Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

The Church Girl - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Church Girl (559 Views)

You Find This On The Floor In The Church, What Will You Do? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional August 23, 2017 – The Church Of God..2 / One Of The Victims Of The Church That Collapses In Uyo Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Church Girl by NujiPressy(f): 8:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
PART 1

My name is Adesewa. I was raised by Godfearing parents
who were blessed with six girls. My parents were deacon and deaconess in a pentecostal church. I happened to be their third
daughter, with three younger ones. I had my HND at Yaba college of technology and was
posted to Kwara state for my youth service.

I had given my life to Christ since my secondary school
days, and I used to sing a lot, sometimes I even composed
my own song. I joined the church choir when i was just nine years old.

After the 3 weeks orientation program of d NYSC, I was
posted to a secondary school at Oyan for the one year service. I was given a room in the school compound at the Corp members’ quarters.

On getting to Oyan, I started looking for a pentecostal
church where i could be worshipping, and soon I was able to find one. Shortly after I started worshipping in the church, I joined the choir. Fortunately, it was at the time when the choir leader just
left the church and there was nobody to coordinate the
members. Before I knew it, I was made the choir leader
after being interviewed by the pastor, Pastor Williams. I was loved by everybody in the church, especially the
choristers, because of my unique voice. Whenever I sang or led a song, the whole congregation had a way of murmuring “Huuuuunnnnn!” with a sigh of satisfaction when they heard my voice.
Most of the choir members were younger than I was, so
they called me “Aunty” or “Sister Sewa”. One of them was Bode, who used to play keyboard for us in the church. He was so gifted when it comes to instruments,there
was no instrument he couldn’t play. I always felt d presence of God whenever he was on keyboard.

Back to my background,
I was named Adesewa after my late grandmother, who
passed away shortly before i was born. My dad loved his mum so much and hence transferred the love to me, believing that his late mother was the one who came back, more so, according to him, I was the mama’s carbon copy. It was after he became saved,
that he knew he was wrong.
My second name was Yetunde. My dad saw me as perfect. Anything i did or said was right, even when I myself knew I was wrong. In a nutshell, I was his favourite.
When my mum noticed that daddy was treating me like the apple of his eyes, she wasn’t taking things easy with me at all. She spank me at every slight mistake I made, mostly when my dad wasn’t at home. Sometimes she would lament..”You this spoilt brat!. Your father has spoilt you. See, I will make sure I deal with you before maggots
start coming out of your body….”

My two elder sisters too, also made life miserable for me,
especially,the first born, sister Temi. She would never
tolerate any nonsense from me, she took after mummy, but her own was just too much.

By the time I was serving, sister Temi and sister Tiwa had
got married, but I have been tamed already. So what happened to me

Watch Out For Episode 2
Re: The Church Girl by NujiPressy(f): 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2017
*Part 2*

*THE CHURCH GIRL*

Bode was the closest to me among all the choir members. I could see in him, a younger brother I never had. My school was not so far to the church, so sometimes after service
or singing practice, he would say “Aunty Sewa, I’m coming to your place to eat o”. I would tell him to come, since I really didn’t know how to prepare one man meal, I was always having leftover.

He was only 20yrs old then, while I was 24. He was a 200 level student of College of Education, Okene, and a native of Oyan where I was serving.

When I first got to the church, his school was on break. Before we could really get to know each other, his break was over, so he went back to school.

About a month after he left, I saw him in church one Sunday morning.
*And then the story of my life changed..*

I asked him why he came home so soon, he told me he
had not paid his school fees and that his parents were not able to give him the money.
I got to know that his dad was an old farmer, and his mum, a
petty trader at Oyan market.
Money was never my problem, because besides the allowance I was receiving from NYSC, my dad was always sending money into my account without my sister's knowledge. He would say he didn’t want me to suffer since I was far from home. So, I asked him the amount he needed. He told me, and I told him to come and meet me in school the next day, so we could go to bank together to withdraw the money. I withdrew almost everything I had in my account, gave him his school fees, transport fare and a token as pocket money, and he was very happy. His mum came later to show her appreciation on behalf of the
family and that was what really brought us closer.

Whenever he was away in
school, he would be sending text messages to me, thanking me for helping him. Sometimes, he would send me message that he went to
bed the previous night with an empty stomach, and out of compassion, I would quickly send him any amount I could afford to buy foodstuff, and as usual, he would appreciate me.

Soon, we were on Christmas break. I didn’t want to travel, but my dad insisted I should come to Lagos. After the break, I was supposed to return to Oyan in January. Daddy couldn’t give me enough money as he had spent a lot during the festive season. He expected me to still have some money in my bank account. He was taken aback when he asked me how much I had with me and I answered, “Nothing sir”.
“You don’t mean it!. What are you using money for? Are you feeding more than your mouth? What did you do with the money I sent to your account last month?….Hun?.Tell me!.”
Mummy and Sis Temi heard him as he was talking to me in
annoyance.

Sis Temi came with her husband and daughter to visit our parents. She was busy chatting with mum, when they heard daddy raising his voice.
The moment she heard that dad was sending money to me, she said “Da-dd-y!.So you’ve been sending money to Sewa every month!!..I am the first person to go on national service in this house and I remember if I didn’t ask you for money, you wouldn’t give me and I would have to give you the details of what I needed the money for, before you would give it.”

“And you, (turning to me) what are you spending money on?.Have u
bought a plot of land?. Oh! You want to build a house in Oyan right?.Is that not so?”

My compassion for Bode resulted into spending all my money on him almost led into a fight in my family that fateful day. But then, what was I not doing right?........

Watch Out For Episode 3.
Re: The Church Girl by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 14, 2017
Fantastic write up, but can you play coy abit? So the reader can be imaginative, you direct approach will not stimulate the reader so much mentally...I hope you dig?

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive! More Than 100 Badoo Boys Suspects Arrested As Police, OPC, Onyabo, Ot / If Life Had A "Reset" Button What Would You Reset It To / Corp Member's Attacked And Robbed In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.