Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,411 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday (34573 Views)

FG Declares June 12 Public Holiday, To Mark Democracy Day / Lagos Declares State Of Emergency On Bad Roads Across The State - Photos / FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
subtlemee:
All the states should join na so somebody can just relax small at home, mbok
No they wouldn't join
Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by Alariwo2: 10:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
should I drop my whatsapp digits?

No.. drop your facebook id
Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by Mcowubaba: 10:22pm On Jun 11, 2017
simplycarro:

Nice one, you practice your own bigotry and tribalism hiding under some finesse and style
But you are still a closet bigot

bigotry
ˈbɪɡətri/
noun
noun: bigotry; plural noun: bigotries
intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself.

"the difficulties of combating prejudice and bigotry"

synonyms: prejudice, bias, partiality, partisanship, sectarianism, discrimination, unfairness, injustice

Please what's bigoted about my Post undecided
Kindly educate me.

The summary of what I said is that Yorubas have a Significant population of Muslims, and this is NOT bad..
I said that clearly, or didn't you see it undecided

Then I said, Igbos don't have a significant number of either Muslims or Judaism believers..

Pls, what is the lie or bigoted statements about this undecided
Is there any lie in what I said.....

You're a renowned bigoted fellow here, you are looking for who to drag along with you...

I will appreciate if you can bring out any comment or thread where I insulted any Tribe ? Especially Yoruba people

With an exception when,
I had some altercation with an Akwa Ibom person, who was cursing on Igbo girls, I had to respond to him...
That's my only bigoted comment on Nairaland since 2013......

I'm the least bigoted person you know, believe me.....
I have no problem with Tribes..

I only have problems with the characters/behavior of people

I'm not here to start the usual talk of "I have many Yoruba friends, Yoruba neighbors, bla bla bla"...

Just know that I don't EVER insult Yoruba people unlike you who spend your day cursing Igbo people

I await any evidence of bigotry or tribalism from me...
Don't run away oooo

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 11, 2017
SHAKABOOM:
Nna men Delta,anambra and other states shuld join dem na sad
Until it's declared at the federal level, those states wouldn't join
Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by subtlemee(f): 10:23pm On Jun 11, 2017
Alariwo2:

sha be careful, don't rush and spread your tighs for him like some senseless ones here

I'm very sure he has like 100 monikers he woos girls with using that same line.
Shine your eyes baby

I love making friends doesn't mean it all ends in sex or we must meet..there are more and better benefits of friendship, cos I followed you to play around doesn't mean you should run another down cos we all aren't perfect either

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
Alariwo2:

[s]

sha be careful, don't rush and spread your tighs for him like some senseless ones here

I'm very sure he has like 100 monikers he woos girls with using that same line.
Shine your eyes baby [/s]
Sharap there. Ugly afonja

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by samkay3g(m): 10:25pm On Jun 11, 2017
wen are we sending this flattrons to the land of the rising criminals

they should just vacate south west for us

don't forget to carry ur iheanacho, iwobi and ndidi... infact we dash una the super eagles plus the coach

1 Like

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by Alariwo2: 10:25pm On Jun 11, 2017
subtlemee:

I love making friends doesn't mean it all ends in sex or we must meet..there are more and better benefits of friendship, cos I followed you to play around doesn't mean you should run another down cos we all aren't perfect either

Ahhhh you haff vex grin

pele.. oya goan answer you prince charming.. but don't say I didn't warn you
Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by SHAKABOOM: 10:26pm On Jun 11, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Until it's declared at the federal level, those states wouldn't join
Wot shuld we call that day?Nigerian cowards day..A day the richest man in nigeria was flogged to death by his masters grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by simplycarro: 10:27pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mcowubaba:

bigotry
ˈbɪɡətri/
noun
noun: bigotry; plural noun: bigotries
intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself.

"the difficulties of combating prejudice and bigotry"

synonyms: prejudice, bias, partiality, partisanship, sectarianism, discrimination, unfairness, injustice

Please what's bigoted about my Post undecided
Kindly educate me.

The summary of what I said is that Yorubas have a Significant population of Muslims, and this is NOT bad..
I said that clearly, or didn't you see it undecided

Then I said, Igbos don't have a significant number of either Muslims or Judaism believers..

Pls, what is the lie or bigoted statements about this undecided
Is there any lie in what I said.....

You're a renowned bigoted fellow here, you are looking for who to drag along with you...

