Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own (35194 Views)

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan:the Most Foolish Politician In Nigeria / Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? / 200 Achievement Of Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by larmu(m): 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ok then
Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2017
cheesy
Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by Iamwrath: 2:03pm On Jun 13, 2017
heheeh
Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
bet9ja agent account for sale call 08038905386 asap
Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 13, 2017
Can't wait to see Buhari project
Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by Torylanez(m): 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hopeful20100:
Jonathan was a purposeful and visionary leader. He did a lot in 5 yrs that no Nigerian leader has ever done. Yet he was chased out from power by North and SW. I'll never forgiver SW for how they rubbish this man...go back and look at Nairaland in 2015 before the election. Today you have your Buhari, going to 3 yrs now, what has he done? Everything is upside down, there is hunger in the country, chaos, division, hate, all forms of agitations mainly on how he polarized the country, he has not visited SE since he was elected nor Niger Delta; only Cross River on the highway, yet he has visited over 50 countries. What kind of president is that? Name me one major project in federal, state or local government level we could say will be his legacy or remembered for? NONE. I can name you over 20 projects by GEJ...I'm talking about hefty, landmark projects!

You hardly hear this: the massive, contemporary Terminal 2 at Muritala Mohammed airport Lagos approved and funded by Jonathan. When I saw this structure I was shocked and asked the cab who is a yorubaa man, who funded this project? He said Jonathan approved it because I couldn't believe Jonathan will build such modern structure in SW but he did because Tribalism is not in his blood. See pics..

you are suffering from a disease called " ORUBEBETIS

4 Likes

Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by tbaba1234: 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hopeful20100:
Jonathan was a purposeful and visionary leader. He did a lot in 5 yrs that no Nigerian leader has ever done. Yet he was chased out from power by North and SW. I'll never forgiver SW for how they rubbish this man...go back and look at Nairaland in 2015 before the election. Today you have your Buhari, going to 3 yrs now, what has he done? Everything is upside down, there is hunger in the country, chaos, division, hate, all forms of agitations mainly on how he polarized the country, he has not visited SE since he was elected nor Niger Delta; only Cross River on the highway, yet he has visited over 50 countries. What kind of president is that? Name me one major project in federal, state or local government level we could say will be his legacy or remembered for? NONE. I can name you over 20 projects by GEJ...I'm talking about hefty, landmark projects!

You hardly hear this: the massive, contemporary Terminal 2 at Muritala Mohammed airport Lagos approved and funded by Jonathan. When I saw this structure I was shocked and asked the cab who is a yorubaa man, who funded this project? He said Jonathan approved it because I couldn't believe Jonathan will build such modern structure in SW but he did because Tribalism is not in his blood. See pics..

This was a state government project.. What is the link with GEJ

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by Hopeful20100: 2:31pm On Jun 13, 2017
tbaba1234:

This was a state government project.. What is the link with GEJ
Can you just stop this nonsense before I rain curses on you. When did state government start building airport projects? Call Lagos Airport and verify.
Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by tbaba1234: 2:39pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hopeful20100:

Can you just stop this nonsense before I rain curses on you. When did state government start building airport projects? Call Lagos Airport and verify.

What does airport have to do with the present subject? Why did you relate it to GEJ? The state of infrastructure in the country under GEJ is nothing to write home about. Nothing.. Picking one airport from the host of dilapidated and abandoned infrastructure show the level of prevarication, you have stooped to defend incompetence.

What was the budget allocation for capital expenditure during the more than 5 years of GEJ reign?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by captaininiobong(m): 2:40pm On Jun 13, 2017
goodluck is a peaceful man and calm person . but Nigeria doesnt need someone like goodluck to rule . Nigeria need a rugged leader with a strong hand to rule. and not a calm individual.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by Dicedpineapple(f): 2:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
dsnce
Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by piice: 2:48pm On Jun 13, 2017
[quote author=Hopeful20100 post=57479205]Jonathan was a purposeful and visionary leader. He did a lot in 5 yrs that no Nigerian leader has ever done. Yet he was chased out from power by North and SW. I'll never forgiver SW for how they rubbish this man...go back and look at Nairaland in 2015 before the election. Today you have your Buhari, going to 3 yrs now, what has he done? Everything is upside down, there is hunger in the country, chaos, division, hate, all forms of agitations mainly on how he polarized the country, he has not visited SE since he was elected nor Niger Delta; only Cross River on the highway, yet he has visited over 50 countries. What kind of president is that? Name me one major project in federal, state or local government level we could say will be his legacy or remembered for? NONE. I can name you over 20 projects by GEJ...I'm talking about hefty, landmark projects!

