Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? (5267 Views)

Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Why You Should Not Bother To Debate Whether Jesus Ever "Existed" / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by MuttleyLaff: 7:12am On Jun 30, 2017
Sarassin:
Of course the charismatic practice of 'speaking in tongues' is glossolalia and not polyglotism
Correct
The charismatic practice of 'speaking in tongues' is sheer delusional make-believe.

Sarassin:
There's no evidence whatsoever that Jesus indulged in such a practice or even spoke Greek
There's no evidence whatsoever that Pontius Pilate used an interpreter to dialogue with Jesus either

Sarassin:
But Christians are never one to let a few facts get in the way of a good chinwag!

Not that I am holding brief for Christians
but you need to check and chill your seething envy of Christians.
Play and kick the OP/topic ball around
instead of opting for shading Christians the foot and stamping it
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Paradigmpastor: 8:42am On Jun 30, 2017
marlerya:

I like this

mhm we need to understand things clearly, before following dogmatically, even the bible ask to seek wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

Speaking in tongues is actually good, but it's not for everybody. Or else it becomes a child's play thing.

A lot of preachers make it sound as if it is the only proof that you are in the spirit. That's a NoNoNo, I call it dogma.
Did I just hear u say speaking in tongues is not for every body?
Speaking in tongue is one of the evidence that you are baptized in the Holy Ghost.
# runs to get scriptural backup#

Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Correct
The charismatic practice of 'speaking in tongues' is sheer delusional make-believe.

There's no evidence whatsoever that Pontius Pilate used an interpreter to dialogue with Jesus either

Pontius Pilate was a murderous procurator, his day had not begun unless he had hung a Jew, Pilate had Jews crucified in their hundreds. Do you suppose they all spoke Greek? Jesus was as good as dead once the arrest warrant had been signed by Pilate. The idea that Jesus stood before Pilate and both men then engaged in a Q&A session is fanciful at best. In all probability, as the gospels hint, Jesus said nothing.

MuttleyLaff:

Not that I am holding brief for Christians
but you need to check and chill your seething envy of Christians.
Play and kick the OP/topic ball around
instead of opting for shading Christians the foot and stamping it

Chill out. Just having a bit of fun.

I am happy to admit that there is much to admire about Christianity. But "seething envy" I am afraid not!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 30, 2017
LalasticSeun:
Go read your bible
Address the post undecided
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 30, 2017
Wryly:
Did Jesus Ever Speak in Tongues??
Comments please
No he didn't speak in tongues but remember he said I will send the comforter which is the Holy Spirit.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 30, 2017
[quote author=Paradigmpastor post=57976994][/quote]
Your are not far from the truth but again it's important as believers that speak it
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by MuttleyLaff: 4:01pm On Jun 30, 2017
Sarassin:
Pontius Pilate was a murderous procurator, his day had not begun unless he had hung a Jew, Pilate had Jews crucified in their hundreds. Do you suppose they all spoke Greek?
Possibly might have, Greek being one of the commercial languages
but hey this your throwing in of other hundred balls
why are you unable to stick with the one ball in play,
Trying to distract with multiple balls thrown on to the field, are you?

Sarassin:
Jesus was as good as dead once the arrest warrant had been signed by Pilate.
The idea that Jesus stood before Pilate and both men then engaged in a Q&A session is fanciful at best.
In all probability, as the gospels hint, Jesus said nothing
Of course, why should He
especially when He needs to get all over and done with

Sarassin:
Chill out. Just having a bit of fun
Hope you've had your fun then

Sarassin:
I am happy to admit that there is much to admire about Christianity
This is mutual (e.g. Luke 16:8-9)

Sarassin:
But "seething envy" I am afraid not!

You're closet Christian, my friend
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 30, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Possibly might have, Greek being one of the commercial languages
but hey this your throwing in of other hundred balls why are you unable to stick with the one ball in play,
Trying to distract with multiple balls thrown on to the field, are you?

Doubtful, most Greek speaking Jews were of the diaspora. We are talking here about Jews who were condemned by Pilate in Jerusalem.

No intention to distract, my point is the Romans were nothing if not consistent and Pilate was an equal opportunities hangman, Jesus was just one of a procession of Jewish men accused of brewing rebellion who came to a sticky end. I would be hugely interested in any direct evidence showing that Jesus spoke Greek but Pilate did not require the services of a translator in order to hang a Jew.