I will appreciate if you can bring out any comment or thread where I insulted any Tribe ? Especially Yoruba people

With a exception when,
I had some altercation with an Akwa Ibom person, who was cursing on Igbo girls, I had to respond to him...
That's my only bigoted comment on Nairaland since 2013......

I'm the least bigoted person you know, believe me.....
I have no problem with Tribes..

I only have problems with the characters/behavior of people

I'm not here to start the usual talk of "I have many Yoruba friends, Yoruba neighbors, bla bla bla"...

Just know that I don't EVER insult Yoruba people unlike you who spend your day cursing Igbo people

Will you keep quiet!!! Keep your useless epistle in color for those that don't know or can't discern your subtle bigotry and tribalism! Dont let me go that route with you of else..
Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 10:27pm On Jun 11, 2017
SHAKABOOM:

An roaming donkey? shocked tiiaaauuoon!abasi mbong son son bomobo tutu mboro grin

hahahahaha, see this hybrid goat, Yha I made a mistake, I am human bhro... but look at you this cross breeded goat, you are laughing at my mistake and then bleating like the goat u are while attempting to talk.

dafuk is "Abasi mbong son son bomodo tutu mboro" some weird goat bleating lingua ?
I thought as much, just take out "Abasi" from it and keep on bleating..
Ebod Ibom Unegher.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 11, 2017
SHAKABOOM:

Wot shuld we call that day?Nigerian cowards day..A day the richest man in nigeria was flogged to death by his masters grin
Hahaaaaaaaa

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by subtlemee(f): 10:29pm On Jun 11, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
should I drop my whatsapp digits?

No, thanks
Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by Alariwo2: 10:29pm On Jun 11, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
Sharap there. Ugly afonja

E pain am.. pussy smasher ranu

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 11, 2017
Alariwo2:

Go and eat shi.t.. Yorubas rock!
oga I'm not Tinubu's puppet like you and the rest of the Afonjas who have all pledged loyalty to the North.. So stop prowling me.
Thunder will still fire this APC government.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by Mourinho24: 10:33pm On Jun 11, 2017
metroparrot:
The Lagos State Government on Sunday declared Monday public holiday to mark June 12 celebration in the State, saying that the State remains committed to the ideals of the annulled 1993 Presidential election.

In a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Mr Tunji Bello on behalf of the State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode, the government said the holiday was in honour of the ideals which June 12, 1993 Presidential election represents being a day that the country experienced an election that was adjudged as the freest and fairest in Nigeria’s history.

The Governor said 24 years after, the ideals of June 12 commemoration were worth celebrating, describing the day as one of the most defining moments of the country’s political history which has positively shaped its democratic rule.

Governor Ambode said the time has come for Nigerians to go beyond the commemoration and entrench a viable democracy as a way to immortalise the late presumed winner of June 12, 1993 Presidential election, Chief M.K.O Abiola through the practice of true federalism and conduct of credible and fair elections.

He said: "June 12, 1993 is a day we must not forget in the annals of our democratic history. Our present democratic experience may still be far from the ideal but we must all make concerted efforts to entrench fiscal federalism which is the only way to achieve true nationhood.”

Continuing, Governor Ambode said part of the enduring lessons of June 12 election is that it imbued the patriotic and nationalistic zeal in all Nigerians to speak with one voice to make a political choice devoid of ethnic, racial or social sentiments.

“On June 12, 1993, majority of Nigerians across all divides demonstrated through the ballot box that irrespective of class or ethnic sympathies, the Nigerian people are united and would always join hands to promote our unifying values,” he said.

Governor Ambode said though the peoples’ hope was dashed with the annulment of the elections by the military junta, the lessons of the elections cannot be wished away despite subterranean efforts by many to do, describing June 12 as the real Democracy Day in Nigeria.

“We owe it a duty to genuinely immortalize the fallen heroes of the June 12 struggle nationally and deepen our democratic values to ensure that never again will such anti-people action be allowed to take place”.

He also assured that his administration remains committed to the ideals of June 12 by carrying out people-oriented programmes across the State and making life more comfortable for the people.

Meanwhile, the State Government, through the office of Civic Engagement, has perfected arrangement for the annual public symposium which will hold at the De Roof, LTV 8 in Ikeja, to celebrate June 12.

