Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) (9416 Views)

How Should We Observe Laylat Al-qadr And When Is It? / How To Seek Laylatul Qadr – The Night Of Power! / How a Woman On Her Period Can Observe Laylatul-qadr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by Ayomideen(m): 3:21am On Jun 16, 2017
Allaah's Messenger , salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam, described the morning after Lailatul-Qadr, so that the Muslim may know which night it was.

From Ubayy, radhiya Allahu 'anhu, who said: that he, salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam, said: "On the morning following Lailatui-Qadr the sun rises not having any rays, as if it were a brass dish, until it rises up."[Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmithi and Ibn Majah]

Abu Hurairah, radhiya Allahu 'anhu, said : "We were discussing Lailatul-Qadr in the presence of Allah's Messenger so he said : 'Which of you remembers [the night] when the moon arose and was like half a plate?... [Muslim]

Ibn 'Abbaas, radhiya Allahu 'anhuma, said: Allaah's Messenger, salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam, said: "Lailatul-Qadr is calm and pleasant, neither hot nor cold, the sun arises on its morning being feeble and red." [at-Tayaalisee, Ibn Khuzaimah and al-Bazzaar with a Hasan Isnad].

When is Laylatul-Qadr?

It is preferred to seek this night during the last ten odd nights of Ramadan, as the Prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam,, strove his best in seeking it during that time. We have already mentioned that the Prophet would stay up during the last ten nights, would wake his wives, and then would remain apart from them to worship.

Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: I see that your dreams agree regarding the last ten (nights of Ramadan). So seek it on an odd number (of these ten nights). [Muslim :: Book 6 : Hadith 2619]

Abu saeed al khudri reported that Prophet (s) said: And he who desires to observe i'tikaf along with me should spend the night at his place of i'tikaf. And I saw this night (Lailat-ul-Qadr) but I forgot it (the exact night) ; so seek it; In the last ten nights on odd numbers. [Muslim :: Book 6 : Hadith 2625]

Narrated 'Aisha:

Allah's Apostle said, "Search for the Night of Qadr in the odd nights of the last ten days of Ramadan."
[Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 32 :: Hadith 234]

Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with them) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Seek it (Lailat-ul-Qadr) in the last (ten nights). If one among you shows slackness and weakness (in the earlier part of Ramadan), it should not be allowed to prevail upon him in the last week. [Muslim :: Book 6 : Hadith 2621]

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

Allah's Apostle said, "The Night of Qadr is in the last ten nights of the month (Ramadan), either on the first nine or in the last (remaining) seven nights (of Ramadan)." Ibn 'Abbas added, "Search for it on the twenty-fourth (i.e. on 25th night of Ramadan)." [Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 32 :: Hadith 239]

Narrated 'Ubada bin As-Samit:

The Prophet came out to inform us about the Night of Qadr but two Muslims were quarreling with each other. So, the Prophet said, "I came out to inform you about the Night of Qadr but such-and-such persons were quarreling, so the news about it had been taken away; yet that might be for your own good, so search for it on the 29th, 27th and 25th (night of Ramadan). [Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 32 :: Hadith 240]

Ibn Numair reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Look for Lailat-ul-Qadr in the last ten nights of Ramadan. [Muslim :: Book 6 : Hadith 2632]

Brothers and sisters there are hadeeths in sahih muslim that few sahabas say they are sure that it's on 27th night on ramadhan, while few sahabas state it on 25th night, and few sahabas have stated it on 23rd night,and some have stated it on 21st night.

Some of the ahadeeth indicate that Lailatul-Qadr is in the last ten nights, while others indicate that it is in the odd nights of the last ten, so the first is general and the second is more particular, and the particular has to be given priority over the general. Other ahadeeth state that it is in the last seven - and these are restricted by mention of one who is too weak or unable. So there should be no confusion.

Conclusion: The Muslim should seek out Lailatui-Qadr in the odd nights of the last ten: the night of the twenty-first, the twenty-third, the twenty-fifth, the twenty-seventh and the twenty-ninth. If he is too weak or unable to seek it out in all the odd nights, then let him seek it out in the odd nights of the of seven: the night of the twenty-fifth, the twenty-seventh and the twenty-ninth.

