Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List (14277 Views)

NSE Revokes Licences Of 39 Stockbroking Firms (SEE LIST) / A More Better Opportunity,grab It!!, Kucoin Crypto Exchange To Dominate Binance / MMM Nigeria To Delete Inactive Accounts Permanently After 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by lalasticlala(m): 12:04pm On Jun 13, 2017
The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) has marked out about 56 dealing-member firms as inactive, kick-starting the revocation of their licences and expulsion from the stock market.

The Nation had earlier reported exclusively the revocation and expulsion of 88 firms in the past five months.

The Nation’s check at the weekend indicated that nearly a quarter of of firms at the Exchange has been marked as inactive, a reference to dealing firms on the watch-list for delisting.

A breakdown of the status of dealing-member firms at the Exchange at the weekend showed that there were 197 active firms and 56 inactive. Already, a total of 163 firms have been expelled since capital market authorities began the weeding.

Under the Exchange rules, where a dealing member is inactive for six months, the Exchange shall revoke its licence.

“Under no circumstances shall a dealing member cease to carry out its day to day business activities for which it was licensed to operate without any reasonable cause,” according to the NSE’ rules.

A dealing member may be deemed inactive voluntarily and involuntarily. Voluntary if the firm has not recorded any trading without suspension by the Exchange or Stock exchange Commission (SEC). Involuntary inactivity occurs where the firm has been suspended by the NSE or SEC for infraction.

However, where a firm has been involuntarily inactive for six months, the Exchange can determine whether to revoke the firm’s dealing licence.

“Where the Exchange revokes a dealing member’s licence, the Exchange shall immediately commence the process of expelling such dealing member,” the rules stipulated.

Also, under the rules, suspension of any stockbroking firm by SEC will lead to immediate suspension by the NSE while revocation of any broker’s registration will lead to expulsion of the firm by the NSE.

“Without prejudice to all the remedies open to the dealing member, where a dealing member is suspended by the Commission, as soon as the Exchange is notified, it shall immediately commence the process of suspension or expulsion of the dealing member.

“Where a Dealing Member’s registration is revoked by the Commission, as soon as the Exchange is notified, it shall immediately commence the process of expulsion of the dealing member,” the rules stated.

The firms marked out as inactive included Adamawa Securities Limited, Aims Asset Management Limited, Arian Capital Management Limited, Bestlink Investment Limited, Bytofel Securities and Investment Limited, Cadington Securities Limited, CEB Securities Limited, Clearview Investments Company Limited, Covenant Securities and Asset Management Limited, Cradle Trust Finance and Securities Limited, ECL Asset Management Limited, Excel Securities Limited, Finbank Securities and Assets Management Limited, Gem Assets Management Limited, GMT Securities and Asset Mangement Limited, Gombe Securities Limited, Horizon Stockbrokers Limited, International Standard Securities Limited, Investment Shark and Asset Mgt Ltd, ITIS Securities Limited, Kakawa Asset Management Limited, LB Securities Limited, Lion Stockbrokers Limited, LMB Stockbrokers Limited, Mact Securities Limited, Mainland Trust Limited, Marimpex Finance and Investment Company Limited, Maven Asset Management Limited, Mercov Securities Limited, Midpoint Capital Limited, ML Securities Limited, Monument Sec and Finance Limited, Mutual Alliance Investment and Securities Limited and Northbridge Investment and Trust Limited.

Others were Options Securities Limited, Partnership Securities Limited, Perfecta Investment and Trust Limited, PML Securities Company Limited, Professional Stockbrokers Limited, Profund Securities Limited, Redasel Investments Limited, Resano Securities Limited, Resort Securities and Trust Limited, Shalom Investment and Financial Services Limited, Stanwal Securities Limited, Summa Guaranty and Trust Company Limited, Supra Commercial Trust Company Limited, Surport Services Limited, Tower Asset Management Limited, Transafrica Financial Services Limited, and UIDC Securities Limited.

http://thenationonlineng.net/stock-exchange-may-expel-56-inactive-firms/

1 Share

Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
cheesy
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by SamAbims(m): 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ok
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
More job losses
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by seunny4lif(m): 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
shocked shocked
Some many holes in this country and all of them are Ltd
Why

Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by walemoney007(m): 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
U
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by sagio09: 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
; ) t
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by elenewton1: 12:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
FTC, no big deal.
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by Alisegun(m): 12:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by Evergreen4(m): 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
Pls pardon my ignorance. What are the benefits when a firm is listed on a stock excange ?
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by Gangster1ms: 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
Was expecting at least 100

1 Like

Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by momodub: 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
Counting
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
Good Move.
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by gbaskiboy: 12:12pm On Jun 13, 2017
This is what you should expect when you have cluelessness, delusional and ineptitude Government managing economy and assets of a country. Am not surprised

3 Likes

Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by nepapole(m): 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
Chai!!
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by morikee: 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
MMM sweet die like kilode just joking the matter Don die a natural death haha

2 Likes

Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by jobaltol: 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
Thia shows that the cost of investing in this country is very high....the citizens should be proactive....lest I forget, when was the last time you went to meet the councillor in your ward to give account of his/her administration?
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by Bluffly: 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2017
Keneking:
More job losses
How does this mean job losses.

3 Likes

Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by Chukazu: 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
All of them that went to form company during banking boom are now trying to survive due to bank bubble..

2 Likes

Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by aktolly54(m): 12:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
It is well
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by Omotayor123(f): 12:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
on point...
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by Ijaya123: 12:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
Kakawa Asset Management Limited, a market leader in those days. cry

2 Likes

Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by vickydevoka(m): 12:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
security companies tooo much
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by nnewa: 12:38pm On Jun 13, 2017
Imagine I had tried communicating with one of d firms listed above AIMS without any success with the hope if getting info on my investments with the company. Its been years & I wouldn't know how t get redress. I know there's been a downward trend in shares & the likes but they owe their clients explanation. Once I had wanted t draw in my meager investment & I was advised to roll over.
My wish is t recover my investment no matter how little or present market value.
Need some clue NLers

2 Likes

Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by mars123(m): 12:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ease of doing business = 1/10
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
So my stockbroker no dey the list. I have always had a fear that they were going down, hence declining volume of investment through them.
I can't shout, in these hard times when money is difficult to come by

3 Likes

Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by eezeribe(m): 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
Nice development.So many quack and mushroom stock brokers in the industry.
Some are even more fraudulent than MMM guiders.
Buy shares through them and kiss your money goodbye.

1 Like

Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by jomarq(m): 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2017
now my firm was among what should i do next

2 Likes

Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by michaelok(m): 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2017
Any news about DAAR Communication Ltd?
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by mojibbz(m): 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2017
gbaskiboy:
This is what you should expect when you have cluelessness, delusional and ineptitude Government managing economy and assets of a country. Am not surprised
Lol how will you be surprised? As if your grammar is not surprising enough

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by qleap2all(m): 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2017

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cashing Out On An Insurance / Forex Signal/BINARy/VIX AWESOME SIGNALS / Money Moves To Make For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.