Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] (35577 Views)

Poll: Who Goes To The Final

Nigeria: 76% (153 votes)
Ghana: 23% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Ikhilor(m): 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2010
Super chickens to beat Ghana?, Grin tweaaaaaaaaaaaa[quote][/quote]

Yes, the Super Eagles will beat the Black twats of Ghana,
mark my words.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by kason121(m): 3:37pm On Jan 26, 2010
Nigeria should not replace the coach but Amodu himself must replace many players.Do you realize that if he is sacked he would be replaced by another average coach or better still with another Berti vogts.So many of those boys do not deserve to be in that team,and aside that, Aiyegbeni is not charged for this competition,why not start him from the bench.
Do you know that the real players we have on the bench are just the keepers,Martins,Nsofor and kalu,no insult intended but this is reality!.And i just cant stop wondering how yusuf got to that team,even a starting lineup, from 150 million Nigerians,is this our best right full back?please,somebody wake me up!

there is no need beating around the bush my brother,the truth is that Amude  prefer his religion and brothers to his job and therefore should be made to realize that we are paying him to coach our team and not to promo religion or his brothers,even if he decide to use Yusuf,for heavenly sake why not start Yak from bench? this is the only way we can beat Ghana if not , i pray we win, however Siasia is the better person for the job,cuz he know  why he is been paid period
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Mickylaw: 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2010
Slow and steady, Amodu will take Nigeria to the finals of the Nations cup
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by unban190: 4:15pm On Jan 26, 2010
^^^

rubbish~
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by paddylo1(m): 4:16pm On Jan 26, 2010
the truth is that Amude prefer his religion and brothers to his job

pardon me cause i dont follow these things too closely

what religion is amodu exactly?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by otokx(m): 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2010
Nigeria will defeat Ghana.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by omar22(m): 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2010
People has showed their ignorance today,

Does it occur to many that Ghana had a day rest longer than Nigeria?

Does it occur to many that it would be Ghana's 4th game of the competition and Nigeria's 5th

Does it occur to many that Nigeria played 120 minutes with 9 men and has less time to recover than Ghana,

Before people start shooting their mouth through their back-side they should engage their brains, Nigeria played as if they ran out of juice after 45 minutes, Can you imagine South Korea who are extremely fit has 45 minute to do some serious Damage against Nigeria knowing that Nigeria has nothing offer in the second half,  I think we need a fitness coach, (That would first kill off Yak and Kanu's world cup dream)
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by illusion2: 4:39pm On Jan 26, 2010

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by 4peace(m): 4:58pm On Jan 26, 2010
eagles play like dey just do 12 round with manny pacman and tyson.
Tired
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Kx: 5:02pm On Jan 26, 2010
The cheapest nations cup as far as nigeria is concerned.

Other countries do the playing,nigeria just do the winning.
monkey dey work,

The trend just might continue even with Ghana.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by vikiviko(m): 5:05pm On Jan 26, 2010
@omar22

The Super EAGLES I HOPE TRIUMPHS OVER BLACK STARS ON THURSDAY ENROUTE WINNING THE CUP.

AMODU IS A LUCKY GRINDING RESULTS HERE AND THERE.

THE PLAYERS PERFORMED BELOW EXPECTATIONS AGAINST ZAMBIA BUT SHOWED CHARACTER AND RESILENCE.

THE DEFENCE LINE OF SHITTU AND APAM WAS EFFECTIVE, THE LEFT BACK PLAYER ME- THINK IS DEFENSIVE THAN TAIWO SO SHOULD CONTINUE TO START.

IF CHIDI ODIAH IS FIT WHY IS MOHAMMED YUSUF PLAYING? THAT GUY MAKES SCHOOL BOY MISTAKES.

OBASI IS INCONSISTENT WITH HIS STYLE OF PLAY, TOO MANY UNFRUITFUL DRIBBLES.

YAKUBU SHOULD ALWAYS START THOUGH PLAYING BELOW PAR ON IS GOOD DAY HE WILL ALWAYS SCORE.

MARTINS SHOULD BE USED FOR 45 MINUTES AGAINST GHANA, HOPING THE MATCH DOESN'T STRETCH TO EXTRA TIME.

KANU NWANKWO CAN PLAY 5 MINS ON THURSDAY WHEN VICTORY IS GUARANTEED.

WHY IS UCHE KALU NOT PLAYING ?

