Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Finding Mrs Right - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Finding Mrs Right (22970 Views)

Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe / Finding Me (a true life story) / STORY: Mrs. Chika, My Favorite 'teacher'[part 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding Mrs Right by queenitee(f): 1:40pm On Jul 12, 2017
romanticnovels:

No. Please send to romanticnovellas0@gmail.com
Yes ma
Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 7:12pm On Jul 13, 2017
The sky was clogged with grey clouds and the wind howled against the glass. It looked like it would thunderstorm at any second. Lawrence shut his window panes and removed his coat. He was done for the day. He got out of his office and walked down series of corridors. He squeezed his eyes shut and mumbled some incoherent words when his eyes fell on Stella’s frame. She was walking up the corridor, with her hands inside the pockets of her coat. Lawrence stopped abruptly and wondered whether or not to turn around and walk in the opposite corridor even though it would be a longer journey. “Lawrence” Her voice broke the stillness of the corridor. Lawrence smirked and walked up to her. He wanted to act maturely, the way a real man should handle breakups and exes.
“Hi” he smiled at her softly.
“Lawrence, why didn’t you pick my calls yesterday? I sent you messages too but you replied none. What is happening to us?” she asked, her face contorting into a deep frown.
“Stella, there was no ‘us’. All you cared about was you and what you wanted. You were just too demanding. Look, I want us to handle this like adults that we are.” He said. He spotted some dark circles underneath her eyes and sighed. The breakup was obviously taking its toll on her.
“Lawrence, please. Don’t do this to me. I promise to change. Just give me a second chance”
A breath escaped harshly from his throat.
“Stella. I am sorry, I have to go now. We are still friends right?”He asked.
She kept silent and continued staring at him. Twin tears rolled down her cheeks and gently dropped on her white coat. Lawrence patted her shoulder and walked away without a glance back.

Getting to where his car was parked, he fished out his phone and dialed Toke’s digits.
“Hello?” Toke’s voice rang into the mouthpiece.
“Toke. Are you almost down? You told me yesterday you have noon shift today.”
“Umm. Am almost done. My shift ends by 5:00pm and its 4:30 already, any problem?”
“i would love to drop you off and know your place”
“Alright then. Just give me thirty minutes. I would call you when I am done”
He ended the call and slid into the driver’s seat. After about five minutes, he drove out of the hospital premises to a nearby restaurant and got two plates of chicken and chips with ketch up. He just thought it would be cool to get something for them both.
He drove back to the hospital and sat on a bench under the tree waiting for her.
“Lawrence. Why are you doing this?” he asked himself but he couldn’t fathom a reasonable reason.
His phone rang, it was toke. He stood up and walked to his car. He entered and wheeled it to the pharmacy. He stopped just in front of it and called her to inform her he was around.
“Hey” She greeted, smiling sweetly at him. She was beautifully dressed in a bell shaped skirt and a sky blue striped shirt.
“Hi” he replied, winding down the glass. She walked at a brisk pace to the passenger’s seat and sank into the warmth and comfort of the seat. She placed her head on the headrest and sighed.
“Today was so hectic” She pouted her lips as she wiped beads of sweat from her nose.
Lawrence looked at her admiringly and smiled.
“What?” she asked once she caught him smiling.
“Nice hair” He commented on her newly made hair.
“Braids look good on you” he added.
Toke gasped in surprise and burst into laughter.
“What’s so amusing?” he asked, widening his eyes.
“You knowing what braids is. It is so amusing” “I am not that bad at these things you know.”
“Uhm. I bought this for us” he said, fetching the pack of food from the backseat.
“Aww” she cooed. She felt a frisson of desire shiver down her spine and curl around to nest low in her belly as she held his gaze.

