Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN (10521 Views)

Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa / Opera Adds A Free Built-in VPN To It's Android Browser App / 4 Things You Should Know If You Are Using A Phone With A Built-in Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by deewon56: 3:08pm On Jun 12, 2017
HV v tried it with glo,mtn it says unsuccessful pls those that got it connected should pls tell us the full settings by screen shot
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by Chuxserve(m): 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2017
wiliz:
working
show how u did yours... And wht netwk did u use
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by samsung007(m): 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2017
please can someone try and tell me how it work,it usefulness and it meaning

waiting................. undecidedplease can someone try and tell me how it work,it usefulness and it meaning

waiting.................
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by praisecity(m): 6:58pm On Jun 12, 2017
Umar17:

Most of us have seen and usually ignored the built-in VPN menu in the Settings section of our Android smartphone and we download external VPN tweaking APP which most of them are not free to use. In this article, I will explain the step-by-step procedure on how to set up the VPN tab on your Android smartphone.

Note: this feature is only supported in Android 4.0+
Follow the steps below to set up the VPN

Go to Setting > Wireless & Networks > More > VPN
Tap the [ + ] at the top right corner to create a new VPN profile
Ente the VPN profile name you want to create, you can use any desired name of your choice { eg. USA Vpn }
Set the VPN type to PPTP
Set the VPN Server address, chose any of the address below

us1.vpnbook.com US VPN
us2.vpnbook.com US VPN 2
ca1.vpnbook.com CANADA VPN
de233.vpnbook.com GERMANY VPN

Click save
Click on the VPN to connect
You will be prompt to input your username and password
Use vpnbook as the username
Password: CLICK HERE TO GET PASSWORD
Once you have filed the details Click connect and you should be connected in some sec

Note: password usually get updated if this didn't work for you notify me in the comment section below

To confirm you VPN visit www.vpnsecure.me/ip/ to confirm your new IP location

If you have any issues with this setup feel free to drop your feedback in the comment section below

tenks for dis usefull info.
pls how do i setup my laptop vpn too.

tenks
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by Deblow: 5:29am On Jun 13, 2017
Seems it only connects on a sim wt data or airtime on it. I tried it on a glo sim wt data and it promptly connected but did not connect on the one without data or credit
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by praisecity(m): 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2017
i tried all d step u said, but it wasn't working, after d setup, it show connecting........... for some seconds and got disconnected.

pls what can I do it rectify DAT.
am using techno y3, v4.4.0
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by wiliz(m): 10:36pm On Jun 13, 2017
Chuxserve:
show how u did yours... And wht netwk did u use
follow the OP instruction. u must hv data for it to conect
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by Umar17: 11:47am On Jun 14, 2017
mikkybellami:
Working
I am very glad it worked for you. Please help be by dropping your comment in the blog. please, your comment is very important to me. comment here http://www.droidnine.com/2017/06/how-to-set-up-free-androids-built-in-vpn.html
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by Umar17: 11:48am On Jun 14, 2017
Deblow:
Seems it only connects on a sim wt data or airtime on it. I tried it on a glo sim wt data and it promptly connected but did not connect on the one without data or credit
I am very glad it worked for you. Please help be by dropping your comment in the blog. please, your comment is very important to me. comment here http://www.droidnine.com/2017/06/how-to-set-up-free-androids-built-in-vpn.html
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by Umar17: 11:51am On Jun 14, 2017
Franky826:
Wow that was easy man.
Works flawlessly

Thanks bro.

Lalasticlala come and see snake VPN oooo. American version grin grin
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by Umar17: 11:51am On Jun 14, 2017
wiliz:
working
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by Franky826: 12:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
Umar17:

Just did that bro.

More grease to your elbow.

And hey guys....

The VPN works really well. Easy set up and fast network rendering.

How do I know this? Well I used it on Pandora and it connected. Pandora is notorious for it's IP restrictions. When the VPN is off it never connects to Pandora. So guys it works and it's really cool. No need to install a third party app for anonymous internet experience again. Thank you
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by omo17(m): 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
Franky826:

Just did that bro.

More grease to your elbow.

And hey guys....

The VPN works really well. Easy set up and fast network rendering.

How do I know this? Well I used it on Pandora and it connected. Pandora is notorious for it's IP restrictions. When the VPN is off it never connects to Pandora. So guys it works and it's really cool. No need to install a third party app for anonymous internet experience again. Thank you

Pls do i need to have data before it can connect
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by Franky826: 9:09pm On Jun 14, 2017
omo17:

Pls do i need to have data before it can connect

Yes sir.
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by omo17(m): 9:36pm On Jun 14, 2017
Franky826:

Yes sir.

Thanks
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by liljboy(m): 6:42am On Jun 15, 2017
mine is working.... you get UK IP?
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by SirdimayG(m): 7:20am On Jun 15, 2017
Is not working oo. Has the password change??
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by deewon56: 11:42am On Jun 15, 2017
wat is the usefulness of this thnz self that u can use free without data
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by jemmal: 11:50am On Jun 15, 2017
This inbuilt vpn is not as free as Stark or tweakware as it makes use of any available data or airtime in the Sim
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by Umar17: 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
deewon56:
wat is the usefulness of this thnz self that u can use free without data
Do you know the meaning and use of VPN?
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by Umar17: 2:14pm On Jun 15, 2017
jemmal:
This inbuilt vpn is not as free as Stark or tweakware as it makes use of any available data or airtime in the Sim

VPN is a virtual private network, not free browsing network

1 Like

Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by kaykaymcb(m): 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
Please what is the benefit of VPN.. Does it ensure faster browsing?
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by praisecity(m): 7:35pm On Jun 15, 2017
Am surprise that we still have dumb people on this nairaland, VPN is a private in network. anyway na only working go understand. ppl dey find free browsing.
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by deewon56: 8:22pm On Jun 15, 2017
Umar17:

Do you know the meaning and use of VPN?
lolz , I knew the uses of VPN just that the VPN details jotted here is not working for free,also not connected when using data
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by yoged(m): 4:21pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ok
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by Arabbeauty: 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2017
Please I got in late on the vpn trick,it seems to work only at night or evening.coz it has stopped working as off 7 a.m to 6 p.m
Re: How To Set Up Free Android’s Built-in VPN by koskilala: 6:09pm On Jun 21, 2017
Thanks for the info

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Hide Your Number While Sending Message / Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 / Built-in Memory Is Corrupt (Blackberry 9900)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.