Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Seun Osewa (nairaland) Vs Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) On Techpoint - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Seun Osewa (nairaland) Vs Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) On Techpoint (1394 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Threw A Low Budget Baby Shower For His Wife / New Haircut: Mark Zuckerberg Mocked On Twitter (Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg Rock Matching Pajamas With His Beautiful Family (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Osewa (nairaland) Vs Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) On Techpoint by stcool(m): 3:40pm On Jun 15, 2017
In a nutshell, Mark got the smart hands he needed, of course, thanks to the links he got from professors within the space. The support he got really paid off, as Mark Zuckerberg succeeded in founding Facebook, the largest social media empire in the world today, worth over $150b.

Seun, on the other hand, had it really rough, no thanks to the fact that where he comes from, a school dropout is considered nonchalant and unserious. Nevertheless, the zealous Seun never stopped for people’s opinion. Although, he had no professors or advisers to seek counsel from, no team of smart engineers to recruit, and no major fund raising — compared to Zuckerberg who got $500,000 in angel investment in the summer of same year he started his venture — Seun Osewa still managed to create the largest Nigerian forum of today, Nairaland which has over 1.5m monthly users and ranks as the 7th most visited website in Nigeria currently.

https://techpoint.ng/2017/06/14/build-internet-business-ecosystem-nigeria/

Personally I think Seun although I like your style of entrepreneurship, I think its time to connect with the youths more through Talk shows, seminars and conferences.

You have more than enough ideas to share, let's benefit from your wealth of experience.

Nairalanders how una see am?
Re: Seun Osewa (nairaland) Vs Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) On Techpoint by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
Seun's story is remarkable because he virtually has a monopoly on the forum side of Nigerian online media. It takes a supreme belief in oneself (under God) to achieve what he has achieved.
Re: Seun Osewa (nairaland) Vs Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) On Techpoint by Afonjashapmouth: 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2017
Entrepreneurship comes wit different approach and not by public appearances, his anonymity has never affected his site traffic. Nevertheless you will be surprised to know he prolly own another big site you poach on daily. sometimes its good to be underground and keep slaying the money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa (nairaland) Vs Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) On Techpoint by stcool(m): 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
Entrepreneurship comes wit different approach and not by public appearances, his anonymity has never affected his site traffic. Nevertheless you will be surprised to know he prolly own another big site you poach on daily. sometimes its good to be underground and keep slaying the money.

I guess he probably owns other sites too or business interests, but I only wish he could share start up ideas with youths. The guy commands strong interest and I bet you, people would listen if he talks.

Again maybe he is waiting for the right time.
Re: Seun Osewa (nairaland) Vs Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) On Techpoint by Afonjashapmouth: 4:19pm On Jun 15, 2017
stcool:

I guess he probably owns other sites too or business interests, but I only wish he could share start up ideas with youths. The guy commands strong interest and I bet you, people would listen if he talks.

The issue is this Nigeria is never static in regards to market trend, we tends to switch lanes easily. Today its konga tomorrow its jiji, people are unpredictable most times. Sometimes you start up something with passion and it turns out big, trust me it doesn't make you a professional and for this reasons you need to keep it tone down. Linda blog was doing fine until she moved to social and hardly do i see anybody talking about it. Linda is smart however she did not jump out to start lecturing people on blogging. Almost every young Nigerian wants to blog for fast money nowadays, without the proper knowledge, patience and scopes to drive the traffic. With so much fancy blogs out there nowadays which of them has the traffic NL has? i think he should just repackage if he wants more money but for me, with this child's play he is making millions of naira.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa (nairaland) Vs Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) On Techpoint by stcool(m): 4:37pm On Jun 15, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:

The issue is this Nigeria is never static in regards to market trend, we tends to switch lanes easily. Today its konga tomorrow its jiji, people are unpredictable most times. Sometimes you start up something with passion and it turns out big, trust me it doesn't make you a professional and for this reasons you need to keep it tone down. Linda blog was doing fine until she moved to social and hardly do i see anybody talking about it. Linda is smart however she did not jump out to start lecturing people on blogging. Almost every young Nigerian wants to blog for fast money nowadays, without the proper knowledge, patience and scopes to drive the traffic. With so much fancy blogs out there nowadays which of them has the traffic NL has? i think he should just repackage if he wants more money but for me, with this child's play he is making millions of naira.

Very true, sometimes expansion if not well manged can be become crisis. Saw it with a large Company like OANDO when they purchased Conocophllips assets. Linda Ikeji, don't know how she is managing it, but I felt the social thing could distract her audience.
Re: Seun Osewa (nairaland) Vs Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) On Techpoint by BlackDBagba: 6:48pm On Jun 15, 2017
Ok
Re: Seun Osewa (nairaland) Vs Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) On Techpoint by chrislilfee(m): 7:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
yea,it was really a nice and bold step Seun took which I know for him isn't easy but he is still striving to make it despite the odds from hackers and more
Re: Seun Osewa (nairaland) Vs Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) On Techpoint by meobizy(f): 11:38pm On Dec 30, 2018
There’s no comparison.
Re: Seun Osewa (nairaland) Vs Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) On Techpoint by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 31, 2018
stcool:

Or maybe, he doesn't really exist? Seun could be a stooge by the British to control the Nigerian youths
Re: Seun Osewa (nairaland) Vs Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) On Techpoint by skyhighweb(m): 2:01pm On Dec 31, 2018
yeye comparison
someone downloaded a forum script n is scared to make changes so he doesnt break the site

why d other built it from scratch n keep making changes as d yr goes by

common nairaland ad nah wahala
u post topic mod will turn it to theres n put there site link
Nairaland upgrade is a colour update fb is changing d whole site

please compare fb owner with someone else
Re: Seun Osewa (nairaland) Vs Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) On Techpoint by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:46pm On Dec 31, 2018
Nairaland is a joke. Yes he's making money but is he making changes? This same nairaland since 2006. No new features, nothing!
Up till now, people still can't send private messages to each other on this forum.
Abeg compare Facebook with someone else. Not nairaland ooo...
Maybe nairaland and Zealnut are the same sha but even that one is more advanced.
Re: Seun Osewa (nairaland) Vs Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) On Techpoint by Kay512: 5:46pm On Jan 01, 2019
As funny and thoughtless this may sound, Seun could just be afraid of overwhelming requests/helps fame could get to him.

(1) (Reply)

Get 10k Pageview/day On Your Website - 2017 / How To Boost Laptop Battery From 0% To Like 20% Manually. / Youtube Account With 2k Subscribers,70k+ Views+its Verified Naija Adsense 4 Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.