Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? (65078 Views)

Photos From Folarin Alakija's White Wedding In England / Folarin Alakija Marries Naganin Khosro. Dangote, Aisha Buhari Attend (Pics) / Folarin Alakija To Wed Naganin, An Iranian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by seyopsy1(m): 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2017
His mother is the world's richest black women so it's little surprise that Folarin Alakija's wedding was a lavish, no-expense spared, fairytale affair.
Folarin, who is one of 66-year-old oil tycoon Folorunsho Alakija's four sons, married Iranian beauty Nazanin Jafarian Ghaissarifar in an extravagant bash at Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire over the weekend, which is estimated to have cost around £5m.
The father-of-one, who lost his first wife to cancer, tied the knot to his stunning wife in front of friends, family and celebrities, including Victoria's Secret Angel, Shanina Shaik.

Folarin, an entrepreneur, investor and cinematographer, is the son of Folorunsho, who has an estimated fortune of $2.1 billion. Forbes rank her as the 14th richest woman in Africa and she is number 80 on its Power Women list; she overtook Oprah Winfrey as the richest woman of African descent in the world in 2014.
It is thought the family flew hundreds of close friends and family members over from Nigeria, who were no doubt put up in the lavish hotel for the weekend.
The Woodstock venue, which is the ancestral home of Sir Winston Churchill, was kitted out with one million white roses, a lavish cake decorated with hundreds of ornate white roses and even hosted pop star Robin Thicke at an estimated cost of £150,000.
Wedding planners believe the venue hire was exclusively hired at a cost of £150,000 with the bespoke marquee and marble floor and production costing around £200,000 on top.

According to the venue's website, the cost of hiring the whole venue is on application but hiring just the palace and state rooms costs £33,000.
Searcys are the approved caterer for the Orangery at Blenheim palace and three course meals start at £52 per head - excluding alcohol.
The breathtaking flowers were the work of Jeff Leatham, who is known for his elaborate decorating of the Kardashian's homes.
Bringing over 30 staff members to the UK for the ceremony, Jeff adorned every inch of the venue with copious amounts of roses and white orchids.

Jeff, who can command up to £250,000 for flowers, has worked for Madonna, Oprah and Tina Turner. He was also the man behind the flowers at Eva Longoria and Tony Parker’s wedding.
Guests were also treated to a surprise performance from Blurred Lines singer Robin Thicke, who reportedly costs around £150,000 to hire and would have been flown over from the US, as well as a magnificent firework display in the hotel grounds later in the evening.
Folarin's new wife, who once dated Rob Kardashian, studied Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering at the University of Manchester, has a graduate Diploma in Law and has also worked as a model and marketing consultant.

The new Mrs Alakija has previously featured in a campaign for Monkee Jeans, an organic denim brand, and dated Rob Kardashian in 2013.
She stunned in a traditional strapless white gown with lace embellishment as she was walked down the aisle by her father. She accessorised her look with a dazzling diamond necklace and white Manolo Blahniks.
She later changed into a racier, floor length white gown with sheer panelling. Beaming before her friends and family, she let her hair down as she danced the night away with her new husband and glamorous wedding guests.
The pair became engaged last year and had a traditional Nigerian wedding in Lagos in November.

The cake, which was adorned with hundreds of roses and ornate doves, was created by Elizabeth’s Cake Emporium. Prices start at £300 per tier and Elizabeth's clients include British, European and Middle Eastern Royalty, celebrities and high net worth individuals.
With eight tiers on their cake, the base price would be around £2,400 - and that's excluding the elaborate iced flowers and doves.

Elizabeth is also the only three times winner of The Great Cake Bake, a show which featured the best wedding cake makers in the country.
The event was planned by Sade Awe of The Bridal Circle. Sade’s impeccable taste and selective eye for the exquisite make her a trusted resource for an elite clientele and luxury partners alike so it was little surprise she was called upon.
Hamish Shepard of BrideBook.co.uk, said: 'The preparations and construction of their custom clear marquee, including a bespoke marble floor with their gold initials, would have required up to a week of exclusive hire of the Palace, with the cost of the marquee on top."
'Venue hire would likely be up to £150,000 with the bespoke marquee with marble floor and production around £200,000 on top.
'The spectacular endless flowers by Jeff Leatham are likely to have cost at least £200,000. With food and drink, Robin Thicke (at £150,000) and all the other items for the big day, including the dress, on top, the wedding will have no doubt cost more than £1million and potentially several million more.'

