Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars (1528 Views)

Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” / Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by irenmwinfo(m): 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
In Matthew 12:24-31, it talks about blasphemy against the Holy Spirit which is a sin that is not forgiven.
The Bible also recorded that at the end, many will cast out demon's in my name I.e the false prophets. My question is, God in his word said all other sins and blasphemy unto men will be forgiven but blasphemy against the Holy spirit won't be forgiven. Therefore, who among this two people committed blasphemy against the Holy spirit ? It is those who criticize some prophet that cast out demons and do signs and wonders like in Matthew 12:24
Matthew 12
24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

OR those prophets performing signs and wonders, healing and other miracles in God's name but are false prophets ? But I will like to call our attention of what the Bible talks about when Jesus asked if Satan can cast out Satan without his kingdom not been divided ? Matthew 12:26

Matthew 12: 26
26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

PLEASE THE BIBLE SCHOLARS HELP ME EXPLAIN THIS AM GETTING CONFUSE. GOD BLESS YOU
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2017
That passage applied to ONLY the Pharisees who condemned God Himself for casting out demons - they claimed Christ could do that because he was possessed by a demon . God immediately condemned them to Hell because of their idiotic comments .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by urheme: 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2017
irenmwinfo:
In Matthew 12:24-31, it talks about blasphemy against the Holy Spirit which is a sin that is not forgiven.
The Bible also recorded that at the end, many will cast out demon's in my name I.e the false prophets. My question is, God in his word said all other sins and blasphemy unto men will be forgiven but blasphemy against the Holy spirit won't be forgiven. Therefore, who among this two people committed blasphemy against the Holy spirit ? It is those who criticize some prophet that cast out demons and do signs and wonders like in Matthew 12:24
Matthew 12
24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

OR those prophets performing signs and wonders, healing and other miracles in God's name but are false prophets ? But I will like to call our attention of what the Bible talks about when Jesus asked if Satan can cast out Satan without his kingdom not been divided ? Matthew 12:26

Matthew 12: 26
26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

PLEASE THE BIBLE SCHOLARS HELP ME EXPLAIN THIS AM GETTING CONFUSE. GOD BLESS YOU

As Christians we must test the authenticity of the powers manifested by every acclaimed man of God.......if it is fake, speak against it....and create awareness.....this is what Christ did in his days.

Jesus did not only criticize the priest, government and pharisees of his days....but he said woe unto them.....He condemned them without mincing words.....

Can you now say Jesus Blasphemed

On the other hand, Jesus Himself was criticized severally....read the book of John......some even pick stones to stone him.

A pig loving community actually ordered Jesus to leave because he cast out some terrible demons......the way and manner the miracle happened actually made them see Jesus as a dangerous person.....

There where question upon questions to Jesus and which He provided answers.

Blasphemy!!!!....Blasphemy!!!!

The men of God of this generation do not want to be cautioned and questioned.....any attempt to so do... then the slogan ....."touch not my anointed"..or...Blasphemy.

God will help us grin

1 Like

Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by wandecoalic(m): 5:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
urheme:

As Christians we must test the authenticity of the powers manifested by every acclaimed man of God.......if it is fake, speak against it....and create awareness.....this is what Christ did in his days.

Jesus did not only criticize the priest, government and pharisees of his days....but he said woe unto them.....He condemned them without mincing words.....

On the other hand, Jesus Himself was criticized severally....read the book of John......some even pick stones to stone him.

A pig loving community actually ordered Jesus to leave because he cast out some terrible demons......the way and manner the miracle happened actually made them see Jesus as a dangerous person.....

The men of God of this generation do not want to be cautioned and questioned.....any attempt to so do... then the slogan ....."touch not my anointed"..or...Blasphemy.

God will help us grin

how do you easily get convince who fake prophet is ?
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by analice107: 7:07pm On Jun 11, 2017
urheme:

God will help us grin
You are a clear case of what the Master said in Matt 21:31.

Many outsiders, Sinners, republicans and others will enter into the Kingdom first, while those who claim son ship of Abraham will be left outside.
I remember not long ago, you would cut my neck off for doing what you are now doing.

Am so happy to see you doing this. Many have been in Church for years and have forgotten everything about Christ.
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by realmindz: 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
analice107:

Many outsiders, Sinners, republicans and others will enter into the Kingdom first, while those who claim son ship of Abraham will be left outside.
I remember not long ago, you would cut my neck off for doing what you are now doing.

