Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra (54135 Views)

People In Jewish Attire Storm Umuahia Streets With Biafra Insignia (Photos) / IPOB Members With ‘Biafra Currency’ In Abia Arrested By Police / Igbo Youths Write UN, Demand Protection Of Igbos In The North And Referendum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by MediumStout(m): 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2017
engrchykae:
nnamdi kanu isnt the one who crippled ibeto and ensured that no airport or seaport is working in the eastern region.

Why do u need a sea port in the east when we have a functional one in Lagos. Ship in your goods through our Apapa port and pay taxes to our government. No port needed in South East

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by mohlanforex: 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2017
Are you not aware that in 1979, Igbo has only two states, Anambra and Imo whereas Yoruba has four states. Today Igbo has five states and Yorubas has six states. Are you not aware that Igbo has six senators in 1979 whereas Yoruba has twelve senators. Today they have fifteen senators whereas we have eighteen senators. Calculate the percentage increase. Let us ask, who has been marginalized?
They will come to us that those Hausas are bad they are not educated, they are Muslims, they want to Islamise Nigeria, they are this and that yet they will go behind to form an alliance with them.
Strategically they have been reducing our economic potential because they have been able to increase their slots in geometric progression and ours is in arithmetic progression. More slots in Federal appointments whereas ours have continued to reduce.
Are you aware that the Land mass that make up the five Eastern states is not up to Oyo state yet they have been able to create five states out of it.
The first group of people that started trading in spare parts are Yoruba particularly our people from Ijebu-Ode but they have been muscled out of the business.
The idea of Geo-political Zone was mouthed by Ojukwu to favour the Igbo. Now through Jonathan conference they said they are being marginalized because they are the only Geo-political zone with five states. Can you imagine that? From two states. That is what I called strategic thinking. Unfortunately, Yorubas that went to that conference agreed with them foolishly particularly afenifere in the likes of Yinka Odumakin. What a tragedy. Let's ask them, what did Yorubas that attended the conference brought home? The answer is nothing.
The issue of Biafra being championed by Kanu is not by accident, it is a grand design to negotiate for more. Now it is coming out, South East Development commission. Why don't we ask, to be funded by who? If it is agreed they will continue to reduce our economic potential in the Nigerian state.
But, come to think of it why don't you let Biafra be. They are adding no value to us and I can bet you that nobody will miss them. Remember that they fired the first shot that started Nigerian civil war. Killing Tafawa Balewa, Ahmadu Bello and some notable Yorubas.
Of recent, Chinue Achebe wrote a book "There was a Country". Accusing Awolowo of committing Progrom. What a tragic write up. The question to ask is who started the war? Can I continue to feed my enemy to have more strength to battle me.
Igbo would never change. Domination is in their blood and they can only be satisfied if they have what belongs to you and you have not.
Yoruba E Ronu yin o

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by simplycarro: 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2017
wingman:

[s]If you shed off some of the hatred weighing you down you could make reasonable contributions one day[/s].
Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by ebby9z(m): 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
This is the most sensible post I've ever seen about this Biafra issue. Only if the Igbos can be this civil and articulate in their approach. Although I can bet that if a referendum is conducted, most Igbos will vote to remain especially because of their businesses. But Nnamdu Kanu owes it to his kindred to allow them choose and not force Biafra their throats.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by Ngokafor(f): 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
...There is no need writting useless letters to Osibanjo,he cant do much in that regard.

..Rather Write to your damned Senators and HOR to initiate the process in NASS..not writting useless letters and playing to the gallery....gosh!

2 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by FriendNG: 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
hammer6:

OUR NUMBERS ARE NOT ENOUGH TO CALL REFERENDUM, LET THE NORTH SENATORS JOIN SS/SE SENATORS TO CALL REFERENDUM.

IT IS A WIN WIN FOR EVERYBODY. WE ARE NOT BENEFITING ANYTHING FROM NORTH.

No. You call 4 it first and see whether or not the northern reps will support u.

