Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS (80000 Views)

Robbers Killed During Shootout In Calabar. Graphic Photo / Armed Robber In Full Army Kit, Gunned Down During Shootout. Graphic Photos / Michael Adiku On Offa Bank Robbery: "Why I Killed Over 20 People" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by kokostick(m): 1:53pm On Jun 14, 2017
Watch the full 5min video where the first car entered.. .u will notice after d scenarios of shooting. .for about 1:47sec nobody came towards the gate to verify if they robbers have left or not.. .NOTE : the shooting had stopped.. Secondly.. I believe dt African magic was involved #odenshi. .because.. D robber at the back Sit had more Gun shot towards him.. Y didn't he bother to jump out d car using d second door by his right if he wasn't fortified.. Rada he attacked..remember in a gun battle he who shoots first has a better view anD Chance to kill his opponent. ..R. I. P to d dead ones

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by chuksdavid28(m): 2:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
Sounds like a nollywood drama
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by kamez(m): 2:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
This sound like Bollywood stuff.

How can you say there were policemen at the place the officer ran to? Where were these policemen when the first shot was fired? where were they before the guy ran out of the room? This is pure nonsense

He might be right, That branch of zenith bank is actually my official bank in owerri and that area where sergent iboko ran to, has a gate that leads to the back of the bank where bullion vans drive to and from the bank. So most times u have police men stationed at that gate or at the backyard of the bank..so his story might be correct because if u watch that video closely, u will notice that the robber that killed iboko, had to retreat in a hurry because there was gunshot coming straight to him from that side of the bank, which means if sergent iboko was already down , then someone else was shooting at the robbers

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by nickxtra(m): 2:22pm On Jun 14, 2017
majekdom2:
and after the bullets hit the car, they had the confidence to drive in properly. Watch again, the man moved his car forward and the driver came down boldly. Do criminals face police when they have the option of quick exit? They had that option.
I wished someone was there to quickly lock the gate when the driver moved the car forward
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by emekasunday(m): 2:38pm On Jun 14, 2017
my opinion is that those policemen were all afraid but the robbers were very confident,nah only unarmed civilians Nigeria Police dey form brave. for...#lackoftraining...dem get odechi dey cm dey waste there bullets abi...if I hear... odechi sef dey fear bullets...
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by emekasunday(m): 2:42pm On Jun 14, 2017
emekasunday:
my opinion is that those policemen were all afraid but the robbers were very confident,nah only unarmed civilians Nigeria Police dey form brave. for...#lackoftraining...dem get odechi dey cm dey waste there bullets abi...if I hear... odechi sef dey fear bullets...
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Xpol: 2:53pm On Jun 14, 2017
for people saying no odeshi its because uv never witnessed one.i used to believe it can only be real for local guns and not the likes of ak 47 until a sars commander tried to break a robbery suspect's leg with ak but the bullet couldnt penetrate,he tried d 2nd time same thing the s/o tried with his pistol,same thing he got angry and entered his office and came back aimed the man's leg again but this time around blood flowed .this happened at akure sars 2012

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by paradigmshift(m): 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2017
lestat:

Like I said you are an imbecilee
I seen things you will shit your boxers experiencing
.you are just a soft fairy who runs his mouth

Never said voodoo doesn't exist but I repeat none can stop bullets..
Do you know how many guys I knew back then in the states who said they just came back from being cooked up against bullets and knives here in Nigeria ??

Saw one of them shot in the face by a 12 year old runner ...
The other was crying for him mum when some dude shot him through the liver ...

I have seen so many cases like these ... Nigerian dudes who run or dime on the streets come home and get some cooking and juju against bullets and it always ends the same in a body bag and the police can't identify the John doe cos he isn't in the system ...
Saw alot of stuff like this growing up always ends the same
The only juju against bullets is called a Teflon vest
Believe voodoo stops bullets at your own peril

How many Nigerians services their rifles or pistols ??
Alot of factors can cause a bullet to loose it's trajectory and voodoo isn't one of them !

I seen​ a dude get shot in the head and the bullet didn't go in , it deflected off the edge of his skull...
But he wasn't Nigerian so he didn't go around screaming odeshi

Dude get a Teflon vest and invest in neck and thigh guards then you are bullet proof at least till someone pulls out an m79 at close range
Lol

Bloody f00l

lmao see your life rubbish, claiming internet gangster but notin to show.
bloody miserable gold digger.
u ve seen this n dt liar.
Keep ur useless fallacy to yourself n stick to watching your sci-fi movies.
what you don't know u don't know so get out. compound mugu

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by jargo89(m): 3:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
spaggyy:
Firstly the robbers did not know the cops were in the security post.... The cops only need to take clean headshots at the robbers, starting with the driver and also the tyre of the car(abi car get odeshi?)

