Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,148 members, 7,807,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 (33965 Views)

4 Beautiful Places You Should Visit In Africa In Your Lifetime / Tourist Attraction Sites In Anambra.. Places You Should Visit / 5 Places In Nigeria You Should Visit In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by Rhoteabarca(m): 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
Team born and bred in Ibadan. Premier university product! I love Ibadan. #Great

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by Kfed4ril(m): 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
thebadmus:
see hater, how many star is it?

Do you know what a 5 star hotel is?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
na them them "BROWN ROOFERS"

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by Kfed4ril(m): 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2017
solz23:
Bro you story doesn't add up.Served at Ibadan last year,they have the worst meal,smelling/irritating palm oil,and could be very hostile,small thing them go call you omo Igbo, highest sense of ethnic bigotry. Transportation is quite cheap though, but you must get change if not,forget it...

True..... I served in Oyo town too, but I frequent Ibadan well
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 11:14pm On Jun 11, 2017
na them them "BROWN ROOFERS"
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by Kfed4ril(m): 11:15pm On Jun 11, 2017
omokab:
you could hv ask the mumu if he knows where premier hotel is located not to talk of its structure. They put sentiment in everything they are doing.

Bro no vex, do you know what a 5 star hotel is?

I will send you my pic of me swimming in premier hotel last two months after you answer my question.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by whodeyhere: 11:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
greyboy5000:
Ibadan is surely beautiful than most people here think it is
And it has a lot of diversity than most people think
Ibadan have more hausa population than most cities in the southeast mostly in bodija akinyele ojo ringroad sabo area
Ibadan also have a large ibo population mosyly in dudge eleyele ring road area
Ibadan also have a large number of people from today's Edo and delta state because Ibadan was the capital of western region when those state were part of it
Ibadan have 11 local government
Ibadan supply a large percent of biscuits eaten across Nigeria largely due to the location of Yale and ok busciuts in Ibadan
Ibadan also house many other factories like P&G, British American tobacco, Nigerian bewerries, Nigerian botteling company among others

Original ibadan guy spotted, God bless you bro.

Proudly Ibadan guy anyday!!!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by Kfed4ril(m): 11:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
Gotze1:
Seriously, I am disappointed in you as a graduate you claim. I served in Igbo land, but couldn't eat any of your food cos it looks disgusting. Especially akpu, the way is smells gave me sickness. You said they call you omo Igbo, what do you want me to do, cos they do call me omo Yoruba and I don't count it cos it is normal. When they call omo Yoruba, I call them omo Igbo and we will all laugh. So what is the big deal? or you want them to call you omo Hausa in?

In your life don't ever compare Yoruba food to Igbo food, them no be mate.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by tunezvic(m): 11:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
Did my youth service in ibadan and I just fell in love with the city I really enjoyed my stay in ibadan if not for unavailability of employment. I will choose ibadan over any city in Nigeria any day... Everything must not be about the brown roof. There many nice environment you can stay in ibadan and enjoy life.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by tunezvic(m): 11:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
Did my youth service in ibadan and I fell in love with the city I really enjoyed my stay in ibadan if not for unavailability of employment. I will choose ibadan over any city in Nigeria any day... Everything must not be about the brown roof. There many nice environment you can stay in ibadan and enjoy life.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2017
NifemiOlu:
Lol. You mean the same Ibadan that robbers plunged into my brother's apartment and carted away with laptops and vital documents. Police came and offered him advice on how to be a good boy; that since he's working he can get another one. Worse off all, they requested for transportation fare back to their station.

Sorry about your brother's ordeal, but really that can happen to anyone in any part of the country.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by Climax11: 11:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
deturla:
Ibadan, popularly referred to as the city of brown roofs, embodies an ample mix of history and modern adventure that presents both indigenes and foreigners a huge wealth of experience. Aside from its peaceful ambiance and serene nature, Ibadan is a famous and great city in Nigeria. It is home to many commercial establishments and business organizations and the city is continuously expanding. Jumia shared below 5 reasons why you should visit Ibadan in 2017:

1 Ibadan is the third cheapest city to live in Nigeria

According to a recent study carried out in Nigeria, it was discovered that Ibadan is the third cheapest city to live in after Ikot Ekpene and Aba. The standard of living in Ibadan is generally low and as such, people can live conveniently on a salary of N50,000. Unlike in Lagos State where people spend a lot of money commuting to work daily, the cost of transportation in Ibadan is unbelievably affordable. Commuters pay as low as N50 to get to a far destination, a situation which is not possible in Lagos and many other states.

2 Ibadan is home to very affordable luxury hotels in Nigeria

The city of Ibadan has a plethora of affordable hotels ranging from luxury five star hotels to regular hotels. The room rates of hotels in Ibadan are unbelievably affordable when compared to hotels in Lagos. For instance, Premier Hotel, a five star hotel in Ibadan has room rates starting from less than NGN 20,000 where as a similar five star hotel in Lagos have room rates starting from NGN 50,000 and above.

