Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,871 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:22 AM

Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin (2018 Views)

Did You See This Arsenal Fan In The Stadium After Messi's Penalty? / 15 Yr-old Nigerian Footballer Stabbed To Death In England [pictured] / Mother Of Stabbed Arsenal Fan Cries To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by kitaun(m): 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2007
@All

The present development is that we might need to pass our token through Sir Kay's Account and the details are as follows

Union Bank of Nigeria Savings account No 0172000037444
Chevron Oil Estate
Branch Lekki
Lagos

Adetunji A, Kayode

Which ever amount sent into this account should please be indicated here or by calling Sir Kay on the no given above for accountability purposes, so that we will see to the possibility of making our presentation to the family by Friday or Saturday

Thanx in anticipation
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by justkunmi(m): 9:31pm On Feb 07, 2007
thats nice, kit.

would do my best in this regard,
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by SirKay3(m): 10:00am On Feb 08, 2007
@ ALL,

I made my own payment into the account this morning. So let's keep the ball rolling

God bless you all
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by loyika(m): 11:04am On Feb 08, 2007
Ha!! Ha!! Sir Kay cheesy

That was so funny, Dude its your acct grin

Anyway guys, will see what i can do to add my little quota, hope we all can contribute whatever we have.

God Bless everyone cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by SirKay3(m): 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2007
@ loyika,

grin
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by MOCUMANI: 3:26pm On Feb 08, 2007
What have we gunners done?_Its now a crime to love and support a football team? funny.I guess i will soon have to watch my back when i wear a jersey right? Jesus help us.
cheers angry angry angry
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by kitaun(m): 4:08pm On Feb 09, 2007
SO WHERE WERE WE

Last i heard was the Sports Editor had gone for the Ghana Vs Nigeria match and he is not yet back in the country so the presentation has been rescheduled for next week, at least this gives us enuff time for us to drop in our token to actualize this cause, and the response so far has been poor, it is hoped that over the weekend we get something done about this

God bless us all cool
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by manu4laif: 9:57pm On Feb 09, 2007
I just came across this thread even though I heard the news last week.Kudos to you guys for your efforts.
I hope  to still make a contribution in spite of the dealine .It however goes beyond the contributions by those of us here.I'll explain

Football is fun.We should never ever forget it.When we bring violence into it we become cheap thugs,hooligans.It does not matter who was stabbed or who the hell the aggressor was, it's bad it's bad it's bad!
Mocumani's comment does not address the issue unfortunately.It's not about an arsenal fan being stabbed,it is about why things can degenarate to such a level.When love for team or football gets to this level it is no longer worth the effort.Some of my best friends are Arsenal Chelsea or West Ham fans and I wonder if this could ever happen amongst us or even with any other person.Who the hell are these guys.
We would be making a mistake if people see this as gunners rallying round to support their own, it should otherwise be seen as lovers of football who want this kind of despicable,reckless,needless,debasing,subhuman,inhuman,devilish passion stamped out of football.

People who resort to this kind of behaviour should be behind bars.

I feel for the chap but in addition to what we are doing now we need to begin to see ways to mellow down this kind of behaviour.The benefit of this will be if this is the last time we ever make donations for cases like this.

This MADNESS must STOP!

WAN UNITED!ONE FOOTBALL
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by kitaun(m): 9:22pm On Feb 10, 2007
My Ways!!! cool

The last post by Manu4laif has to go down as one of the most unbiased point-of-view post i have read in a while kiss kiss

Bless you for that post

and maybe peeps here on board that do visit viewing centres and pubs might do well to pass this message across, the one that says and rightly means;

NO TO VIOLENCE IN SPORTS   cool
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 12, 2007
shocked shocked shocked

All these for a fan of Arsenal? What of Julius Berger or stationery Stores?
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by 9ja4eva: 10:35pm On Feb 12, 2007
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by 9ja4eva: 10:38pm On Feb 12, 2007
9ja4eva:

May his soul rest in peace.

Wow sori y'all i didnt even get to read the thread.Thank God he survived.Let me put in something too.
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by Akolawole(m): 9:02am On Mar 06, 2007
@Kitaun and SirKay

Is the money delivered?

I think its bad we hear nothing on this again?
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by 9ja4eva: 9:06am On Mar 06, 2007
Wow thats true.Thanks for bringing it up.
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by kitaun(m): 9:38am On Mar 06, 2007
Akola, how much did u pay? Why is it now you r posting on d issue 4 d 1st time, na wao
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by Akolawole(m): 11:54am On Mar 06, 2007
kitaun:

[size=14pt]Akola, how much did u pay? Why is it now you r posting on d issue 4 d 1st time, na wao[/size]

1) Am i shocked by your question?

No.
2) Is this the first time i will be posting on this?

No

Whether i pay or not is a non-issue. I ask a question the same way any Nairaland sportie could ask.

