Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,809 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

How Much Of A Wizkid Are You ? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Much Of A Wizkid Are You ? (766 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Of A Wizkid Are You ? by dotedote: 4:18am On Jun 10, 2017
Dear NL'ers, How y'all doing today ? I need a puzzle solved please.

I have a Huawei G700 phone. It's no doubt a lovely phone BUT .......... almost everything is in chinese.
I read something about rooting it to alter the ROM (I'm not a crack like that though) so anybody who has got one or two things on Rooting should not hesitate to help out.
Thanks To Y'all.
Re: How Much Of A Wizkid Are You ? by TechPanda(m): 6:26am On Jun 10, 2017
Do You Mind Helping Out? . Cc: Gsmarena24
Re: How Much Of A Wizkid Are You ? by dotedote: 7:49am On Jun 10, 2017
[quote author=TechPanda post=57370239]Do You Mind Helping Out? . I'm the one who needs help. please don't hesitate to help. Or username says it all.
Re: How Much Of A Wizkid Are You ? by brandon180(m): 1:16pm On Jun 10, 2017
d only solution is to install a custom rom on ur device it will replace ur ''chinese stock rom''..and then u can rock ur phone..buh u will av to root ur phone first..
Re: How Much Of A Wizkid Are You ? by dotedote: 7:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
[quote author=brandon180 post=57381997]d only solution is to install a custom rom on ur device it will replace ur ''chinese stock rom''..and then u can rock ur phone..buh u will av to root ur phone first..[/quot

Thanks Brandon190.
Is rooting something I could do by myself ?
Please I'd like you to give me details of the procedure.
Re: How Much Of A Wizkid Are You ? by brandon180(m): 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2017
[quote author=dotedote post=57392290][/quote]
yea try dowloading kingoot..that should do it..and then u look for a cool custom rom online, then u download it, save it in ur SD card nd den u flash it..
Re: How Much Of A Wizkid Are You ? by dotedote: 9:31pm On Jun 10, 2017
brandon180:

yea try dowloading kingoot..that should do it..and then u look for a cool custom rom online, then u download it, save it in ur SD card nd den u flash it..

I understand the steps as highlighted by you till the "and then you flash it" line.
What am I going to flash ? The memory card ?
I'm a novice please and wouldn't mind having your number to give u a call.
Re: How Much Of A Wizkid Are You ? by dotedote: 10:05pm On Jun 10, 2017
brandon180:

Kingroot said it allows Android 4.2.2 to 5.1 unfortunately, my device is on 4.2.1
What other options do I have ?
Re: How Much Of A Wizkid Are You ? by brandon180(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
dotedote:

Kingroot said it allows Android 4.2.2 to 5.1 unfortunately, my device is on 4.2.1
What other options do I have ?
Try framaroot...
P.S abt d flashing..u re gonna need to check online on how to do it..so u dont end up bricking ur phone..just try and find a very nice stable custom rom..
Re: How Much Of A Wizkid Are You ? by kulex2k1(m): 6:38am On Jun 12, 2017
dotedote:
Dear NL'ers, How y'all doing today ? I need a puzzle solved please.

I have a Huawei G700 phone. It's no doubt a lovely phone BUT .......... almost everything is in chinese.
I read something about rooting it to alter the ROM (I'm not a crack like that though) so anybody who has got one or two things on Rooting should not hesitate to help out.
Thanks To Y'all.

Why not try locating the language setting and change to English, just a thought. Tho Yes installing a custom rom will do the trick thats if u find one made for that brand of phone.. check xda developers

(1) (Reply)

5 Common Windows Pc Problems And Possible Solutions / Anyone Else Had This Issue With Their Tecno W2? / I Want A Good Cell Phone, How About A Chinese Smartphone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.