You hardly hear this: the massive, contemporary Terminal 2 at Muritala Mohammed airport Lagos approved and funded by Jonathan. When I saw this structure I was shocked and asked the cab who is a yorubaa man, who funded this project? He said Jonathan approved it because I couldn't believe Jonathan will build such modern structure in SW but he did because Tribalism is not in his blood. See pics..[/q
A purposeful and a visionary leader.... Hmmmmm.. I can smell hypocrisy all over the place
Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by do4luv14(m): 2:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
tbaba1234:

What does airport have to do with the present subject? Why did you relate it to GEJ? The state of infrastructure in the country under GEJ is nothing to write home about. Nothing.. Picking one airport from the host of dilapidated and abandoned infrastructure show the level of prevarication, you have stooped to defend incompetence.

What was the budget allocation for capital expenditure during the more than 5 years of GEJ run?

sorry to disgree with you, even if I agree , what had your change achieve since two yrs in office

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by do4luv14(m): 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2017
[quote author=piice post=57481385][/quote]

wwich happens to be you
Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by AZeD1(m): 3:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hopeful20100:

MMA 2 was built by Babalakin(Bi Courtney Aviation Services Limited). I don't know were you got the idea from because MMA2 has been existing long before GEJ came into power.

PS: I worked at MMA2 in 2010.

Educate yourself.
http://www.mma2.com.ng/blog/mma2-10-years-against-all-odds

6 Likes

Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by ifevictor: 3:23pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hopeful20100:

Why are you misinforming people, MMA2 is a BOT built by Bi-Counteney owned by Wale Babalakin and not the GEJ government.

1 Like

Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by 2n2k(m): 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hopeful20100:

Are you ok? Where were you when they were teaching your colleagues comprehension and current affairs in school?

For comprehension part, you clearly read that it was a cross river state government project, yet you comprehended that to mean it was Jonathan's achievement.

On current affairs, for you and your fictitious cab driver, note that MMA2 is owned and built by Wale Babalakin's Bi-Courtney company. It was commissioned in May 2007 when your hero was still a governor in balyesa.

In fact, Stella Oduah as aviation minister under Jonathan did everything to frustrate MMA2 which is why the hotel part of the terminal remained uncompleted till today. If not that Oduah's misdeed pushed her out and brought in Chidoka (who was sympathetic to babalakin's cause), MMA2 would have been forcefully taken over by the FG under Jonathan just as he frustrated him out of the lagos-Ibadan expressway.

Furthermore, note that the 3D plan you posted as first picture is not the same as the completed buildings in the 2nd and 3rd pics. The 3D plan is for the expansion of the international terminal by GEJ which was never built and is far from the completed building which is the MMA2 domestic terminal in your 2nd and 3rd pictures.

6 Likes

Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by ayogozie(m): 3:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
God bless GEJ we will never forget u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by NovusHomo(m): 3:46pm On Jun 13, 2017
Lothario:
We should all know this was an avenue to waste money

Did you mean to "steal" money?
Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by vineyardfarms: 3:55pm On Jun 13, 2017
enigma2007:
Why are some people this wicked? The state govt should pls pay the contractor his due...

I WILL ADVICE THE CONTRACTOR TO SEALED OFF THE ROAD FROM FGGC, AKENFA INTER EXCHANGE TO UNICEM AND THE GIANT PETROL STATION WITH TRUCKS AND ROCKS. TRENCHES: ETC.

HIRED MARIAN AND UGEP BOYS TO MANNED THE BLOCKADE.
CALL IN THE PRESS, BOTH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL. THE DEAFEN GOVT WILL LEARNED TO LISTEN UP.