This is not an Arsenal issue at all, i believe its a Nairaland issue.

I hold it against SirKay and i hereby ban him from coming to Ibadan henceforth.

Against my wish, i think i pay few hundreds at Iwo-road ibadan branch of Union bank within the first few days of the appeal.
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by kitaun(m): 12:18pm On Mar 06, 2007
Ok, ma bad then, 4rm what I know only 4 people responded that I know of, sir kay initially donated 10k and as at the deadline the money amounted to 14k and Sir Kay had 20k transferred to the family, out of which 16k was the amount he put down himself meaning that he had to add more to make 4 a meaningful contribution. Akola, not to worry, ur few hundreds werent embezzled!
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by Akolawole(m): 12:49pm On Mar 06, 2007
kitaun:

Akola, not to worry, your few hundreds werent embezzled!

This has nothing to do with embezzlement.

Embezzleling this is like embezzling Church tithe.

I thought the approach is very wrong.

If its ONLY Arsenal/Chelsea affair, we dont need to bring it out publicly. This is a case of a Football fan affair.

I think the ideal thing should be. " Hi guys, some money had been transfered to the family even though very few people contributed, You can still make a donation till 25/03/07. God bless" Chikena
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by kitaun(m): 1:12pm On Mar 06, 2007
Maybe u are rite, but unfortunately Sir Kay had been busy, but I apologise to the whole house 4 having not updating all on the issue hitherto, I was pissed at the low level of response!
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by 9ja4eva: 12:06am On Mar 07, 2007
?
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by Akolawole(m): 12:10am On Mar 07, 2007
@Kitaun

No problem bro

I dont know whether we should just forget about it or like do a second campaign but it all depends on what SirKay told the family.
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by kitaun(m): 12:44am On Mar 07, 2007
Well . .I really cant say right now, Sir Kay would be in d best position to advise on this *but why guys refuse contribute? na wao, only 2 guys gave a honorable 'later date' to pay up*
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by SirKay3(m): 11:15am On Mar 07, 2007
@ Akolawole,

Thanks for bringing up the issue again. Am very sorry for not coming up with feedback as to how the whole thing went eventually.

Been handling a project @ work for one of my ogas, who happens to be on vacation and had been combining my duties with his, which made me to be roaming in the last one month. The day I sent mail to you, was the only day I was free for 10mins. I hardly call Kitaun as before on phone again. In fact, my DSTV subscription expired without my knowledge, which is off the way I do things. I've been disorganised of late.

My kids had been complaining that I abandoned them at home! You can imagine wetin gaari money is causing us.

I told Kitaun when you paid into the account, but dont know who did. He paid in also and at the end as he did the breakdown was how it went eventually.

The Sports Editor of Vanguard Newspaper (Onochie) was the one who did the presentation on our behalf (I spoke with the stabbed guy's Mum on phone), he has a photoshot with them and yet to publish it, cos he is also not on ground.

I called his cellphone this morning, it was not available. I'ld make sure I talk with him before the end of the week. Watch out for the publication any moment from now.

@ kitaun,

Thanks for taking time to do the explanation for me.

@ All,

Like Akolawole said, if we still have anything to give, we wouldnt mind.
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by Akolawole(m): 11:30am On Mar 07, 2007
Thanks so much SirKay, i knew anything that has your imprints have a touch of heaven grin
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by kitaun(m): 12:11pm On Mar 07, 2007
Sir Kay, thumbs up!! Guys over to you!!
Re: Sos For Stabbed Arsenal Fan- Dodiki Anjorin by loyika(m): 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2007
The issue here is really one of deadlines, as everyone might have something that suddenly comes up that will demand financial commitments, and giving something very small defeats the purpose innit

What i would suggest is that Sir Kay or who ever the House appoints, keeps their account open for donations, as we can still send whatever to the guy, (i believe that Sir kay has made contact with the boys mum) and whenever it gets to something like 20 k again, he gives them. I am very much aware that this cannot go on for ever, but i just feel most folks need time to drop something good. The thread can be bumped up regularlly to remind members that want to send something, to do so, then a final deadline can be made. and if anyone can't make it, then so be it (Like someone said, we could find a way to make this into something, that goes beyond footie, Maybe to an annual donation to a charity or something of that nature, i don't know sha!! )

Anyway. Big ups to Sir Kay cool Kitaun cool and everyone else that contributed in cash and in kind cool We all appreciate your efforts and promise to fulfill our own share soonest cool cool (Thats a Promise from me sha!!)

NICE ONE CHAPS cool

cool GOONER 89

(1) (2) (Reply)

UCL: FC Porto(0) Vs Manchester United(1) [Agg:2-3] On Wednesday 15th April / Nigerian Falconets: Like Father Like Daughter / Hollywood Stars And The Premier League Clubs They Support.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.