3 Likes

Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 7:12pm On Jul 13, 2017
“Thanks.” She finally said, getting the pack from him.
“Chicken and chips! Thanks a lot Lawrence”
“Don’t mention. ” he stated as he ignited and started driving out.
“So, I take it that you don’t know how to cook” “I.. err. I cant describe myself as a good cook but I do know how to toast bread, make noodles and boil water for tea”
Toke burst out into laughter, her eyes closed in pleasure as she shrilled and continued laughing.
“Welcome to my house.” Toke said. She gulped as she eyed him speculatively. He wasn’t just attractive, he was downright gorgeous. Taking him in lit a fire in her that started from embers she hadn’t realized burned within her.
“You have a lovely place here” “Thank you” She replied, her face lighting up.
”Let me go get us plates for the food” toke said. “I think you should go change into a more comfortable outfit.” His voice morphed into a deeper tone as he spoke.
“Alright. Feel at home!” she spoke, giving a chiming giggle as she trailed off.
Lawrence watched her walk away and smiled. He rested on the chair and admired her house. It was painted in hot pink and cream. It was a three bedroom flat and was spacious enough. Lawrence felt a stab of arousal in him when Toke came out in a black short and green tank top. He swallowed the lump in his throat and sighed.
She smiled at him as she picked up the pack of food and went to the kitchen. Lawrence unbuttoned his shirt to the third button and stood up. He walked to the kitchen and leaned on the door frame. Since she didn’t notice his presence, he further walked in and stood behind her, then grazed his fingers on her arm, gingerly drawing circles in it.
“Law..Lawrence” She drawled, the burning sensation in her spine made her choke on her words. She felt her nipples draw to tight points as a strange heaviness filled her breasts.
She turned and wowed at the close proximity between them. He looked into her eyes and she did the same. Slowly, she felt her own reluctance bubbling within her. She couldn’t think of a plausible reason to still stay pressed so close to him and so, she took a cautious step back though the whole of her craved for his touch.

“Toke” He called. The flirtation in his voice made her cheeks flare with colour.
“Gosh. This man!” she thought as she bit her lower lip, staring at him with lust filled eyes. The definition of his torso and his muscles so snugly encased in his biceps made her mouth go dry.

2 Likes

Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 7:14pm On Jul 13, 2017
The sound of gagging and vomits was loud enough to make Lawrence turn back. He headed to the second flat just behind his. As he approached the self contain, a putrid smell hit his nose, making him wonder if it was actually Vivian throwing up or someone else. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the former vomiting repeatedly.
“Hey, Vivian!” he called out as he hastened his steps into her house to fetch a bowl of water. He rinsed her face with the water and washed off the vomit into the drainage.
Taking her inside, he cautiously plopped her down on a couch and supported her back with a throw pillow.
“Viv. You are not okay” he firmly said.
The plump lady who was in her late twenties eyed him and looked away. She was clothed in a ‘danshiki’ gown and her hair was tied into a messy bun.
“Viv?” he called out.
“Talk to me” He added before gently stroking her arm. Vivian jerked off from his grip and clicked her tongue.
“Lawrence, please leave”
He sighed and ducked his head low. Yes he knew they had not been the best of friends ever since he returned from Lagos but then he wouldn’t blame himself. He had drew into his own nest after the failed wedding and he really made sure to avoid bumping into his neigbour, who also happened to be his best friend, yeah, aside Jeff.
They had become friends when Vivian moved in a year ago. The ‘Hi..hello’ they muttered to each other as just flatmates had blossomed into a tight friendship. They discussed a lot of things. Even family and relationship affairs and when Lawrence was getting married, she supported him in all the ways she could. She was even the one that chose his tux and shoes. It was just so sad the wedding didn’t go as planned.
“Viv. I know I have been acting really weird ever since I got back but you just have to understand that-“
“Understand what?” Vivian snapped, her tongue snaking out to touch the tip of her lower lip.
“You knew you were my best friend and there was no one else I could confide in. that’s certainly why you had to treat me like shit, leaving me to my world” she rambled.

