Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her (9263 Views)

Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes / Woman Beats Her Husband Mercilessly For Hitting Her / My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by vanemo: 11:45pm On Jun 15, 2017
EkoErrands:
Op one of her numerous friends just got a Venza as a birthday gift from her husband...Your wife has started having sleepless nights over it.

Just trace am well ...you will know the particular friend and the model of Venza that is trying to destroy ya marriage. Thunder fire Japan!

Lol
Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by TheUmbra: 11:58pm On Jun 15, 2017
OP,

First off, there's always a positive side to every unpleasant situation. From what you wrote about your parents' separation, it is clear you took your mother's side for apparent reasons - she's the one who raised you and paid most of the sacrifice that made you who you are today. You most definitely blamed your father.

But now you're going through something similar. You're learning first hand what most women are. But don't make your father's mistake else your wife will paint a sorry, emotional fable before your daughter, labelling you as the uncaring, wayward father who abandoned his family. And your relationship with your daughter would be fractured by your wife. This is woman for you. They're enemies of truth and emotional blackmail runs in their vains.

Look for your father if he's still alive. Hear from him what caused his separation from your mom. Marry it to your current situation and apply wisdom not to head down your father's path.

As for your wife, you've become a predicted robot to her. Women have the power of observation. She knows you in and out. You must change this by a large extent if you want to keep her intrigued, fascinated and curious.

Be largely unpredictable. I can swear she knows what you don't like and deliberately do them. She expects a particular reaction from you and you always act her script.

Don't show provocations mostly, even when she disrespects you. Act independent even with domestic chores and washing even your cloths. Don't eat her food and don't reach for her body. Then watch her getting all anxious and worried. She would either start throwing all kinds of wild allegations against you (which is a way of saying her strategy has backfired) or she'd start retracing her steps.

9 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by NihinlolaTenny: 12:10am On Jun 16, 2017
poshestmina:

That 'bitch' someone's wife and mother undecided undecided.

it's obvious the so called husband doesn't even mind because he's already seeing her as such.

If you know the kinds of ladies out now you would try and work on your home n not looking for people to tell you how to start hitting her or break up your home. I'm not in anyway insinuating that her actions are right but I believe that if you truly love her you would cut her some slacks and look for ways to have the so called family of your dream. I tell you a reasonable man will not tell you to give up on your family just like that or turn you into a woman beater.
if you don't know, it's a curse for man who sleeps with his wife to raise his hands to batter her.

You also have to reduce your expectations as regards the optimal level of respect you want from her. I think a woman who has undertaken some sacrifices out of the love She has for you (like you affirmed to), who was patient with you also needs you to be patient with her n guide her to become the kind of wife you want. she passed her test, it's time for u to also pass yours.

if you think I typed trash. you can start by beating her and later divorce her. it's Your Home, Your Wife and most importantly Your Life n Future Happiness.
even if you marry another woman she would have her own flaws. correct her with love n pray with her n for her. I was told that the early years of marriage are usually the trying periods.

if infidelity is the case and you are really really certain (u Av caught her) then the choice is yours. if you want to stay or leave.

if she is not cheating on you Pls don't assume she is and subsequently give up on her attitude. I believe in showing love, counseling her n I strongly believe in God and Prayers. May God sustain your home.

10 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by baby124: 1:41am On Jun 16, 2017
I have not seen anything she did that will warrant this thread or threats of divorce from you. So? She walked out on you? Maybe she did not want to argue or fight with you. I tend to do the same when a conversation is unproductive and heated.

So you can't live with her again because she walked out on a conversation you both were having. Divorce her now, and go and find the woman for you. I wish you luck in that. That you can think to beat your wife because of what you have written here shows that you have an ego problem, as well as an anger problem.

I can bet that you were nagging and fighting, so she walked away. Otherwise your reaction will be different. All this jelosimi children getting married. I will divorce! I will divorce! You think you are doing us? You are doing yourself! Go and find a woman that will treat you like god. You better hope you remain god, because the moment you go broke, that woman that treats you like god will disgrace you throughly. Jump from frying pan to fire make we hear word.

