Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,769 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. (55090 Views)

Married Women, Do You Still Give Guys Your Contact? Why? / Husbands Urged To Do This For Their Wives So Their Marriage Could Work. Photos / Counter Thread:5 Things Men Do To Mess Up Their Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 12:20am On Jun 18, 2017
We all know that men sometimes can be very overbearing and sometimes responsible for some actions their wives take but nevertheless,women must understand that marriage is a great,decent and sacred institution that must be treated with utmost respect and guided with all sense of decency.

To be frank,there are some silly things some married ladies do that do not show any form of respect to them,their men and their marriage.
These are things that need to be avoided by the lady irrespective of whatever excuse they may have.

I have had many friends who have been married and some are divorced and after discussing with them,i have come to realize that some of these women were infact the architect of their failed marriages and i will try to elucidate on some of the awkward things ladies do that break up their marriages.

1. Poor communication:

In every relationship we find ourselves,communication is vital. No one is a mind reader and no matter what it may be that could be a reason for your unhappiness,speak out immediately in a stern manner and not laikadaisically.
Many women are found of calling their hubby's relatives to complain about certain issues meanwhile the hubby at home does not have an idea of how hurting they are concerning that issue.

2. Sharing their marital issue with a male admirer/friend.

Not every guy you know is responsible. We have some low lives that has no regard for any form of decency and it is no news that many guys are in this category.
When you discuss your marital issues with an admirer or a male friend,most times what these guys hear is "im vulnurable,i need you as a succor". This is why most times,when a married woman take solace in a male friend,the end result is usually an illicit affair.

3. Being careless with male friends

I have always maintained that there is nothing like just friends between a married woman and another man.
If he is not your childhood friend,co-worker,co-student,business partner then you have no business with him.
Many married ladies have a careless habit of keeping male friends indiscriminately and worst still get so careless allowing these guys call them by their maiden names.

I will never call a married lady by her maiden name because just as the name suggests,its her unmarried name but will rather put Mrs,sis,madam.

When a married lady is called by her maiden name,it diminishes as well as tarnishes her respect,image and matrimony giving room for a potential unethical relationship between her and the "just male friends".

4. Seeking vengeance.

Many married lady tend to take some actions in order to prove to their hubby that a sauce for the goose is also ok for the gander but unfortunately this will destroy your marriage more.

When you take a revenge on your hubby by sleeping with another man because he cheats on you,of what use will that be to you?

What value will that add to your life?
Learn to maintain your dignity no matter what because at the end,the shame will all come back to you and as I always reiterate. ..nobody can make you do what you are not capable of doing.

5. Talking down on your hubby.

This is one foolish mistake many ladies do. You and your hubby are one and talking down on him means talking down on yourself. It is one thing to voice out what he did and another to use outright abusive words on him.

In situations where a couple seperates,some ladies will not mind talking down on their hubby with a friend,their family and even with male suitors and i keep wondering if the woman thinks this will earn her any form of respect.

If you call your hubby a sick man then what does that make you? Or you call your hubby an asshole then it takes an asshole to tango with such a man.

No matter how angry you may be,don't ever rule out reconcilation and even if you are never going to reconcile,respect your matrimony with him even if he deserves no respect from you.

6.Moving out of their matrimonial home hastily over an avoidable reason.

What excuse do you have for running out of your marriage?
He cheated on you,he does not give you attention,he took you for granted,he curses you and many more are the excuses married ladies hold on to and i keep asking this one question;
Will leaving solve the problem? Even a divorce is not a way out because its a 50/50 chance that the next man won't be worse so i advice that you confront that problem and try your best to solve it.

7. Believing there is always a better man out there.

This is one foolish thing married ladies believe. That they will get a better replacement.There are more than enough never married ladies out there for the unmarried guys so you will do yourself a great honor by sticking to your husband.

There is really no better man out there and except you are faced with an unrepentant violent man,please remain in your marriage because you will soon realize that its the same cycle we all go through in any union we find ourselves and there will always be one reason to leave any man you are married to.