12 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by Daboomb: 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
ZorGBUooeh:
Yah man! That's the spirit.. Ipod ad Ipond must go..Oduarewastan loading. smiley

You are Ibo, why do you keep invoking Yoruba into your plight, under a pretext? angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by ChimaAdeoye: 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
intruxive:

Just leave, nobody cares anymore

Theb lets have the referendum and leave if you mean a word that comes from your mouth
Yet, same fulani will ssy no. But they write usekess letters online.
Who us fooling who?
Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
As an Edo man I am tired of this BIAFRA Crap. We don't even need a referendum..I say let them GO. I even suggest we give them half out foreign reserve of $50 billion to help them start afresh. Until recently i bought into the propaganda that the Northeners are hateful until the day I listened to radio Biafra by accident..I nearly threw up. These people believe they are Jews and the rest of us Nigerians are gentiled. The main idiot leading this sick movement is in London with his family. Abeg I say let's grant them their wish so we gentiles can rest. Igbo this Biafra that...such arrogant self aggrandizement.

If you are igbo where ever you are in Lagos or anywhere else, please go create your own country in Enugu. We are tired of your Crap.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by Ugosample(m): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2017
Who are these ones?
Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by janykute: 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
nobleblood:
Igbos are worst and over dominaring. Greedy at best with no clear coordinates. They mess up your environment all in the name of doing business. Am from akwa ibom. And have withness them close range. Anywhere they step to, they want to overpower the indigenes sytematically and rule.will best be a slave to an Hausa man, than an Igbo.

Thank heavens they lost that war. Otherwise....
My friend go and do a DNA test and confirm exactly where you are from that's if your hatred for the igbos will allow you.Akwa Ibom indeed.

8 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by FriendNG: 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
teebillz:
The northern youths seems to forget that once the Igbos leave, the south-south will also leave.

Who is holding them? If they want, they should be included in the referendum.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by Stricker321: 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
intruxive:

Just leave, nobody cares anymore

cheesy cheesy cheesy

This is what you get when you think you can put a big tribe like the Igbo down. wink

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by victorvezx(m): 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2017
Noneroone:
Even though the long epistle reeks of frustration, Arewa youths must be commended for for their new stance on self determination. however, they seem confused- holding carnival with Igbo attire today and next they want support Biafra.

Btw, i hope they know we notice the way they have been trying so hard to associate Biafra with south east geo political zone. we wont get tired of reminding them that south east zone neither represents the entire Biafra nor even the complete Igboland.

their fear just started.
Lol, fear? Fear who? U Biafrans are the one afraid of the fact that Biafra will surely be the landlocked 5 south east state if it is ever realised. That is ur greatest fear, ask Ipob leadership, they don't even want to consider or even think of Biafra with only 5 south east states. Now the northerners say go with ur 5 south east state, u say they are afraid, how can they be afraid when they have the power to restrict Biafra to only the 5 south east states? They are the majority in the army, they sometimes control it, they can use. But what do u biafrans have to even dare take more territories in the the south south? Hahaha

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by simplycarro: 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
hammer6:

OUR NUMBERS ARE NOT ENOUGH TO CALL REFERENDUM, LET THE NORTH SENATORS JOIN SS/SE SENATORS TO CALL REFERENDUM.

IT IS A WIN WIN FOR EVERYBODY. WE ARE NOT BENEFITING ANYTHING FROM NORTH.

So now you know you need numbers? So why all the insults when you know one day you will still need those people you are throwing insults at?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by omoharry(f): 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
simplycarro:

We can actually achieve this, this is my dream of a restructured Nigeria, after the Biafrans must have been pushed to their country.
It's increasingly becoming obvious that the North is tired of the Igbos and it's clear the the Northerners are more matured in their approach. No insults like the Biafrans, just facts as known to them.
The debate will eventually force this govt to DO SOMETHING.
Unfortunately the Ibos hardly debate, but to insult, curse and throw expletives all around the place.
After the exit of igbo..no other ethnic group would like to stay with the core north..God forbid

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by 0b100100111: 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2017
grin grin grin

Make IPOB's show there self-acclaimed bravery and leave the North abeg!

grin grin grin

If they really want to make a point with that, they should leave the West in addition! grin grin grin

Dem no fit! Always chest-beating!