When you were broke and down, will you ever have dreamed to raise your dirty hands on her as the breadwinner? I don't think so.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by Nobody: 3:45am On Jun 16, 2017
vanemo

It's only a savage and barbarian who doesn't know how to resolve their problems without violence. My husband uttered some nonsense like that one day and my words to him were "beat me". I told him to remember if he did it, he would die that day. My entire family would descend on him and he would be gone. Since we live in the US now, it would likely be seen as self defense. From that day forward he began to talk about his issues and I never heard anything like that again out of his mouth. If you touch your wife in any harmful way, I pray that she leaves you impotent and blind. Savages deserve savagery.

If you don't feel you can resolve the problem, then sit down with your wife and a third party who can help you resolve the issues. If that isn't working, then leave for a while and work on your problems separately. As a last resort, divorce, but realize you will never find a perfect partner.

Also are you sure you are good at sex? My husband thinks he is doing well, but he is terrible. I don't even like him touching me any more. However I pretend it's ok when we are together so his feelings aren't hurt. Don't ever be surprised by a woman cheating. Many women cheat and men never find out.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by armyofone(m): 4:17am On Jun 16, 2017
Smh, best you walk away if you don't like what you think you are getting than hitting or beating her. She is your wife - she has her own mind!!
Hussy: Babes, you forgot? Okay please can you do it for me tomorrow?
Wifey: No darling you know my schedule is so tight tmr.
Hussy: Alright I will take care of it, kissed and cuddled up w/ her.
Everything mustn't be war and survival of the fittest in Nigeria, must it ??

9 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by armyofone(m): 4:21am On Jun 16, 2017
By the way, your wife didn't do anything wrong. You are badly stressed up. Please use the gym your body and mind really need it.

9 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by ireneidiva(f): 4:40am On Jun 16, 2017
vanemo:

My dear I don discuss tire.
Nothing there warrants beating. She walked out on you is not enough maybe your manner of approach was bad. Too much pepper? Some days are just like that in cooking. Not delivering your errands just shows incompetence or she is just not an organised person. Stop sending her those errands. Since you already noticed some things and decided to continue with the marriage, continue tolerating. You can't beat a grown up woman except you are an animal. I'm very sure you have your own shortcomings. She can't hit you, can she? Finally, if you are that tired, take her back to where you married her from. Don't kill somebody's child.

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by fabulous85: 5:08am On Jun 16, 2017
FortuneTeller:
vanemo

It's only a savage and barbarian who doesn't know how to resolve their problems without violence. My husband uttered some nonsense like that one day and my words to him were "beat me". I told him to remember if he did it, he would die that day. My entire family would descend on him and he would be gone. Since we live in the US now, it would likely be seen as self defense. From that day forward he began to talk about his issues and I never heard anything like that again out of his mouth. If you touch your wife in any harmful way, I pray that she leaves you impotent and blind. Savages deserve savagery.

If you don't feel you can resolve the problem, then sit down with your wife and a third party who can help you resolve the issues. If that isn't working, then leave for a while and work on your problems separately. As a last resort, divorce, but realize you will never find a perfect partner.

Also are you sure you are good at sex? My husband thinks he is doing well, but he is terrible. I don't even like him touching me any more. However I pretend it's ok when we are together so his feelings aren't hurt. Don't ever be surprised by a woman cheating. Many women cheat and men never find out.
so because he uttered some "nonsence" you decided to provoke him more by telling him to beat you. you are a bad wife. the reason why you told him so is because you live in the US and know the law will make him leave his house for you. besides from your last sentence you are definitely cheating on your husband.repent

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by tunde82seidat(f): 5:13am On Jun 16, 2017
NihinlolaTenny:

it's obvious the so called husband doesn't even mind because he's already seeing her as such.

If you know the kinds of ladies out now you would try and work on your home n not looking for people to tell you how to start hitting her or break up your home. I'm not in anyway insinuating that her actions are right but I believe that if you truly love her you would cut her some slacks and look for ways to have the so called family of your dream. I tell you a reasonable man will not tell you to give up on your family just like that or turn you into a woman beater.
if you don't know, it's a curse for man who sleeps with his wife to raise his hands to batter her.

