Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 (4626 Views)

The 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid And Its Solar Roof / 2020 Hyundai Sonata Unveiled – Photos, Details And Price / How durable is hyundai sonata 2004? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by segzyndpep(m): 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2017
I love this hyundai sonata but people always tell me it is not strong enough and the resell value is nothing to write home about.
Infact one insist i buy benz e320 2005 or acura TSX 2010 Instead of the sonata..

Please i need advice on which i can go for with reason and most important i want to know things about the sonata.
So hard to make choice right now.

Thanks in advance
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by Inception(m): 8:18pm On Jun 12, 2017
segzyndpep:
I love this hyundai sonata but people always tell me it is not strong enough and the resell value is nothing to write home about.
Infact one insist i buy benz e320 2005 or acura TSX 2010 Instead of the sonata..

Please i need advice on which i can go for with reason and most important i want to know things about the sonata.

Thanks in advance

Waiting. Especially the optima version(KIA)
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by princetom1(m): 8:25pm On Jun 12, 2017
Inception:

Waiting. Especially the optima version(KIA)

GAZZUZZ will shed more light
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by kingreign(m): 8:48pm On Jun 12, 2017
segzyndpep:

Thanks in advance

Very sweet car. Variable displacement compressor is the Achilles heels of the car. That car has a very good crash test rating. Better than a Camry of same year in crash test ratings.

Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:21pm On Jun 12, 2017
Mumu A.C, the stupid design would have died out befor the car hits 50,000 KM VDC in general on hyundai/kia is a failure.

Crash test will be ok nah, see as the nose long like train grin

This vehicle comes in several variants. The V6, 2.4liter GDI and 2.4 liter fuel injection. There might be more but those are what I have seen. The fuel injection 2.4liter is repair friendly.

1 Like

Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by kingreign(m): 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
Mumu A.C, the stupid design would have died out befor the car hits 50,000 KM VDC in general on hyundai/kia is a failure.

This vehicle comes in several variants. The V6, 2.4liter GDI and 2.4 liter fuel injection. There might be more but those are what I have seen. The fuel injection 2.4liter is repair friendly.

the 2.0 turbo engine (quite rare to see) is a beast. 270hp is what that pencil sharpner of an engine generates. shocked shocked
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by segzyndpep(m): 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2017
you are in spirit boss
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by segzyndpep(m): 9:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

what is your point sir...
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by segzyndpep(m): 9:35pm On Jun 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I guess u will choose tsx 2010 over the sonata
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:02pm On Jun 12, 2017
segzyndpep:

I guess u will choose tsx 2010 over the sonata

I like to keep things simple.

You will only appreciate simple after trying hard.

But my uncle egunmogaji, will put a supercharger in a kekenapep cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I like to keep things simple.

You will only appreciate simple after trying hard.

But my uncle egunmogaji, will put a supercharger in a kekenapep cheesy

Perhaps, but I'm definitely putting a Hayabusa engine in a prepared one and then I'll go haunt pink slips cool

#RunWhatYouBrung grin
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by naturalwaves: 11:27pm On Jun 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I beg to disagree. Hyundai is not a failure. I drove the Hyundai Accent 2014 model for at least a year and it was top notch. Even the 2006 model Accent is so strong and rugged. The Accent was regarded as one of the best sedans in its size category beating the Honda civic and Toyota yaris of the same year hands down. Hyundai vehicles are underated here. Moreover, I have driven a lot of Toyota s and Honda etc but funny enough, Hyundai gave me the best driving experience.The only thing I don't like about the recent versions is just the fibre plastic. Aside that, the vehicles are cool and does not deserve this kind of critism even though you may have your reservations.

6 Likes

Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by segzyndpep(m): 11:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Perhaps, but I'm definitely putting a Hayabusa engine in a prepared one and then I'll go haunt pink slips cool

#RunWhatYouBrung grin

This your realm no be here ooo..You mean being simple in this context is using acura tsx or benz e320

1 Like

Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:34pm On Jun 12, 2017
naturalwaves:

I beg to disagree. Hyundai is not a failure. I drove the Hyundai Accent 2014 model for at least a year and it was top notch. Even the 2006 model Accent is so strong and rugged. The Accent was regarded as one of the best sedans in its size category beating the Honda civic and Toyota yaris of the same year hands down. Hyundai vehicles are underated here. Moreover, I have driven a lot of Toyota s and Honda etc but funny enough, Hyundai gave me the best driving experience.The only thing I don't like about the recent versions is just the fibre plastic. Aside that, the vehicles are cool and does not deserve this kind of critism even though you may have your reservations.

How many miles did you cover in 1year? That compressor did not make it to 50,000km find out.
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:35pm On Jun 12, 2017
older versions of kia/hyundai 05-11 have excellent cooling systems.
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by naturalwaves: 11:38pm On Jun 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

How many miles did you cover in 1year? That compressor did not make it to 50,000km find out.
Well, I don't think I covered more than 15,000km. What's the issue with the compressor? Kindly elucidate.