Empty barrels!

Make dem leave go there land locked erosion ridden region now, dem no fit...

Cowards!

21 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by 0b100100111: 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2017
omoharry:
After the exit of igbo..no other ethnic group would like to stay with the core north..God forbid

Igbo's should exit first! After that we would know if we can co-habit

15 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by emmanuelex1(m): 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2017
THIS NORTHERN YOUTHS ARE TRULY FUNNY, WHY DOES MY MIND TELL ME THAT THEY ARE DOING THIS KNOWING FULLY WELL THAT PROFESSOR OSINBANJO HAS A SICK BOSS HE TAKES ORDERS FROM. IN AS MUCH I SUPPORT RESTRUCTURING AND NOT DISINTEGRATION I STILL WISH THE NORTHERN YOUTHS GOOD LUCK IN THEIR QUEST BECAUSE I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT IGBOS WILL GLADLY ACCEPT THE REFERENDUM OFFER. AFTER INTERVIEWING SOME IGBOS IN THE NORTH, I WAS MADE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY WANT TO LEAVE THE NORTH BUT THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF GIVING THEM REFERENDUM, WHICH I BELIEVE IS TRUE. FOR ME THE SOLUTION IS SIMPLE, IF THE NORTH YOUTHS HONESTLY WANTS IGBO TO GO THEY SHOULD CONTINUE AND SERIOUSLY PUSH FOR REFERENDUM. QUOTE ME TODAY THAT ONE REFERENDUM WILL DEFINITELY LEAD TO MANY REFERENDUMS (DISINTEGRATION).

bkool7:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/northern-youths-write-osinbajo-beg-allow-igbo-go-biafra/
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5520322_agpresidentosinbajomeetswithnorthernleaders8_jpeg4c9c76fa80062db299dfd53ac75565ed
Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by Ngokafor(f): 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2017
simplycarro:

We can actually achieve this, this is my dream of a restructured Nigeria, after the Biafrans must have been pushed to their country.
It's increasingly becoming obvious that the North is tired of the Igbos and it's clear the the Northerners are more matured in their approach. No insults like the Biafrans, just facts as known to them.
The debate will eventually force this govt to DO SOMETHING.
Unfortunately the Ibos hardly debate, but to insult, curse and throw expletives all around the place.

..Common zip your beak!....Always hiding behind northerners to spew your slavish drivel.

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by Pesuzok(m): 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2017
engrchykae:
nnamdi kanu isnt the one who crippled ibeto and ensured that no airport or seaport is working in the eastern region.

Biafra is not the problem, the major problem is this bolded.

The SS have made it clear that they want to be on their own, why planning a country on a flawed foundation and assumption that SS is part of biafra.

I am core Igbo, and I am yet to get a straight answer to my concerns about biafra

8 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by hammer6: 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2017
simplycarro:

So now you know you need numbers? So why all the insults when you know one day you will still need those people you are throwing insults at?

LISTEN TO THE VOICE OF NORTHERN YOUTHS, DEY ARE NOW BEGGING OSINBANJO TO LET BIAFRA GO.

NEXT THEIR REPS AND SENATORS WILL JOIN DEM.

WE WIN AGAIN.

WE DONT NEED AFONJA FOR NOTHING AND NEITHER DO WE NEED THE ABOKI.

WE TAKE OUR SS PEOPLE, IDOMA AND IGALA AND WE ARE GOOD TO GO. WE WILL BE JUST FINE.