2 Likes

Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
“Vivian. It is not like that. Its just that after what happened, I just got confused with my life, this marriage pressure is eating me up. I have been having terrible mood swings and I didn't want you to be affected with my own problems."
"But we are friends yeah? I've got you and you've got me. We should be able to help each other, even mentally and emotionally"
"Yeah. I know right. I am deeply sorry Viv"
She nodded and gave him a smile. "So what have you been up to?" She asked.
"I think the question should be what have you been up to Vivian, you look sick"
She heaved a sigh and blinked away what seemed like tears.
"It's kunle" she breathed. "Okay? He raises his voice a bit, meaning that he wanted her to tell him more.
"Okay fine! He's been really complaining about my weight lately. I had to get this drink a friend recommended and it's been turning my stomach ever since I started using it. I just want this weight to go down. It's holding me back. My looks, my confidence, self esteem and now my relationship?"
"Yesterday, he commented on a post on Instagram. It was a post saying you should tag fat people that you know. Guess what my boyfriend did." She stopped and wiped away the tears that were now streaming down her chubby cheeks freely.
"He tagged me and compared me to an over risen bread" she squeezed her pale face painfully and pricked the corner of her glassy eyes. "Jeez!" Lawrence wheezed as he moved closer to her and wiped off her tears.

2 Likes

Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
Lawrence finished up with the rest of the patients and hurried out of his office. He said his byes to his friends and nurses and left. He had a date with Toke in about twenty minutes and he wanted to branch at a boutique to buy a bowtie for his suit.
But why was he trying to impress her anyway? Could it be that Toke had hit a soft spot in his heart? He punched in a message to her, informing her he would be a bit late for the date, but not anything later than fifteen extra minutes.
He parked in front of a boutique and walked in. He made his choice,a polka dot wine and black bowtie and paid.
He drove off to his house and had a change of outfit. He made sure to smell good. When he was dressed to his satisfaction, he briefly greeted Vivian. The latter accessed him and gave his dressing a thumbs up. He had informed her he was going on a date but he really didn't talk much about Toke.
Finding a space at the parking lot, he adjusted his shirt and make his entry into the restaurant.
Beautifully made up face, long dark brows above cat-like eyes, lush firm boobs, hour glass shape and hot legs which looked a mile long in those spiky heels.
Damn! She had a make-me-sin kind of beauty.
Toke was carrying a small tray of samosa and red wine. She flashed him a smile when she saw him. He returned her smile and walked up to her.
"Hello beautiful" he greeted, admiring her every feature. He took in the smell of her perfume, she reeked of heavy floral perfume. It was an addicting scent. "Hi doc" her voice was soft and low, reminding him of dark rooms and silent nights.
He mimicked her by also lowering her voice whilst a wide smile crossed her lips.
When she smiled at him, he forgot how to breath.
Well, after about an hour of talking and smiling, Toke and Lawrence walked out of the restaurant. They both leaned on his car, facing each other and holding hands.
"Thanks for this date" he said and she blushed a dark shade of pink.
"You are welcome. I had fun. It was like that was our first date" she spoke softly. Lawrence reflectively breathed out a laugh.
"Okay so can I get a goodnight peck?"
Her face contorted into a frown, making Lawrence's heart do some swelling up.

1 Like

Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 7:16pm On Jul 13, 2017
To be continued tomorrow. Have a lovely night rest

1 Like

Re: Finding Mrs Right by MhizDherbee(f): 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2017
Welcome back!!!