You also have to reduce your expectations as regards the optimal level of respect you want from her. I think a woman who has undertaken some sacrifices out of the love She has for you (like you affirmed to), who was patient with you also needs you to be patient with her n guide her to become the kind of wife you want. she passed her test, it's time for u to also pass yours.

if you think I typed trash. you can start by beating her and later divorce her. it's Your Home, Your Wife and most importantly Your Life n Future Happiness.
even if you marry another woman she would have her own flaws. correct her with love n pray with her n for her. I was told that the early years of marriage are usually the trying periods.

if infidelity is the case and you are really really certain (u Av caught her) then the choice is yours. if you want to stay or leave.

if she is not cheating on you Pls don't assume she is and subsequently give up on her attitude. I believe in showing love, counseling her n I strongly believe in God and Prayers. May God sustain your home.
Thank u jare.Op theres no perfect person anywhere n no perfect marriage. oputa ( charly boy) said marriage is not about how compatible u two are but how u manage ur incompatibilities. What u stated there are trivialities ,m very sure ur wife does not deliberately add pepper to d food ( maybe she forgot).u could also v called to remind her to drop ur friend s medication if u think she's forgetful. U guys v come a long way n m sure u also v ur weaknesses she's coping with .its not as if she's cheating,she's been supportive n caring over the years abeg cut her some slack n work on ur marriage jor. Dn't b like ur father.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by Eketem: 7:06am On Jun 16, 2017
Oga these are normal marital communication gaps that conflict resolution skills can heal.

Your wife doesn't disrespect you she only has her own personality as you have your own..

Since discussions end with tempers rising you could write to each other. Listen to her too. You are not Lord and master

11 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by fluxbush(f): 7:27am On Jun 16, 2017
vanemo:

My dear I don discuss tire.
Someone called your wife a bitch and you couldn't even pretend to defend her. What kinda husband are you? This act alone shows why she walks out on you during a heated argument. If you can condone such disrespect in a public forum,God knows how you talk to her at home.

So what if you gave her money to start her biz? So what if she cooks with much pepper? If this person was your sister or your mother,would you beat her? No matter how you try to paint yourself as a good man being pushed to the wall by his wife, we see through you. You are a petty and egotistical man. I can't believe a grown up man will refuse to eat his wife's food for a week cuz of an incident of pepper earlier that week.

Please beat her. Kill her sef. Afterall a wife is replaceable. Nonsense. angry angry

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by Jahblessme: 7:57am On Jun 16, 2017
I'm trying to understand why you would want to hit her or even contemplate hitting her.

You both are arguing and she walks away ,is that not the advise we give to defuse a tense situation? Walk away from provocation?

What if she remains there and says something horrid to.you or becomes so angry that she gets volatile as well?
There has to be a reason why she's walking away.
Someone who stood by you when you were broke won't just become fickle overnight.Something is going on,either your attitude has changed overnight since you became more financially stable ,are you now more overbearing ? Maybe your wife has started becoming tired of you or she is plain unhappy

Have you bothered to discuss this with her and come to an amicable way of ending conflict? She is an adult and can walk away anytime.You are not her father abeg.

Pepper wise she loves pepper and you don't ,so you both should compromise and eat mid peppery food.Why should she abandon her pepper love.Answer is always middle ground or you have your own food separately.

As to why she doesn't help you when you ask her to,me I don't know.You can also not help her when she asks so she knows how it feels.

Talk talk and talk ,these are solvable issues.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 16, 2017
fabulous85:
so because he uttered some "nonsence" you decided to provoke him more by telling him to beat you. you are a bad wife. the reason why you told him so is because you live in the US and know the law will make him leave his house for you. besides from your last sentence you are definitely cheating on your husband.repent

I'm a bad wife because I won't allow my husband to hit me? LOL. I'm cheating because you don't like my last comment? LOL. I pity Nigeria. Forever backwards!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by hillsiderfak(m): 9:43am On Jun 16, 2017
This looks like a family pattern, you will need to pray, I advice you go to Mfm prayer city for advice and prayers.

vanemo:
DeaNairalanders, I am a regular on this forum but had to create a new moniker to post this.

