Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 (86914 Views)

List Of The Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria -see Photos / List Of Top 23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by lonelydora: 8:39am On Jun 12, 2017
BigBelleControl:
I don't expect students from these secondary schools to attend any Nigerian public university. They either go abroad or attend a private university. But one thing I notice about them is they have better command of English language, they're exposed but are not usually as academically brilliant as their counterparts in public or low paying secondary schools.

Truth
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 12, 2017
BigBelleControl:
I don't expect students from these secondary schools to attend any Nigerian public university. They either go abroad or attend a private university. But one thing I notice about them is they have better command of English language, they're exposed but are not usually as academically brilliant as their counterparts in public or low paying secondary schools.

it's kinda of sad. compensation at it from finest you say such nonsense because you don't want to feel inferior; I get that. But they are very sound better than their low counterparts. 3 from loyolajesuit just graduated from MIT. if that isn't academically sound , I wonder what is.
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by MrKong: 9:08am On Jun 12, 2017
TheSociopath:

join the whatsapp group
Pls how do I join?
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by MrKong: 9:08am On Jun 12, 2017
sheylarhh:
Please is Unilorin form out?
What form are you talking about?
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by babaskool(m): 9:10am On Jun 12, 2017
VLongstrider:

What's that job please... that pays over 6m monthly.
Don't tell me about businessmen now oh cos they don't earn....they realize.
directors of companies, senior government consultants, corporate lawyers, self employed businessmen (I know someone who owns a filling station he makes 8m from his petrol station per month) hotel business owners, owners of schools too make 6m per month like its nothing
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by idris4r83(m): 9:11am On Jun 12, 2017
babaskool:
directors of companies, senior government consultants, corporate lawyers, self employed businessmen (I know someone who owns a filling station he makes 8m from his petrol station per month) hotel business owners, owners of schools too make 6m per month like its nothing
hmmm, may God bless our hustle.
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by agarawu23(m): 9:43am On Jun 12, 2017
marttol:
i was one of the candidates for a scholarship,at day waterman college in the year 2009,i went to the school,the school is wow...
NB:i was disqualified,simply because awon Aye get hand there recently got a revelation about it...i was pained but life goes on.

What do u mean by awon aye?

One of my street girl won a scholarship to day waterman college too and she did fine.

My anty was one of the contractors (tilling) of day water man college, I worked there for her and most of the building was built in my present.....there is nothing spiritual in that school. Stop lying undecided
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by gozibizzle(m): 9:49am On Jun 12, 2017
I don't see, AISA, AISL, ICS even Regent (abuuja) on this list. This writer no do him research well
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by alanka(f): 9:50am On Jun 12, 2017
tensazangetsu20:

Trust me babe, no amount of connections and money can take you into an ivy league if yu are not academically proficient. The people who go those schools have outstanding accomplishments.

Hmm so, bperhaps yet to see those who went to these schools doing exploit in this country.

I heard of those who attended Queens' and kings' colleges doing exploit in this country than these ones.

Or are they getting trained there to be exported for other countries economies?

Also, don't some of them attempt JAMB here too? None of them gives JAMB some brutal challenge. I believe thousands of students in this category of school sometime in the past sat JAMB did they absolutely do above average Nigerian who attended the street schools.

I am trying to let you see that those of us who attended 100,000
naira and below secondary schools went to universities abroad among kids, white, asian and black...kids who attended secondary schools that worth 6 million naira in their various countries and those who came from humble backgrounds are still at par with them in their degree programmes.

I have not heard these kids score 5.0 AGP. And those we heard coming out with first attended in universities were not reported to have attended these secondary schools.

Necessity misplacement comes in when you have money, expecially when you steal publics funds.

I will believe something else if I see the kids leading in everything they do, A parallel, First Class with over 4.75, the best moral standard in our society, offering of best solutions to our societal problems..., winning cowbell math competition back to back...if not then I see it as shit

From my secondary school I understood maybe I should say I thought myself how to set accounting questions from my brain, use the questions to prepare subsidiary books, use sub. books to do bookkeeping, use the bookkeeping to prepare double entry, do balancing off, do the trial balance (my trial balances are always balanced), use the trial balance to prepare the account ( be it, trading profit and loss account, company account, manufacturing account...as it maybe applicsble.), create additional information from my brain and prapare my balance sheet (my balance sheets are always balanced) And my school fee was 200 naira and below.

If you are in accounting profession you will understand what I am saying here and you will surely ague that is impossible but this is what I started doing since SS2 can these kids do this? If they can't there is nothing special in their schools and them young poor guys are doing exploit out here.

