Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police (87027 Views)

Imo Police Kill Martins Nwoke, Dismissed Sergeant In Gun Battle Over Kidnapping / He Only Pretended To Be Dead - Police Reacts To Report Of Killing Bus Driver / Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by OneHead: 1:59am On Jun 10, 2017
The robbery attack actually was made in Febuary 2017,and the Brave Policeman In The Bank Robbery Video is Dead already.

Sergeant Chukwudi Iboko, The brave policeman, who was fast and smart enough to gun down one of the armed robbers before taking cover to protect his life and and commendably life of others is reportedly dead since April

Brave Policeman In The Bank Robbery Video is DeadBrave Policeman In The Bank Robbery Video is Dead after clip shows he was shot here

Soldier Shoots Fellow Hausa Brother For Packing Sand.

The viral footage which was clearly as a CCTV record from the bank may have been seized all the while for security and investigative reasons, Naaija.com gathered

The video which clearly showed every movement within its reach showed a black car come in first, only to be followed by a black Hyundai Elantra, some seconds later making the gate unable to be locked with the way it parked, Four men then emerged from the vehicle, with three holding weapons, which looked like AK47 rifles.

WATCH VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oToI-YQImUQ

The footage reveals the first person out of the vehicle releasing a shot which caused many people at the entrance of the bank, including the uniformed security man, who opened the gate and melted off at the sight of spontaneous gunshots to protect his unarmed self

But the robbers were swiftly engaged in a gun battle. Shots rang out from the security post at the bank’s entrance, shattering the car windows. An occupant of the car shot back. But one of the robbers, who had tried to attack the occupant of the security post, was instantly shot dead.

The video shows Iboko who shot him escaping from security post, while one of the other robbers pursued and shot after him. The Imo State Police Command informed news men that owing to the multiple gunshot injuries sustained by Iboko, he succumbed to his injuries two months later while in intensive care.

Spokesperson for the command, Mr. Andrew Enwerem, explained that two other policemen were in the security post during the shootout and also sustained gunshot injuries.

“They were in intensive care for up to two months. The two survived but Iboko died. He was a sergeant and mobile policeman,” Enwerem said.

But to Naaija.com ‘s amazement, The police said they do not know the sergeants age or his hometown.

Since the video became viral, there have been calls to reveal the fate of the cop as Nigerians demanded more recognition and honour for the deceased policeman.

http://www.naaija.com/2017/06/brave-policeman-bank-robbery-video-died-april/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by chuks000(m): 2:14am On Jun 10, 2017
R.i.p

In an unrelated event...this is my first tym of bein ftc...show some luv

23 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by BenKassy(m): 2:19am On Jun 10, 2017
cry
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by serverconnect(m): 2:39am On Jun 10, 2017
Chai rip.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by emmanwandud(m): 2:49am On Jun 10, 2017
Op u just woke up wif these news 2 shove it down our throat.

16 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by damoneymag(m): 3:03am On Jun 10, 2017
that's why i dislike the force.. Be it the army or police. His lovely wife (if married) has become a widow.. R.I.P

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by aysnoopy(m): 4:26am On Jun 10, 2017
I've been watching d video, and I was like dis guy has been shot, but it's so painful that he died. I wish it's not true.

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Lifestone(m): 4:36am On Jun 10, 2017
What a gallant officer, we salute you

358 Likes 17 Shares

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by madridguy(m): 5:07am On Jun 10, 2017
Well, I guess the NPF intentional declared the gallant officer dead for security reasons because from the video so far the officer escaped unhurt.

Anyhow, may the peace of thy Lord be with him.

210 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 5:21am On Jun 10, 2017
madridguy:
Well, I guess the NPF intentional declared the gallant officer dead for security reasons because from the video so far the officer escaped unhurt.

op is a lier, the man return fire till those baastard left, if not op should back it up with pix evidence . Our prayers are with that police man, I wish him well not dearth Pls

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by madridguy(m): 5:27am On Jun 10, 2017
I guess the OP wanna make FP so he need to repackage the story again to make it FP worthy tongue. Good morning

Onyochejohn:
op is a lier, the man return fire till those baastard left, if not op should back it up with pix evidence . Our prayers are with that police man, I wish him well not dearth Pls

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by 4dor: 5:41am On Jun 10, 2017
These bloggers are cursed with the way they keep selling lies for clicks.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by OneHead: 6:43am On Jun 10, 2017
madridguy:
I guess the OP wanna make FP so he need to repackage the story again to make it FP worthy tongue. Good morning

4dor:
These bloggers are cursed with the way they keep selling lies for clicks.