WE DONT MISS OUR WORDS, WE ARE CONSISTENT AND REPEAT THE SAMETHING OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by Eluwilussit(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2017
pro2010:
Although I am for restructuring, but a referendum would not be a bad idea at this point.
The Southeast is better off restructured (true federating states) its going to be too painful/maybe fatal too, in the first decade's should Biafra get independence. You don't go into things as weighty as this without a plan. I doubt that the government would oblige the request anyway.

What plans does Nigeria itself have? Going back to independence, can u honestly point out one plan that was successfully executed by the Nigerian state? grin
Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by AnanseK(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2017
ITbomb:
Everything here is 100% correct.
From the analogue of the Nairaland scenerio and the Nigeria stalement.

Like I told the other guy here who was preaching about changing our value system as a solution to Nigeria's problems.
You cannot be preaching change in value in a country that is fundamentally skewed to favour a section at the detriment of others. We need a bottom up solution and that is to ask ourselves, "Should we continue together?" if yes, "how should we stay together in terms of resources and policy sharing"

Personally, I prefer a Federation of Nigerian States than some isolated breakaway sovereignty.
We have passed that stage my brother, if you are IPOB please go and celebrate. Biafra is waiting for you, we can't live with you under any arrangement Whatsoever.

13 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by Ugosample(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2017
SSBN:
As an Edo man I am tired of this BIAFRA Crap. We don't even need a referendum..I say let them GO. I even suggest we give them half out foreign reserve of $50 billion to help them start afresh. Until recently i bought into the propaganda that the Northeners are hateful until the day I listened to radio Biafra by accident..I nearly threw up. These people believe they are Jews and the rest of us Nigerians are gentiled. The main idiot leading this sick movement is in London with his family. Abeg I say let's grant them their wish so we gentiles can rest. Igbo this Biafra that...such arrogant self aggrandizement.

If you are igbo where ever you are in Lagos or anywhere else, please go create your own country in Enugu. We are tired of your Crap.

Please don't generalise

We sensible Igbos are different from the IPOB touts running their mouths and spreading hate speech.

unfortunately, it's all of us that will suffer from their folly and foolishness

13 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by Ngokafor(f): 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2017
ebby9z:
This is the most sensible post I've ever seen about this Biafra issue. Only if the Igbos can be this civil and articulate in their approach. Although I can bet that if a referendum is conducted, most Igbos will vote to remain especially because of their businesses. But Nnamdu Kanu owes it to his kindred to allow them choose and not force Biafra their throats.

...Is that what Igbos told you??..
Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by emmanuelex1(m): 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2017
THIS NORTHERN YOUTHS ARE TRULY FUNNY, WHY DOES MY MIND TELL ME THAT THEY ARE DOING THIS KNOWING FULLY WELL THAT PROFESSOR OSINBANJO HAS A SICK BOSS HE TAKES ORDERS FROM. IN AS MUCH I SUPPORT RESTRUCTURING AND NOT DISINTEGRATION I STILL WISH THE NORTHERN YOUTHS GOOD LUCK IN THEIR QUEST BECAUSE I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT IGBOS WILL GLADLY ACCEPT THE REFERENDUM OFFER. AFTER INTERVIEWING SOME IGBOS IN THE NORTH, I WAS MADE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY WANT TO LEAVE THE NORTH BUT THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF GIVING THEM REFERENDUM, WHICH I BELIEVE IS TRUE. FOR ME THE SOLUTION IS SIMPLE, IF THE NORTH YOUTHS HONESTLY WANTS IGBO TO GO THEY SHOULD CONTINUE AND SERIOUSLY PUSH FOR REFERENDUM. QUOTE ME TODAY THAT ONE REFERENDUM WILL DEFINITELY LEAD TO MANY REFERENDUMS (DISINTEGRATION).

bkool7:

1. To all Igbos clamouring for Biafra, have you
built up your homeland to go back to?
2. Never choose to start a fight you can’t finish.
So what happened in Ore won’t happen again.
Have sources of food, plenty ammunition, good
roads, high citizen morale, foreign and local
support in high places.
Nnamdi Kanu
3. There is only one way a coup can end. Some
will emerge as victors, some will be vanquished.
He who has the victory has the upper hand. Biafra
was an indirect result of the 1966 coup. If the
coup had been successful, there won’t be Biafra.
4. Fighting a war on selfish interests alone. The
war is doomed to fail from start.
5. Trying to leave a nation is an act of rebellion,
and will be treated as such. Let no one fool you.
It is causing friction in a country that is barely
managing to hold itself together.