Many women divorcees realize this too late as they end up as a toy in the hands of randy men,as second wife,or end up single for a long time as many men will believe they are doing them a big favour by wanting to be with them.

If you must throw in the towel on your marriage,make sure you have exhausted all means of reconciliation because i keep saying that it is better to be single at 40 than to be a divorcee at 20 and a 40 year old single lady is more maritally appealing than a 20year old divorcee,funny but true so think very well before you run out of your marriage.

8.Sharing their marital issues with single female friends..

Like seriously! it may surprise you to know that most of your friends who are still single are not happy that you are married so take your marital problem to them at your own risk.

9.Not looking sexy enough.

If our sultry actress Omotola jalade is looking this sexy after three children then tell me why you can't look sexy too.

Laziness is one big problem with most married ladies.Men get carried away by what they see so do yourself a favour, get that big tummy down and get into crazy bum shorts and flaunt that thing.

We know you cant maintain that sexy look we saw the very first time we met you but at least try your best to look sexy for the next 30years for us after marriage.

10. Never sorry.

Many women are so proud,egocentric and sturbborn to the extent that when they do or say things that are conspicously wrong,they will never or hardly apologize but rather would want to buttress the rationale behind their actions and most men see this as an appalling nature. Be quick to apologize even when you are right..men are naturally egocentric hence the need to bring down your ego to avoid the case of two men married to each other.

11.Geting insecure and monitoring her husband

I have always advised married women to let their men be. Believe whatever he says even when it is clear that he is lieng.The moment you start getting overly jealous,suspicious is the moment you begin to lose your self worth. Don't bother whether he is faithful or not but sternly tell him to play safe if he must be unfaithful and warn him to do it far from you cos what the eyes do not see do not hurt. Yes this sounds crazy but trust me,it works like magic because the husband will likely be on his toes and respect you the more. Remember that a man will always be a man and you can never monitor him.

12.Not good enough in the kitchen and the other room: .

If you are a married lady reading this please don't ever joke with these two places because any woman who knows how to use these two places will most likely have her husband where she wants him cos the way to a man's heart is forever through his stomach and down there.

13.Taking the job of a full housewife.

As you can clearly deduce,being a full housewife is a big job because those who babysit get paid so I quite understand how demanding this can be but nevertheless,don't settle for that,no matter how demanding the task of keeping the home front can be, still do something to be financially independent. Your husband may tell you he does not want you to work promising to provide all your needs but we both know he really can't do that without asking funny questions from you when you demand for money so it is important to have something doing so that the financial pressure will be less on your husband and you can also be self reliant.Being financially independent can also come in handy if your hubby faces any financial crises so take this advise seriously because financial pressure is a great destroyer of marriage.

I don't know if these makes sense.

132 Likes 20 Shares

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Nobody: 4:43am On Jun 18, 2017
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry.
My Simple Advice....is
"If a LADY is not ready to respect a man no matter how stupid that man may be, then that lady is not ready for marriage".
....because sometimes some men can be repulsive, but it takes a lady whose higher centres are mouthwatering to take absolute control and restore normalcy.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by NothingDoMe: 5:12am On Jun 18, 2017
All I'm interested in is the Bonus.

Bonus is more fun than salary. grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Omotayor123(f): 5:23am On Jun 18, 2017
You should change your Topic to "Thirteen Awkward Things That Married Couple Do"

Don't stereotype by putting the Blame on Women Alone. Men needs to abide by those things too.
Your points are Very Okay but they should be both ways.

It's the duty & Responsibility of both partner to make the marriage work. cool

173 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Medunah: 6:32am On Jun 18, 2017
I don't agree with the maiden name thing, at all!

So when a girl gets married, her old male friends can't refer to her by her maiden name again?? Doesn't make sense!

I would find it very awkward if my male friends start referring to me as sis, madam or whatever just because I got married....

Is it only ladies that cause the problems that destroy the marriage? Cos ur list doesn't refer to the guys too, Not only ladies do all those stuffs, men do them too.​

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 6:58am On Jun 18, 2017
Medunah:
I don't agree with the maiden name thing, at all!