1 Like

Re: Finding Mrs Right by Kimkardashain(f): 7:41pm On Jul 13, 2017
wow wow wow, so sweet

1 Like

Re: Finding Mrs Right by pweetymhi(f): 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2017
Lawrence found love.......... Hmmmmm lemme just watch as this unfolds By the way nice writeup@ miss romantic

1 Like

Re: Finding Mrs Right by queenitee(f): 10:10pm On Jul 13, 2017
Love love
Re: Finding Mrs Right by Ayomicome(m): 10:40pm On Jul 13, 2017
It's been a while.....don't keep us waiting too long abeg. Nice one.
Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 6:46am On Jul 14, 2017
It had been four months Lawrence met Toke and their friendship blossomed like a lily by the river side. He virtually knew a lot of things about her now. He knew she liked yam and egg, could do anything to have a cool boat ride and yacht cruise, loved cakes with caramel frostings and next to that was reading e-books on a particular page on instagram, her favourite page actually, Talesofhearts.
Lawrence knew there was no one else he wanted to be with than Toke, so he decided to ask her out on Friday night which happened to be Valentine ’s Day.
Walking into a cake shop, he ordered for a red velvet cake rich with caramel toppings. He paid for it and promised to be back Friday morning for the package. He bought her a red short gown and nude heels. Then he thought it would be nice to get a bouquet too. He branched at a bouquet shop and bought crispy red and gold bouquet. It was beautiful.
“All these for her?” Vivian wowed as she dropped the gown on the sofa.
“Yes Viv. That girl deserves more and I love her already God! She’s bursting my brain”
Vivian wheezed out a laugh and playfully punched him on the arm.
“Lover boy. This happens once in a while and I am happy you have found love again. The last time I saw these sparks in your eyes was when you dated that Hausa girl your mom rejected”
“It’s all good you know. Vivian, toke is my missing piece. She is unique in her own ways. We’ve hung out a lot of times and I can tell she’s the one I want to be with”
Vivian smiled and winked at him.
“Oh please! We both know you don’t know how to wink. I am the winking master here” He said and winked.
Vivian rolled her eyes and threw him a pillow.
“Please, no pillow fight today bestie!” “Oh really?” she asked as she lurched forward and pressed a pillow to his face.
It was Friday evening, Vivian watched as Lawrence tried different suits. He would wear one, look at the mirror and throw the thing off, mumbling some words to himself.
“Seriously, you have been planning for this night ever since and finally, its here and you don’t know what to wear? Who does this?” She huffed.
“Of course I know what to wear. I just-“
“Yes of course you know what to wear. It’s pretty obvious you do Dr Lawrence” she said as she adjusted her frame on his bed. Lawrence caught her reflection in the mirror he was facing and smirked.
“Okay fine. I know you’ve been dying to hear me ask you for a help” he stopped and scoffed while Vivian gave a devilish laughter.
“Oya, sha come and select one”
Vivian smiled and got out of the bed. She raised up a suit jacket and rolled her eyes.
“Seriously? You were considering wearing a white suit to go meet a lady”
“And what’s wrong with that?”
“No I should be asking you what’s wrong with wearing a sweet colour like navy-blue. You’ll just wear a black shirt in, black trousers and navy blue jacket like this one here” she said, raising up a navy-blue jacket with black stripes at the collar.
A sinister smile crossed his lips.
“Not bad!” he said, combing a hand through his hair.
With a big heart shaped cake in one hand, a gift bag containing the gown and bouquet in another hand, Lawrence sighed as he stood before Toke’s door with adrenaline coursing through his system. “Gosh! What sort of man am I if at thirty-two, I am still this nervous asking a lady out” he breathed, silencing the battle his mind was having with his heart.
He adjusted his collar and dropped the gift bag on the floor before gently placing two quick knocks on the dark reddish brown mahogany door.
After knocking for a while, he checked the time. It was 8:13pm and she was meant to be at home. At least, he had called in the morning to ask her how she would spend the val and she had said she would be at home. Just that, he didn’t tell her he would be coming over. He wanted her to be fascinated with the surprise and all.
He turned the knob and pushed the door open. He entered with the cake and gift bag and closed the door. “Toke!” his voice broke slightly
“Omotoke!” he called out again, this time louder.
He was about walking to her room when a dishevelled Toke rushed out.
“Lawrence. What are you doing here?” she asked, raking her hands through her scraggly hair as a shiver of fear ran down her spine.

