Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) (65138 Views)

How Evans Shot Vincent Obianuju, Young Shall Grow Motors Chairman – Police / How Evans Gave Me 50% Discount On Ransom – Kidnap Victim / Kidnapper Evans' Girlfriend Led To His Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by information1: 5:47pm On Jun 17, 2017
An abduction carried out by the Evans gang on February 14 this year proved to be a fatal error as the captured businessman, Donatus Dunu, became the gang’s nemesis.

Dunu is a pharmacist and the owner of Maydon Pharmaceutical Company, Ilupeju, Lagos.

He had barely left his office in the evening of 14 February, the lovers day, when he was blocked by a vehicle. Before he knew it, Evans’ gun-wielding men had stepped out of the vehicle and bundled the pharmacist into their vehicle and sped off to No 21, Prophet Asaye Close, New Igando, a Lagos suburb where he was kept for three months.

Evans subsequently demanded the payment of one million euro as ransom. Despite pleas by the family of Dunu to make Evans reduce the ransom, even after N100 million had been paid to him, he was adamant. He insisted on the one million euro or Dunu life.

While looking for the money, Dunu’s wife, who is also a director of the company, staff members organized prayers for the safe return of their boss. One of the workers said: “We did not only pray but engaged in fasting too. Who will not pray and fast if his or her boss was in such condition? It was really traumatic for us.”

Unknown to Dunu’s wife and the workers, the person who gave the information leading to Dunu’s abduction was one of the staff members of the company, identified as Emeka, who was employed about five years ago

At the gang’s den in New Igando, where Dunu was kept, Dunu had given up hope on the possibility of regaining his freedom. But he had a big break in the early hours of Friday, May 12, 2017, while his captors were deep asleep.

Dunu managed to wriggle out of the leg manacles. He was only wearing a pair of short and white singlet. A perimeter fence with broken bottles atop was to become a major obstacle to his escape, but the victim found a way. He clambered atop and jumped into freedom.

It was learnt that when he landed into an adjoining building, he was mistaken for a fleeing robber or cultist. Security guards raised the alarm which attracted neighbours to the scene and it was providence that saved him from being lynched by a mob.

One of the security guards who asked not to be named said: “I just came to my duty post that day when I started hearing the shout of ‘thief! Thief!’ I came out and saw this fair-complexioned man running towards me. I stopped him near that mini- tanker (he pointed at a decrepit stationary tanker). He was wearing only his boxer with his white singlet placed on his shoulder. There was fear in his eyes and he looked sick and traumatised. His body was blood-stained and there were injuries on his legs probably because he had been cuffed on his legs for a long time.

“Some people were unwilling to listen to him and they wanted to take him away. I said no, they should leave him here and instead call the elders of the community. I took him to the front of that Foursquare Church and told him to sit at the entrance of the church. I then asked how much the kidnappers were demanding from him and how much he had paid and he said they were demanding N500m and he had paid about N100m. I was shocked. We then took him to the Igando Divisional Police Station. Later that afternoon, the operatives of Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) returned with him to the street, but he was so tired and sick; he did not even come out of the vehicle. They broke into the compound but the kidnappers had escaped. So many things were discovered in the compound, including guns, a white bus and a power bike. I had never seen any power bike on this street before then.”

With the escape of Dunu, he was able to make useful statements to the police about his kidnap. The next day, May 13, SARS operatives in four patrol vans stormed Franzaki Street, Bucknor Estate, off Isheri Osun Road. It was the rented home of one of the workers of Maydon Pharmaceutical, identified as Emeka, a pharmacist. He is from Oguta, Imo State, and in his late 30s or early 40’s; he has a wife and a child, according to the residents, who were rattled by the early morning raid.

Emeka was whisked away from his house by the police. Since then, the residents said he has not returned.

It was on the basis of this breakthrough that the Lagos Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, four days after Emeka’s arrest on May 16 declared a certain faceless Evans wanted. He said: “We are encouraging Nigerians to blow the whistle on this kidnapper. Whoever blows the whistle will get N30 million rewards as stated by the Inspector General of Police…Evans has been on the wanted list of the Police in Anambra, Edo and Lagos states for years. The suspects arrested have given us valuable information, which the command is working on to ensure that he is apprehended by all means.”

Operatives of the Inspector General of Police’s anti-kidnapping team went into action and with the aid of high tech equipment, they were able to track key members of the kidnap syndicate, rounded them up and then set the stage for the final arrest of Evans. This came last Saturday when Evans was demystified by the police.

Mood at the victim’s firm

At the headquarters of Maydon Pharmaceutical Company Limited at 15 Wilmer Street, Ilupeju, Lagos, the atmosphere was subdued. The workers discussed in low tone. There were several innuendoes about a certain Emeka from Oguta. Both Mr. Donatus Dunu, the chairman of the company, and his wife, the managing director, were not on seat.

However, one of the male workers said they had been warned not to discuss their boss’ harrowing experience with pressmen and that it was only the boss or his wife that can speak on the matter. Pressed further, he described his boss’ escape as miraculous. When shown the picture of the compound where Dunu was kept with the inscription ‘Jesus is alive’, he exclaimed ‘indeed, Jesus is alive!’

https://informationengine./2017/06/17/how-kidnap-of-lagos-businessman-led-to-the-arrest-of-evans/

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by Iamsheye(m): 6:16pm On Jun 17, 2017
chai i know this would reach fp..make i book space ,evans is the new snakegrin MODIFIED: can you see i said it o,anyways am FTC again,lala se.un where is the prize o av come for it abi the prize is cash i should PM you my acct detailsgringringrincheesycheesy

30 Likes

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by idealsico(m): 6:22pm On Jun 17, 2017
wonders.