2 Likes

Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:41pm On Jun 12, 2017
naturalwaves:

Well, I don't think I covered more than 15,000km. What's the issue with the compressor? Kindly elucidate.

poor design across board. I have never seen any of them get to 100,000km any kia or hyundai with VDC variable displacement compressor.
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by naturalwaves: 11:55pm On Jun 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

poor design across board. I have never seen any of them get to 100,000km any kia or hyundai with VDC variable displacement compressor.
I see. Is that the same type of compressor that comes with the 2014 Hyundai Accent? A friend drives the 2006 model and I think his own mileage should be higher. Will ask him.
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:05am On Jun 13, 2017
naturalwaves:

I see. Is that the same type of compressor that comes with the 2014 Hyundai Accent? A friend drives the 2006 model and I think his own mileage should be higher. Will ask him.

I used a 2007 rio(same with accent a.c system) I sold it at over 250,000km on same compressor. The older brands are durable.
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by naturalwaves: 12:09am On Jun 13, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I used a 2007 rio(same with accent a.c system) I sold it at over 250,000km on same compressor. The older brands are durable.
Okay. I thought as much cos that 06 is so strong and durable.
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 13, 2017
segzyndpep:

This your realm no be here ooo..You mean being simple in this context is using acura tsx or benz e320

Transplanting engines is what I like to do.

I didn't amass my repertoire of tools to do oil changes grin
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 13, 2017
naturalwaves:

Thanks for adding elucidate to my vocabulary, it's new to me.

To the asshats that think I feel too pompous to learn from them, up yours cool

3 Likes

Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by naturalwaves: 12:37am On Jun 13, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Thanks for adding elucidate to my vocabulary, it's new to me.

To the asshats that think I feel too pompous to learn from them, up yours cool
Hahahahaha. You are so funny. It is a pleasure sir!
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by segzyndpep(m): 12:58am On Jun 13, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Transplanting engines is what I like to do.

I didn't amass my repertoire of tools to do oil changes grin

Jesus transplanting engine of another car to your preferable car?
i think i have to go through your post to know your bread sir..

2 Likes

Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
segzyndpep:

2 Likes

Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by igbsam(m): 5:57am On Jun 14, 2017
segzyndpep:

I don't know why i am laughing at this comment. The guy seems like the famous doctor death in the Nazi era!
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by Thisnut(m): 11:42am On Jun 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

sorry about your car issue. I think, you should check the car fax of your car, if you did not get it as brand new, The car might be a rebuilt or salvaged car or had bad history from previous owner.

Personally, on the average, i have seen sonata drive over 200k miles or 320k km . i have always driven Japanese cars until this year . i bought sonata se 2017 and it comes with 10yrs or 100k miles warranty, whichever comes first for the drive train. Right now only korean cars can give that kind of incentives
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by segzyndpep(m): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
Thisnut:
sorry about your car issue. I think, you should check the car fax of your car, if you did not get it as brand new, The car might be a rebuilt or salvaged car or had bad history from previous owner.

Personally, on the average, i have seen sonata drive over 200k miles or 320k km . i have always driven Japanese cars until this year . i bought sonata se 2017 and it comes with 10yrs or 100k miles warranty, whichever comes first for the drive train. Right now only korean cars can give that kind of incentives

Thanks so much sir..highly informative
Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by FlyboyZee: 7:40am On Jul 11, 2017
naturalwaves:

I beg to disagree. Hyundai is not a failure. I drove the Hyundai Accent 2014 model for at least a year and it was top notch. Even the 2006 model Accent is so strong and rugged. The Accent was regarded as one of the best sedans in its size category beating the Honda civic and Toyota yaris of the same year hands down. Hyundai vehicles are underated here. Moreover, I have driven a lot of Toyota s and Honda etc but funny enough, Hyundai gave me the best driving experience. The only thing I don't like about the recent versions is just the fibre plastic. Aside that, the vehicles are cool and does not deserve this kind of critism even though you may have your reservations.

Please, the Honda Civic is not in the same class as the Hyundai Accent or Toyota Yaris on any ground.

You should be comparing Honda Civic to Toyota Corolla and Hyundai Elantra and not the Accent...

1 Like

Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by naturalwaves: 2:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
FlyboyZee:

Please, the Honda Civic is not in the same class as the Hyundai Accent or Toyota Yaris on any ground.

You should be comparing Honda Civic to Toyota Corolla and Hyundai Elantra and not the Accent...
Check online review and see how it beat your civic hands down of the same year. Will search for the links when I am very free.

2 Likes

Re: How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 by glidetlede1974: 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2023
The 2013 Hyundai Sonata is a popular car in Nigeria. It has a large cabin with plenty of room for passengers and luggage, and its exterior design is attractive and modern. The Sonata also features an impressive array of safety features, including anti-lock brakes, stability control, and side and curtain airbags. In our review, you will find information about the Sonata’s performance, safety features, interior design, and other important details. We hope that our review helps you make an informed decision when choosing your next car..

To learn more about the 2013 Hyundai Sonata in Nigeria, read our comprehensive review at reviewradar_42web_io/2023/06/13/2013-hyundai-sonata-nigeria-car-review/. You can also read about the car’s pros and cons, which will help you decide if the Sonata is the right car for you.

You can also read about the car’s pros and cons, which will help you decide if the Sonata is the right car for you.

We hope that our review helps you make an informed decision when choosing your next car..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

DIY Car ECU Repair/Whitepaper / I Want A Lexus Rx330, But Theres A Lot Of Owners Giving Theirs Up For Sale.. / Chrysler Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.