Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less - Autos (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less (60713 Views)

How To Get Your Tinted Permit And Renew Your Vehicle Documents Fast In Lagos / Vehicle Registration And Drivers Licence Processing / Vehicle Registration And Drivers Licence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by msanda(m): 8:34am On Oct 24, 2018
Ezylinkage:
What Is International Driving Permit?
An IDP is a document that allows an individual to drive a private vehicle in another country; it is slightly larger than a standard passport and it is complete with one’s photographs and other statistical data.

Where can I obtain IDP?
Before you can obtain a valid IDP in Nigeria you MUST also have your local driving license issued by the Federal Road Safety Corp (FRSC) first before you can get your International Permit.

How long does it take?
The International Driving Permit takes 2 working days or same day processing.

What are the requirements?
Photocopy of International Passport
Photocopy of National Driving license 
2 Passport photo

How long does it takes before it expire?
You can request for an International Driving license in Nigeria that is for one year to three years, you will have to pay more if you want to have the expiration longer than a year.
One year License

Which country can I Use the IDP?
The IDP is recognized in Maryland, Washington DC and California in the U.S. as well as Germany, Turkey, Switzerland, Poland, Spain, Austria and Sweden in Europe. Etc.

Having an IDP is a great advantage when you are working overseas as it can help you find a job as a Professional Driver or simply use it for personal convenience.

For enquiry or if you want to get a valid International Driving license in Nigeria, at cheaper price and free home delivery. 
+2348032285161, +2348092566361
Info.ezylinked@gmail.com
Info@ezylinkage.com

I don't know about Germany or Turkey but the beautiful thing is that you can use your normal Driver's License in the United States. I've used mine in both California and Florida without any issues.

Meanwhile the International Driving Permit has its limitations (it's not accepted by major vehicle leasing companies like Avis or Hertz in the US), so do some research before paying for one. Ask someone who has used it where it was accepted.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Olatoman(m): 10:40pm On Oct 26, 2018
So this is October, renewed my License online myself January this year.
Till now, the Perm is not ready, something that was done at Aguda Surulere was referred to Cele.

Anyone else experiencing same or know anyone who is?
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by nene71: 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2018
what about if you need to correct some fields like next-of-kin no, phone number or LGA?
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by bluefilm: 8:11am On Dec 14, 2018
My drivers licence expired some five or six months ago.

Am I eligible for renewal?

Or is it going to be application of new drivers licence entirely for me?
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 15, 2018
bluefilm:
My drivers licence expired some five or six months ago.

Am I eligible for renewal?

Or is it going to be application of new drivers licence entirely for me?

You are eligible for renewal and it begins to count from time of renewal.

You can walk into any of our offices for renewal.

1 Like

Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 15, 2018
Olatoman:
So this is October, renewed my License online myself January this year.
Till now, the Perm is not ready, something that was done at Aguda Surulere was referred to Cele.

Anyone else experiencing same or know anyone who is?

This is because our office was formerly at coker aguda local government but now at cele express.
It's due to the movement.
If your permanent license is still not out till now since January, then something must be wrong and a report needs to be sent to Abuja to know why the delay. You can do a revisit to our office at cele to lodge this complain.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by bluefilm: 4:43am On Dec 15, 2018
achalugonata:

You are eligible for renewal and it begins to count from time of renewal.

You can walk into any of our offices for renewal.

Thank you so much for your response.

I was getting confused by the statement that one should start the renewal process 30 days before the expiration date...
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Olatoman(m): 9:45am On Dec 15, 2018
achalugonata:

This is because our office was formerly at coker aguda local government but now at cele express.
It's due to the movement.
If your permanent license is still not out till now since January, then something must be wrong and a report needs to be sent to Abuja to know why the delay. You can do a revisit to our office at cele to lodge this complain.

Thank you for your response.
I have been a contact with FRSC and someone who works at the Cele axis, actually learnt the data capture bypass I selected when renewing online failed. So I'll have to make time to Cele Christmas week most likely as I'll be closing office this week.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by msanda(m): 10:03am On Dec 16, 2018
bluefilm:

Thank you so much for your response.