SIGNED
TUNJI BELLO
SECRETARY TO THE STATE GOVERNMENT
JUNE 11, 2017

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/06/lagos-declares-june-12-as-public-holiday.html

Abeg name una help me with the meaning of these names
lalalstica, op, afonja etc. The terms dey confuse me oh

I have been here since last year.
Thanks
Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by FunkyAlhaji2015: 10:33pm On Jun 11, 2017
Fabulocity:
If I hear! grin Work still dey for me tomorrow cry
This announcement no cover those wey dey work for Allen avenue ooo. Go work
Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by Mcowubaba: 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2017
simplycarro:

Will you keep quiet!!! Keep your useless epistle in color for those that don't know or can't discern your subtle bigotry and tribalism! Dont let me go that route with you of else..
Nonsense
Oga stop ranting...
I'm very active on Nairaland..
If I'm a bigot (subtle or not), I will be popular for that..
And you can easily bring out my bigoted comments or tribalism...
My profile and posts are at your service.....
Stop ranting, go and bring out evidence wink

On the other hand, you're a hard-core Igbo hater, a hypocrite and a bloody renowned bigoted Tribalist...

If you post 20x in a day on Nairaland, 19x is about degrading Igbo people... A quick search on your profile can show that cheesy

All your Topics are about Igbo people grin grin
Oga last last, na Igbo matter go give you Cardiac arrest grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by taylor88(m): 10:35pm On Jun 11, 2017
subtlemee:

love ur dp

1 Like

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by SHAKABOOM: 10:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

hahahahaha, see this hybrid goat, Yha I made a mistake, I am human bhro... but look at you this cross breeded goat, you are laughing at my mistake and then bleating like the goat u are while attempting to talk.

dafuk is "Abasi mbong son son bomodo tutu mboro" some weird goat bleating lingua ?
I thought as much, just take out "Abasi" from it and keep on bleating..
Ebod Ibom Unegher.
Ashanna mumu owu ikeyong akum ntoronto ayaya..meaning you are a smelling pig cunt cheesy
Go skool una nogo gree go skool.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by Okies27(m): 10:40pm On Jun 11, 2017
metroparrot:
The Lagos State Government on Sunday declared Monday public holiday to mark June 12 celebration in the State, saying that the State remains committed to the ideals of the annulled 1993 Presidential election.

In a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Mr Tunji Bello on behalf of the State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode, the government said the holiday was in honour of the ideals which June 12, 1993 Presidential election represents being a day that the country experienced an election that was adjudged as the freest and fairest in Nigeria’s history.

The Governor said 24 years after, the ideals of June 12 commemoration were worth celebrating, describing the day as one of the most defining moments of the country’s political history which has positively shaped its democratic rule.

Governor Ambode said the time has come for Nigerians to go beyond the commemoration and entrench a viable democracy as a way to immortalise the late presumed winner of June 12, 1993 Presidential election, Chief M.K.O Abiola through the practice of true federalism and conduct of credible and fair elections.

He said: "June 12, 1993 is a day we must not forget in the annals of our democratic history. Our present democratic experience may still be far from the ideal but we must all make concerted efforts to entrench fiscal federalism which is the only way to achieve true nationhood.”

Continuing, Governor Ambode said part of the enduring lessons of June 12 election is that it imbued the patriotic and nationalistic zeal in all Nigerians to speak with one voice to make a political choice devoid of ethnic, racial or social sentiments.

“On June 12, 1993, majority of Nigerians across all divides demonstrated through the ballot box that irrespective of class or ethnic sympathies, the Nigerian people are united and would always join hands to promote our unifying values,” he said.

Governor Ambode said though the peoples’ hope was dashed with the annulment of the elections by the military junta, the lessons of the elections cannot be wished away despite subterranean efforts by many to do, describing June 12 as the real Democracy Day in Nigeria.

“We owe it a duty to genuinely immortalize the fallen heroes of the June 12 struggle nationally and deepen our democratic values to ensure that never again will such anti-people action be allowed to take place”.

He also assured that his administration remains committed to the ideals of June 12 by carrying out people-oriented programmes across the State and making life more comfortable for the people.

Meanwhile, the State Government, through the office of Civic Engagement, has perfected arrangement for the annual public symposium which will hold at the De Roof, LTV 8 in Ikeja, to celebrate June 12.

SIGNED
TUNJI BELLO
JUNE 11, 2017

. Lagos state declaring June 12 as public holiday is wrong and against the Democratic system. Very soon they declare will their own country cos this isn't different from those seeking their own sovereign state.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by simplycarro: 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Oga stop ranting...
I'm very active on Nairaland..
If I'm a bigot (subtle or not), I will be popular for that..
And you can easily bring out my bigoted comments or tribalism...
My profile and posts are at your service.....
Stop ranting, go and bring out evidence wink

On the other hand, you're a hard-core Igbo hater, a hypocrite and a bloody renowned bigoted Tribalist...

