Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,037 members, 7,807,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Obama Wore The Same Jacket For 8years - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Wore The Same Jacket For 8years (671 Views)

Saudi Arabia Investigates Woman Who Wore Miniskirt In Public (picture/video) / Barack Obama Wore The Same Tux All Through His 8 Year Presidency / UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Wore The Same Jacket For 8years by thinkmoney(m): 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2017
Michelle Obama reveals husband wore same tuxedo for eight years but no one noticed
'No matter what we do, he puts on that same tux,' says former First Lady
Barack Obama ’s dress sense was neither adventurous nor outlandish but it still garnered its fair share of admirers. Dubbed the most well-dressed President since John F Kennedy, Mr Obama arguably knew how to dress for every occasion.
While he was comfortable donning a classic black tuxedo for formal galas, he was equally comfortable in his infamous “mom jeans” and windbreakers for downtime. Sported on the 2008 campaign trail and at an MLB All-Star Game, the loose-fitting, stonewashed 80's style jeans were something of a signature look for the Chicago native.
Nevertheless, it has now emerged Mr Obama was putting in less time and energy than it appeared into his aesthetic. Michelle Obama has revealed her husband liked his tuxedo jacket so much he wore it for the eight whole years of his presidency.
The former First Lady explained that while her outfits were scrupulously scrutinised at all times, her husband managed to get away with wearing the same suit jacket for both terms in the White House.
“This is the unfair thing - you talk about Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers - no matter what we do, he puts on that same tux,” Ms Obama explained during an appearance at Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference on Tuesday.
“Now, people take pictures of the shoes I wear, the bracelets, the necklace - they didn’t comment that for eight years he wore the same tux, same shoes.”
Michelle Obama as the First Lady
“And he was proud of it too. He’s like, ‘Mmm, I’m ready. I’m ready in 10 minutes. How long did it take you?’ I’m like, ‘Get out of here.’”
Ms Obama, who was called a style icon and a taste-maker during her time as First Lady, also revealed the anecdote behind the somewhat iconic photo of her gently altering Mr Obama’s bow tie just before he greeted Chinese President Xi Jinping and wife Peng Liyuan at the White House during a state visit in September 2015.
“We walk and in front of us are about 100 press people,” she recalled.
“So we’re standing there waiting for the cars to roll in and I was bored. So I sort of thought, let me make sure my husband looks good”.
Mr Obama has been equally as adored for his dress sense since leaving the White House in January, with many heaping praise on his backwards baseball hat on holiday and his brown leather jacket leaving the National Gallery of Art in Washington DC.
Reflecting upon life after he left the White House last May, he said: “I can wear my mom jeans in peace. I hate these tight jeans.”

Re: Obama Wore The Same Jacket For 8years by NwaAmaikpe: 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
Same as Osibanjo..

Dude has worn that black caftan since May 29, 2015.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Wore The Same Jacket For 8years by odiereke(m): 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2017
It is about who is involved.
Re: Obama Wore The Same Jacket For 8years by divinehand2003(m): 6:09pm On Jun 11, 2017
As long as it's clean, who the hell gives a hoot
Re: Obama Wore The Same Jacket For 8years by subtlemee(f): 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2017
Should I believe this? What kind of material is it made of that the wear and tear of laundry didn't affect it or was it not also laundered for 8yrs?
Re: Obama Wore The Same Jacket For 8years by Jafar1: 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
must be wearing it once in 6 months
Re: Obama Wore The Same Jacket For 8years by Nutase: 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2017
'Sauce'
Re: Obama Wore The Same Jacket For 8years by gratefulheart(m): 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2017
You don't wear tuxedo everyday. It's an occasional dress and have had mine for 10years and still look as new.

subtlemee:
Should I believe this? What kind of material is it made of that the wear and tear of laundry didn't affect it or was it not also laundered for 8yrs?
Re: Obama Wore The Same Jacket For 8years by Shiitposter: 7:50pm On Jun 11, 2017
Knowing how advanced American's are, that jacket is probably has the latest security upgrade embedded in it and is also bulletproof

(1) (Reply)

Top Richest Presidents In Africa 2017, Angola Tops With $20 Billion / See This Taxi Bus Rules In South Africa (photos) / Us Vs China..... Next Nuke War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.