I was getting confused by the statement that one should start the renewal process 30 days before the expiration date...

30 days before the expiry date is the earliest you can start the renewal process. But you can still initiate renewal after the license has expired.

1 Like

Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by bluefilm: 1:01pm On Dec 16, 2018
msanda:

30 days before the expiry date is the earliest you can start the renewal process. But you can still initiate renewal after the license has expired.

OK.

Thanks for your response.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by staneless(m): 12:14am On Dec 17, 2018
YelloweWest:

In Nigeria yes. I tried to rent a car with it in the US and it was rejected.

But u know say u yeye ooo. Why use something that belongs to naija to rent something abroad? Are u alright at all? Abi u just wan tell us say u don cross over sea before? SMH sad
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by jessyz(f): 11:45pm On Feb 07, 2019
How do I get to IRU-VI from Ajah? I would also like to know the possible questions that will be asked by the VIO. @msanda
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by jessyz(f): 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2019
Bejewelled:
I used the information on the original post to renew my expired Driver's License in Lagos. It was indeed very helpful, as I had all my copies and passport photographs ready.
I paid N10,450, on the FRSC portal, for a 5-year validity.
Like the OP, I was confused as to which of the Eti-Osa FRSC offices was closest to Lekki and after unsuccessfully searching on the internet for the right address, I chose Eti Osa 2.

On Friday, I went to the FRSC closest to me on Km 15 Lekki-Epe Expressway and was informed that that office was Eti-Osa 3 and didn't handle drivers license renewals.
I was told that Eti-Osa 2 was covered by the FRSC office in Victoria Island, so I drove there.

On getting there, I was told that that office is actually Iru-VI and that Eti-Osa 1 and 2 were covered by the FRSC office on Simpson Street, Lagos Island.
It was too late to go there, so I set out for that office yesterday. I used Google maps and it wasn't difficult locating the office.

I was asked to go to a room for payment verification. The lady there asked me to pay N500 for that service. After money changed hands, I asked for my receipt and she quickly tucked the note into a drawer and told me that there was no receipt. That meant that money was hers.

The next step was the VIO office where I was informed of a Lagos State Government-imposed charge of N2,200 for Driver's License renewal. They had notices posted everywhere, to that effect and gave me some fliers too, to prove the legitimacy of that claim.

Their POS accepts only cards issued by Mastercard or Verified by Visa. I had only Visa cards, so one of the officers accepted a cash transfer into his account of the sum and he paid for me with his own card.

I had a written test, comprising of 10 questions, before answering a few oral questions and having an eye test.

I would have gone to the capture room, after that, but they had issues getting approvals for temporary licenses, at the time, so I was rescheduled for biometrics this morning.

Today, I spent less than 30 mins at the FRSC office, before I received my temporary license. I was informed that I should come pick up the permanent one in exactly 60 days, even if I do not get a sms from the FRSC.

Besides the confusion as to which office to go to, being made to part with N500 and the government charge, it was a seamless procedure.

please how do I get to iru vi, from Ajah? Using a taxy/bus.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by msanda(m): 11:37pm On Feb 08, 2019
Uber or Taxify
jessyz:
please how do I get to iru vi, from Ajah? Using a taxy/bus.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by jessyz(f): 8:46am On Feb 09, 2019
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Clemsworld(m): 11:35pm On May 08, 2019
msanda:
The following details the steps required to renew your driver's licence in Lagos, Nigeria. This is based on my recent experience. I'll try to be as detailed as possible but let me know if you have any questions.

The process can be split into 3 stages: Pre-application, Online Application, and DLC process. The whole thing can be done in a day.

PRE-APPLICATION:
My driver's licence was soon to expire and I started to experience the typical anxiety most people feel when they need to go through a process involving Nigerian government agencies. A number of questions needed answering so I got on Google ASAP.