Growing up, my father was abusive and hit my mum occasionally. I grew up seeing my mum suffer domestic violence. Eventually, my father abandoned us when I was 9 and moved in with another woman. My mum never remarried. She just focused on my upbringing and raised me alone without my father. My father just didn't care anymore after he left and didn't contribute a dime to my upbringing after he left despite efforts made by friends and family to make him take care of his responsibilities towards me.
After sometime, my mum left everything in the hands of God and focused on catering for me without minding my father.
This made me vow not to ever hit a woman not to talk of my wife because I saw firsthand how my mum suffered and it would be a shame for me to make another woman pass through the same thing my mother passed through.
I also vowed to do all within my power to keep my family one and give my kids the fatherly love I was denied as I know the negative effects of a broken home on children.
Mine is different because I have a God fearing, intelligent and hardworking mother who played the role of both father and mother in bringing me up.

Fast forward to now, I am married with a daughter. Met my wife in 2012 and we have been together ever since.
Now, my wife is a very sweet lady who has stood by me through thick and thin even when business was down sometime ago, she was there for me. Things were so bad that we could barely feed but surprisingly, she stood by me and supported me with prayers and she was even the breadwinner for about 4 months till things got better for me.
For this, I praise her a lot and cherish her for this. I am sure she loves me with her whole heart and I can say to some extent that we are happy together.

Now, the problem is that she takes me for granted sometimes and shows some lack of respect towards me which I am finding it hard to tolerate.
For example:

1. She knows I don't eat pepper. But, occasionally she would prepare meals laced with copious amounts of pepper and pass it for me to eat. This has been happening since 2013 and most times, I get angry and refuse to eat the food. 3 weeks ago, she did the same thing and for one week, I refused to eat her food despite her pleadings. Later, I forgave her and things went back to normal.

2. Sometimes, if she is going somewhere and I tell her to help me do something or buy something for me around the area where she is going to, she would always find an excuse not to do what I asked her to do. It has happened often that I have lost confidence in her.
Last week, she was going somewhere and I gave her some money and some herbal medication to give to a sick friend who lives in that area. To my chagrin, she came back without delivering the message telling me stories of why she couldn't find time to go to my friend's place.

3. This evening, she mentioned that she needed extra 300k to boost her business. This is after I had given her 600k which she asked for initially and another 200k which I didn't budget for. Our house rent is expiring in July and I have to renew it plus other expenses that are lined up. I tried explaining to her that I can't spare 300k now and we had a heated exchange. To my chagrin, she walked out on me and even when I called her back, she didn't listen to me. This is not the first time this kind of a thing is happening.

In all of this, I have never raised my hand to hit her since we met in 2012 all because of my vow never to hit a woman in my life. In the above 3 examples, I have been really tempted to break this vow but I am glad I got hold of myself.
I have told her several times that the day she will push me to the wall and I start hitting her, I would never stop and she will be the one to suffer it. I also told her that if we are to ever separate r divorce, it will never be my fault because I am pro family and I am ready to do all it takes to keep my family together and make sure my kids are brought up with their dad and mum under one roof.

I know within myself that I can never hit her no matter what but on the other hand, I can't tolerate living with a lady that takes me for granted and does not respect me.
I have thought about this.
Had it been I was the type that beat women, I think she would have been respecting me more and not taking me for granted like this.

Now, I am in a dilemma, if this continues, it is either I start hitting her or I walk away from the marriage.
Both options are not what I want but I might just be forced to do one of them and go against my vow.
If it gets worse, the better of the two evils is to walk away from the marriage with my sanity intact and take my daughter along as I would not contemplate hitting my wife because of what my mother passed through.

My dear nairalanders, pls I need your advice on this issue.
Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by hillsiderfak(m): 9:44am On Jun 16, 2017
2buffagain:
Kai some women sha.

Sounds like you need to sit that bitch down and have a candid discussion.

Don't call someone,s wife a bitch na, na wa for you.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by ayando(m): 10:11am On Jun 16, 2017
Honestly, i haven't seen enough reason why u should even think of hitting her. U made it sound like it is the right thing to do and u are being nice not doing so yet. You are just egoistic n feeling entitled.