Way forward:

1. Discuss, discuss and discuss till an acceptable
solution is reached. War is not the way.
2. Leave Italy refugee camps, leave South Africa,
leave Malaysia, leave the north where your shops
are burnt, families jailed and killed, destinies
truncated, where you insist on staying all in the
name of business and "ego".
You live to fight another day.
The Jews didn't build a formidable nation, Israel,
till they came home from different parts they have
been scattered to.

www-naij-com.0.freebasics.com/1110729-opinion-5-reasons-igbos-return-homeland-find-peace.html?iorg_service_id_internal=692981340802115">https://https-www-naij-com.0.freebasics.com/1110729-opinion-5-reasons-igbos-return-homeland-find-peace.html?iorg_service_id_internal=692981340802115%3BAfp9J5oICg5r4ReC
Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by nogetenemy: 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2017
Osinbanjo himself is not a yoruba person. He is Biafra
Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by victorvezx(m): 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2017
Stricker321:

Thank you.

That is their greatest fear.

Igboland is larger than SE and they know it.

Besides, when we leave, the SS will leave too so ultimately they lose.
The ones afraid is u. U are afraid of the fact that the 5 south east state is Biafra and u can do nothing about it, because the Nigerian government has the power and military to decimate u all if u even dare try to take any single territory in the South South. U fear because of the fact u will be landlocked with little resources. Lol, u are depending on the oil rich Igbo communities in the south south like in delta and port harcourt, which u will never get as long as the Nigerian government still exist

2 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by Generalyemi(m): 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
ProWalker:

No shaking, Yorubaland dey kampe!
Guess what? It is the ONLY region of Nigeria that enjoy both land and sea borders.
The ingredients to start off to make a successful nation is right there is good proportions

ya..but laziness is encrypted and encoded in their DNA.
Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by Eberex(m): 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
nobleblood:
Igbos are worst and over dominaring. Greedy at best with no clear coordinates. They mess up your environment all in the name of doing business. Am from akwa ibom. And have withness them close range. Anywhere they step to, [b]they want to overpower the indigenes sytematically and rule.[/b]will best be a slave to an Hausa man, than an Igbo.

Thank heavens they lost that war. Otherwise....

ode undecided Talking of Akwa ibom, i was transferred to work in your state in 2013 and i ended up staying there for a year. See who is talking? Almost all the business and ventures you have in your state, who owns them? Most of you people are very lazy and wicked to foreigners in your state. Haba! just two months i rented an apartment there in ikot ekpene, i was robbed of my laptop and phones on a sunday when i went to church. Your brothers jumped the fence and broke into my apartment to commit these acts. Reporting the case to the police was a waste of time because they cannot see themselves arresting an indigen just because an igbo man items got stolen.

Your people are very shallow and feeble minded. They are not exposed and always look for ways to hate those who come to help develop their state. Look at the bolded statement in your write up. Without the commercial activities of the igbo, hunger would kill you and your people. Lazy ass!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by 0b100100111: 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2017
MediumStout:

Why do u need a sea port in the east when we have a functional one in Lagos. Ship in your goods through our Apapa port and pay taxes to our government. No port needed in South East

Exactly!

They don't need a port

The few airports there should be demolished or converted to grazing fields for herdsmen

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Pays Amaechi A Visit (Photos) / Lady Compares Nigeria Under PDP And APC On Facebook / MASSOB Introduces, Passport, Currency, Vehicle & Drivers Licences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.