for thirty years but I think I have overstayed my welcome here. I will take my family to the village and return by next week to sell off some of my belongings here.

“The federal government won’t be there to save us when problem starts.

“Since they (the northern youths) gave their order, who has been arrested?

“I also have my village, it is high time I returned home.”

Another Igbo who was interviewed identified herself as Chioma Okoye, a trader of second hand clothes at the Kaduna Central market in Kaduna.
Re: Igbos Begin Fleeing From North Following Quit Notice by hodusglobal(m): 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2017
May God save us in the Country...Those bad leaders ruling us have spoiled everything right from the military regime to the Democracy or whatever dey craze. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Book Appointment To See A Governor / Federal Government Makes Clarifications On Removal Of CRK From School Curriculum / FEC Approved N2.4bn NAHCON Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.