3 Ibadan has a place in the history of Africa

Historically, the city of Ibadan is a place to be reckoned with. It is notable for being the largest city in West Africa. Asides its large land mass, it also houses the first sky scrapper in the whole of Africa. Cocoa House, a building towering above a height of 100metres is the first tall urban building in the African continent. Formerly referred to as “Ile Awon Agbe” (meaning house of farmers), the modest 24 storey high-rise building is a major landmark in Ibadan. Furthermore, during the middle of the eighteenth century, Ibadan rose to prominence as the presiding military power house in southwest Nigeria. The city of Ibadan is also the site of one of the first universities in sub-Saharan Africa. The University of Ibadan is the first university in Nigeria as well.

4 The people of Ibadan are very hospitable

The people of Ibadan are one of the most hospitable people in Nigeria. They are usually warm and cordial to people and they receive guests with open hands. As such, if you are looking for a new place to go on tourism in Nigeria, you will never go wrong with Ibadan. To a large extent, the Ibadan spirit of hospitality has everyone stuck there. People live harmoniously with each other with quarrels hardly ever arising.

5 Ibadan is home to the tastiest indigenous meals in Southwestern Nigeria

The Ibadan people are notable for being the best at preparing “amala and ewedu”, one of the most popular Yoruba meal. Amala and Ewedu is a very important meal in southwest Nigeria. In fact, it is often described as one of the tourist attractions found in the city of Ibadan. It is a super spicy delicacy that is served in all traditional functions in the city. One of the major benefits of this meal is its very healthy nature. Nutritionists assert that the combination of Amala and Ewedu contains vitamins, minerals and fiber that will protect the body from degenerative terminal diseases. In summary, Amala and Ewedu is a “super” meal. Words are not enough to describe how amazing this meal taste. I will suggest you book the next flight or board the next bus and head to the city of Ibadan to have a feel of this super meal yourself.

cc:Mynd44
lalasticlala
http://deedeesblog.com/5-reasons-why-you-should-visit-ibadan-2017/

I just experienced culture shock at the sight of this so called tastiest meal. I nearly threw up

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by vannessa7(f): 11:48pm On Jun 11, 2017
proudly Ibadan, gladly Yoruba, most people running their mouth here are from one backside of nowhere with nothing to show, Ibadan keep expanding because when you get there you don't want to leave, you want to build there or stay. it's worth checking out take my word for it

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 11, 2017
Eastatlantaniqqa:
na them them
"BROWN ROOFERS"

Pessin wey get head no get hat.

I'll give almost anything to be looking at this view right now angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5482082_ibadanhouses1_jpeg55fab351e2ff662a5a5ac770350c0c80

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by maysimsimple(m): 11:52pm On Jun 11, 2017
Yea, had the same experience few years ago in IB, I spent 6 yrs in d city... A great place to unwind. .

hor=NifemiOlu post=57425848]Lol. You mean the same Ibadan that robbers plunged into my brother's apartment and carted away with laptops and vital documents. Police came and offered him advice on how to be a good boy; that since he's working he can get another one. Worse off all, they requested for transportation fare back to their station.[/quote]
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by maysimsimple(m): 11:53pm On Jun 11, 2017
Quite right bro..

author=Femich18 post=57425916]Ibadan is a nice city....i was in Ibadan 2months ago where I spent over 3weeks... I. love the terrain just like Lagos....I don't mind settling down in IB if I see a good paying job [/quote]
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by maysimsimple(m): 11:55pm On Jun 11, 2017
I know there.... Beside first bank

hor=dangotesmummy post=57426013] 08077339903.this is your number?

I'm in Paris bakery in ringroad Ibadan at the moment. Come and meet me[/quote]
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 11, 2017
seniorkachion:

Bunch of lies. Nobody will call you omo Yoruba in the SE except your own people. Very few people in the SE can utter one syllable of yoruba word. You have never been to SE.
guy I served in isisioma lg in abia state and through out my stay their they call me yoruba boy and my akwa ibom counterpart was called calabar boy
So stop this shit now

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by daamazing(m): 12:02am On Jun 12, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Pessin wey get head no get hat.