QUESTION 1: Can I start the process online?
Answer: This was easy. The website http://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org shows up as soon as you type in "driver's licence" on Google.

QUESTION 2: Should I start the process now or should I wait for the licence to expire first? In other words, is there a grace period after the licence expires?
Answer: Nairaland had a number of conflicting opinions on this. Most people seemed to believe that there was a grace period after the licence expires. Some others even claimed it was risky starting the process before the licence expired. This notion is however incorrect.
I did some digging online and found an extract from the 2012 National Road Traffic Regulations (available here: http://frsc.gov.ng/publications) which states you can apply for a renewal "any time within a period of one calendar month before the expiry date of the licence." I also messaged the FRSC Nigeria Facebook account and the response was straightforward, "No grace after expiration please. You have to start the process as the license is about expiring."
In short, the grace period is 30 days before the licence expires. So I started the process immediately.

ONLINE APPLICATION
1. Go to http://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org and click on "Driver's Licence Renewal" (or "Renewal of Driver's Licence" under "DL Application"wink
2. This takes you to this page https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/dlApplication/renew where you are to enter your
Driver's Licence Number and Date of Birth. Note: If your drivers' licence is not going to expire within 30 days, you won't be able to proceed past this point.
3. On the renewal page, select between a 3-year validity period for N6,350 or a 5-year validity period for N10,450.
4. Complete the rest of the form with your personal details and contact/mailing address. You can choose to edit your information here (just check the edit box) or you can retain the details you had as at your last application. You can also add your Taxpayer Identification Number (just the 6 digits without the "N-"wink if you are so inclined.
5. If you do not need to change anything, you can skip to the bottom of the form where you fill in the Processing Office Details. The state and local government where your licence was initially processed will be indicated here, however you need to select your preferred FRSC Capture Center to conclude the process (I wasted some time here trying to figure out the difference between Eti-Osa_I and Eti-Osa_II then just went with Iru_VI eventually)
6. Next you have the option of repeating the bio-metric data capture or not. Unless you have undergone significant physical changes in the last 3-5 years, please select "No" here.
7. Submit
8. Note: If for any reason, you have to reload this page, please start over and select "No" under the bio-metric re-capture option again. When I first tried to submit and I had to correct something on the form, I noticed that the selection had defaulted to "Yes"; so I simply restarted the process from step 2 above (it doesn't take 5 minutes).
9. Once you are done, you will be shown the completed ML15R form on a Driver's Licence Application Preview Page. This will have all the application details with three options at the bottom of the page: 'Print', 'Proceed with Payment', 'Cancel'
10. I strongly advise you proceed with the online payment at this stage. It's the normal Interswitch process and pretty straightforward.
11. Once you're done with the payment, you will be taken back to the updated Driver's Licence Application Preview Page with the Payment Status updated to Payment Confirmed and the expiry date extended by the validity period you paid for (3 or 5 years)
12. Go to the bottom of the page and click on 'Print'

DLC PROCESS
1. Print 2 copies of the completed Driver's Licence Application Preview Page
2. Make 2 copies of your current driver's licence. Also have the original with you.
3. Take 2 passport photographs
4. Head to your selected FRSC Capture Center. If you can find the VIO "Road Sense" CD/DVD that you were given when you first applied for your driver's licence, please take this along with you.
5. At the center, present items 1-3 listed above (alongside your current original driver's licence) to the FRSC officers.
6. Next you will be directed to the VIO office (same building)
7. Present the above-listed items to the VIO officials.
8. At this point, you will be asked to pay N1,000. This is where the "Road Sense" CD/DVD comes in handy. The N1,000 payment is for a test and the CD. I mentioned that I was given the CD the last time I renewed my driver's licence and they asked if I had it with me. The explanation was that they couldn't simply accept my word that I had the CD. However, if I could present the CD, they would take out the cost from the N1,000. I didn't belabour the matter.
9. After paying, you need to take a test. I was given a verbal test although the VIO official pointed out that it should/could have been a written test. The test was simple enough and it essentially became a 5-minute educational discourse. Just be patient and remember, the maximum speed limit in Lagos State is 80km/hr smiley
10. After successfully passing the test, the VIO official will give you a signed Driver's Licence Checklist, and also complete required parts of the printed Driver's Licence Application Page.
11. Back at the FRSC desk, you need to make copies of the signed Driver's Licence Checklist and the signed Driver's Licence Application Page (with your passport photograph attached).
12. These copies attached to a copy of your current driver's licence will be further signed by the FRSC official and this forms your temporary driver's licence.