Forget that feeling of entitlement, relax n don't show provocation when she does otherwise, after all you can always get alternative. Your wife knows you and she is just acting to test your limit, why don't u become unpredictable.

Also, watch out for the kind of friends she is keeping, they might be responsible for her recent actions. All in all, u need to develop thick skin for her bickering or tantrums. Believe me, yours na child's play.
All the best

10 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by vanemo: 10:22am On Jun 16, 2017
TheUmbra:
OP,

First off, there's always a positive side to every unpleasant situation. From what you wrote about your parents' separation, it is clear you took your mother's side for apparent reasons - she's the one who raised you and paid most of the sacrifice that made you who you are today. You most definitely blamed your father.

But now you're going through something similar. You're learning first hand what most women are. But don't make your father's mistake else your wife will paint a sorry, emotional fable before your daughter, labelling you as the uncaring, wayward father who abandoned his family. And your relationship with your daughter would be fractured by your wife. This is woman for you. They're enemies of truth and emotional blackmail runs in their vains.

Look for your father if he's still alive. Hear from him what caused his separation from your mom. Marry it to your current situation and apply wisdom not to head down your father's path.

As for your wife, you've become a predicted robot to her. Women have the power of observation. She knows you in and out. You must change this by a large extent if you want to keep her intrigued, fascinated and curious.

Be largely unpredictable. I can swear she knows what you don't like and deliberately do them. She expects a particular reaction from you and you always act her script.

Don't show provocations mostly, even when she disrespects you. Act independent even with domestic chores and washing even your cloths. Don't eat her food and don't reach for her body. Then watch her getting all anxious and worried. She would either start throwing all kinds of wild allegations against you (which is a way of saying her strategy has backfired) or she'd start retracing her steps.

Yes, I agree with you that I'm too predictable to her. Sometimes she even asks me what can I do? I just laugh and walk away. I will try to be a bit unpredictable.

As for my father, he passed away few years ago and I forgave him long ago. I realized that everything happens according to God's plan and it was the will of God for it to happen that way.
If not for what my father did, I would not be where I am today or at the level I am now.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by vanemo: 10:24am On Jun 16, 2017
NihinlolaTenny:

That I didn't respond to someone calling her a bitch on a faceless forum does not mean I condone it or see her as such. No one dares call her that in my presence without an appropriate response from me.
And I already stated that it is not a case of infidelity. My wife would never cheat on me.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by vanemo: 10:29am On Jun 16, 2017
baby124:
I have not seen anything she did that will warrant this thread or threats of divorce from you. So? She walked out on you? Maybe she did not want to argue or fight with you. I tend to do the same when a conversation is unproductive and heated.

So you can't live with her again because she walked out on a conversation you both were having. Divorce her now, and go and find the woman for you. I wish you luck in that. That you can think to beat your wife because of what you have written here shows that you have an ego problem, as well as an anger problem.

I can bet that you were nagging and fighting, so she walked away. Otherwise your reaction will be different. All this jelosimi children getting married. I will divorce! I will divorce! You think you are doing us? You are doing yourself! Go and find a woman that will treat you like god. You better hope you remain god, because the moment you go broke, that woman that treats you like god will disgrace you throughly. Jump from frying pan to fire make we hear word.

When you were broke and down, will you ever have dreamed to raise your dirty hands on her as the breadwinner? I don't think so.

No, I don't have anger problems nor am I violent. If that was the case, I would have flipped a long time ago.
I was neither fighting nor nagging to warrant her walking out on me.
I was only trying to explain to her why I can't give her the 300k immediately but would do that a little later.
She should have waited and listened to my explanation before walking out on me and like I said this is not the first time this is happening. I've seen her once walk out on my father-in-law.
I saw all the signs during courtship but I guess her extraordinary loyalty blinded me to her other flaws.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by vanemo: 10:31am On Jun 16, 2017
FortuneTeller:
vanemo

No, my wife would never fake that I satisfy her sexually. She's the type that says it as she sees it. Sometimes, when I slack due to stress, she usually tells me to buckle up.
Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by vanemo: 10:39am On Jun 16, 2017
Eketem:
Oga these are normal marital communication gaps that conflict resolution skills can heal.