So when a girl gets married, her old male friends can't refer to her by her maiden name again?? Doesn't make sense!

I would find it very awkward if my male friends start referring to me as sis, madam or whatever just because I got married....

Is it only ladies that cause the problems that destroy the marriage? Cos ur list doesn't refer to the guys too, Not only ladies do all those stuffs, men do them too.​

The day you ladies start reading my threads without sentiments is the day you will start seing the true message.

You can as well create a thread pointing to the men too.

Once you get married, your status changes and by right your name so that respect must come with it expecially in public.

Will Ambode's friends publicly call him Ambode to his face without putting Governor or your excellency?

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 7:01am On Jun 18, 2017
Omotayor123:
You should change your Topic to "Ten Awkward Things That Married Couple Do"

Don't stereotype by putting the Blame on Women Alone. Men needs to abide by those things too.

Tayo you are intelligent so you can create a counter thread. My message is for the ladies and it does not translate to sexism as many of you nland ladies always conclude cos of the sentiments you ladies attach to my threads.

You may wonder why I focus more on topics relating to women but the reason is so logical...ladies are endangered species in this cruel world of men so it is imperative for them to apply more caution to survive the heartless predatory act of the male folks.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Medunah: 7:06am On Jun 18, 2017
Toks2008:

The day you ladies start reading my threads without sentiments is the day you will start swing the true message.

Once you get married, your status changes and by right your name so that respect must come with it expecially in public.

Will Ambode's friends publicly call him Ambode to his face without putting Governor or your excellency?
A political position is different from marital status!!!!!!!!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 7:11am On Jun 18, 2017
Medunah:

A political position is different from marital status!!!!!!!!!

Can you now see the mistake I was pointing out?

Your marital status is far more important than any status because that is the oldest institution created by the creator of mankind and the world....the earlier you understand this the better.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by austine4real(m): 7:47am On Jun 18, 2017
What about men?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 8:00am On Jun 18, 2017
austine4real:
What about men?
You can create a thread about that.

6 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by austine4real(m): 8:10am On Jun 18, 2017
Toks2008:

You can create a thread about that.
undecided

4 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Omotayor123(f): 9:19am On Jun 18, 2017
Toks2008:

Tayo you are intelligent so you can create a counter thread. My message is for the ladies and it does not translate to sexism as many of you nland ladies always conclude cos of the sentiments you ladies attach to my threads.

You may wonder why I focus more on topics relating to women but the reason is so logical...ladies are endangered species in this cruel world of men so it is imperative for them to apply more caution to survive the heartless predatory act of the male folks.
The way you put it ehn... grin grin grin

BTW, The thread doesn't need to the countered. I just asked you to advice men to follow the same rule.

it takes two to tango.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Lalas247(f): 10:09am On Jun 18, 2017
Better in family section

1 Like

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Martin0(m): 10:18am On Jun 18, 2017
Lalas247:
Better in family section
exactly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 11:58am On Jun 18, 2017
Lalas247:
Better in family section

Lalasticlala will do the needful but I love the romance section more cos of the larger viewers.

3 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Addicted2Women: 10:49pm On Jun 18, 2017

Women are naturally dumb

22 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by emmabest2000(m): 10:49pm On Jun 18, 2017
Your opinion thou

7 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by NwaAmaikpe: 10:50pm On Jun 18, 2017
shocked

Some women are very dumb...

My friend broke up with his wife because she always shaves her pubic hair.