The new driver's licence will be ready in 3 months.
Do you have to submit the stamped documents with passport to them?
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Clemsworld(m): 11:58pm On May 08, 2019
Olatoman:
Good morning House and compliments of the Season to you.
So I was at Aguda Coker yesterday for my renewal and I was quite surprised at the seamless efficiency I experienced.
I did my renewal process online, paid online also. Printed out my acknowledgement page (2 copies) and headed to Aguda Coker. Got their around 12:11pm and headed straight to th MVAA office (take the right Road immediately you step into the LCDA, you'll come upon some buildings, look towards your Left side and you'll see the MVAA office at the extreme left on the ground floor).
Stepped into the office and a man promptly asked what I wanted, told him renewal and handed my printouts to him, said I was going to pay 1k which I did. Did his part and directed me to the VIOs office which was the next room, joked with the officials their and was directed to FRSC section (select Capture Bypass if you can though from the look o it capturing didn't take long). They signed the printouts, stamped it and I went back for my CV at the VIO office. Left their around 12:30, took me more or less 20 minutes to sort everything.

If you do the renewal online, just print a page of the acknowledgement slip, have 2 passports with you, also 2 copies of your DL. When the FRSC official stamps and signs your acknowledgement slip, she'll require you to make a copy of the first page, she'll sign on that also and determine how long the paper license will be (mine was dared for June 30,2018).

You'll drop the original signed paper and that's it.

Hope this will ease the stress for those going to do their DL renewal.

Shalom.
Thanks
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by MsBA: 11:44am On Jun 13, 2019
Olatoman:

Thank you for your response.
I have been a contact with FRSC and someone who works at the Cele axis, actually learnt the data capture bypass I selected when renewing online failed. So I'll have to make time to Cele Christmas week most likely as I'll be closing office this week.

hello, sorry to disturb you. where u able to eventually get it done at cele? Pls is there parking space within the office, how can i locate the office from ijesa market, did you pay extra to get it done apart from the 6500 on the website (renewal), should i just go to their office direct or try online first? the website is really slow and breaking up at intervals. sorry about the plenty questions, just want to get it done quickly.

Thanks.hope you get to see this soon.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Olatoman(m): 1:16am On Jun 16, 2019
Hello MsBA, so sorry that I'm just seeing this.
Yes I was able to get it done, but I haven't had time to go pick it up.
Parking space is provided.
Do it online, that way you avoid the unnecessary bottlenecks, I guess you should try doing it on a weekend (internet renewal), go with an extra copy if you going.
I'm not so familiar with the Ijesha axis so can't vividly give a direction guide.
All I know is, the road heading back to oshodi, theirs a turning to your right at that cele axis (hard to miss) about 2 minutes into it, take the first turning to your left which leads into the Cele office, think it's an LCDA of sorts.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by MsBA: 3:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
Olatoman:
Do it online, that way you avoid the unnecessary bottlenecks, I guess you should try doing it on a weekend (internet renewal), go with an extra copy if you going.
I'm not so familiar with the Ijesha axis so can't vividly give a direction guide.
All I know is, the road heading back to oshodi, theirs a turning to your right at that cele axis (hard to miss) about 2 minutes into it, take the first turning to your left which leads into the Cele office, think it's an LCDA of sorts.

thanks so much for the update. still trying the online route but the website is a bit slow. will continue trying. thanks!
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by MsBA: 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2019
Olatoman:

Thanks for your response. i already paid online and had all the necessary documents only for the lady at MVAA office to ask for N2,400. i asked what the money was for and she said its their own charge. is this legal? since i didn't plan for it, i had to leave and will go back on monday. Did you also pay same?
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Olatoman(m): 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2019
MsBA:

Thanks for your response. i already paid online and had all the necessary documents only for the lady at MVAA office to ask for N2,400. i asked what the money was for and she said its their own charge. is this legal? since i didn't plan for it, i had to leave and will go back on monday. Did you also pay same?