3 cops can easily take out 3 robbers in 10 seconds, the robbers got their eyes on the money

But the unprofessional shots of the police attracted the robbers to deal with them

And the iboko cop that ran for cover Was stupid... He ought to have taken cover in the place and shoot at anyone that makes a stupid move toward the security post

And if they had blown out the car tyres, the robbers will be immobile and they will have no choice than either change car or Change spare tyre (lol) and the other 3 cops at the back of the bank can have enough time to come out and finish the work...
You realize you are talkin about a real life occurence? You feel it's as simple as you outline it. When you face a life threatening situation, you feel its the same as typing with the comfort of you home. You dont realize, do you?

Do u even know the different thoughts that will fly through your minds? Your kids, wife, family. Broda dz one no be video game ooo.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by jargo89(m): 3:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
Nma27:
As a criminologist, I feel d robbers fortified themselves before d operation cos the kinda swagger d driver exhibited ain't ordinary. Plus I feel d policeman ran out of bullets or his gun jammed.
You have eyes for details. No simple human walks that way in a cross fire without a believe of fortification.

Most running their fingers on this forum are those dat soil themselves at the sound of a gunshot.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by jargo89(m): 3:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
spaggyy:
so if u were in that situation, you won't use ur brain?

You won't think before u act... U will rather fire in the air because death is staring at you?
For your own sake; I hope you dont find yourself in these kinda situations. U feel you can control your body's release of cathecolamines. Have you ever even handle a gun? My brother, just enjoy.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by shinel(f): 3:58pm On Jun 14, 2017
ajalawole:
That cop lack training jawe. I that security post, a good cop would have get at last 3 of those robbers out that same way he get the 1st robber out...............

In Europe the four robbers are dead.

Firstly, Nigerian policeman needs to always dress properly on duty, nowhere in any develop world a policeman will be wearing shirt and a Pam slippers as we call it.
They should always be on a bullet proof body guard and always at alert on duty.

You will even see some of them playing with a corn seller somewhere inside the bank always off guard.
They need proper training on job ethics.

Secondly, bank security room should be secured that you can aim your target from inside and also have cover for bullets, and incase situation is beyond you, there must be an emergency escape route from the back not through the bank premises, and you quickly call for backup.

Thirdly, Nigerian policeman needs training on proper shooting techniques and to always identify target by high importance.

Well trained European policeman will aim first at the driver of that car or the tyre of the car, automatically the robbers well planned strategy distorted.
While the robbers try to reorganize, they will lose aim and the police will calmly be hitting his target at one shot.

I am fully sure, three of the robbers will be down and one willingly surrender if our police are well trained.

But base on Nigerian poor standard, the policeman still did a good job, kudos to him.

I could only imagine what the gallant Mopol would have achieved if he was properly trained, equipped and well kitted.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2017
jargo89:
You have eyes for details. No simple human walks that way in a cross fire without a believe of fortification.

Most running their fingers on this forum are those dat soil themselves at the sound of a gunshot.
Lol...
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Collinsiweadi(m): 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2017
Our police men need to watch of american action movie ... I suggest 24hours and unit ...dis will go a long way teaching them hw to defend... At first tot it was niaja movie
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Kc3000: 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2017
kamez:

He might be right, That branch of zenith bank is actually my official bank in owerri and that area where sergent iboko ran to, has a gate that leads to the back of the bank where bullion vans drive to and from the bank. So most times u have police men stationed at that gate or at the backyard of the bank..so his story might be correct because if u watch that video closely, u will notice that the robber that killed iboko, had to retreat in a hurry because there was gunshot coming straight to him from that side of the bank, which means if sergent iboko was already down , then someone else was shooting at the robbers

I concur. People are acting as if they had a 360 degree view of everything that was happening. There were definitely shots being fired at that vehicle from other sources we can't see on the video.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2017
lestat:

Never said voodoo doesn't exist but I repeat none can stop bullets..
Do you know how many guys I knew back then in the states who said they just came back from being cooked up against bullets and knives here in Nigeria ??

Saw one of them shot in the face by a 12 year old runner ...
The other was crying for him mum when some dude shot him through the liver ...

I have seen so many cases like these ... Nigerian dudes who run or dime on the streets come home and get some cooking and juju against bullets and it always ends the same in a body bag and the police can't identify the John doe cos he isn't in the system ...
Saw alot of stuff like this growing up always ends the same
The only juju against bullets is called a Teflon vest
Believe voodoo stops bullets at your own peril

How many Nigerians services their rifles or pistols ??
Alot of factors can cause a bullet to loose it's trajectory and voodoo isn't one of them !