*This is not a celebrity gist or gossip* Dear Lalasticla, Dearest Mynd44, if this post is fake, block me from assessing the create option for 1 year.

Very soon, other media would verify and publish my findings and you guys will laud them.

Good morning pipu.

5 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 10, 2017
R.I.P to this brave mopol

What bad news, annoying op

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 10, 2017
How come? How manage??

That is sad oh...

I hope it isn't true...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:14am On Jun 10, 2017
madridguy:

he might have been shot from the waist region downwards looking​ at the way one of the robbers shot at him and given his high level of adrenaline he wouldn't have felt it then. The man tried.

32 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 10, 2017
VIPERVENOM:
he might have been shot from the waist region downwards looking​ at the way one of the robbers shot at him and given his high level of adrenaline he wouldn't have felt it then. The man tried.

Exactly... Absolutely... U are correct...

9 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by ruggedtimi(m): 7:20am On Jun 10, 2017
so sad...bravest nigerian caught on tape.

10 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by hrykanu231(m): 7:44am On Jun 10, 2017
I watched that video with my bro and I was like this guy collect fire o(except him get odeshi). But the 2nd guy couldn't use the gun well(he pointed it downwards most times he pulled d trigger).
Op, did the gallant officer die of gunshot injuries? The most luckiest of them all perhaps, was that guy that left the security room

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by masada: 7:53am On Jun 10, 2017
He was a brave soldier
and a hero

RIP to the galant Sergeant Chukwudi Iboko

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by OneHead: 7:55am On Jun 10, 2017
hrykanu231:
I watched that video with my bro and I was like this guy collect fire o(except him get odeshi). But the 2nd guy couldn't use the gun well(he pointed it downwards most times he pulled d trigger).
Op, did the gallant officer die of gunshot injuries? The most luckiest of them all perhaps, was that guy that left the security room

You could read the full story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by masada: 8:01am On Jun 10, 2017
OneHead:

*This is not a celebrity gist or gossip* Dear Lalasticla, Dearest Mynd44, if this post is fake, block me from assessing the create option for 1 year.

Very soon, other media would verify and publish my findings and you guys will laud them.

Good morning pipu.

don't mind them jare
for d fact dat dey are slow to hear d story doesn't mean it's fake
two other mopol were involved too
the two survived
but Iboko died

RIP to the dead

5 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Bugatie(m): 8:04am On Jun 10, 2017
OneHead:

Good morning pipu.

Dead or alive, his identity and that of his family is to be handled with utmost discretion.

It's a security issue and the lives of his loved ones need to be protected and not flaunted in the media.

Just be assured that even if the Force fail to recognize and promote him, which I doubt, the bank he worked for will definitely not abandon him

He's no doubt a gallant and smart officer, I can only imagine the terror they would unleashed on those bastards if only there were 2 more officers like him that day

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Bugatie(m): 8:07am On Jun 10, 2017
masada:

He was a brave soldier
and a hero

RIP to the galant Sergeant Chukwudi Iboko

There's no need dropping his name everywhere, that's an undue exposure to his family and loved ones.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by masada: 8:09am On Jun 10, 2017
Bugatie:

There's no need dropping his name everywhere, that's an undue exposure to his family and loved ones.

his name is all over the papers
and blogs
recognizing the fallen hero too

5 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Bugatie(m): 8:12am On Jun 10, 2017
masada:

his name is all over the papers
and blogs
recognizing the fallen hero too

I hope the blogs and papers will be quick to protect his family too from the evil ones

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by masada: 8:16am On Jun 10, 2017
Bugatie:

I hope the blogs and papers will be quick to protect his family too from the evil ones

Sure
though the armed robbers been caught alredi
hope the family ll be compensated by the force
and he is recognized too

4 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by larmu(m): 8:42am On Jun 10, 2017
Good cop down

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sotall(m): 8:52am On Jun 10, 2017
ok
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Dottore: 8:52am On Jun 10, 2017
Too bad

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by samtee37(m): 8:53am On Jun 10, 2017
So sad..... Í Just hope the NPF compensate his family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by akpamuomenka: 8:53am On Jun 10, 2017
Sergeant Chukwudi Iboko.

NCAN take note.

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Xenophobia: South Africans Looking For Nigerians & Other Foreigners (Photos) / US Catholic School Teacher Seduced Student Aged 15, Had Sex With Him In Her Car / Lady Found Pictures Of Herself In A Bottle In Her Friend's Closet (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.