Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide (3566 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Olamide And Hushpuppi / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left / Amber Rose To Undergo Breast Reduction Surgery (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by Martins98(m): 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2017
Olamide Baddo is unarguably the king of the street and has been enjoying undying love from 2010 when he released his debut single “Eni Duro” till this moment.

The Baddo who is grateful to the streets has helped lots of raw talents on the street to get much needed recognition in the music industry.

Some of these artistes though no longer under YBNL label are still doing great.

Here is the list of artistes Olamide has helped groom their career;

Trendz Base bring you 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide

1. Adekunle Gold

Adekunle Gold was signed to Olamide’s YBNL in 2015, after releasing hit hits like Sade, Orente among others he has become a superstar courtesy of God and Olamide.

2. YCee

Ycee is another artiste Olamide has helped in an indirect way as he featured in his song titled “Jagaban” and since then YCee found love from the street and hiphop lovers.

3. Viktoh

Viktoh is another YBNL act and long time friend of Badoo. Although he has been tagged as the worst artiste in YBNL compared to Lil Kesh and Adekunle Gold, but Viktoh has enjoyed much recognition in the music industry as a YBNL act before the expiration of his contract with the label.

4. Lil Kesh

He was just a street boy before Viktoh introduced him to Olamide. After signing Lil Kesh to YBNL, he has grown to become a superstar and after a successful record deal, he went ahead to float his own record label – YAGI ( Young And Getting It).

5. CDQ

CDQ become famous after featuring Olamide Badoo in his song titled “Woss wobi”. The song enjoyed much love from fans due to the fact that Olamide was the king of the street.

6. Davolee

Davolee is another recently signed YBNL act who just got a massive break into the music industry courtesy Olamide who showed him road to fame in just few weeks of getting signed on to YBNL.

The rapper who recently dropped his debut single also featured in Pepper Dem Gang, a track off Olamide’s “The Glory album”.

7. Phyno

Phyno is not signed to YBNL but Olamide used his brand to successfully register Phyno to be the No 1 Igbo indigenous rapper.

Olamide featuring with Phyno in some of their popular tracks like Ghost Mode, Dope money and many other hit collabos sky-rocketed Phyno to a jetter-height in his musical career.

8. Temmie Owvasa

Temmie also called YBNL princess was another singer Olamide noticed from Instagram and signed to YBNL and ever since she has recorded great success in her musical career.

The now YBNL queen was known for uploading freestyles on Instagram before the big signing by Olamide in April 2016. Now her story has changed for good.

9. Pepenazi

Pepenazi got noticed after Olamide lighted up his career by helping him cook up a street certified anthem “ILLEGAL”

The singer was struggling to rise before the encounter with Olamide even after dropping his unpopular single titled “LOW”.

10. Chinko Ekun

The hardcore yoruba rapper caught the interest of Baddo who wasted no time in signing him on to YBNL. He just got a record deal with a Dubai-based record label, Dek-Niyor Entertainment. Chinko’s success story cannot be complete without Olamide.

More @>>> http://trendzbase..com/2017/06/10-nigerian-artistes-who-rose-to.html

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by Afonjashapmouth: 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
And you think adding some dead on arrival artist makes sense Plus tell us how he helped the likes of Adekunle come to limelight, by writing his love songs??
Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by ammyluv2002(f): 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2017
Awesome! He has tried oh *In Jenifa's voice*

God bless him fa
Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by stephleena(f): 3:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
phyno
Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 14, 2017
Phyno ke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by ninovandross(m): 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2017
This write up might just be as bad as Evans the kidnapper's atrocities
Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by cutieberie1(f): 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2017
Why phyno, just because he featured in phyno's songs doesn't mean he helped phyno rise to stardom
What kind of influence does olamide even have?

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by Sammypope4all(m): 5:02pm On Jun 14, 2017
OP, all i think you're right except the phyno part. The dude banger was Aloba'm. Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't hear any Yoruba/olamide mixing in dah tape.

The help here is vice versa....Olamide helping phyno gain popularity in west while phyno is reciprocating the help in the east

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by carammel(f): 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2017
Who is this Davolee?
His looks is "the gods forbid". undecided
Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by soulfood(m): 8:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
The Olamide's name should be Gooddo.
Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 05, 2017
Don't insult my rap teacher,abi u dey craze?
#Ileka #Atarodo

this is 4 caramel

2 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by NickiSlay(f): 9:52am On Aug 05, 2017
I don't know half of them.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by stewatt(m): 10:15am On Aug 05, 2017
NickiSlay:
I don't know half of them.
Who cares undecided
Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by stewatt(m): 10:19am On Aug 05, 2017
As much as I agree with the list.. Why the heck will he add temmy.. What the heck does she sings... I dnt know why I hate that girl
Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 05, 2017
Abi? I never hear any song from Temmie,Davolee better pass am

2 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 29, 2017
carammel:
Who is this Davolee?
His looks is "the gods forbid". undecided

den yu look like what?

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeewwwww .......angry
Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by safarigirl(f): 4:32pm On Aug 29, 2017
Olamide's influence helped Phyno rise to stardom? OP must be high on Osogbo weed

And please, how are the likes of Temmie, Viktoh, Pepenazi and Davolee sef 'stars'?

Only people Olamide helped are Lil Mesh and Adekunle, even with Adekunle, it was just platform....no be say Olamide dey hold him hand as e take do Kesh

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by AkProsper(m): 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2017
CDQ, PHYNO AND YCEE SHOULDN'T BE ON THAT LIST.
Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Rose To Stardom Under The Influence Of Olamide by clefstone(m): 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2017
Olamide is a great artist but saying Phyno rose to stardom his back is a big fallacy. Phyno and Olamide compliment each other and are both on d same level. I remember one of the big brother africa where they performed one of their collabo, it was obvious the audience knew Phyno better.

(1) (Reply)

Daughter Of The President Of Congo Has Just Leaked Their Tape / Sexy Ghanaian Actress, Kisa Gbekle Shook The Entire Social Media When She Releas / Dice Ailes Dressed Like Femi Otedola For Halloween (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.