MuttleyLaff:
You're closet Christian, my friend

hehehehe ...Hardly!
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by MuttleyLaff: 8:47am On Jul 01, 2017
Sarassin:
Doubtful, most Greek speaking Jews were of the diaspora.
We are talking here about Jews who were condemned by Pilate in Jerusalem
Not talking of hellenized Jews nor non-greek speaking Jews who were condemned by Pilate in Jerusalem
but just about possiblity of Jesus speaking in another tongue apart from Aramaic or Hebrew
hence bringing up the convo that transpired for example between Jesus and Pilate or Jesus and the centurion

Sarassin:
No intention to distract, my point is the Romans were nothing if not consistent and Pilate was an equal opportunities hangman, Jesus was just one of a procession of Jewish men accused of brewing rebellion who came to a sticky end
Jesus played along to accomplish His purpose, destiny and/or destination

Sarassin:
I would be hugely interested in any direct evidence showing that Jesus spoke Greek
33Pilate then went back inside the palace, summoned Jesus and asked him, “Are you the king of the Jews?”
34“Is that your own idea,” Jesus asked, “or did others talk to you about me?”
35“Am I a Jew?” Pilate replied.
“Your own people and chief priests handed you over to me. What is it you have done?”
36Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world.
If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”
37“You are a king, then!” said Pilate
Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king.
In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth.
Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”

- John 18:33-37

5When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help.
6“Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.”
7Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?”
8The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof.
But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.
9For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me.
I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
10When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him,
“Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.
11I say to you that many will come from the east and the west,
and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.
12But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
13Then Jesus said to the centurion,
“Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.

- Matthew 8:5-13

There you have two convos,
first is between Jesus and Pilate,
the second is between Jesus and the centurion

Sarassin:
but Pilate did not require the services of a translator in order to hang a Jew
Would have needed a translator if it were non-greek speaking Jews

Sarassin:
hehehehe ...Hardly!
Why not?
C'mon. Is it because the filthy lucre is not tempting enough?
I was only pulling your leg
Couldn't resist the gentle tease though
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Blue86(m): 4:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
Tongues is for this dispensation. {The New Testament that started after the death and resurrection of jesus}
That's why after he arose and appeared to his disciples,he told them that the signs that will follow those who believe in him will be tongues inclusive.
Read mark 16: 14-end.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Blue86(m): 5:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
And he never did speak in a Holy Ghost inspired tongue.
Jesus never did.
It was only a learned tongue he spoke in.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Pleased to hear that

I think, you and I, have a mutual respect and admiration for each other's application of 2 Timothy 2:15 & Acts 17:11 on and to biblical matters

Never stop learning.
I always desire to learn something useful, so sure, why not

As it happens knowledge comes from learning
and I've learned that I still have loads to learn
Now you know why, I am glutton for knowledge

I see, its good to have such yearning for knowledge. I have such too.

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by orunto27: 12:10am On Jul 02, 2017
And The Word was God. He made the Tongue to speak it in His own Image.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Not talking of hellenized Jews nor non-greek speaking Jews who were condemned by Pilate in Jerusalem but just about possiblity of Jesus speaking in another tongue apart from Aramaic or Hebrew hence bringing up the convo that transpired for example between Jesus and Pilate or Jesus and the centurion

For me, neither conversation necessarily constitutes historical evidence that Jesus spoke Greek. In particular I doubt the conversation between Jesus and Pilate could have taken place, at a minimum not in the format reported in John 18. Why? Because Pilate having issued and signed the arrest warrant for Jesus in the first place would be very well aware of the reasons Jesus stood before him, therefore in my view the statement in verse 35; Pilate replied. “Your own people and chief priests handed you over to me. What is it you have done?
Is entirely superfluous and out of context, it is (again in my view) entirely self-serving by the author of John.

The conversation between Jesus and the centurion is quite intriguing it is entirely possible that the gospel writers who wrote much later in the first century and at the turn of the century in diaspora when the Greek language was more widely spoken simply made assumptions that Jesus did in fact speak Greek and wrote accordingly[/quote]

MuttleyLaff:
Would have needed a translator if it were non-greek speaking Jews
Not necessarily, historical accounts tell us that Pilate regularly sent out "crucifixion crews" to round up Jewish trouble makers and summarily execute them.

Anyways, I'll go with Pilate's famous words "Quod scripsi, scripsi"
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

C'mon. Is it because the filthy lucre is not tempting enough?
I was only pulling your leg
Couldn't resist the gentle tease though

Hahaha....."and lead me not into temptation, for I can find the way myself.."