Your wife doesn't disrespect you she only has her own personality as you have your own..

Since discussions end with tempers rising you could write to each other. Listen to her too. You are not Lord and master

My dear I listen yo her too oh. Infact, I discuss many vital things with her. It's not like I take decisions and lord it over her. This time, I was just trying to explain why I wouldn't be able to provide the 300k now but later because of upcoming financial engagements that are more pressing. Instead of her to stay put and hear me out, she just walked away which is a sign of disrespect and not the first time she is doing such.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by vanemo: 10:43am On Jun 16, 2017
fluxbush:
Someone called your wife a bitch and you couldn't even pretend to defend her. What kinda husband are you? This act alone shows why she walks out on you during a heated argument. If you can condone such disrespect in a public forum,God knows how you talk to her at home.

So what if you gave her money to start her biz? So what if she cooks with much pepper? If this person was your sister or your mother,would you beat her? No matter how you try to paint yourself as a good man being pushed to the wall by his wife, we see through you. You are a petty and egotistical man. I can't believe a grown up man will refuse to eat his wife's food for a week cuz of an incident of pepper earlier that week.

Please beat her. Kill her sef. Afterall a wife is replaceable. Nonsense. angry angry

Madam abeg take am easy. That I didn't respond to that on a faceless forum does not mean I condone it or see her as such. No one would do that in my presence without eliciting and appropriate reaction from me. That I let it slide on a faceless forum like this does not mean the contrary. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 16, 2017
vanemo:

No, my wife would never fake that I satisfy her sexually. She's the type that says it as she sees it. Sometimes, when I slack due to stress, she usually tells me to buckle up.

Okay sir that is a very good sign. Let me tell you, it wasn't until I left Nigeria that I see how bad was our society is. The Nigerian mentality is what is holding us back. Nothing you said warrants being hit by anyone. It seems that you are frustrated and you need some way to resolve your issues. If you are unable to resolve your issues without hitting someone, then it means you are not a civilized person.

Your wife is a human being and she is not going to do everything you say like a child. If there is something that she is unable to do, then do it yourself. If you are not able to do it and she is able to assist you, ask her to do it. Even asking her does not guarantee that you will get what you want. She is not a robot so don't treat her like one. The small things you mentioned are hardly anything to be upset over. Because she walked away from an argument, you want to beat her? I hope you are not frustrated due to money or wanting another woman. Please set aside this childish mentality and understand that hitting another human being is a bush mentality.
Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by vanemo: 11:19am On Jun 16, 2017
Jahblessme:
I'm trying to understand why you would want to hit her or even contemplate hitting her.

You both are arguing and she walks away ,is that not the advise we give to defuse a tense situation? Walk away from provocation?

What if she remains there and says something horrid to.you or becomes so angry that she gets volatile as well?
There has to be a reason why she's walking away.
Someone who stood by you when you were broke won't just become fickle overnight.Something is going on,either your attitude has changed overnight since you became more financially stable ,are you now more overbearing ? Maybe your wife has started becoming tired of you or she is plain unhappy

Have you bothered to discuss this with her and come to an amicable way of ending conflict? She is an adult and can walk away anytime.You are not her father abeg.

Pepper wise she loves pepper and you don't ,so you both should compromise and eat mid peppery food.Why should she abandon her pepper love.Answer is always middle ground or you have your own food separately.

As to why she doesn't help you when you ask her to,me I don't know.You can also not help her when she asks so she knows how it feels.

Talk talk and talk ,these are solvable issues.

Like I said, her walking out on me didn't start today. Infact, have seen her do it once to her father.
I was only trying to explain to her why I can't give her the 300k now but later owing to other pressing financial issues that need to be taken care of first.
She should have stayed put and listened to me instead of walking out on me.

As for the pepper one, she knows I am allergic to pepper. It gives me stomach problems. Why put pepper in my food when she knows this about me?
I ask her she knows what pepper does to me yet she prepares food laced with pepper for me. How does she expect me to eat it?