Not it's not legal, tell her to give you a receipt and you'll see she will stutter, better still, take down her staff name and ID card in her know and she will most likely refund you.

Only thing I recall paying for was a road safety CD, cant recall its name, 1k, but I got the CD, n receipt and saw it was worth it.

2 Likes

Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by smasher1(m): 3:02pm On Jul 04, 2019
chukel:
yesterday, the 5th of July, I got a message from FRSC to come collect my licence with evidence of tax payment. I must say it's exactly 2 months from the date I applied. So from my experience, apply online for renewal, choose no capture. Print the acknowledgement form, use it till you are told to come collect ur licence. No need to go to their office for anything other than collecting the licence when ready.

Good day,

Please what was your evidence of tax payment?
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by chukel(m): 5:38pm On Jul 04, 2019
smasher1:

Good day,

Please what was your evidence of tax payment?
nothing like that
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by smasher1(m): 5:53pm On Jul 04, 2019
chukel:
nothing like that

Thanks
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by MsBA: 2:37pm On Jul 17, 2019
thanks so much for your help. finally have it and it took exactly two weeks from when i went to submit at their agos office. FRSC have no issues as such, its the MVAA people that caused most of the issues. I appreciate!

Olatoman:

Not it's not legal, tell her to give you a receipt and you'll see she will stutter, better still, take down her staff name and ID card in her know and she will most likely refund you.

Only thing I recall paying for was a road safety CD, cant recall its name, 1k, but I got the CD, n receipt and saw it was worth it.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Olatoman(m): 8:03am On Jul 18, 2019
MsBA:
thanks so much for your help. finally have it and it took exactly two weeks from when i went to submit at their agos office. FRSC have no issues as such, its the MVAA people that caused most of the issues. I appreciate!

You welcome.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by kayvine4u: 11:00am On Jul 29, 2019
Hello house,

I'm trying to renew my driver's licence but i have misplaced the old one and cannot recollect my licence number. How do i resolve this issue?
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by lanrefront1(m): 2:34pm On Dec 13, 2019
At VIO office for renewal of license, have done all the initials, paid online, print out the form, have all tee photocopies and passport, now to do VIO test, they ill pay N2400 for the test, u pay at the bank account name: VUVAA.COM

This is in lagos state. Is the others have been paying
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by aieromon(m): 11:14am On Mar 09, 2020
I followed instructions on their website and made payment for a renewal licence on the 30th of January (I didn't select data capture, thanks to the OP for the tip). I went to the FRSC FCT office three days later and the payment/acknowledgment slip was signed by the VIO officer on duty. I was told to come back in 2 weeks time whether I receive a SMS or not. I waited for a month and went back to check. Voila, the licence was ready!

Total amount spent = N10,450 for the 5 years DL

1 Like

Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by msanda(m): 11:20am On Mar 09, 2020
aieromon:
I followed instructions on their website and made payment for a renewal licence on the 30th of January (I didn't select data capture, thanks to the OP for the tip). I went to the FRSC FCT office three days later and the payment/acknowledgment slip was signed by the VIO officer on duty. I was told to come back in 2 weeks time whether I receive a SMS or not. I waited for a month and went back to check. Voila, the licence was ready!

Total amount spent = N10,450 for the 5 years DL

Thanks for sharing another success story. Cheers!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ship your car(s) or Goods From Abroad Via Cotonou Port To Nigeria Plus Advice. / Keke That Looks Like A Helicopter In Warri (Photo) / Request For Free Vin-check With Pictures Of The Car/SUV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.