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by MuttleyLaff: 4:39am On Jul 03, 2017
Sarassin:
For me, neither conversation necessarily constitutes historical evidence that Jesus spoke Greek
Your denial doesnt invalidate

Sarassin:
In particular I doubt the conversation between Jesus and Pilate could have taken place, at a minimum not in the format reported in John 18. Why? Because Pilate having issued and signed the arrest warrant for Jesus in the first place would be very well aware of the reasons Jesus stood before him
On the contrary, firstly, it was the Jewish authorities (i.e. high priests and the scribes) who sent out orders that anyone who knew where Jesus was should let them know, so that they might arrest and snuff Him.

Secondly, why would Pilate send Jesus to Herod, if Pilate really did issue and sign the arrest warrant for Jesus?

But you have a custom of asking me to release one prisoner each year at Passover.
Would you like me to release this 'King of the Jews'?"

- John 18-39

Its obvious Pilate didnt want anything to do with Jesus because he saw Jesus not being a threat and innocent of charges brought against Him
As seen in John 18-39 above, also in Matthew 27:15, Mark 15:6 and Luke 23:13-24) Pilate in vain, strenuously even tried to release Jesus

Sarassin:
therefore in my view the statement in verse 35; Pilate replied. “Your own people and chief priests handed you over to me. What is it you have done?
Is entirely superfluous and out of context, it is (again in my view) entirely self-serving by the author of John
Superfluous? Are you trying hard to wind me up
The authors of Matthew, Mark and Luke, are they, allegedly, too in on the covfefe?

Sarassin:
The conversation between Jesus and the centurion is quite intriguing it is entirely possible that the gospel writers who wrote much later in the first century and at the turn of the century in diaspora when the Greek language was more widely spoken simply made assumptions that Jesus did in fact speak Greek and wrote accordingly
So you reckon, the conversation between Jesus and the centurion was spoken in a tongue other than Greek

Sarassin:
Not necessarily, historical accounts tell us that Pilate regularly sent out "crucifixion crews" to round up Jewish trouble makers and summarily execute them
Pilate tried to free Jesus,
vouched for Jesus that He wasnt a trouble maker or threat to the Romans

Sarassin:
Anyways, I'll go with Pilate's famous words "Quod scripsi, scripsi"
If going Latin, then that could only be in a Mel Gibson's film.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Your denial doesnt invalidate
Agreed.

MuttleyLaff:

On the contrary, firstly, it was the Jewish authorities (i.e. high priests and the scribes) who sent out orders that anyone who knew where Jesus was should let them know, so that they might arrest and snuff Him.
Secondly, why would Pilate send Jesus to Herod, if Pilate really did issue and sign the arrest warrant for Jesus?
But you have a custom of asking me to release one prisoner each year at Passover.
Would you like me to release this 'King of the Jews'?"

- John 18-39

There is no dispute that Pilate issued an arrest warrant for Jesus, early church fathers made references to it, Tertullian, Eusebius and others clearly had knowledge of it. If you accept that a warrant for the arrest of Jesus was issued by the Romans as would be the norm then the biblical fanciful stories of the gospels become un-tenable. Jewish authorities tracked down Jesus and handed him over to Pilate and doubtless mindful of the vengeance Pilate was capable of wreaking on them, handed Jesus over to Pilate to save their skins.

MuttleyLaff:

Its obvious Pilate didnt want anything to do with Jesus because he saw Jesus not being a threat and innocent of charges brought against Him
As seen in John 18-39 above, also in Matthew 27:15, Mark 15:6 and Luke 23:13-24) Pilate in vain, strenuously even tried to release Jesus

Absolutely not true. The charge before Jesus was the crime of sedition, it doesn’t get worse than that as far as the Romans were concerned. He was charged with being at the helm of a brigandage group of men numbering into hundreds and deemed a clear, present and imminent danger to the peace of the Roman empire.

MuttleyLaff:

So you reckon, the conversation between Jesus and the centurion was spoken in a tongue other than Greek

There's no evidence that the purported conversation actually took place. To me, it reads more of an appeal to a wider audience by an author in the diaspora who wrote so late after the death of Jesus that the possibility that Jesus never actually spoke in Greek may not have occurred to him.

MuttleyLaff:

Pilate tried to free Jesus, vouched for Jesus that He wasnt a trouble maker or threat to the Romans

I'm afraid that's an inter-millennial joke, Pilate hung Jews for fun. According to Philo, in the history of the murderous rule of Pilate we are aware of only one Jewish accused who was released by Pilate, this of course was "Carrabas" who was dressed up in purple robes and had a crown of leaves placed on his head with a derisory note "King of Jews" stuck on him. Pilate set him free because he was clearly non compos mentis .