Well, like others have said, I think I have become too predictable for her and she is now taking me for granted.
I will try some unpredictability.
Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by fluxbush(f): 11:24am On Jun 16, 2017
vanemo:

Madam abeg take am easy. That I didn't respond to that on a faceless forum does not mean I condone it or see her as such. No one would do that in my presence without eliciting and appropriate reaction from me. That I let it slide on a faceless forum like this does not mean the contrary. Thanks
You should never let it slide any where,faceless forum or not. The way you stand up for your wife is a reflection of your character. I can bet on my life that you won't stand for anyone, faceless or not,calling your mum a bitch. Why is your wife different?

Back to the matter, you have a woman who stood by you when you were a broke ass nigger. You also mentioned that she encourages you to be at your optimal best,even when you are obviously slacking off. Me thinks you should cut her some slack. I have a sister who forgets everything under the sun. When I send her on an errand, I have to call her at intervals to remind her and even at that,she still forgets sometimes. Has that made me threaten to beat her? Will I kill her for that? Don't assume she is deliberately doing this to belittle you, thereby planning to treat her fuuckup. Talk to your wife, Oga.

Do you know there are some peppers that are hot and you don't know till after cooking? The fact that she even begs you after the deed,shows she is not looking for your wahala on purpose. Shit happens in the kitchen sometimes. We are not feature chefs on food network. Again,talk to your wife

As for the walking out issue, your narration is one sided. We were not there to hear your tone and body language. If she is as you describe, i.e a woman who says it as it is, walking out when mad is the best. It is better to walk out than saying nasty things in the heat of the moment. Or would you prefer she stays back and insults the shit out of your life? Oga, call your wife and ask her why she acts like that.

In all,calm down and enjoy your wife. She is a good woman and deep down,you know it.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by sexymoma(f): 11:25am On Jun 16, 2017
What has she done?
She put pepper for ya food?
you send am message she nor go?
she waka comot for ya front?

now let me tell you yours?
check very well... if u can remember
you've gotten to that stage as in the age at which your dad started hitting your mum, so you've started having the urge to hit your wife too.
tell me why you want to divorce the lady... Thank God you even told us the part where she suffered with you, i saw someone wrote "she is cheating on you" may God Forgive that person. bliv me all these things u wrote down could be culled , sit her down and talk to her.
let me remind you!! you didn't get married to a perfect human being, she also has her flaws.
she asked for money, fine, sit her down tell her what you just told us, make her understand, you have some bills to pay....
na this small thing you dey face wey you dey think of divorce or to beat am
nd you are talking about how respectful she would be if you start hitting her... I SMH for you.
Bliv me if you haven't seen your dad hit your mum you wouldn't have thought of hitting your wife.

10 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by vanemo: 11:25am On Jun 16, 2017
ayando:
Honestly, i haven't seen enough reason why u should even think of hitting it. U made it sound like it is the right thing to do and u are been nice not doing so yet. You are just egoistic n feeling entitled.

Get that feeling of entitlement, relax n don't show provocation when she does otherwise, after all you can always get alternative. Your wife knows you and she is just acting to test your limit, why don't u become unpredictable.

Also, watch out for the kind of friends she is keeping, they might be responsible for her recent actions. All in all, u need to develop thick skin for her bickering or tantrums. Believe me, yours na child's play.
All the best

Yes, I think a friend might have something to do with this.
I recall her telling me one time that she is ready for whatever will happen and she is not afraid of any eventuality even divorce.
In response, I told her that whoever is drumming such ideas into her ears does not love her because when and if her home breaks, those advising her now will never take her into their family.
I would definitely look into this.
Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by vanemo: 11:33am On Jun 16, 2017
fluxbush:
You should never let it slide any where,faceless forum or not. The way you stand up for your wife is a reflection of your character. I can bet on my life that you won't stand for anyone, faceless or not,calling your mum a bitch. Why is your wife different?

Back to the matter, you have a woman who stood by you when you were a broke ass nigger. You also mentioned that she encourages you to be at your optimal best,even when you are obviously slacking off. Me thinks you should cut her some slack. I have a sister who forgets everything under the sun. When I send her on an errand, I have to call her at intervals to remind her and even at that,she still forgets sometimes. Has that made me threaten to beat her? Will I kill her for that? Don't assume she is deliberately doing this to belittle you, thereby planning to treat her fuuckup. Talk to your wife, Oga.

