Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,838 members, 7,806,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? (20357 Views)

COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers / ICS Outsourcing Limited Sacks Staff Today / Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by ogododo: 10:51pm On Jun 16, 2017
A relative just hinted that Julius Berger Construction company laid of 120 staff today.
Very pathetic the way people are loosing jobs these days

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by ogododo: 11:10pm On Jun 16, 2017
Recessiom is still on

5 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by PapaNnamdi: 12:10am On Jun 17, 2017
I hope they are enjoying the change,
2 wonderful years to go

25 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by frankkudos: 1:06am On Jun 17, 2017
ogododo:
A relative just hinted that Julius Berger Construction company laid of 120 staff today.

So so sad. We should be creating employment and not sacking those that are already there. pushing them on the streets to add up our already established economic crisis

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 17, 2017
frankkudos:

So so sad. We should be creating employment and not sacking those that are already there. pushing them on the streets to add up our already established economic crisis
Very sad, but if you think about it, our government has failed to drive the economy in such a way that allows businesses to thrive. Julius berger reported a 3.8 billion naira loss for the 2016 financial year, you can obviously see the resulting effect, cost cutting.

8 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by ogododo: 6:27am On Jun 17, 2017
Thavybe:
Very sad, but if you think about it, our government has failed to drive the economy in such a way that allows businesses to thrive. Julius berger reported a 3.8 billion naira loss for the 2016 financial year, you can obviously see the resulting effect, cost cutting.

More have been pencilled down to go again.
Most companies are down sizing. Small companies are closing down because of high cost of doing business and low patronage.
Crime is on the increase now and succide rate is becoming alarming.

My fear is that there may be revolution with all these threat of ethnic group giving quit notices.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by ogododo: 6:29am On Jun 17, 2017
frankkudos:

More companies will still lay off, even many companies can not pay salaries, some up to 13 months.

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by Rhesusmonkey(m): 6:51am On Jun 17, 2017
ogododo:
from which of the sites, lag - sagamu I guess?? The current govt has failed Nigerians woefully, hope Nigerians will correct dia mistake by 2019

7 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by ogododo: 7:05am On Jun 17, 2017
Rhesusmonkey:
from which of the sites, lag - sagamu I guess?? The current govt has failed Nigerians woefully, hope Nigerians will correct dia mistake by 2019

Mostly from Lagos / Sagamu site and the Yard around Mile 2

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by obonujoker(m): 7:07am On Jun 17, 2017
Buhari is a mistake....... He failed... he failed... Jonathan wouldn't have been this worse...

Its unbelievable... see how things are going worse in the country... imagine Julius berger laying off staff...

28 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by ogododo: 7:15am On Jun 17, 2017
Explorer, what you have on fp may soon happen in Nigeria as people are loosing jobs left and right.
Even masqurade jobs promised by Mr. Lai is out of it. Yet Sarrki and mynd44 will be defending this government up and down
For the first time Mobil decleared a loss and the industrial crises still on.

24 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 17, 2017
obonujoker:
Buhari is a mistake....... He failed... he failed... Jonathan wouldn't have been this worse...

Its unbelievable... see how things are going worse in the country... imagine Julius berger laying off staff...
Here we go again, boss, buhari is not the issue here, the problem is every single Nigerian, inclusive of our leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by Rhesusmonkey(m): 7:17am On Jun 17, 2017
ogododo:

Mostly from Lagos / Sagamu site and the Yard around Mile 2
I thought as much, too bad for them cos I doubt if they have any strong project at d moment . Sai change!!

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by ogododo: 7:20am On Jun 17, 2017
Rhesusmonkey:
I thought as much, too bad for them cos I doubt if they have any strong project at d moment . Sai change!!

My relative said most of the work done has not being paid for by government.

7 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by ednut1(m): 8:39am On Jun 17, 2017
We warned them in 2015. Enjoy ur change cheesy

25 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 17, 2017
How many companies are paying full salaries? Government workers are the worst hit? TVC Africa downsized, do you know why? Some programs on air that do not have any spomsors are no longer airing. Unemployment is alarming. ...we voted for change, enjoy it while it last

13 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 17, 2017
ogododo:
Explorer, what you have on fp may soon happen in Nigeria as people are loosing jobs left and right.
Even masqurade jobs promised by Mr. Lai is out of it. Yet Sarrki and mynd44 will be defending this government up and down
For the first time Mobil decleared a loss and the industrial crises still on.
you forgot to add delisting of companies from NSE which would make people jittery, especially investors.

5 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by ogododo: 12:47pm On Jun 17, 2017
singlessubway:
you forgot to add delisting of companies from NSE which would make people jittery, especially investors.

That na true my brother
lalasticlala must join the protest.
Jobs must be restored.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by ogododo: 2:30pm On Jun 17, 2017
singlessubway:

Investors confidence have been eroded.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 17, 2017
Mynd44 day don break for yard 1 oh
Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by wristbangle: 6:06pm On Jun 17, 2017
This is serious
Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by Rhesusmonkey(m): 7:15pm On Jun 17, 2017
ogododo:

My relative said most of the work done has not being paid for by government.
I made inquiries and found out that the 120 staff laid off are from their main yard at mile 2( Euro 65), d initial plan was to shut down their sagamu site by mnth end but seems like FG is trying to pacify dem. They have close to 600 staff at that site alone.

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by ogododo: 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2017
Rhesusmonkey:
I made inquiries and found out that the 120 staff laid off are from their main yard at mile 2( Euro 65), d initial plan was to shut down their sagamu site by mnth end but seems like FG is trying to pacify dem. They have close to 600 staff at that site alone.

It confirms I was not lying.
It is getting worse by the day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by Lekpalized: 10:21pm On Jun 17, 2017
Meanwhile Banks that are supposed to help raise SMEs are declaring bogus profits while industries are on the verge of shutting down...It is well even in the well...

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by Zetra(m): 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
Rhesusmonkey:

I know someone it affected too...

6 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by ogododo: 2:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
Zetra:

I know someone it affected too...
Lalasticlala it is not only Berger paint, also Julius Berger Construction. Outside no smile at all

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by Benjom(m): 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
This is pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by MadeInTokyo: 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
grin

It is over

Recession ti takeover

Buhari is shutting the Nigerian Economy down like he did in 1984

Thunder fire All APC supporters and all APC leaders

18 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by NwaAmaikpe: 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
shocked

They should sack all the workers...so that more hands will be willing to bring this zoo down.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by free2ryhme: 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
e don happen
Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by SageTravels: 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
Re: Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? by Moreoffaith(m): 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2017
angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sterling Graduate Trainee 2022 - Aptitude Test Invitation / Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree / Why Are All Africans Studying Nursing In America?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.