MuttleyLaff:
If going Latin, then that could only be in a Mel Gibson's film.

When Pilate condemned Jesus to death and had the epithet "Jesus Rex Nazorean Judaeus" inscribed, Jewish authorities asked for it to be amended to read "this man claims to be ...King of the Jews". Pilate refused and responded with the saying "Quod scripsi scripsi" , "what is written ...is written"
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by kocgom: 7:32am On Jan 20, 2018
ONLY THOSE DARE GET THERE.ONLY THOSE WHO DARE DELIVER.WHAT YOU CANNOT CONQUER WHAT YOU DON'T CONFRONT.

WHATEVER YOU CAN'T FACE YOU CAN'T TAKE.IF YOU CANNOT FACE IT,YOU CANNOT TAKE IT.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by kocgom: 7:35am On Jan 20, 2018
ONLY THOSE WHO DARE GET THERE.ONLY THOSE WHO DARE DELIVER.WHAT YOU CANNOT CONQUER WHAT YOU DON'T CONFRONT.

WHATEVER YOU CAN'T FACE YOU CAN'T TAKE.IF YOU CANNOT FACE IT,YOU CANNOT TAKE IT.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Eldavis(m): 8:06am On Jan 20, 2018
Jesus didnt speak in tongues oooo…..
It was afta he left n he sent d holy spirit den the disciples started speaking..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Eldavis(m): 8:08am On Jan 20, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Yes

Jesus altogether spoke possibly in at least three tongues

No he didnt
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Horluwahighdee(m): 8:14am On Jan 20, 2018
If Jesus did not speak in tongues, He won't cause/lead His disciples to do that.
If Jesus Did Not Speak in tongues , he won't say anything concerning it or see speaking in tongues as a sign~ mark 16:15
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by MuttleyLaff: 8:37am On Jan 20, 2018
Eldavis:
Jesus didnt speak in tongues oooo…..
If Jesus didnt speak in tongues then
Then how did He communicate?
You're not suggesting it was with sign language, are you now?

Eldavis:
It was afta he left n he sent d holy spirit den the disciples started speaking..
5But there were men dwelling in Jerusalem who were worshipers of God, Jews from every nation under Heaven.
6And when that noise occurred, the entire populace gathered and was agitated,
because each one of them heard that they were speaking in their dialects
7And they were all marveling and were amazed as they were saying, each to the other,
"Are not all these who are speaking Galileans?"*
8"How are we hearing, everyone, his own dialect in which we were born?"

- Acts 2:5-8

Notice the disciples were speaking recognisable spoken words,
and the speech or manner of speaking was understandable
The dialecs heard spoken of the day were:
1) those of the Parthians and Medes and Elanites,
2) people from Mesopotamia, Judea, Cappadocia, Pontus, the province of Asia,
3) people Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the districts of Libya around Cyrene,
and visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes,
4) Cretans, and Arabs

Eldavis:
No he didnt
No he didnt what?
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Eldavis(m): 1:10pm On Jan 20, 2018
[quote author=MuttleyLaff post=64356172]If Jesus didnt speak in tongues then
Then how did He communicate?
You're not suggesting it was with sign language, are you now?

5But there were men dwelling in Jerusalem who were worshipers of God, Jews from every nation under Heaven.
6And when that noise occurred, the entire populace gathered and was agitated,
because each one of them heard that they were speaking in their dialects
7And they were all marveling and were amazed as they were saying, each to the other,
"Are not all these who are speaking Galileans?"*
8"How are we hearing, everyone, his own dialect in which we were born?"

- Acts 2:5-8

Notice the disciples were speaking recognisable spoken words,
and the speech or manner of speaking was understandable
The dialecs heard spoken of the day were:
1) those of the Parthians and Medes and Elanites,
2) people from Mesopotamia, Judea, Cappadocia, Pontus, the province of Asia,
3) people Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the districts of Libya around Cyrene,
and visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes,
4) Cretans, and Arabs

Oooh…. Ohk I get your point bro I used too tink speaking in tongues (difft languages like in acts 2) was difft frm speaking in a heavenly language (asin a language dat we humans dnt knw d origin or source or tribe) were 2 dift tinz….
Ohk I want too ask dis jux to get more understanding
Ohk for example an igbo man begans prophesying in hausa or urhobo etc, dat can also be called in tongues rite?
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by MuttleyLaff: 3:08pm On Jan 20, 2018
Eldavis:
Oooh…. Ohk I get your point bro I used too tink speaking in tongues (difft languages like in acts 2) was difft frm speaking in a heavenly language (asin a language dat we humans dnt knw d origin or source or tribe) were 2 dift tinz….
If I speak with the languages of men and of angels,
but don't have love, I have become sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal

- 1 Corinthians 13:1
The crux of 1 Corinthians 13:1 wasn't about implying heavenly language but just to show that IF anyone happens to per adventure speak the language of angel but is devoid of love, then what benefit or use is such language which becomes nothing else than noise

IF, is a conditional clause, it is a supposition. It doesn't necessarily mean the IF subject does or doesn't exist.