I supported him...why will she shave her pubic hair unless some other fellow is visiting the Holy Grail.
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by auntysimbiat(f): 10:50pm On Jun 18, 2017
WATCH : Things A Woman Should Know And Master During Courtship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pjwCJFqHW0
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 18, 2017
Toks2008:

The day you ladies start reading my threads without sentiments is the day you will start seing the true message.

cheesy nice one toks

2 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 18, 2017
Omotayor123:
You should change your Topic to "Thirteen Awkward Things That Married Couple Do"

It's women like you that the article is addressed to

8 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 18, 2017
auntysimbiat:
So true
I smell lies
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Tenim47(m): 10:54pm On Jun 18, 2017
Omotayor123:

courageous

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Franzinni: 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2017
Women!!! Biko. Stop policing your man.. It does you more harm than good.... If he is paying his dues at home and is smashing you well biko, let him roam...policing will only make you become the side chick fast!!!!?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by SubtleFRED(m): 10:57pm On Jun 18, 2017
The first is taking bombass advices from their professional renowned spinster friends. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by tabithababy(f): 11:00pm On Jun 18, 2017
Toks2008:
We all know that men sometimes can be very overbearing and sometimes responsible for some actions their wives take but nevertheless,women must understand that marriage is a great,decent and sacred institution that must be treated with utmost respect and guided with all sense of decency.

To be frank,there are some silly things some married ladies do that do not show any form of respect to them,their men and their marriage.
These are things that need to be avoided by the lady irrespective of whatever excuse they may have.

I have had many friends who have been married and some are divorced and after discussing with them,i have come to realize that some of these women were infact the architect of their failed marriages and i will try to elucidate on some of the awkward things ladies do that break up their marriages.

1. Poor communication:

In every relationship we find ourselves,communication is vital. No one is a mind reader and no matter what it may be that could be a reason for your unhappiness,speak out immediately in a stern manner and not laikadaisically.
Many women are found of calling their hubby's relatives to complain about certain issues meanwhile the hubby at home does not have an idea of how hurting they are concerning that issue.

2. Sharing their marital issue with a male admirer/friend.

Not every guy you know is responsible. We have some low lives that has no regard for any form of decency and it is no news that many guys are in this category.
When you discuss your marital issues with an admirer or a male friend,most times what these guys hear is "im vulnurable,i need you as a succor". This is why most times,when a married woman take solace in a male friend,the end result is usually an illicit affair.

3. Being careless with male friends

I have always maintained that there is nothing like just friends between a married woman and another man.
If he is not your childhood friend,co-worker,co-student,business partner then you have no business with him.
Many married ladies have a careless habit of keeping male friends indiscriminately and worst still get so careless allowing these guys call them by their maiden names.

I will never call a married lady by her maiden name because just as the name suggests,its her unmarried name but will rather put Mrs,sis,madam.

When a married lady is called by her maiden name,it diminishes as well as tarnishes her respect,image and matrimony giving room for a potential unethical relationship between her and the "just male friends".

4. Seeking vengeance.

Many married lady tend to take some actions in order to prove to their hubby that a sauce for the goose is also ok for the gander but unfortunately this will destroy your marriage more.

When you take a revenge on your hubby by sleeping with another man because he cheats on you,of what use will that be to you?

What value will that add to your life?
Learn to maintain your dignity no matter what because at the end,the shame will all come back to you and as I always reiterate. ..nobody can make you do what you are not capable of doing.

5. Talking down on your hubby.

This is one foolish mistake many ladies do. You and your hubby are one and talking down on him means talking down on yourself. It is one thing to voice out what he did and another to use outright abusive words on him.

In situations where a couple seperates,some ladies will not mind talking down on their hubby with a friend,their family and even with male suitors and i keep wondering if the woman thinks this will earn her any form of respect.

If you call your hubby a sick man then what does that make you? Or you call your hubby an asshole then it takes an asshole to tango with such a man.

No matter how angry you may be,don't ever rule out reconcilation and even if you are never going to reconcile,respect your matrimony with him even if he deserves no respect from you.

6.Moving out of their matrimonial home hastily over an avoidable reason.

What excuse do you have for running out of your marriage?
He cheated on you,he does not give you attention,he took you for granted,he curses you and many more are the excuses married ladies hold on to and i keep asking this one question;
Will leaving solve the problem? Even a divorce is not a way out because its a 50/50 chance that the next man won't be worse so i advice that you confront that problem and try your best to solve it.