I seen​ a dude get shot in the head and the bullet didn't go in , it deflected off the edge of his skull...
But he wasn't Nigerian so he didn't go around screaming odeshi

Dude get a Teflon vest and invest in neck and thigh guards then you are bullet proof at least till someone pulls out an m79 at close range
Lol

I dunno about all these, though I once heard juju does not work overseas
We picked 24 spent shells on that day. There is no way all of them missed their target.
Plus kevlar does not offer protection against high caliber ammo
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by dnawah(m): 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2017
CastedDude:
An Imo state based lawyer, Kissinger Ikeokwu - has claimed to have gotten the true account of the robbery that happened at Zenith Bank, Owerri - which left gallant policeman, Sergeant Iboko dead. The brave policeman who killed one of the four armed robbers in the attack, suffered severe gunshot injuries and died the next day in a police clinic in Owerri after he was allegedly rejected at the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri.

Read what was shared by the lawyer on Facebook concerning the incident.

Those who blame the officer for running out got it wrong. I got the true account from an anonymous witness and feel I should share it since he cannot by reason of his office.

When the robbers approached the Bank, three Policemen were in the small Security House. They displayed gallantry by shooting and blasting the car windows, but the robbers still emerged frim he car unhurt in what many have described as "Odoeshi". The robber in blue the officer shot dead moved tactically to the small window at the back side the Policeman ran towards. He sprayed them with bullets killing one instantly and severely injuring the officer who today lost his one eye. The gallant Iboko was the man the robbers bullet didnt touch and he took cover lying low and kept his calm.

Confident that he had finished the officers who took cover at the small security post, the robber on blue decided to enter and finish the last breath off all the officers. It was then that Iboko who had taken cover having seen his men in the pool of their blood decided to either act or die with them. Sensing the invinsibility of the robbers, Iboko was reported to have deeped his gun nussle into the blood of his colleagues and that proved vital in neautralizing the suppossed odoeshi.

Immediately the robber on blue who had sprayed them with bullets from the back window approached the door, Iboko took him out. Having shot and proved he was alive, Iboko knew he must flee or wait for the robbers who didnt fear bullets now come for him. He made the deft move with just 20% chance of escaping. He ran towards the backside of the Bank building through the left flank.but he couldnt run too far as he fell to bullet wounds.

Upon his falling the other robber he had a face toface close range shootout with now came towards him and rained bullets on him, but Iboko's four colleagues at the back gave him backup...... that backup was bullets from the far end of the backyard that made the killer of Iboko retreat and run to their car in a hurry.

Iboko died later of his wounds. 7 Policemen were on duty on that very day at the Bank wetheral Branch. 3 lost their life including iboko. One survived with injuries. 3 escaped unhurt and told the story you read hereby.

The survivors were at the back yard and they reinforced Iboko giving him cover when he fell. Their bullets made the rubbers retreat in a hurry and not pick the guns of the slain officers. Their back reinforenent made the robbers abandon their colleague through whom Police got the clues that ultimately led to the arrest and waterloo of the robbers.

Iboko took cover lying low with a dead colleague and one whose eyes was shattered by the same man he killled. He killed same man when he came tru the door but lost I trying to run after exposing his cover. Watch the video again. Spot the robber on blue go behind which the CCTV camera didn't cover. He shot the 3 officers from the back window on close range target. Iboko was lucky not to be hit and took effective cover lying low. He moved when he had to move when the man now came tru the door to finish the job and Iboko took him out.

Such Gallantry. RIP to the fallen........ My condolences to the families.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/06/sergeant-iboko-killed-in-zenith-bank-robbery.html
all i know is,that the man bleeped up.i watched d video,how can a trained man ran turning his back to the enemy?suppose he ran to the other side of the security post first.then shooting going backwords.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 14, 2017
spaggyy:
Firstly the robbers did not know the cops were in the security post.... The cops only need to take clean headshots at the robbers, starting with the driver and also the tyre of the car(abi car get odeshi?)

3 cops can easily take out 3 robbers in 10 seconds, the robbers got their eyes on the money

But the unprofessional shots of the police attracted the robbers to deal with them

And the iboko cop that ran for cover Was stupid... He ought to have taken cover in the place and shoot at anyone that makes a stupid move toward the security post

And if they had blown out the car tyres, the robbers will be immobile and they will have no choice than either change car or Change spare tyre (lol) and the other 3 cops at the back of the bank can have enough time to come out and finish the work...
the police too would reason that making them immobile would cause a war.. u can c that d thieves got more ammunition than d policemen,thats an added advantage.so it's better to let go than getting more casualty
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Malawian(m): 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2017
The gateman was just too untrained and without security conciousness. He just opened door like that for 4 men inside a car? am sure he did not even check whom he was opening gate for, then he took to his heels like a typical yoruba man that i am sure he is grin grin grin . In all, I was baffled as to how the one in white as well as the driver was calm and went about their operation, even with bullets flying arounf them.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by femolala001(m): 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
Malawian:
The gateman was just too untrained and without security conciousness. He just opened door like that for 4 men inside a car? am sure he did not even check whom he was opening gate for, then he took to his heels like a typical yoruba man that i am sure he is grin grin grin . In all, I was baffled as to how the one in white as well as the driver was calm and went about their operation, even with bullets flying arounf them.