1 Like

Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 6:46am On Jul 14, 2017
“Erm. I just thought it was a nice idea coming to spend some time with you. You look tattered, are you okay?” he asked, raising a dark brow.
“Honey! You are taking too long. Won’t we finish what has been started?”A masculine voice spoke from the room.
Lawrence felt like a dagger was plunged dangerously into his heart as he froze, crestfallen.
“Lawrence please you have to go now. I have an important guest. I will beep you when I am done” “No you don’t have to. I get it” he discomfitedly said and scampered out of the room with the gifts, feeling like the earth beneath him would shift anytime soon.
Lawrence heaved a deep sigh as he placed the cake and bag on the backseat. He sat down and began to wonder what was happening. Four months with her and he didn’t know there was a man somewhere in her life. But she had given him the brightest green light a lady can ever give a man. Though she didn’t specifically state that she was single and there wasn’t a time he asked too. He had just assumed she was single since all her actions screamed that title.
With a disarrayed mind, he drove back home. He was so close to tears but he made up his mind not to cry. He had handled more disappointing and mentally sensitive situations in the past; Toke’s case wasn’t going to break down the man in him. He got the cake and bag from the back and walked to the second flat.
He knocked on the door but there was no response. “Vivian, are you home?” he asked as he walked to the window, closing one eye and using the other eye to peer.
He saw Vivian sitting on the rug, crying her eyes out. She was using knife to destroy some photographs, wailing loudly as she did so. Her makeup was soiled due to the tears and the red gown she was on was in ruins. It was definitely a bad dinner she had with her boyfriend.
He quickly walked back to the door and opened it, thankfully, it wasn’t locked.
“Vivian!”
“He broke up with me! That bastard! After three years” she yelled. She looked like she would pass out at any moment. Her completely glazed over eyes were turning paler as seconds went by.

2 Likes

Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 6:47am On Jul 14, 2017
“He said I was the worst thing that ever happened to him. He said he’s not proud to show me off and that explains why he hasn’t introduced me to his parents. He said he can’t marry a fat pumpkin. He said…” she stopped and suddenly started pulling her hair like a mad woman.
Lawrence dropped all he held in his hands on the chair and sat next to her. He was surprised to see that she cut out Kunle’s face in the pictures they both took together and also tore some into pieces.
He held her face in his palm and stroked it lightly.
“It’s okay Viv. You are very beautiful the way you are. He lost a gem and he is going to realize that soon enough. No man is worth your tears”
“Because they are golden.” He added.
He pulled her into a warm embrace and consoled her, kneading his fingers into her skin and muttering sweet nothings to her ear. At a point, he stopped and the only sound in the room was that of the ceiling fan and their breathings.
Suddenly, she moved away from him when her eyes caught the cake and the gift bag on the chair.
“And toke? You asked her out right?”
His heart sunk into his stomach at the mention of that name.
“No, I was going to do so actually but…” he sighed and buried his face in his palms.
He explained what happened to her, he told her what he heard. Exactly the way it was said.
“Awww” she cooed softly.
“She probably had her own boyfriend and was using you to pass time, kill boredom or something”
“I guess so too”
It was then her turn to scoop him in her arms.
“It’s okay. It’s okay to cry. Let’s cry our eyes out now so we can move on afterwards” she said and as if on cue, a tear slid down Lawrence’s face.
Together they cried in silence together for what seemed like forever.
There is nothing that can be compared to the tears shed by two broken hearts.
Vivian cleared her throat and broke the silence.
“But it’s a good thing anytime these things happen; you have a place to come back to. A home” she sniffed, looking into his eyes.
Lawrence glared at her, taking in the deeper meaning of what she just uttered.
‘A home… a home..’ he mumbled.

2 Likes

Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 6:49am On Jul 14, 2017
EPISODE FINALE.

‘A home… a home’

“Your heart is the home Vivian, your place has always been the home ever since I met you a year ago. Anytime I am broke, I come to you. Anytime you are ripped apart, you come to me. What other home is better than the one here?” he asked, touching her chest.