Located in Oxfordshire, the historic Blenheim Palace has played host to some of the biggest films in Hollywood over the years.
Regularly used as a film location the grand country house, which is the principal residence of the Duke of Marlborough, has been seen in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Rogue Nation, Cinderella and the upcoming Transformers: Revenge of the Knight.
It even doubled up as Palazzo Cadenza in Rome for the latest James Bond film SPECTRE.
Available to hire for the big day prices start from £4,800 to hire the Orangery and you can hire the Marlborough Room for the ceremony at £960 as well as six different locations to host a reception.
Standing in all its Baroque splendour near the pretty village of Woodstock, just a few miles from Oxford, it is ideally placed for weekend visitors and attracts them in high numbers with its fascinating history and Churchill connections.
Although better known for its links to Winston Churchill, Blenheim has an interesting history of its own and culture-vultures will love the collection of tapestries, paintings and works of art throughout the palace.
Built as a gift for the First Duke of Marlborough by Queen Anne following his triumph in the Battle of Blenheim in 1704 the palace definitely shows the Queen’s appreciation of his efforts

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4595722/Is-lavish-wedding-EVER

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by auntysimbiat(f): 4:45pm On Jun 12, 2017

5 Likes

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by free2ryhme: 6:28pm On Jun 12, 2017
He married a kardashian leftover grin

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Crauxx(m): 6:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
In three years now they will divorce.
This one for the afojas
Keeping thier eternal love for parties anywhere they go.
I hail o.

NCAN

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by free2ryhme: 6:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
What a kardashian cannot do a Nigerian can do better

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by NwaAmaikpe: 6:29pm On Jun 12, 2017

To think this marriage will only last a few months shatters my heart.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Nymbols1(m): 6:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
Live at the wedding was Mr Eazi and the otedola family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4w4ZtjC-Jg

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Evablizin(f): 6:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
Hmm,good for them,money is good sha
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by LexngtonSteele: 6:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
Rich also cry..1st wife died due to cancer.

But this is how the rich console themselves grin

These are the kind of parents that can ALWAYS threaten you with their Will. No matter how hard working you are, chances of making billions of dollars are slim grin

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by twilliamx(m): 6:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ill get there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by idolda: 6:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
Nigerians and their stupid notice me mentality. Money that could have been put to better use by investing in charities wasted away just to boast their ego

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by emmanuel596(m): 6:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
If I have money I will spend it well on earth because I won't die with it but I must make sure I change the lives of soo many people that on my burial day there's gonna be millions of good will massages and soo many people thanking God that I was born....but God himself will punish this people if they ever breakup or divorce.... My dad told us about how he spent 25,000 naira on his wedding in 1982 and today he is 35years with my mum happily married there's a difference between wedding and marriage.... These days weddings don't last but am writing an article about why marriages don't last in the 21st century it will hit nairaland soon

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
WHEN NAIRALAND FRONTPAGE TURN LAWMA OFFICE...
ABI WHICH KIND TRASH AND RUBBISH TREAD PERSON DEY JAM FOR FP NOWADAYS

na wa

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by hardywaltz(m): 6:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
In my own wedding
I gave each guest C of O to 1 plot of land in Maitama as souvenir (thanks for coming)
So till anyother person beats that record mine remains the best'est'. tongue

10 Likes

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by takenadoh: 6:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
Kai, Yinka no get Daughter?
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Padiga: 6:31pm On Jun 12, 2017
Africans and lavishness.

2 Likes

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by 2kass(m): 6:31pm On Jun 12, 2017
Issokay

1 Like

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Cambells: 6:31pm On Jun 12, 2017
See lavishness grin
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by tintingz(m): 6:31pm On Jun 12, 2017
I read the wife has dated a kardashian and am sure they must have done some chikalakabumbum, she dressed flashy and yet this lady married a multi-billionaire son. shocked

Some women head get star like supernova.

8 Likes

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by lordsharks(m): 6:31pm On Jun 12, 2017
Chai, dere is God
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by ITbomb(m): 6:31pm On Jun 12, 2017
and someone will be sitting somewhere speaking with expressed emotions on how malaria and lack of portable water is ravaging Nigeria just to get a loan of $1m whereas $5m is being used for a wedding of a Nigerian.

Why did I even come back here. We had the best civilization then. Eternal Rome!

12 Likes

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by LexngtonSteele: 6:31pm On Jun 12, 2017
free2ryhme:

Really? whose leftover was your mum?

Beefing those who would always be ahead of you in all ramifications.

Take heart!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by obanla01(m): 6:32pm On Jun 12, 2017
Seen
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by LexngtonSteele: 6:32pm On Jun 12, 2017
free2ryhme:

Pele....ode!

Take heart!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by maxiuc(m): 6:32pm On Jun 12, 2017
Wetin concern British media

When Wayne rooney did his own them no talk

OK wetin even concern me

2 Likes

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by kachi08(m): 6:32pm On Jun 12, 2017
I think it is the most expensive wedding ever....... But am happy they are Nigerians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Presh555(m): 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
hmm... Na wa oh... And I was a family member and they didn't fly me out with them grin grin grin

Money is good jare
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Basic123: 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
rada rada!

A marriage they don't know what will become of it tommorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Martinscue: 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
A foreigner reaction to the wedding

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by winterfell007(m): 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
This is one reason I support Niger delta avengers to cripple the oil industry for this mofos. The Nigerian private are filled up with chronic rent seekers. We seek an egalitarian society but I think it's almost to achieve it judging by what I see here.

7 Likes

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Abujaexpress: 6:34pm On Jun 12, 2017
God punish poverty in Jesús name. Amén

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Burial Of Tonimas: Anthony Obiagboso Enukeme In Pictures / Youwin 4th Edition Is Here / Bundles Of Money On The Road In Owerri As They Fall Out Of A Bullion Van

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.