At least the guy ran for his life because he had no weapon on him. What of your ipob brothers that are armed robbers

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by logica(m): 5:34pm On Jun 14, 2017
eddieo:
He could easily run out towards the pedestrian gate.

I do not believe in ''Odeshi'' but i will only drown in self deception not to know that the confidence with which their leader bounced out of the car towards his target is a proof that he was fortified with black powers.
Make up your mind. You don't believe in Odeshi but you you believe in black powers.

eddieo:
He could easily run out towards the pedestrian gate.
Even after watching the video, many people are still talking about the cop going outside. Did you not notice the fourth robber (the one holding the bag of cash) was waiting outside the gate?
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Malawian(m): 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2017
femolala001:

At least the guy ran for his life because he had no weapon on him. What of your ipob brothers that are armed robbers
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by logica(m): 5:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
jargo89:

Yes. Fortified with Marijuana and cocaine. Look, even timid people will act with so much confidence and take huge risks when well "fortified" with drugs.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by omooba021528: 5:51pm On Jun 14, 2017
Real non sense analysis, ders police where he run to nd the guy DAT carry d money stil walk freely wait for the car to reverse back b4 he entered. Is a lie joor
Those three remain police u claim can't chase dem even d only stand wit money. Abeg go sit down , rewatch it.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Lyklyday(m): 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2017
spaggyy:

OK, if there were 4 police in there, and three are down, why can't he pick the guns of the fallen police to return fire? Better than running without cover
no comment...you don win
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by In4matic: 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2017
peop have never experienced a gunfight before nor have fired a gun in life now come online analysing trash.

Observe that the men drove into the premises & paused for a few seconds to asses the surroundings/possible hotspots so they knew from the get go the position of the policemen. Even if the police had hidden in the guard house. It'd have made no difference.

Now observe that the first shot came from the guy on white who shot over the car in the general direction of the security house.
Next, i pity those who say there is no such thing as jazz. I counted six (6) clear shots at the remaining robbers
1. The guy on white just before he went out of view had a shot to his head around his right ear.

2. Four shots at the back seat; two into the door and two breaking the window and small triangular glass at the back. How could they all miss?

3. One shot into the drivers open door.

4. The guy who went after iboko was clearly shot. He staggered back before he resumed firing at a target different from iboko.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by MurphyTheory99(m): 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2017
He should have ran out to the road. It was safer I must think. That guy shooting behind was so confident.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by In4matic: 7:56pm On Jun 14, 2017
kamez:

I read all through all the comments hoping to read somebodys view who is conversant with the scene and it gladens my heart that reasonable people are finally commenting. It beats me why people think robbers will be SO confident IN A BANKS PREMISES except they have a death wish.
It could only be because of their fortification.
REST IN PEACE, FALLEN HEROES
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by dudley1459: 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
For me I'm disappointed at the four policemen at back,if at all they were there. They failed to back up their colleagues in a fire fight that would have been more balanced if they also drew fire. Especially when the criminals were firing at d security room from two points. Odeshi or not I believe they may would have done more damage to the robbers. You really have to interested in bringing your force to bear to protect life and property, if not you're a wasteof space in any force. They clearly failed to protect the lives of their colleagues.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
Kylekent59:
I taught all these bank mopols usually have jaz on them little did I know.
Back then in school,dis our vigilante will tell us that jazz works but anything can alter it without u being known.

D brave man tried. Tear gas would have worked be4 shooting.

But I know the guy in white has odeshi on him. I watch the video and I saw how the bullet entered him and disappeared. I dnt know about the others though sad

Please which video did you watch??
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Princedapace(m): 9:29pm On Jun 14, 2017
ThaPatriot:
undecided so u mean to tell me that u have witnessed firsthand where someone was shot at close range and somehow the bullets didn't penetrate his body because of his 'odeshi'

Yes bro... I have..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Men Insert Bottle In Lady's Privates For Stealing Phone [PHOTOS] / Terdoo Bendega: Man Records Sexual Intercourse With Ladies, Sells Nudes / Woman Uses Hot Iron On 10-Year-Old Maid, Drills Nails On Her Head (Disturbing Pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.