7. Believing there is always a better man out there.

This is one foolish thing married ladies believe. That they will get a better replacement.There are more than enough never married ladies out there for the unmarried guys so you will do yourself a great honor by sticking to your husband.

There is really no better man out there and except you are faced with an unrepentant violent man,please remain in your marriage because you will soon realize that its the same cycle we all go through in any union we find ourselves and there will always be one reason to leave any man you are married to.

Many women divorcees realize this too late as they end up as a toy in the hands of randy men,as second wife,or end up single for a long time as many men will believe they are doing them a big favour by wanting to be with them.

If you must throw in the towel on your marriage,make sure you have exhausted all means of reconciliation because i keep saying that it is better to be single at 40 than to be a divorcee at 20 and a 40 year old single lady is more maritally appealing than a 20year old divorcee,funny but true so think very well before you run out of your marriage.

8.Sharing their marital issues with single female friends..

Like seriously! it may surprise you to know that most of your friends who are still single are not happy that you are married so take your marital problem to them at your own risk.

9.Not looking sexy enough.

If our sultry actress Omotola jalade is looking this sexy after three children then tell me why you can't look sexy too.

Laziness is one big problem with most married ladies.Men get carried away by what they see so do yourself a favour, get that big tummy down and get into crazy bum shorts and flaunt that thing.

We know you cant maintain that sexy look we saw the very first time we met you but at least try your best to look sexy for the next 30years for us after marriage.

10. Never sorry.

Many women are so proud,egocentric and sturbborn to the extent that when they do or say things that are conspicously wrong,they will never or hardly apologize but rather would want to buttress the rationale behind their actions and most men see this as an appalling nature. Be quick to apologize even when you are right..men are naturally egocentric hence the need to bring down your ego to avoid the case of two men married to each other.

11.Geting insecure and monitoring her husband

I have always advised married women to let their men be. Believe whatever he says even when it is clear that he is lieng.The moment you start getting overly jealous,suspicious is the moment you begin to lose your self worth. Don't bother whether he is faithful or not but sternly tell him to play safe if he must be unfaithful and warn him to do it far from you cos what the eyes do not see do not hurt. Yes this sounds crazy but trust me,it works like magic because the husband will likely be on his toes and respect you the more. Remember that a man will always be a man and you can never monitor him.

12.Not good enough in the kitchen and the other room: .

If you are a married lady reading this please don't ever joke with these two places because any woman who knows how to use these two places will most likely have her husband where she wants him cos the way to a man's heart is forever through his stomach and down there.

13.Taking the job of a full housewife.

As you can clearly deduce,being a full housewife is a big job because those who babysit get paid so I quite understand how demanding this can be but nevertheless,don't settle for that,no matter how demanding the task of keeping the home front can be, still do something to be financially independent. Your husband may tell you he does not want you to work promising to provide all your needs but we both know he really can't do that without asking funny questions from you when you demand for money so it is important to have something doing so that the financial pressure will be less on your husband and you can also be self reliant.Being financially independent can also come in handy if your hubby faces any financial crises so take this advise seriously because financial pressure is a great destroyer of marriage.

I don't know if these makes sense.
please remarry on time. You really need it

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by ItalianWine(f): 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2017
Now that kiss up there was it cheesy

1 Like

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by WebSurfer(m): 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Some women are very dumb...

My friend broke up with his wife because she always shaves her pubic hair.

I supported him...why will she shave her pubic hair unless some other fellow is visiting the Holy Grail.
this guy is a clown. Trust me

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by oshe11: 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2017
thinking dey r stl young

1 Like

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by emorse(m): 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2017
Toks2008:

This is not to deride you or anything but the bolded makes no sense at all from where I stand. Ambode's friend will call him by his first name (probably Akin). Or even by a very funny nickname. All that formality about first names waters down friendship.

Just before you ask, I was with a group of friends (all married) from way back secondary school and we all called one another by the funniest nicknames we could remember. It was mad fun all through.

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

He Satisfies Me More Than My Husband / My Wife Starves Me Of Sex / Married Zimbabwean Man's Manhood Disappears After Sex With Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.