In my secondary school days, I knew math so much that I was creating math formulas, I was solving math in my brain, without biro I was solving math topics of all kinds off hand. MY SCHOOL FEE WAS 200 NAIRA AND BELOW

They are not different to anyone, perhaps, as someone said, they are better than us in their SPOKE ENGLISH.
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by ussy09(m): 9:59am On Jun 12, 2017
36 STATES AND CAPITALS
1 : KANO / mumu
2: Oyo / dirty
3: EDO / ashawo
4: CROSS RIVER / kerewa
5: LAGOS / Agbero
6: IMO / bride price
7: DELTA / ogogoro
8: ENUGU / runs girls
9: OGUN / juju
10: Anambra / blood money
11:Bornu / boko haram
12 Abia/ bad roads
13: Abuja /Corporate thieves
14: Benue / free of charge
15: ondo / Aja (dog)
16: Akwa Ibom / housemaid
17: Bayelsa / Militant
18: Zamfara / Sharia
19: Sokoto / Four wives
20: Osun / fear fear
21: Kwara / Big nyash
22: Plateau / Crisis
23 Kogi / hardship
24: Rivers / cultism

PLZ add your own ...let's get to 36..

Pls don't take it personal, it's just a way to crack u this joke
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by TheSociopath(m): 10:12am On Jun 12, 2017
MrKong:
Pls how do I join?
quote me your number
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by edi287: 10:17am On Jun 12, 2017
ussy09:
36 STATES AND CAPITALS
1 : KANO / mumu
2: Oyo / dirty
3: EDO / ashawo
4: CROSS RIVER / kerewa
5: LAGOS / Agbero
6: IMO / bride price
7: DELTA / ogogoro
8: ENUGU / runs girls
9: OGUN / juju
10: Anambra / blood money
11:Bornu / boko haram
12 Abia/ bad roads
13: Abuja /Corporate thieves
14: Benue / free of charge
15: ondo / Aja (dog)
16: Akwa Ibom / housemaid
17: Bayelsa / Militant
18: Zamfara / Sharia
19: Sokoto / Four wives
20: Osun / fear fear
21: Kwara / Big nyash
22: Plateau / Crisis
23 Kogi / hardship
24: Rivers / cultism

PLZ add your own ...let's get to 36..

Pls don't take it personal, it's just a way to crack u this joke
Wrong thread.

1 Like

Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by MrKong: 10:26am On Jun 12, 2017
TheSociopath:

quote me your number
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by yemiosinbajo: 10:33am On Jun 12, 2017
Centrix:

LJC's best student? not ranking top 5? Lies. LJCs best students attend the best colleges in the US and UK.

So, you think medical students in Nigeria are dumb, right? You are saying "lies"; do you expect me to mention her name on a public forum?
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by TheSociopath(m): 11:13am On Jun 12, 2017
MrKong:

Copied. You can remove the number now
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by MrKong: 11:17am On Jun 12, 2017
TheSociopath:

Copied. You can remove the number now
Edit yours too pls
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by TheSociopath(m): 11:27am On Jun 12, 2017
MrKong:
Edit yours too pls
I av
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by jackie35(m): 11:42am On Jun 12, 2017
Codedrock:

SOURCE:http://www.takemetonaija.com/2017/04/ten-most-expensive-secondary-schools-in.html

THIS KIND INFORMATION IS VERY DANGEROUS, PARTICULARLY IN A PERIOD LIKE THIS THAT COUNTRY IS FACING CHILDREN (PUPILS) KIDNAPPING.

BUT GOD IS OUR PROTECTOR SHA.

1 Like

Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2017
I can't speak for the rest of those schools, but if you can afford it (and if your kid can pass their competitive entrance exams), it's more than worth it to send them to Loyola Jesuit College. I was there between '99 and '02, but after the last school fees of N281,000 (and STILL rising every year), my parents withdrew me. Theirs is a well-rounded, intense education.

To think the current fees is over 10 times what it was when I couldn't afford it, sha. grin
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by nugwas: 12:44pm On Jun 12, 2017
Arthurwinner:
sm still go there and end up dummies...destiny can Neva be changed
Dummies can't be admitted in the first place.
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by ifyain: 1:00pm On Jun 12, 2017
These schools are still in Nigeria and the Nigerian factor and mentality will always prevail in their lives. it is just a glorified middle class indulgence.

1 Like

Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by salesforce: 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2017
Gbese
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by Gerrard59(m): 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2017
calberian:

The deterioration of public institutions (primary, secondary and tertiary) is a testament to the worsening state of leadership in Nigeria.

Statements like yours are a testament to the fact that certain people are benefitting immensely from the gross mismanagement and social injustices being meted out to the common man in Nigeria daily.

Last week, there was talk about the seven best rated universities in Africa. Those institutions did not attain such heights by sudden flight. They did not get there at the expense of those who couldnt afford a decent education. Private education must always be a matter of choice. When private education is the only source of good education in any society, education from that society cannot be rated well in the comity of progressive nations.