I'll give almost anything to be looking at this view right now angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5482082_ibadanhouses1_jpeg55fab351e2ff662a5a5ac770350c0c80
sir, gimme any of your bikes and I'll call my Baba to prepare the potion(appear and disappear) for you. grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by vannessa7(f): 12:08am On Jun 12, 2017
Kfed4ril:

In your life don't ever compare Yoruba food to Igbo food, them no be mate.

in your mind, only you and your igbo people believe and delude your self that your smelly akpu and neusating baby poo soup is the best food in the whole world , your people take pride in shouting brown roof and ofe nmanu everyday, to insult and call out people not minding if you ostracize or hurt them is your stock in trade, but we all know that empty barrel always make the loudest noise, I have been to several part of the east and apart from state capital every other place is a village in the forest but you come here and make mouth because nobody visits your place and discovered that compare to your land, brown roof is like paradise, and there are many Ibo people in Ibadan, they are there because they know it's better than the hell hole where they come from.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 12, 2017
daamazing:
sir, gimme any of your bikes and I'll call my Baba to prepare the potion(appear and disappear) for you. grin

Is that so? grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 12, 2017
Kfed4ril:

True..... I served in Oyo town too, but I frequent Ibadan well
really!
I will have taken you for free to notting less than five Igbo restaurant in salvation army dugbe area alone where you can eat your made in heaven ibo food
And if you are not comfortable living among yorubas, I will taken to a area called ologunerun where you will think you are in Enugu cause their so many of your bro in that area
That is if you truely know Ibadan
Yes that is how diverse Ibadan is

And fun fact
Premier hotel is not among the top five hotels in Ibadan and yes it has a swimming pool
and since you claim you know five star hotel
Can you kindly list what those star represent

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 12, 2017
vannessa7:

in your mind, only you and your igbo people believe and delude your self that your smelly akpu and neusating baby poo soup is the best food in the whole world , your people take pride in shouting brown roof and ofe nmanu everyday, to insult and call out people not minding if you ostracize or hurt them is your stock in trade, but we all know that empty barrel always make the loudest noise, I have been to several part of the east and apart from state capital every other place is a village in the forest but you come here and make mouth because nobody visits your place and discovered that compare to your land, brown roof is like paradise, and there are many Ibo people in Ibadan, they are there because they know it's better than the hell hole where they come from.
my sister I have been to all the eastern state apart from eboyin
But here is a detail summary of sbia where I stayed for over a year
Abia; good place for business most especially aba
The most dirtiest place I ever seen, poorly planned, bad roads with out drainage, and very few development project thanks to years of neglect by T. Orgi

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by laurel03(m): 12:25am On Jun 12, 2017
lereinter:

how many ibadan jobs will offer u 50,000
that go be telecommunication or bank
a lot of organisations that pay wella in ibadan IITA pay some staffs in dollars, p&g, British American Tobacco, Coca-Cola, Nigeria brewery,7up, Nnpc, Uch pay wella, fan milk, many federal work Nihort, crin, Niser, frin, higher institutions in ibadan alone is more than 10 etc uncountable organisation. more than 20 radio station in ibadan now.. aside Lagos which town get up to dt fm station in Nigeria??

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by plus7(m): 12:26am On Jun 12, 2017
No 2 though......I choose not to agree
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by tosinjay(m): 12:27am On Jun 12, 2017
Premier hotel five star? I doubt that, even four star e no near sef.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by ireneidiva(f): 12:29am On Jun 12, 2017
greyboy5000:
my sister I have been to all the eastern state apart from eboyin
But here is a detail summary of sbia where I stayed for over a year
Abia; good place for business most especially aba
The most dirtiest place I ever seen, poorly planned, bad roads with out drainage, and very few development project thanks to years of neglect by T. Orgi

What is 'eboyin'?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by tosinjay(m): 12:36am On Jun 12, 2017
Oxtonguy:
Ibadan got nice recreational destinations wink
Are you sure this is ibadan?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by mcpat(m): 12:52am On Jun 12, 2017
Five star hotel in Ibadan ke. There are only 2 five star hotels in Nigeria. Except they have been a recent review.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by bobnatlo(m): 12:53am On Jun 12, 2017
Jiang:
I think Bauchi state is the cheapest place to live in Nigeria. Not only is thier constant light & water, transportation & housing is extremely cheap, even if your salary is 19k you will feel like a Big man

Bapchi what!!!
Were will a none indigene live there.
Is in yelwa slum??
Any other place ur life and investments are not safe. Yeye town
Damm too hostile to strangers
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by bobnatlo(m): 12:58am On Jun 12, 2017
natznext:

Have you ever visited Ibadan? You seem to know nothing about Ibadan

Haba Broosss
Must u quote everything to make ur two sentence comment. Mtcheeew
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 by bobnatlo(m): 1:00am On Jun 12, 2017
[quote author=Oxtonguy post=57428266]Ibadan got nice recreational destinations wink[/quote

Wettin!!!!!
This pics no be Agodi Garden jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Investors Arrive Ibeno Tourist Beach, Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Terrible Accident Along Aba-Port Harcourt Road(photos) / Driver, Passengers Killed In Fatal Accident In Aba, Abia State. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.