Am so happy to see you doing this. Many have been in Church for years and have forgotten everything about Christ.

When men are talking religion, you keep shut! Morals declining everyday
angry

1 Corinthians 14:34 - 35
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by analice107: 7:33pm On Jun 11, 2017
wandecoalic:

There are many ways to know.

1. The worth of a true prophet is that, he stays within the confines of the Scripture. That's why you see them trying to twist and Summersault scriptures to mean what they want them to mean. It's only those who know the word that can catch them in their deceit.
E.g. The Mulsims have been trying to fix Muhammed in the Bible, but failing each time.

2. The worth of a true prophet is that, he speaks the mind of God. He declares what is relevant to the people, whether by way of rebuke/reprimand or instructions.

3. The worth of a true prophet is that, Whatever he says comes to pass. No guess work, no probability or speculations.

Here is what the Bible says.

The prophet which prophesieth of peace, when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, then shall the prophet be known, that the LORD hath truly sent him.
Jeremiah:28:9

If the Lord has sent him, when he speaks, it shall come to pass.

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
Deuteronomy:18:22

Many who call themselves prophets today, wait for an event to occur before they begin to claim they prophesied it.

Prophets who quote phone numbers and account numbers are obviously fake. God is angry with Men today, but how many of these prophets can declare that to these men?

Lies, lies and plenty of lies, as prophesied by the Master.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by analice107: 7:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
realmindz:

angry

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church
If you were a man, i would have explained what Paul meant there, but i find you less of a man, so i'd pass.
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by realmindz: 7:38pm On Jun 11, 2017
analice107:

If you were a man, i would have explained what Paul meant there, but i find you less of a man, so i'd pass.
you are a candidate of hell to have spoken to a male in that manner.
you forbid correction and you are damned to eternal torture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by OtemAtum: 8:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
realmindz:

angry

grin cheesy Brain-checker on duty grin. I can't say it half as you've done. You have said it as precise and as sharp as the tip of a clutch pencil. I give you ten stars over ten stars. Thanks for making my day with this epic reply. Chai! grin

1 Like

Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by realmindz: 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
OtemAtum:

grin cheesy Brain-checker on duty grin. I can't say it half as you've done. You have said it as precise and as sharp as the tip of a clutch pencil. I give you ten stars over ten stars. Thanks for making my day with this epic reply. Chai! grin
lol..grin
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by OtemAtum: 8:30pm On Jun 11, 2017
realmindz:

angry

However, just free her since people with brains like you and I have gradually normalised gender equality issue which was hated by their unwise yahweh back in those days.

Observations of Rastus: 9. I have made observations and known that there is nothing normal in itself except what the homos have normalised. and anything can be normalised, no matter how it seems impossible to do. 10. For if the homos of the world decide to normalise equality in gender, it shall be so. But the beginning of every normalisation is called an offence to the gods
Analice should take note of the bolded and shout 7 Hallaluyah! to nature. grin
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by swegiedon(m): 8:31pm On Jun 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
That passage applied to ONLY the Pharisees who condemned God Himself for casting out demons - they claimed Christ could do that because he was possessed by a demon . God immediately condemned them to Hell because of their idiotic comments .

cheesy cheesy how did god condemn them to hell
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by swegiedon(m): 8:33pm On Jun 11, 2017
wandecoalic:

Don't trust any.to me all na fake
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by swegiedon(m): 8:35pm On Jun 11, 2017
OtemAtum:
Lol, blasphemy against the holy spirit in this age? Is it the same holy abi na filthy spirit who dwells in criminals like Samuel Ekwueme, Apostle Suleiman, TB Joshua, Oyedepo, Adeboye and Kumuyi? That Holy filthy thing which has anointed them with stealing and womanizing? He he he grin
cheesy cheesy you funny ooo,make dem no lay fake curse for you ooo

1 Like

Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by mzhorlah(f): 8:35pm On Jun 11, 2017
Blaspheming the spirit is committed by unbelievers. it was committed by the Pharisees when they accused him of casting out demons by the power of Satan after Jesus had stated clearly that he was casting out demons through the power of God.

