Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,253 members, 7,780,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:05 PM

Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? (32630 Views)

Is 500k Enough To Migrate To Canada Or Finland? / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by segtak25: 3:51pm On Jun 15, 2017
Good Afternoon ,

I need your Career advice on something have been thinking and researching on for some weeks now.
i graduated from the University of Nigeria , Nsukka april this year.
When I told my uncle Who had promised to sponsor me abroad for my Master degree earlier this year.
He was very happy and said i should start the process for the admission in canada so that i can resume with them September 2018.
According to him he said i should process the admission and Visa apllication when partaking in the compulsory Nysc.

The main Issue bothering me now is , I will be Mobilised for Nysc Program by november this year which will be completed October Nextyear(2018)
Msc program in any institution in Canada starts September, that is a month before the completion of NYSC.
Meanwhile, Institutions in canada commence course and other registartion for masters degree in August (2018).

There are two option i'm thinking of:

1.I am thinking of Skiping NYsC but afraid i might need it in future.

2.If i decide to put in for Nysc , There is a popular saying that "Opportunity knocks but once"..

We all know Nysc is getting smart everyday

Pls my fellow Nairalander , i need your advice on these ..

5 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by SUPERPACK: 4:13pm On Jun 15, 2017
Go for your MASTERS before your uncle changes his mind, You can then go for service any time you finish, NYSC is nt running away.

307 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by segtak25: 4:18pm On Jun 15, 2017
Okay...
Pls more advise ..

I am 24years old now..
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by vickertony(m): 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2017
I have such plans as yours, but the problem in your case is,what if you didn't get admission to do msc yet after you applied?
you need to apply to atleast 3 schools to have a chance,before you decide against going for service.
Decision is yours to make, reason am well.
i will advise you try traveling to Canada,goodluck with getting admission and you need to act fast now you still have a sponsor.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by 9jabiggurl: 4:34pm On Jun 15, 2017
segtak25:
Okay...
Pls more advise

Who has NYSC helped Please don't loose the opportunity to go further your studies that can land you better chances in Life than seeking for NYSC....#my2cents

134 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by segtak25: 4:52pm On Jun 15, 2017
angry angry
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
Go for your NYSC, anyone telling you to abandon NYSC is an enemy of progress, does not understand the value of the programme, and is not someone you should be listening to.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by takenadoh: 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2017
I dey come make I ask the gods

The gods have spoken this is an easy task do both,
A bird in hand is better than 2 in the forest , my child.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by wristbangle: 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2017
Masters degree in Canada ASAP. Leave NYSC for now abeg

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by geozone: 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2017
And get posted to borno?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by okills: 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2017
Canada Naim sure pass

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by 0b100100111: 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2017
Canada straight-up!

It's no topic worth deliberation!

Answer is fixed!

Canada!

90 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by fratermathy(m): 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2017
Except you don't intend coming back to Nigeria to do any work, get your Nysc certificate first. You can never tell what the future portends.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Mbamally(m): 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
SUPERPACK:
Go for your MASTERS before your uncle changes his mind, You can then go for service any time you finish, NYSC is nt running away.

EXACTLY

18 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Rider23: 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hmm!
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by idolda: 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
You can do the two

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Nuezha(m): 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
The last time I checked, DANGOTE's resumè is one of the shallowest. Nevertheless, he's boss.

My advise, the choice is yours to make.

5 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by fratermathy(m): 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
idolda:
You can do the two

Are you advocating for ghost corper mode?

10 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
grin see as devil they push nysc come your life when God they give you Canada

Abeg go Canada.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
Masters in Canada.... it's more than just education, it's also a chance for you to see the world differently. travelling opens up your view of things.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by OGsteven(m): 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
With all my mouth iyalaya NYSC.....baba u can do it later

6 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by hardeywhale2: 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
How old are you?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by obembet(f): 5:17pm On Jun 15, 2017
PBundles:
I dont see the issue most universities in the EU, US and Canada have Fall and Spring intake. Do the NYSC and enrol for Spring, dont uinderstand the issue?

Go for NYSC so that ur case will not be like Senator Dino

5 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by segtak25: 5:17pm On Jun 15, 2017
idolda:
You can do the two
how?
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by LexngtonSteele: 5:17pm On Jun 15, 2017
Canada...NEXT! angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by PBundles(m): 5:17pm On Jun 15, 2017
I dont see the issue most universities in the EU, US and Canada have Fall (Aug/Sept) and Winter (Jan/feb) intake. Do the NYSC and enrol for Winter, dont uinderstand the issue?

15 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by INTROVERT(f): 5:18pm On Jun 15, 2017
Once you do in your masters in Canada, you get a job afterwards. What are you coming back to Nigeria to do again.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by MrMcJay(m): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2017
When I served in Lagos, I had lots of corper colleagues who schooled in various countries of the world coming back to Nigeria for their NYSC service. They obviously had seen a lot of things which you aren't yet aware of. I met one of my most wonderful friends when we were paired to wash pots in NYSC kitchen camp. As at when we met, she already had an LLM in International finance. I was also preparing for my Call to bar then.

Dimeji Bankole the Former Speaker of the House of Reps studied in the UK. When he was elected as Speaker, some people came up with a petition against him that he didn't serve in NYSC. It was his NYSC Cert that availed him.

Depends on your priorities. If you're gonna burn the NYSC bridge, better be damn sure you wouldn't need that bridge in future.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2017
.Canada things
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by kratoss(m): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2017
If you plan on coming back to nigeria to work just know that nysc cert is mre of a priority than your masters degree... So its a sure thing you wil cme back and do that service, ita all thesame wic ever way u decide to take it.. Except if the canada is a now or never offer,i will prefer to finish d service.. My opinion

2 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by goodmorning40: 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2017
U can try getting exemption from nysc. Go to their office and find out how possible it is for u

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by sekem: 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2017
***In Antonio Conte's voice*** My friend, go to CANADA!!!

NYSC is a dead program

Unless you don't mind WASTING another year after the ones you must have wasted at UNN wink

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) / Enugu Airport Flood Pictures / Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.