If you post 20x in a day on Nairaland, 19x is about degrading Igbo people... A quick search on your profile can show that cheesy

All your Topics are about Igbo people grin grin
Oga last last, na Igbo matter go give you Cardiac arrest grin

Yes i hate biafrans admittedly but in your case like most igbos you never admit your hatred for yorubas
You love denying what you are gulity of us just like you denied the Jan 66 as been an igbo coup but northerners had no qualms to take responsibility for the july 66 coup.
For once own up and act like real men.
I wear my own tribalism as a badge, not denying but ibo will deny

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by taylor88(m): 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
subtlemee:

where u from
Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by jstbeinhonest(m): 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Which 1 be Igbo Jews, which 1 be Igbo Christian?
grin grin
Una don start another 1, I guess this is in retaliation for the name calling of "Yoruba Muslims"

The funny thing is that the so Called Igbo Jews are really non existent, less than 2% of the Igbo population...

Nnamdi Kanu was the person that made the Religious group more prominent amongst some Igbo people, especially his staunch fellowers.
They all claiming Jewish Religion now..

Note, I'm talking about Jewish religion, not Jewish origin...
In terms of Origin, Igbos have strong roots from the Jewish people (Israelis), but we don't practice Judaism...

On the other hand, Yoruba Muslims have a very significant population in the Yoruba ethnic group...
I believe their numbers should be in Millions...
Being a Muslim is not Bad, provided you're not a Fanatic..
So, no need to be defensive about this!!!

You can't count more than 100,000 Jewish Igbo people
You can't see more than 30,000 Igbo Muslims...

This is not a bigoted or tribal post...
I'm just stating the facts

Your God, Kanu is an Ibo Jew.... Thats all that matters.

Being a Yoruba muslim is not bad, it was a ploy by Ibo posters to divide Yorubas..... and it failed.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by Eberex(m): 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
Nonsense news. It should be, public holiday for Lagos state civil servants. So me wey I dey work for private company go come siddon because Lagos state declared am holiday

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by Okies27(m): 10:49pm On Jun 11, 2017
metroparrot:

SIGNED
TUNJI BELLO
JUNE 11, 2017

. Rubbish, he should declare the state as Federal Republic of Lagos make everybody for rest.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by GameGod(m): 10:50pm On Jun 11, 2017
StarBukola:
what the meaning of this una NCAN?
u wey dey follow mynd like this. Why u left kik sef
Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by SHAKABOOM: 10:50pm On Jun 11, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

deluded goat, if at all u've ever been to the four walls of a school, you would have realised that they don't have "Bleating Subject" in their curriculum.. but then, Am I expecting a sex depraved Castigated goat to know dat ? damnnnnnnn I need to stop paying attention to this goat.. goat.. before, I am reduce to his animal.
Hahahaha! Som Som toronto itororo banza..
Meaning ur MADAS MADA tongue
Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by LordTrezy(m): 10:51pm On Jun 11, 2017
subtlemee:

Ibibio/Efik
your smile is priceless
Re: Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday by princdebola201(m): 10:52pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Which 1 be Igbo Jews, which 1 be Igbo Christian?
grin grin
Una don start another 1, I guess this is in retaliation for the name calling of "Yoruba Muslims"

The funny thing is that the so Called Igbo Jews are really non existent, less than 2% of the Igbo population...

Nnamdi Kanu was the person that made the Religious group more prominent amongst some Igbo people, especially his staunch fellowers.
They all claiming Jewish Religion now..

Note, I'm talking about Jewish religion, not Jewish origin...
In terms of Origin, Igbos have strong roots from the Jewish people (Israelis), but we don't practice Judaism...

On the other hand, Yoruba Muslims have a very significant population in the Yoruba ethnic group...
I believe their numbers should be in Millions...
Being a Muslim is not Bad, provided you're not a Fanatic..
So, no need to be defensive about this!!!

You can't count more than 100,000 Jewish Igbo people
You can't see more than 30,000 Igbo Muslims...

This is not a bigoted or tribal post...
I'm just stating the facts
if u re not a tribalist where re u bothered with my post.
You re only pretending not to be , it would have been more convincing if you quote your brother and type this long epistle to correct him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gov Obiano Hosts Victorious Anambra Schoolgirls. See How Much They Got Each. / Kizz Daniel Apologises, Promises Free Show On Friday (Video) / INEC Reveals Condition For Voting After 2:30pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.