I think the unpardonable sin involves the total rejection of Jesus Christ.
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by swegiedon(m): 8:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
realmindz:

Says the word of amadioha
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by OtemAtum: 9:09pm On Jun 11, 2017
swegiedon:

cheesy cheesy you funny ooo,make dem no lay fake curse for you ooo
Their last resort is the blasphemy against holy spirit ish when every reasonable human is no more afraid of their hell fire anymore. The holy spirit that struck actor Ananias and actress Sapphira dead when they sinned against it. grin

1 Like

Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by analice107: 9:29pm On Jun 11, 2017
realmindz:

That will be in your Islam where men are alphas and women are slaves. That doesn't apply where i am. Where i am, men belong to their women, as women belong to their men equally. Besides, you are not even a man. You are a twerp.
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by analice107: 9:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
OtemAtum:

However, just free her since people with brains like you and I have gradually normalised gender equality issue which was hated by their unwise yahweh back in those days.

Analice should take note of the bolded and shout 7 Hallaluyah! to nature. grin
Who let the dog out??
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by realmindz: 10:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
analice107:

That will be in your Islam where men are alphas and women are slaves. That doesn't apply where i am. Where i am, men belong to their women, as women belong to their men equally. Besides, you are not even a man. You are a twerp.
My Islam or what did you say? I reject it in jesus name. it is you and your jewish ancestors that will be a muslim

1 Like

Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by OtemAtum: 10:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
analice107:

Who let the dog out??

who? who? Who? Who? grin

Girl, if you ask me eeh... na who I go ask
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by analice107: 10:45pm On Jun 11, 2017
OtemAtum:
who? who? Who? Who? grin
Girl, if you ask me eeh... na who I go ask
Oh God, i don die, Otem dey call me girl. I feel like throwing up. eeeewww.
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by analice107: 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
realmindz:

My Islam or what did you say? I reject it in jesus name. it is you and your jewish ancestors that will be a muslim
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Stupid boy.
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by analice107: 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
realmindz:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Why are you rejecting Islam? You keep defending it. Accept it already.
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by OtemAtum: 12:49am On Jun 12, 2017
analice107:

Oh God, i don die, Otem dey call me girl.
I feel like throwing up. eeeewww.
Who u be? Ain't u a girl? undecided
Oya no vex, woman cheesy
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by irenmwinfo(m): 2:22am On Jun 12, 2017
analice107:

There are many ways to know.

1. The worth of a true prophet is that, he stays within the confines of the Scripture. That's why you see them trying to twist and Summersault scriptures to mean what they want them to mean. It's only those who know the word that can catch them in their deceit.
E.g. The Mulsims have been trying to fix Muhammed in the Bible, but failing each time.

2. The worth of a true prophet is that, he speaks the mind of God. He declares what is relevant to the people, whether by way of rebuke/reprimand or instructions.

3. The worth of a true prophet is that, Whatever he says comes to pass. No guess work, no probability or speculations.

Here is what the Bible says.

The prophet which prophesieth of peace, when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, then shall the prophet be known, that the LORD hath truly sent him.
Jeremiah:28:9

If the Lord has sent him, when he speaks, it shall come to pass.

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
Deuteronomy:18:22

Many who call themselves prophets today, wait for an event to occur before they begin to claim they prophesied it.

Prophets who quote phone numbers and account numbers are obviously fake. God is angry with Men today, but how many of these prophets can declare that to these men?

Lies, lies and plenty of lies, as prophesied by the Master.

why do people speak against some men of God of false fully using diabolical powers in healings and performing miracles. Take for instance the likes of Prophet TB Joshua. Have never seen people without any negativity side talk about this good kind hearted man. He virtually does almost what Jesus Christ do when he came to the earth. He heals, feed people and he's not just a prophet but also a teacher. Now would u tell me men like him might be a false prophet ? Or what is the fate of those speaking negativity about him. Have they committed blasphemy against the holy spirit through blasphemous character of depriving the holy spirit ? Please react to this comment thanks
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by analice107: 9:57am On Jun 12, 2017
irenmwinfo:
why do people speak against some men of God of false fully using diabolical powers in healings and performing miracles. Take for instance the likes of Prophet TB Joshua. Have never seen people without any negativity side talk about this good kind hearted man. He virtually does almost what Jesus Christ do when he came to the earth. He heals, feed people and he's not just a prophet but also a teacher. Now would u tell me men like him might be a false prophet ? Or what is the fate of those speaking negativity about him. Have they committed blasphemy against the holy spirit through blasphemous character of depriving the holy spirit ? Please react to this comment thanks
My dear, it's wrong and ungodly for us to mention names. Lets discuss issues and not characters.
Lets look at what the Bible says about these things then allow the scriptures appraise the activities of individuals.

