Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church (39753 Views)

Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by laurel03(m): 10:54am On Jun 11, 2017
youth don wise....

4 Likes

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by IhateAfonjas(m): 10:55am On Jun 11, 2017

Because they found out that religion is the biggest scam in the history of mankind

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by ekensi01: 10:55am On Jun 11, 2017
Because of bet9ja. grin

As early as 7:30am person the wait make bet shop open, that person attend church for dream or na change he want collect? still thinking.

But i pray that any youth who type here or look who is playing bet will never chop shi IJN. AMEN

one go continue the cut am
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by raphieMontella: 10:55am On Jun 11, 2017
And also,
When you realize prayer is a waste of energy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by tokrizy: 10:55am On Jun 11, 2017
church is boring

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Flexherbal(m): 10:55am On Jun 11, 2017
1 and 2 correct!
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by jay2pee(m): 10:55am On Jun 11, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Uchefrancis16(m): 10:56am On Jun 11, 2017
That's theirs here is mine... Church now means working day to men of God. Got tired of when they preach for 10 minutes and use 2 hours to collect money.

Catholic and
Anglican is the worst.

Any new project in church needs new donation even the most minimal.

I've decided to stay at home instead of going and be field with hatred for men of God or speak evil of them and suffer the rot of the lord.

So its peaceful at home.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by cuedish: 10:57am On Jun 11, 2017
They've realised that the only bible part read in the church is to invoke fear and make you donate what you have laboured for......and one man go use am buy 32million naira jeep × 4. grin

I wonder why plenty of adult leave their brain at home to use pastors brains on Sundays.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 11, 2017
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by arnold123: 10:58am On Jun 11, 2017
Omooba77:
1. Betrayal- Many of the youth felt betrayed by the so called men of God, whose life style is opposite of what they preach. I want to encourage youth to read Matthew 23.
2. Lack of fulfilment, Church no longer interest many because they cant find fulfilment
3. Laziness
- Many are too lazy to wake up early
4. Wrong company
- Many of the youth peers have put pressure on them
5. Self will
-Many wants to try out new thing and do their things.
6. Parents over bearing
- Parents forcing their on lives on the youth

NB Please add your
7. Excess love of money and material things by pastors
8. False prophecy and neglect

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:58am On Jun 11, 2017
Why I stopped! angry

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 11, 2017
Seriously eh, sometimes e dey do me like say going to church na waste of bloody time... When person never see food chop, make I go church abeg with which month I wan take shout Alleluia
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by tunjijones(m): 11:00am On Jun 11, 2017
Omooba77:
1. Betrayal- Many of the youth felt betrayed by the so called men of God, whose life style is opposite of what they preach. I want to encourage youth to read Matthew 23.
2. Lack of fulfilment, Church no longer interest many because they cant find fulfilment
3. Laziness
- Many are too lazy to wake up early
4. Wrong company
- Many of the youth peers have put pressure on them
5. Self will
-Many wants to try out new thing and do their things.
6. Parents over bearing
- Parents forcing their on lives on the youth

NB Please add your

Number 6 really applies to me. I lost interest in church because my mom forced all of us to go to church. We went to church almost 4 times in a week. We went to Virgil every last Friday and we fast 3 days every month... Prayers in the morning was by force.. You get slapped if you don't open ur mouth and sing in morning prayers even if u are still feeling sleepy. With all these I lost interest. My parents were not making me love to be a Christian. They were forcing it to be. I am not an atheist but I don't even knw what i think abt religion anymore.

24 Likes

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Whistleblowers: 11:02am On Jun 11, 2017
Uchefrancis16:
That's theirs here is mine... Church now means working day to men of God. Got tired of when they preach for 10 minutes and use 2 hours to collect money.

Catholic and
Anglican is the worst.

Any new project in church needs new donation even the most minimal.

I've decided to stay at home instead of going and be field with hatred for men of God or speak evil of them and suffer the rot of the lord.

So its peaceful at home.

Pentecostal Churches are the worst and they greatly aided the downfall of the Churches in Nigeria when they started preaching prosperity

There's only one God (might be one or a group of creators ) . Religion is man made

6 Likes

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by dee02(m): 11:02am On Jun 11, 2017
Nairabet
Naijabet
Merrybet
Smartphones
Fraudulent and phoney pastors

1 Like

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 11, 2017
I am just tired of same thing every Sunday no shuffling of church activities to make it lively....

and

too many fake prophecy

3 Likes

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by 9jaAmerican: 11:03am On Jun 11, 2017
Stevengerd:
I Swear Down
dont give up bro,he would do it!
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by tosyne2much(m): 11:06am On Jun 11, 2017
OP, you forgot to add that some guys don't go to church because the church is not dominated by fine babes cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 11, 2017
An2elect2:
When you realize God is no longer in "churches" You've got to know Him yourself.

Luv u for this comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 11, 2017
Evablizin:
They no longer go to church because the see no different between them and those going to church,the fornicate,steal,lie,cheat,hate,fight etc like them so what's the need of going to church
ds is exactly me
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by jonbellion(m): 11:08am On Jun 11, 2017
Because they are waking up and seeing religion for what it truly is smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Codyt(m): 11:09am On Jun 11, 2017
An2elect2:
When you realize God is no longer in "churches" You've got to know Him yourself.
Thank you oooo
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 11, 2017
mrchemu092:
my life my style
if u had d power to predict fixed games,u won't av time for nairaland
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by JSmart4u(m): 11:11am On Jun 11, 2017
Sorry for being blunt,but church just bores me as hell. I just feel i'm not that kinda person who force myself on a chair for hours,listening to what doesnt interest me at all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Nnemuka(f): 11:13am On Jun 11, 2017
Akshow:
K
stop trying to understand the person called God.
The more you keep digging the more confused you get, but i tell you There's a God and he is All Powerful.
When you find him, you will marvel

7 Likes

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Stevengerd(m): 11:15am On Jun 11, 2017
9jaAmerican:
dont give up bro,he would do it!
Sure
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Etuagievin(m): 11:15am On Jun 11, 2017
Religious leaders are no longer preaching salvation but preach prosperity to get peoples money. It leaves members spiritually dried . They feel there nothing appealing to learn other than the repetitive sermons on get-rich-quick and destroying enemies. This is a far cry from the refreshing message Christ thought on the sermon on the mount.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by unipol(m): 11:15am On Jun 11, 2017
Many religious people are more criminally minded than non religious men.

6 Likes

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by IMASTEX: 11:22am On Jun 11, 2017
An2elect2:
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Olibboy: 11:24am On Jun 11, 2017
When Jesus promised He would come since century and we don't see him.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Greatest Sexual Temptation As A Christian / "Women Who Wear Trousers, Eyelashes Are Sinners" - Pastor Lazarus Muoka / Rude Things People Do In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.