Stats: 3,143,477 members, 7,781,391 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:43 PM

I Want To Get Married, I Need Your Advice. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Get Married, I Need Your Advice. (2264 Views)

I Recently Got Married,i Love My Husband,but My Ex Is Better On Bed,am Confused / Can I Get Married? I Need Advice / He Said “no Sex Bfor Marriage.” We Got Married & I Discovered What He Was Hiding (2) (3) (4)

Re: I Want To Get Married, I Need Your Advice. by akaahs(m): 10:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
dajoaneke:
From the Mummys and Daddys shey? Their advice go make sense wella.

i tell u

Re: I Want To Get Married, I Need Your Advice. by magnificientzaz(f): 10:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
folakemigeh:
You just met her 6 months is too early for marriage. At least a year is okay.

You need to know the woman you are about to get married to very well if not you will be running to me. tongue

And u think 1yr is enough time to know a woman? Women are very deceptive.
Op take the risk, if you are sure she loves u
Re: I Want To Get Married, I Need Your Advice. by feelgoodInc: 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2017
dajoaneke:
Good day NL family. I greet you and hope you are doing great? If so, doxology cheesy cheesy cheesy
I would like your advice on on marital issues as I have never been married before, the step towards such endeavor is new to me.

1 > I met my girlfriend 6 months ago and she's not that kind of girl a reasonable man would toy with. I love her (we're in love). I want to surprise her with a marriage proposal, but I want to know if I should introduce myself to her family first, get to know the family first hand and get the father's blessing?

2 > She's met with my family, best friend with my mom & my family love her so much. All is good to go but my salary. I cannot afford a Nigerian wedding (things are starting to pick up for me but still...) Question is, If she says yes to my proposal, how long is a proposal duration before the ring will become a handcuff?

3 > Lastly, If she says "yes" to me & her family say's no; does the ring stay with her or it should be returned (It's the reason for my question No.1)

Marriage is a delicate process I believe. I don't want to ask my siblings these questions, hence they might amebo* it to her
I would appreciate matured response from married and single alike. If you are single & want to display crass humor please try the next post wink

Mod: farano, Rocktation
you want to give a wedding ring during a propesal? I thought it's an engagement ring
Re: I Want To Get Married, I Need Your Advice. by dajoaneke(m): 10:45pm On Jun 11, 2017
magnificientzaz:

And u think 1yr is enough time to know a woman? Women are very deceptive.
Op take the risk, if you are sure she loves u
Chop knuckle o jare! What works for Peter may not necessarily work for John. There's no kind of woman I haven't dated. The most important thing is that we can live together
Re: I Want To Get Married, I Need Your Advice. by dajoaneke(m): 10:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
feelgoodInc:

you want to give a wedding ring during a propesal?
Isn't that how it's done?
Re: I Want To Get Married, I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 11, 2017
Benita27:
My opinion.

You propose marriage to her first. If she says "Yes" you demand to see her parents to make your intentions known. She'll inform her parents and they'll give her the go ahead to invite you over. Depending on how soon you'd want it to take place, you'll be asked to come over on a second visit with your people for introduction and the taking of list.

If she says "Yes" and her family says "No". You can either ask her to keep the ring or return it, while she could either decide to keep it or return it...don't be stingy, ask her to keep it, and let her say "No".

On behalf of the whole Nairaland and Seun. I say Welcome back ma. How is children and family?

Hope the baby is kicking?
Re: I Want To Get Married, I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
cruchenuti:

On behalf of the whole Nairaland and Se.un. I say Welcome back ma. How is children and family?

Hope the baby is kicking?
LMAO, did you impregnate me?.
Re: I Want To Get Married, I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 11, 2017
Benita27:
LMAO, did you impregnate me?.

No o. I'm just saying o. But serious ehn, I'm not hyping you but any guy that marries you is Lucky. Except you don't practice what you preach, but if you do, you will an awesome wife i swear.
Re: I Want To Get Married, I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 11, 2017
cruchenuti:

No o. I'm just saying o. But serious ehn, I'm not hyping you but any guy that marries you is Lucky. Except you don't practice what you preach, but if you do, you will an awesome wife i swear.
Don't take my comments seriously. I have my own demons chasing me. grin cheesy
Re: I Want To Get Married, I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
Benita27:
Don't take my comments seriously. I'm my own demons chasing me. grin cheesy

Yels na, but at the end sha, our comments will always bring out who we are, even kimbra wasn't such a bad girl grin I like that safiaaa girl too, she is honest & always speaks her mind.
Re: I Want To Get Married, I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 11, 2017
cruchenuti:

Yels na, but at the end sha, our comments will always bring out who we are, even kimbra wasn't such a bad girl grin I like that safia.aa girl too, she is honest & always speaks her mind.
Not always. Kimbra is my alternate account though.
Re: I Want To Get Married, I Need Your Advice. by timmdd: 9:16am On Jun 13, 2017
ummmm...if you looking for some cheap and fine engagement ring...the King Will ring is one good choice here wink
Re: I Want To Get Married, I Need Your Advice. by irewoleola(m): 12:14pm On Jun 13, 2017
There is always this saying that. A bad wife is better than bad inlaws. I have noticed that in most cases...its always the guys mother that is always against the girl bur the girl's parents are always in support.

You dont have anything to be worried of. Go ahead with the proposal.

Concerning finance issues....sincee she is a good lady as you claimed then money should not be a problem. Besides...God can show His wonders between proposal and wedding

NB: double your hustle...there is nothing as frustrating as being broke and married.

Re: I Want To Get Married, I Need Your Advice. by dajoaneke(m): 10:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
lol. Thanks Sir, you've said well
irewoleola:
There is always this saying that. A bad wife is better than bad inlaws. I have noticed that in most cases...its always the guys mother that is always against the girl bur the girl's parents are always in support.

You dont have anything to be worried of. Go ahead with the proposal.

Concerning finance issues....sincee she is a good lady as you claimed then money should not be a problem. Besides...God can show His wonders between proposal and wedding

NB: double your hustle...there is nothing as frustrating as being broke and married.

About To Leave Home / Is Bigger Manhood Better? Does Manhood Size Really Matter To Ladies? / 31-year-old Nigerian Man Reportedly Marries 79-year-old Oyinbo Lover