2 Likes

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by tukdi: 8:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
I smell front page grin

Make I book space sha grin

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by brunofarad(m): 9:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
Everyday for the thief ,

One day for the owner

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by NwaAmaikpe: 9:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
#TeamFreeEvans

#FreeEvans

Evans should be freed after all we have politicians like Tinubu who have kidnapped the future of this country walking freely.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by MrMystrO(m): 9:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
Lol Guys Dey Smell Front Page sha! Imagine for Recycled News too. As for the Mods that keep pushing any thread with the Tag "Evans" on it, I no get words for una sha, Na God go judge una, Make una continu..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by Howmon: 9:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
This guy is getting more attention than the Vegetable in chief. Can we just move on to something else?
Celebrity kidnapper!!! We have seen you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by Freeman59: 9:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
I smell FP. Land for sale
Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by scopeman24(m): 9:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
Observing
Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 9:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
Kill this man biko somebody gbagbuo this man angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by bigsmoke2(m): 9:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
There is incontrovertible evidence that this Evans guys is a greedy, wicked and unrepentant criminal who kidnapps people for a living . I expect his trial to be quick and he and his gang member should be lead to the gallows and hung swiftly without any delay

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by dyze(m): 9:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
Evans, olobe.

Kill him abeg. He is occupying space

4 Likes

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by Techwriter: 9:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
THE CONTRADICTING TALES IN THE EVANS STORY
I don't know if its only me but I have noticed several inconsistencies in the numerous stories carried about by news media and bloggers. I have followed the stories closely and always read all the ones posted on Nairalands front page. My conclusions: It seems they are formulating most of the stories to keep active visits to their blogs and websites. This is very possible since Evans can not deny anything on press.

From all ive read here are the discrepancies
1. Evans is from Opi in Nsukka and Evans is from Umudim in Anambra State. The former circulated on Whatsapp and other social media few days ago. The story in Daily post Newspaper reports Evans as saying “It all started in the year 2000 when I fled my home town in Opi, Nsukka Local Government of Enugu State to Lagos after stabbing my fiancée when she decided not to marry me..." while Vanguard Newspaper reports he is from Umudim, Nnewi in Anambra state.

2. There was heavy gunshot before the arrest vs He was picked up from the ceiling and was alone. Some reports say there was heavy gun exchange that lasted for hours before he was captured another gave him out as hiding in the ceiling when the police nabbed him with no guards around the house. Vanguard said he the only resistance he put forth was slamming the door on one of the operatives

3. Who gave him away? One report says one Amaka who is his girlfriend did another said an whistle blower who heard the 30 million Naira bounty placed on his head did

4. The 30 million bounty controversy. They said it was the IG that told the Lagos commissioner of Police to announce the bounty. The IG has long denied knowing about any ransome. Na waooo, who do we believe

I don't believe Evans is 36 years (except theres also football age in criminality), I dont believe he said that he is a very rich man now treated as a mere criminal, he is too smart to make such stupid statements while on arrest. There are so many others, and I think I will stop reading because this is looking like WWE where people fight to entertain, bloggers and even main stream media houses are competing for visitors and they are cooking up stories to keep us coming. If you noticed any, add your own

65 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by Rapsaint2991: 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
We've heard enough abt diz nigga....kill im already
Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by corperscorner: 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
The goat above me will soon get kidnapped...

The person below me is a kidnapper...

7 Likes

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
Everyday for the kidnapper one day for the law....

=[url=Listwand.com]Listwand.com[/url]
Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by Elle277(f): 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
The guy tori no dey finish..

2 Likes

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by Lillee: 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
Evans don turn Celebrity.

1 Like

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
Every day for the thief one day for the owner

Please I'm seriously in need of a job(part-time/FT) , being jobless for a while. thanks
Bsc mat/comp.sci
Contact me for...your any of these
SERVICES
1. Desktop-publishing
2. Web designing/training
3. Online registration
4. Corporate training
5. Software Training
6. Graphics designing
7. systems repair, installation and troubleshooting etc
babs4realscience@yahoo.com
Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by nwafresh(m): 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:
Kill this man

Please don't disturb his excellency

3 Likes

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by ednut1(m): 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
Same Story enta fp today na. Evans don suffer cheesy. May every Emeka like person in our midst die by fire

7 Likes

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by pmc01(m): 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
The MOD that brought this repeat story under a different heading back to the Front Page should be sacked for incompetence.

7 Likes

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by Olarajee(m): 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
Nice
Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by crazyABO(m): 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
Mod is like ur brain is paining u angryor u wish to b unfortunate ehn undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by Olarajee(m): 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
Nice one na
Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by juniior(m): 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
grin
Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by herdekunley9ja(m): 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
everyday for the thief , one day for the owner ....pls let do good
Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by eyinjuege: 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
These kidnappers always have informants.

There must always be involvement of a person close to the victim.

The useless worker too would have pretended to be part of the prayers o....

Thank God for the life of the Donatus guy..

10 Likes

Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by Lexusgs430: 9:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
Evans the snake.......
Re: How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) by cr7rooney10(m): 9:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
Evans u don peme ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Youtuber Kills Pregnant Lover On Live-stream As Viewers Pay Him To Abuse Her(Pix / Soldiers Kill Notorious Cultist 'The Supreme' In Rivers (Graphic Pics) / Notorious Jungle, Agbole Finally Demolished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.