Brothers and sisters, as the mother of all believers, Aisha (raziALLAHu anha) have narrated that:
"With the start of the last ten days of Ramadan, the Prophet used to tighten his waist belt and used to pray all the night, and used to keep his family awake for the prayers."

The reason for being that this night is too great and majestic as ALLAH (SWT) HAS Stated it in Quran that: [097:003] " The Night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months" (i.e. worshipping Allâh in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months, i.e. 83 years and 4 months).

Hence, we should atleast search it in odd nights of the last ten nights of Ramadhan, if we cannot search it on all the nights consecutively.

We pray to Allah All Mighty Most Merciful to bless us this Ramadan by making us witness the Laylatul-Qadr and to get all it's rewards.

Recommended Dua of This night: It is recommended to pray, read Quran with understanding and reflecting on each verses, and supplicate a lot during this night, it is reported from our mother 'Aishah radhiya Allahu `anha, that she said: "O Messenger of Allah! What if I knew which night Lailatul-Qadr was, then what should I say in it?" He (s) said.- "Say.-

(Allahumma innaka 'affuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee.)

"O Allaah You are The One Who pardons greatly, and loves to pardon, so pardon me.". [at-Tirmithi and Ibn Majah with a Sahih Isnad]

Final Take: The Night of Al-Qadr is not specified to one fixed night throughout all the years. Rather, it constantly changes. So one year it could occur on the twenty-seventh night for example and on another year it could occur on the twenty-fifth night, according to Allah's Will and Wisdom. What directs us to this is the Prophet's :saw: saying: "Look for it (i.e. the Night of Al-Qadr) when there remain nine nights, when there remains seven nights, or when there remains five nights (i.e. 21st, 23 rd, 25th, 27th and 29th)." [This is taken from the book of Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Saalih al-'Uthaimin in his book Majaalis Shahr Ramadan (pg.106 -107). Reported by Muslim and others and it is referenced in Sahih Abu Dawud (1247)]

According to a authentic ahadeeth, the following signs are evident.

1. The sun rises early in the morning without rays.

2. Rain may fall either during the night or during the day of that night.

3. During night the sky will be lightly foggy.

4. The sky will be slightly lighted without reflections and without rays and moon seems like half plate.

5. Night will be very comforting and soothing with no cause of trouble from either high or low temperatures.

I hope brothers and sisters that it was comprehensive.

JazaakALLAH. May we all get the blessing and great reward of this majestic night

Ameen.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by jimfarayola(m): 6:00am On Jun 16, 2017
Aameen

1 Like

Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by Aminu212: 7:20am On Jun 16, 2017
Jazzakallahu khair

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by Origin(f): 9:07am On Jun 16, 2017
Jazakallah Khayran

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 16, 2017
Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by MostBanned: 11:01am On Jun 16, 2017
Jazakallah Buhari
Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by bolajiboi(m): 11:02am On Jun 16, 2017
Amin
Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by sod09(m): 11:09am On Jun 16, 2017
amin
Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by acaolly1(m): 11:26am On Jun 16, 2017
May ALLAH make us meet the holy night and accept our Ibadan and forgive out sins. Barakah LAH fih. Jazzakum LAH haeran

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by azeeza(f): 11:30am On Jun 16, 2017
Amin! Jazakallahu kharain. Juma'a kareem.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 16, 2017
Ameen,jazakumullahi khairan
Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by yusluv1(m): 12:21pm On Jun 16, 2017
Jazakallahu khaeran jazza
Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by basitayoola7: 12:25pm On Jun 16, 2017
amen
Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by moufan: 12:41pm On Jun 16, 2017
nice one op,jazakhumllahu akhiran
Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by personal59: 1:03pm On Jun 16, 2017
in Islam night comes first followed by d day
Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by baarak66(m): 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2017
Jazaakumu llahu khaeran
Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by hmuhammad(m): 4:38pm On Jun 16, 2017
Ameen
Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by riffson(m): 5:22pm On Jun 16, 2017
Ameen jazakallah khairan
Re: How To Identify​ The Night Of Qadr(Night Of Majesty) by Bibalo(f): 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2017
Amin ya rabbh Alameen

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Main Criteria For Choosing A Spouse In Islam? / Gawat Still Missing Four Months On / Islamic Clothing For Women And Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.