I promise to return to this as my ba3 is out now.
God bless.
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by analice107: 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2017
irenmwinfo:
Okay lets address some issues in your post.

1. You mentioned TBJoshua as a case study, so lets use him. I don't know how long you have been following him, but i started following him when they had not had a roof over their church. It was an open space, with few benches. the floor was dusty which they use water to stem the dust. It wasn't cemented.

The only thing which demarcated his alter from the congregation was a chain. then later wooden pillars and zinc over it.

I knew him when he was still carrying very bushy hair and unkempt beards. I knew him when he just came to Lagos from his state. I don't know how much of the Word you know, but his methods to me, judging by the Word, are outlandish.

For instance. A girl came confessing of being possessed with a demon which makes her have sex with men, collect their sperms and delivers to her spiritual demons as points of contacts to make the men impotent and the likes. She confessed doing stuff, okay, but Instead of facing the demon using this girl as a host by casting it out of her, and freeing her from bondage, he commanded the Holy Ghost Fire to burn her private part. He commanded the Holy Ghost to inflict her private part with pain as hot as pepper. This girl went wild with screaming and rolling on the floor, at a point her wrapper went off.

I watched so many of those stuff which are not consistent with the character of the Holy Spirit.
I made up mind to stop watching his programmes. Jesus does not and never did torment anyone for being used by demons.

Lol@He almost did what Jesus did. Have you ever taken someone sick to TBJoshua? Guy, i have met with many. leave what you see on TV, a lot is going on behind the scene, but that's not the point here.

The Lord never tormented anyone whom he healed or delivered from satanic oppressions. TBJ's ways are hardly the ways of the Master, but that's my opinion, and, who am i?

Talking about Generosity, Generosity is not a mark of a true Christian. The Apostle Paul in 1Cor 13:3 says;

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Generosity without a corresponding love for Christ is not equals holiness. Satan is generous to those who worship him after all. Soooo many pagans are more generous so pls.

Again, TBJ is sinning against God or rather is receiving his rewards from the commendation you his flock are giving to him. The Lord enjoined His followers to keep secret everything they do for the poor. Why is he publicizing what he does for the people? Where did he see that?

Do you know what Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is doing for the people? Do you know what Bishop Oyedepo is doing for the people?, Why aren't they broadcasting it?
Do you know why he is broadcasting everything?
He needs your approval, He needs you to look away from the real issues and dwell on the flimsy. He wants acceptability through generosity. It doesn't count bros.

The Lord says, when you give, do it in secret. let the left hand not know what the right hand is giving. Why then is he shouting about it on global TV? Na only am dey give?

Now, talking about blasphemy and if those speaking against him are blaspheming. No, they are not.
The Master enjoins us to test all Spirits and see if they are of the Lord.

So many are parading with the spirit of divination calling themselves prophets, and it takes the Holy Spirit and judging their activities by the word of God to know.

If their activities are juxtaposed side by side the word of God, will they stand the scrutiny? The Bible says everything we do now shall be tested by fire, won't the fire of the word burn off these activities?

If i asked you the difference between the Spirit of divination and the spirit of Prophecy, will you know? If you do, pls give me an example.

And, Apostle Paul a younger person to Apst Peter in all things rebuked Peter when Peter did what was wrong.

The Bible enjoins us to rebuke wrong doings, but be sure the person is indeed wrong.

Open rebuke is better than secret love.

Too many scriptures, so i decided not to quote.

Thanks.
Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by analice107: 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2017
OtemAtum:
Who u be? Ain't u a girl? undecided Oya no vex, woman cheesy
Otem you are not a human being, you are a do.g. Don't you ever address me, ever.

2 Likes

Re: I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars by urheme: 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2017
analice107:

Thanks dear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biography Of Kathryn Kuhlman / Meet Nigeria's Longest Serving Missionary Rev.fr. Angus Fraser / The Reformed Ogboni Fraternity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.