He held her hands and looked into her dark hazel eyes. Then slowly, their fingers intertwined. Their noses made contact, followed by their lips.
A kiss was shared.

“I can’t believe for a year now, I had been looking for someone who was just right behind my flat. I had been looking for the right person who happened to be someone close” He said as he bit a slice of cake. After a hot session of kisses, PHCN took the light so they lit a candle and sat on the rug, eating the cake.

“So this cake was meant for me, and you wanted to give out what was for me to another lady” she giggled, downing her glass of pure havens wine. She stared at the glim the candle was giving to their soft shadows on the wall and smiled.

“That was when I didn’t know my Mrs. right was my best friend. Actually, I have a confession” he whispered into her hair.

“Spill”

“I’ve actually had this growing affection or is it feelings for you for a long time now, but I didn’t want to spoil our friendship or create any awkwardness between us if you ended up turning me down so I kept the feelings at bay and forced myself to see you as a friend and nothing more”

“Hmmm. I also had a thing for you tho but Kunle and the flaws he pointed out in my body clouded my thoughts that I didn’t dwell so much on the butterflies you gave me anytime you were around me”
“So, now that we know we are meant for eachother, we should start planning a wedding” Lawrence said, wiping some icing from his lips.

“A wedding?” her brows drew together in askance.

“Yes, a wedding” Lawrence finalized as he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead while Vivian curled up on him like a tiny kitten.

‘Yes it is true that love finds you at the least expected places’

THE END.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding Mrs Right by Kimkardashain(f): 6:58am On Jul 14, 2017
romanticnovels this is wonderful, awww so sweet! mention me in ur nxt story

1 Like

Re: Finding Mrs Right by pweetymhi(f): 7:02am On Jul 14, 2017
Ur mrs right at last, a captivating piece, more mb to ur phone, @ miss romantic do well to mention me in ur next story ,,,,,,,,, cheesy
Re: Finding Mrs Right by kimfunmilayo(f): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2017
Nice write-up ������
Re: Finding Mrs Right by queenitee(f): 7:34am On Jul 14, 2017
Nice one. Thumbs up
Re: Finding Mrs Right by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 14, 2017
Nice one dear. God bless you
Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 9:59am On Jul 14, 2017
Amen. Thanks guys. Feedbacks from you always put a smile on my face. Thanks for appreciating this piece..

1 Like

Re: Finding Mrs Right by Oyindawealth(f): 10:12am On Jul 14, 2017
Wow! Wow!! And wow!!! Dat was so sweet.weldone romanticnovels... More wisdom 2 ur brain.
Re: Finding Mrs Right by iiru: 4:13pm On Jul 14, 2017
lovely story. well done
Re: Finding Mrs Right by Ayomicome(m): 4:30pm On Jul 14, 2017
wow....after all the finding mrs right was just one step away.....lovely one.....weldone ma
Re: Finding Mrs Right by 123456dr(f): 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
Awwwwwnnnnnn
Re: Finding Mrs Right by Hardehkehmih(f): 8:45pm On Jul 14, 2017
Wow.... Such a lovely story
Re: Finding Mrs Right by LilySopi(f): 10:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
kingphilip
Re: Finding Mrs Right by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 15, 2017
Beautiful story...want more.
Re: Finding Mrs Right by Eniqurl(f): 11:05am On Jul 15, 2017
Awwwn.. So so sweet..
Re: Finding Mrs Right by Akinwale14(m): 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2017
romanticnovels nice story sis,, invite me whenever u start another story,,u hear
Re: Finding Mrs Right by Nuellaluv(f): 9:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nice story sis please mention me when you start something new

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Throw Back Picture Of Wole Soyinka On A Stage Play 1960(pics) / My Take On Chimamanda "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Does Anyone Feel The Same Way To? / Hacked:romance And Action Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.