Do you know there are some peppers that are hot and you don't know till after cooking? The fact that she even begs you after the deed,shows she is not looking for your wahala on purpose. Shit happens in the kitchen sometimes. We are not feature chefs on food network. Again,talk to your wife

As for the walking out issue, your narration is one sided. We were not there to hear your tone and body language. If she is as you describe, i.e a woman who says it as it is, walking out when mad is the best. It is better to walk out than saying nasty things in the heat of the moment. Or would you prefer she stays back and insults the shit out of your life? Oga, call your wife and ask her why she acts like that.

In all,calm down and enjoy your wife. She is a good woman and deep down,you know it.

Thanks.
Like I said earlier, I am ready to do whatever it takes to keep my family one. I just feel a times that I am being pushed to the wall. But I hope it will pass
Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by Eketem: 11:42am On Jun 16, 2017
vanemo:

My dear I listen yo her too oh. Infact, I discuss many vital things with her. It's not like I take decisions and lord it over her. This time, I was just trying to explain why I wouldn't be able to provide the 300k now but later because of upcoming financial engagements that are more pressing. Instead of her to stay put and hear me out, she just walked away which is a sign of disrespect and not the first time she is doing such.

She didn't walk away to disrespect you she walked away because tempers were high and she wanted you to cool down both of you to cool down she didn't want to stay and say something she will regret.

Go and Google conflict resolution skills learn them. How can your mind run to violence over minor domestic issue

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by esmeralda1(f): 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2017
eyinjuege:
Its a pity you feel the only way you can resolve conflict is by violence.

I would advice you to pray and break every generational curse.
If you want to get things done right, do it yourself. That's an old saying, that works.
If you feel she can't deliver your errands properly, then do them yourself.
Most arguments are avoidable. She asked for 300K. Simply say you don't have, and you're still trying to look for money for your rent. Afterward, just press the ignore button. Choose selective deafness.

The day you lay your hands upon your wife, that's the day your marriage in the true sense of the word will die. She will owe you no allegiance again.
One thing most men don't realise is, most women hardly ever truly forgive.
They may pretend to, they may even act all docile but are patiently waiting for the perfect time to strike back. The perfect time may not be 6months, some can even wait decades to pay back a 'debt'.

There is always a peaceful way to resolve issues most time.
As per the spicy food, people make and sell stews/soups on NL. All looking delicious. Go to the food section. Tell them your requirements about the pepper, and I'm sure they would oblige you.
Keep your own soup separate, and let your wife know this is how soup suitable for you should taste. Its not a fight or quarrel. In fact invite her to partake of the soup.
Just always have a backup in your freezer for days when the pepper gets too much. There are times when you don't get it perfectly right when cooking, it shouldn't really be a big deal. Its just food btw

This i agree with.
From everything you said there's not one single reason for you to hit her yet except you do not a tough skin to resist whatever she does.

@ bolded, now that you mentioned this, i think i can relate because my parents marriage has always been turbulent, my dad hitting my mum once in a while, begs her for forgiveness and you know she actually endured the marriage till we 4 girls got married, immediately the last girl left the house to her hubby's place my mum moved out permanently we (My Dad inclusive) are still begging her to go back but she refuses

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pushing Me To The Wall To Start Hitting Her by NoToPile: 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2017
grin grin grin

Make I laff small

You want to beat your wife because of
1. Pepper
2. She doesn't go for errands for you.
3. She walked out on you during an exchange.

Things that are solvable nawa oo

1. Let her be cooking differently then since she s a pepper eater and you are not, when she's cooking she cooks at the same time in 2 different pots add plenty pepper to one and less pepper to the other. Everybody is happy.

2. How are you sure are excuses were not genuine.

3. Is it by force to argue, will she squeeze the money out of you when u don't have, I am planning to pay house rent with the cash on me shikena

I just don't understand how people will be creating major issues on top minor things.

I feel all these are just misunderstandings .

By the way this is not being pushed to the wall, its just conflict and don't let history repeat itself.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? / View This Simple 5 Bedroom Duplex Architectural Design / Shame To Womanhood, See What A Black Woman Posted On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.