ENYEAMA I THINK HAS REDEEMED HIS IMAGE.

OSAZE PLEASE PLAY WITH PRECISION.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by blackmann(m): 5:05pm On Jan 26, 2010
if egypt triumphs over algeria, i'm sure they may lift the cup a thrid time. nut to me, nigeria may get to the finals.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Jaytee67(m): 5:08pm On Jan 26, 2010
Ghana must bow!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by vikiviko(m): 5:11pm On Jan 26, 2010
EGYPT CAN'T BEAT ALGERIA.

I'LL RATHER NIGERIA PLAYS ALGERIA HOPING WE SCALE THE GHANA HURDLE.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by ochukoccna: 5:18pm On Jan 26, 2010
@ yesterday's match-[size=38pt]What a Pyrrhic Victory, Such a hollow conquest![/size] angry angry angry

@ post, let the dreamer keep dreaming, let Nigerians keep wishing.
I've read through some comments and see everyone [well most people] is  jumping upon the bandwagon of the labored display of the Nigerian Nation Team @ the current Nations Cup in Angola [sorry I can't call them Super cos that is missing from the team and their play] because they are now in the semis. Yet this is an even bigger pointer to the general Nigerian malaise i.e. patch up the leaks& don't rock the boat. keep the peace as long as we can drag it along. Is that not what is playing out on the national political stage when it is obvious what we need is a Sovereign National Conference to address our ills. yet this is football not politics. I agree that @ times a great team scrapes through results but if we want to use this excuse to paper over the obvious cracks we are just been clever in half. Ghana is the nation that has benefited the most from this Nations Cup seeing she has blooded about half of the victorious U20 World Cup winning squad @ senior international competetive level. What does that tell you? Just One word
[size=18pt]Continuity![/size]
and keen competition for her WC bound squad. Where is our WC & Olympics silver winning squad?
By Amodu's standard they can't cut the grade @ senior international football yet.
Amodu fortuitously took Ogbuke to Angola and the lad has proved himself to be one of our best players @ Angola.
He said the home based players are just training materials for our European bench warmers yet the Egyptian team is people by players Kano Pillars beat in the CAF Champions league while Algeria too is packed with local based players.
We may go on to win the Nation's Cup but even that is just a stamp upon Nigeria's mediocrity like our semi final qualification.
But Amodu didn't put himself there, he was appointed by some goons who don't understand the meaning of vision in football nor have a ruminant's sense on how to properly administer football.
But regardless of this all, Nigerians will still celebrate just like we applauded the silver our [size=18pt]olden eaglets undecided[/size] gave us earlier this year.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Youngichou(m): 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2010
yiitit
youngichou
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by 9jaBwai: 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2010
Nigeria with their kind of lackluster play mode will win Ghana by luck and not just luck but 'miraculous luck'. Any team playing the way Super Chickens are playing will not lift the cup and if they do, they don't deserve it. Yakubu should be put on the bench indefinitely. Kalu Uche should play, Kaita should be rested. Yusuf can still start but since Odiah is fit, he could substitute him. Odem should move to the left wing, Obasi should move to the right. I don't know why Obasi a right-footer should be placed on the left when Odem is much better off using his left. Amodu should make use of his senses when replacing players.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by matthew80(m): 5:49pm On Jan 26, 2010
My people, why are you of a doubtful mind? Have faith in God and all your wish shall come to pass. I wish Nigeria "Good Luck". We are playing the final, believe.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by kadzukky(m): 6:23pm On Jan 26, 2010
Hmmmmm! I see say this high blood pressure wey this tired boys de give una de excite una abi? Well, this will not be a matter of fumbling and wobbling to the final.

Against Zambia, no shot fire at all to weda on or off target throughout the first half, no accurate passes all through the game, small small Zambian boys were all over us in the second half, every of our supposed attacks end at their feet. no counter attacks whatsoever,

We better start playing footbal or just get out of Angola and let Ghana continue, I do not want the cup to go back to North Africa, if we continue like this and get to the final, Amodu will say I get the super chickens to the final, , eventhough, i just made them Tastee fried for the North Africans!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 26, 2010
Come Thursday 28th, january 2009 , Ghanaian hearts will be broken and they'll go to bed with a bitter taste in their mouths.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by pheesayor(m): 6:39pm On Jan 26, 2010
charsoso:

Nigeria should not replace the coach but Amodu himself must replace many players.Do you realize that if he is sacked he would be replaced by another average coach or better still with another Berti vogts.So many of those boys do not deserve to be in that team,and aside that, Aiyegbeni is not charged for this competition,why not start him from the bench.
Do you know that the real players we have on the bench are just the keepers,Martins,Nsofor and kalu,no insult intended but this is reality!.And i just cant stop wondering how yusuf got to that team,even a starting lineup, from 150 million Nigerians,is this our best right full back?please,somebody wake me up!
THAT SAME YUSUF SAVED TWO GOALS YESTERDAY, WAIT FOR WHO WILL WAKE YOU UP COS YOU'RE REALLY ASLEEP
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by chusky(m): 6:48pm On Jan 26, 2010
NIGERIA IS PLAYING ALGERIA IN THE FINALS OF AFCON 2010, THAT WILL BE A REMATCH OF ALGERS 90

AT THE END THE SE WILL COME OUT VICTORIOUS THIS TIME

UP 9JA, 9JA 4 EVER WHEDA UNA LIKE IT OR NOT

NIGERIA 2 1 GHANA (though Ghana scores first)

ALGERIA 3 1 EGYPT

GRAND FINALE NIGERIA VS ALGERIA ON 31ST JAN 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by tonitone1(m): 6:48pm On Jan 26, 2010
THE POST SHOULD BE RENAMED AS:

NIGERIA VS GHANA U20!

i hope we don't lose to this Ghana team, or else Essien, Muntari, Appiah & co will yab YAKUBU, MIKEL, KANU & co die when they return to europe
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 26, 2010
Ikhilor:

the Black twats of Ghana will lose

GHANA-MUST-GO!!!!  grin grin grin grin

Head to head
-----------------
Ghana 2 victories
Nigeria 3­ victories
Draws 1
-----------------
i dont need to say anything­ more
123. viva nigeria!!! cheesy cheesy

like play like play nigeria will win the cup!! watch and see
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by jrtorrents: 7:07pm On Jan 26, 2010
Hmmm, Nigerians are big dreamers , so am told. You really think you could beat Ghana? hihihi
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by londoner: 7:14pm On Jan 26, 2010
Sorry people, as much as I want Naija to win, they will win NADA! The Black stars are the top form individually and as a team, while the Eagles still give us hypertension in every game. Ghana will give each Nigerian player a goal each as a parting gift.

I hope its not so, but I dont see Nigeria or anyone else beating Ghana this time. I'm not even going to watch it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by mamagee3(f): 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2010
Nigeria is winning this one. cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Moyola(f): 7:34pm On Jan 26, 2010
Yall 'll b surprised! tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by SeXyBoNE: 7:39pm On Jan 26, 2010
abeg u try go back to your dream oooo

finish the dream make u kom tell us the full story
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by 9jafreak: 8:15pm On Jan 26, 2010
I agree Nigeria sure needs a FITNESS COACH and a team psychologist to reignite the hunger
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Iyineda(m): 9:59pm On Jan 26, 2010
I feel serene about SE encounter against Ghana's BS ([b]B[/b]ull[b]S[/b]h!t?) lipsrsealed grin

But I'm not going to start talking about predictions. One thing the Afcon has taught us is that predicting a football match is as good as trying to read a map without. . . . A MAP.

Our "boys" didn't show a convincing and coherent game plan. That's a huge letdown but I hope that doesn't happen again. The current crop of players are capable of so much more! smiley

And with the addition of the likes of Ike Uche, Ajilore, Adeleye and Olubayo for our SA 2010 campaign, I am quite confident of a good outing.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Africason(m): 9:59pm On Jan 26, 2010
Its a shame the Super E-Girls (super Chickens) don't remember what Ghana did to them in 2008 with 10 men in Accra! Now ou guys want more from the Ghana U-20 Team? The Naija guys better step up to the plate or else if these U-20 dudes whip them, Mikel, Yak and co are gonna take the flak from Essien, Muntari, appiah, mensah and all those 9 regulars missing from the Ghana team.

These Ghana U-20 boys are relentless, quick and have the never say die attitude, nigerians are not goona know what hit them! They're like 11 Michael Essiens!

Me think, Naija gonna hear wien, wien! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Manchester United Fan Buried In Style In Imo State (Photos) / UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown / Anthony Joshua: When Fat Helps Win Fights - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.