Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website (2220 Views)

The Best Domain Registration And Hosting In Nigeria, Take Control!!! / Credit Card Registration And Login / How To Put A Registration Link On Wapka.mobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by owner(m): 11:38pm On Jan 21, 2010
Hello Nairalander Gurus, I will like to have a Facilities whereby all members on my website can Register on my Website and can be able to Login after registration and also be able to Comment on Post, The Site is already working but no Registration and Login there yet, I will like anyone who can help me do this for Free, or if you can just direct me, What i need and How to go about it, I will be Very Grateful, Anyone who help will be rewarded,
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by DualCore1: 11:51pm On Jan 21, 2010
Cant do it for you for the price you've stated in your post. However you may want to try migrating your site to a CMS like joomla or drupal so you can get this done with Clicks.
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 22, 2010
hit me up on ndonpuzo, lets talk, if u sound nice and join my world of webmasters, i will see what i can do for you,

@Dual lol u dey funny ohhhhh
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 22, 2010
ndonpuzo@yahoo.com the yahoo im is ndonpuzo
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by owner(m): 12:59am On Jan 22, 2010
@ Dual Core: I will like you to do this for me and let me know the Amount you are willing to collect, pls help me cos i dont have much, Please in the name of GOD,
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by DualCore1: 1:35am On Jan 22, 2010
Try a good CMS like drupal or joomla.
I could provide u with any books u need to learn how to use 'em.
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by owner(m): 3:25am On Jan 22, 2010
Please what does this Joomola Works for? Am in a haste to have the login and others on my website,
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by Nobody: 6:17am On Jan 22, 2010
They are Content Management Systems, they make such things easy to incorporate, but, i don't think such is the best option,
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by OmniPotens(m): 2:12pm On Jan 22, 2010
Donpuzo:

They are Content Management Systems, they make such things easy to incorporate, but, i don't think such is the best option,

What makes you think CMS is not the best option? Well, I guess you think hand coding all the time is the better option but whichever you say it is, I will like to know you reason at least for this one you already said above.
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by yawatide(f): 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2010
Granted many on here probably have the hand-written code that could help the poster out in no time, without any clear requirements and given the fact that the poster is in a state of emergency, a CMS IMHO is his best option - Among others, he doesn't have to worry about someone holding his hand to set up the hand-written scripts/setting up a database/tables and he can install a cms on his end with little or not effort thus leaving him with coming up with a cool skin/template.
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by ada89: 5:36pm On Jan 22, 2010
visit http://www.hostingpacific.net for your professional web design services - call 08030993200 or 08056106302 for more details
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 22, 2010
@Omnipotens, why do you think, that i always stress on handcoding? Anyway, maybe i do, cause i believe web 2.0 sites can be build handcoded with the best level of knowledge,

But see, Yawa has a point, since he is at haste, i think Joomla would be best.

Back to Omnipotens, No reasons specifically, just opinion!!!
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by DualCore1: 7:48am On Jan 23, 2010
Donpuzo:

@Omnipotens, why do you think, that i always stress on handcoding? Anyway, maybe i do, cause i believe web 2.0 sites can be build handcoded with the best level of knowledge,

CMS Frameworks, Modules and Plugins are coded with the best standards in the industry.

What this guy wants is as good as a blog. Now, why will anyone start handcoding a wordpress replica when you can use wordpress?

Let handcoding work for you, not the other way around.

Its about time we get the notion off our heads that when you handcode you're a pro, when you don't handcode u're nothing.
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 23, 2010
You are absolutely right Dual, but , most cms are written in conventions that when one want to edit the coding, its quite difficult, like i was chalanged with recoding a cms driven site, and it was written in Traditional XML,

My guy, i had to use brain and HTML experience tackle it, and it took a lottta time to recode and place tags, unlike the handcoding i already do, as in like HTML,

Like when u helped me with coding, i guess if it was hardly driven, it will have taken a lot of skill and care, so as not to make errors, mostly when there are no comments and description placed on the codes,

Don't know how cms works, but some i have seen, the coding have littlee or no comment, and so the lame user, since he aint a coder needs a help of a coder with minor issue most time, So how nice will it br having to beg someone all the time rather than hjave a simplistic approach,

Moreover what the guy whats is a login and register system, what if his host has no Joomla?
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by DualCore1: 9:59am On Jan 24, 2010
I dont use Joomla so i'll speak about Drupal.

There's nothing you cannot incorporate into drupal cms. Drupal lets you fix your own codes anywhere. You can turn an already made drupal theme inside-out if you know your way around CSS and using Firefox's Firebug extension.

Talking about comments, all big CMS frameworks have a very rich community of developers who support it and a very rich API documentation.

Opensource.
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 24, 2010
Ok, But for someone with little or no experiece, using cms, may not really, Just a thought though, but anyways, CMS are really cool and wouldn't mind switching since i already have adequate knowledge of Cascading Style Sheets,
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by DualCore1: 12:48am On Jan 25, 2010
Aight.

Personally, this year I will be using CMS for most stuff. I will only resort to from-the-scratch handcoding if its gun-in-head-ready-to-shoot necessary.

Its good to note though, with CMS I still do pretty much handcoding. I just like the ease. If i'm working around you, you'll hear me say things like "thank God for CMS", "thank God for CSS", "thank God for Firebug" e.t.c.

I am trying to write a few modules for drupal that i'll release to the community soon as theyre tested and working almost flawlessly.
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 25, 2010
Ok sir, will try one of them cms,

Whats is firebug?
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by egift(m): 3:04pm On Jan 26, 2010
Guys! Someone want a simple help and fast, but you people have turned it into a battle field. Easy ooo.

@ Poster:
Go to your frantastico (whatever) and install Joomla, find a very good theme that fits your concept, implement it and customize it (text and graphics). start enjoying it. Before anyone know you are through with a very good site while my colleagues here will be re-inventing the Internet.
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by DualCore1: 8:43pm On Jan 26, 2010
Donpuzo, its a firefox addon. Google it for detailed info.

Egift, we are (even in the weirdest definition of the word) not colleagues.
Re: I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website by Nobody: 2:05am On Jan 28, 2010
@ Dualcore Ok Sir

@Egift, no battle here bro, we are just trying to share knowledge, See, you need to understand shits, and things, The poster already has a site and needs the coding not a theme, So left for me he need php coding wrapped up with Javascript,

(1) (Reply)

This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) / Free Advertising / SMF Forum Design Tutorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.