Eldavis:
Ohk I want too ask dis jux to get more understanding
Ohk for example an igbo man begans prophesying in hausa or urhobo etc, dat can also be called in tongues rite?
Absolutely brother, that's exactly it in one.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Eldavis(m): 3:34pm On Jan 20, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

The crux of 1 Corinthians 13:1 wasn't about implying heavenly language but just to show that IF anyone happens to per adventure speak the language of angel but is devoid of love, then what benefit or use is such language which becomes nothing else than noise

IF, is a conditional clause, it is a supposition. It doesn't necessarily mean the IF subject does or doesn't exist.

Lol hmm ohk bro
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Eldavis(m): 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Lol hmm ohk bro tnks
Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by MuttleyLaff: 7:21pm On Jan 20, 2018
Eldavis:
Lol hmm ohk bro tnks
Some of the next questions you should deeply and thoroughly be thinking about are:
1) How many times did incidents of speaking in tongues happen in the bible?
2) Why was there the need for this phenomenon to occur on each of those occasions in #1 above
3) What was the primary and core objective of it?
4) Are there any noticeable underlining common denominators in each and all instances?

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? by Kolanist(m): 7:24pm On Jan 20, 2018
There is nothing wrong in PRAYING in tongues aloud in the church.it is just that when ever u pray in an unknown tongue in the church try to pray in a known tongue also~1CORINTHIANS 14:14-17. There is a difference between PRAYING in tongues(1CORINTHIANS 14:14-15) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES WITHOUT INTERPRETATION FOR UNBELIEVERS TO HEAR (1CORINTHIANS 14:21-22) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES TO MAGNIFY\PRAISE\TELL OF GOD'S WONDERS\WORSHIP\ which is the evidence of The Holy Spirit baptism(ACTS 2:1-15; ACTS 10:44-46 ) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES FOR INTERPRETATION FOR BELIEVERS TO HEAR(1CORINTHIANS 14:27-28). Every christian can PRAY in tongues(it is called PRAYER LANGUAGE)&all can speak in tongues for unbelievers to hear and all SHOULD speak in tongues to praise\magnify\tell of God's wonders\worship\(this is the evidence of The Holy Spirit baptism) but not all christians can SPEAK IN TONGUES FOR INTERPRETATION(it is a specific gift of the spirit in 1CORINTHIANS 12:10&30). If the bible condems speaking in tongue openly for unbelievers to hear why does it say in 1CORINTIANS 14:21-22 that "with men of other tongues will i SPEAK UNTO THIS PEOPLE yet they will not hear wherefore tongues is a SIGN TO UNBELIEVER" . If tongues is a sign to unbelievers as the scripture says, how will they hear it as a sign to them if it is not spoken openly to them or for them to hear. 1CORINTHIANS 14:39 says "........FORBID NOT TO SPEAK WITH TONGUES" .Even in the first church, they ALL spoke with tongues to tell of God's wonders for the unbelievers to hear(ACTS 2:1-15).The fact is this, if ALL of them were not speaking in tongues in the first church during penticost, why did the people MOCK THEM SAYING THEY WERE DRUNK OF WINE in ACTS 2:13-15 ,if they were all speaking with understanding the people would not have said they were drunk ,this is what happened in Cornelius's house(ACTS 10:44-46). This is proof of the validity of speaking and praying in tongues openly .SPEAKING in tongues(without interpretation) should be done for unbelievers;SPEAKING in tongues to praise\magnify\tell of God's wonders\worship\ SHOULD be done any were by all believers(any were,in &outside the church) but SPEAKING in tongues for interpretation(with an interpreter)(not all believers can do this) can be done in the church, there is the speaking with TONGUES OF ANGELS in 1CORINTHIANS 13:1 which i guess no man can understand, PRAYING in an unknown tongue can be done every were(in and outside the church) but try to pray with a known tongue as also with the unknown

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Anyone Actually Seen A Demon Before? / Athiesm The "No God" Religion / Atheist/irreligious Men Tell The Truth....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.