I'm not saying education should be cheap. I'm saying that it should be affordable to everyone who so much as desires it.

If OAU, UI, UNILAG, UNN and ABU become worse schools than any private university in Nigeria and you're gloating about it, you're either ignorant of what it portends to Nigeria as a nation and those private institutions themselves or you're not a Nigerian.

Well, you are correct. However, it is not my fault in anyway that the country has deteriorated. I was born to see it this way.

At the bolded, the majority of Nigerians do not desire the country should change.

I am doing my best daily to change the country, however, there will be a limit someday.
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by Centrix: 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2017
yemiosinbajo:

So, you think medical students in Nigeria are dumb, right? You are saying "lies"; do you expect me to mention her name on a public forum?

I'm saying how do you know she was LJC's best? LJCs best score highly on the SATs and are able to get full tuition scholarships to highly ranked universities. I'm not disputing the fact that she went to LJC, but to say she was the best? ADONBELIEVEIT
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by Vioncy(f): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
sometimes when i see all this big man children and the amt they pay for school fees, its even higher than all my semester schools.......sometimes i look up and ask GOD why? if was rich...trust Rivers babe.....i would have been better slay queen/ lol

still doing well shaaaaa.....even from nursery school
na Akara skul i go
secondary na govt
Higher institution na Bori(poly)
lol but there is nothing you would bring or give to me as per academic
with dox rich kids from all those multi naira skuls that i can't attempt even if i fail am

one of my lecturers would always say "even if what you are saying is a lie, be bold and LIE it, maybe you might end up convincing the person saying the truth"
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by yemiosinbajo: 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by profbabatunde: 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2017
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by Jsucre(m): 4:36pm On Jun 12, 2017
olashore international iloko ijesha no make the list shaaaaaa
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by Centrix: 4:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
yemiosinbajo:

Believe it or not, but I got nothing to lie about. She was top of her class in LJC, but her post utme score and GPA ranked her way below top five in UI. I'm tempted to mention her name, but I don't want to do that 'cos there are a lot of UI peepz here. I totally understand your sentiment- you think being the best in LJC automatically makes you the best in any other school. You may be right, but I dare tell you that medical school is different, especially one such as UI. Don't misunderstand me, the girl is truly good, but UI medical school is more challenging than LJC. If you still don't believe, send me a PM and I will send you her name and the book of life (GPA book).

Also, not all of LJC's best students get those full scholarships through LJC. Many of them graduate from LJC and go EducationUSA Abuja where they qualify for the Opportunity funds to receive those full rides.

No doubt LJC students are the bomb, but med school life is different. You will surely encounter a stronger challenge in med school no matter where you're coming from. Imagine an LJC best student meeting a Victor Olalusi (google that name) in class!! Mehnnn, med school dey humble giants o!

I googled Victor Olalusi, great achiever. But let me share with you a few names:
Gregory Ugwi: 340 out of 400 (100 in Physics), JAMB 2003. Still holds JAMB record today. Went to Princeton and now owns a million dollar company in the US. Went to LJC

Odaro Omusi:Best Student in WAEC in West Africa. 2005

John Yusuf: Best WAEC student in West Africa. 2007 Went to Harvard
LJC students had the best JAMB result in the country 2009, 2011 and 2013.

Habiba Daggash: First Class Honors from Cambridge University

So many other names, too many to mention. The most recent, Johnpaul Nwaezeigwe. Even Kechi the Americas Got Talent singer, plane crash survivor, graduated top of her class.

The best LJC students make the top results in the country in JAMB. Go to their wikipedia page. So if she told you she was the best student in her year, then she's probably not telling the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by larrypourl(m): 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2017
DanseMacabre:
Comprehensive research. Was expecting to see only Lagos and Abuja schools here (and hoping to call you out for it tongue , but seeing Hillcrest justifies your list.

Some commentators here have hinged on students from these schools not being more intelligent than their counterparts from less-paying schools. While I agree, I must also say that students from these schools tend to generally be more refined, urbane and exposed than their counterparts from other schools. They also have the advantage of networking with peers from elite and wealthy families, as well as exclusive priviledges: for instance Hillcrest facilitates very easy admission to American universities for its graduands.

Leave talk, as far as I get the money and the school is worth the hype, nothing is too much for my kids.

The list isn't complete. Corona Secondary School in Agbara pays over 3m per annum
Re: Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 by marttol: 8:41pm On Jun 12, 2017
agarawu23:

What do u mean by awon aye?

One of my street girl won a scholarship to day waterman college too and she did fine.

My anty was one of the contractors (tilling) of day water man college, I worked there for her and most of the building was built in my present.....there is nothing spiritual in that school. Stop lying undecided
who says something is spiritual about the school?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? / 'Making Love': Found In Primary School Book (Pictured) / "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.