THE OBSTRUCTION WILL AFFECT MANY BUSINESSES. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET ATTENTION. AFTER ALL FED DOES NOT OBEY COURT ORDERS.
REMEMBER TO THANK ME. GOODLUCK
Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by vineyardfarms: 3:55pm On Jun 13, 2017
enigma2007:
Why are some people this wicked? The state govt should pls pay the contractor his due...
Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by Splashme: 4:00pm On Jun 13, 2017
AZeD1:

MMA 2 was built by Babalakin(Bi Courtney Aviation Services Limited). I don't know were you got the idea from because MMA2 has been existing long before GEJ came into power.

PS: I worked at MMA2 in 2010.

Educate yourself.
http://www.mma2.com.ng/blog/mma2-10-years-against-all-odds

I think what he meant was the new massive international airport wing CCECC was building under GEJ

Each time I drive on Benin-Ore-Ijebu Ode expressway, I thank God for GEJ

2 Likes

Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by enigma2007(m): 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
vineyardfarms:

I WILL ADVICE THE CONTRACTOR TO SEALED OFF THE ROAD FROM FGGC, AKENFA INTER EXCHANGE TO UNICEM AND THE GIANT PETROL STATION WITH TRUCKS AND ROCKS. TRENCHES: ETC.

HIRED MARIAN AND UGEP BOYS TO MANNED THE BLOCKADE.
CALL IN THE PRESS, BOTH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL. THE DEAFEN GOVT WILL LEARNED TO LISTEN UP.

THE OBSTRUCTION WILL AFFECT MANY BUSINESSES. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET ATTENTION. AFTER ALL FED DOES NOT OBEY COURT ORDERS.
REMEMBER TO THANK ME. GOODLUCK

Sadly! The road is owned by the state govt not the Federal (I read that the proj was initiated by the past gov of the state). So the gov should pay up

1 Like

Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by fabolouz1(m): 4:22pm On Jun 13, 2017
I hope some faceless persons are not the ones behind this post. That road is a complete mess, potholes are everywhere and this was few weeks after the project was commissioned.
Sermartech is fraud period!
Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by leighcon(m): 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
Sir,

Do not turn facts on its head just because you want to hype your political leaning.

MMA 2 Terminal was funded by the private sector - Bi-Courtney Services owned by Babawale Babalakin and constructed by his own construction company, Stabilini Visinoni Limited. This project (a concession agreement, meaning it will go back to FGN) was conceived during the OBJ Era and completed shortly after Yaradua came in.

Hopeful20100:

Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by senatordave1(m): 5:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hopeful20100:

Who told u that gej did that project? That was a project done 100 percent by ex governor imoke.buhari re-tarred the deplorable calabar-itu road,has budgeted 54 billion.
Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by olumideinfo: 5:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
Fayose in a world of his own.
Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by psp2pc(m): 5:33pm On Jun 13, 2017
2n2k:

Are you ok? Where were you when they were teaching your colleagues comprehension and current affairs in school?

For comprehension part, you clearly read that it was a cross river state government project, yet you comprehended that to mean it was Jonathan's achievement.

On current affairs, for you and your fictitious cab driver, note that MMA2 is owned and built by Wale Babalakin's Bi-Courtney company. It was commissioned in May 2007 when your hero was still a governor in balyesa.

In fact, Stella Oduah as aviation minister under Jonathan did everything to frustrate MMA2 which is why the hotel part of the terminal remained uncompleted till today. If not that Oduah's misdeed pushed her out and brought in Chidoka (who was sympathetic to babalakin's cause), MMA2 would have been forcefully taken over by the FG under Jonathan just as he frustrated him out of the lagos-Ibadan expressway.

Furthermore, note that the 3D plan you posted as first picture is not the same as the completed buildings in the 2nd and 3rd pics. The 3D plan is for the expansion of the international terminal by GEJ which was never built and is far from the completed building which is the MMA2 domestic terminal in your 2nd and 3rd pictures.

educate the dullard..
sore losers.. yet to get to terms that GEJ is a IB
Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by Jaideyone(m): 6:01pm On Jun 13, 2017
my area back when I was staying in calabar. Atimbo behind sss quarters
Re: The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own by obailala(m): 6:55pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hopeful20100:

Who is this one still wailing over the election loss of a failed leader even 2 years after? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari’s Supporters Considering Jonathan For 2023 Presidential Run - THISDAY / ‘The North Is Not Bleeding’ Protest Hits Kaduna Streets / Atiku To Saraki, Amaechi, Goje: Return To PDP, Rebuild Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.