Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? (8170 Views)

Youths Beat Fake Pastor In Cross River, Burn His Church (Photos) / Alph Lukau: Meet The Richest Pastor In The World With Net Worth Of $1 Billion / NL Atheists, On What Basis Do You Define Right And Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Martinez19(m): 7:04pm On Jun 29, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Why don't ask the Holy Spirit for guidance? Why study the Bible like literature in English? Was God foolish enough to use Deborah in the Bible or Catherine Kumar? Was he foolish to use pastor Bimbo Odukoya of blessed memory. His he the author of confusion?
how do know that Catherine khulmann and odukoya are genuine? I am telling you what your holy book says and you are here refuting by looking at human practice. Deborah was not a teacher of the word. She was a prophet. Read before you comment.
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Amongst two of us who is circumventing?
You asked a question and you answered it yourself answer my own cos I asked mine first

I repeat again
Jman05 according to jws only 144000 men and women inclusive will go to heaven but the bible specifically says in revelation that this 144000 are those who had not being defiled by women and were virgins

So how do you explain women being among the 144000 when the bible clearly states that it is only Virgin men?

If women can be among the 144000 going to heaven according to your teaching then why do you think women can't preach in churches or be pastors?
Fuel don finish. Let him recharge his brain before commenting
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2017
Martinez19:
how do know that Catherine khulmann and odukoya are genuine? I am telling you what your holy book says and you are here refuting by looking at human practice. Deborah was not a teacher of the word. She was a prophet. Read before you comment.
They're real because I know by their fruits. I don't read Bible like literature as some you do. I study and ask the comforter for guidance. Yahweh wasn't foolish when he ordained those women. No wonder he said in his word in 1 Cor 1:27 says "But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;". He also said my ways aren't you ways, my thoughts are not your thoughts.
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:29pm On Jun 29, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The issue at hand is women ordination not church business. That some churches are into profit making doesn't mean all churches are in it. Women ordination is also see in orthodox church too

Last I checked, women ordination was a church business.
And who talked about women ordination.

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 29, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Last I checked, women ordination was a church business.
And who talked about women ordination.
Isn't what the title says?
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Martinez19(m): 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2017
asuustrike2009:

They're real because I know by their fruits. I don't read Bible like literature as some you do. I study and ask the comforter for guidance. Yahweh wasn't foolish when he ordained those women. No wonder he said in his word in 1 Cor 1:27 says "But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;". He also said my ways aren't you ways, my thoughts are not your thoughts.
What is wrong with you? Your bible says that women should not be teachers, read it nah, it's there. Deborah was not a teacher of the word but a prophet. A woman can display any spiritual gift but when it comes to teaching, they are not allowed to teach.

How is appointing a woman to teach, if permitted, foolish of this world when all are accepted before the christian god? Though I am not a worshipper of any religious god but I must point this fact in thy holy book.
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Martinez19(m): 8:13pm On Jun 29, 2017
Asuustrike2009, don't be deceived by outward appearance for people are not want you think they are?

Do you think pastor ea adeboye is genuine?
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:18pm On Jun 29, 2017
Martinez19:
What is wrong with you? Your bible says that women should not be teachers, read it nah, it's there. Deborah was not a teacher of the word but a prophet. A woman can display any spiritual gift but when it comes to teaching, they are not allowed to teach.

How is appointing a woman to teach, if permitted, foolish of this world when all are accepted before the christian god? Though I am not a worshipper of any religious god but I must point this fact in thy holy book.

You need to have the gift of the holy spirit to preach if women can get that gift why can't they preach?
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:20pm On Jun 29, 2017
Martinez19:
Asuustrike2009, don't be deceived by outward appearance for people are not want you think they are?

Who said anything about ea adeboye?
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 29, 2017
Martinez19:

You're only reading the Bible like literature that's all. Get wisdom, get understanding from the maker. Call on Yeshua to explain to you in details not assumptions. There's a big difference between a teacher and a pastor. If we are to go by what you said, women can teach but can't head a church. Teaching is one of the 5 parts of ministration. A pastor's job is gather the sheep, nurture them while a teacher is to teach and explains God's word. That's why most churches have Sunday school teachers in their respective churches. If you don't understand the scriptures, study more and ask the Holy Spirit to explain. Yeshua is the head of the church and he alone decides whom he wish to minister be it male or female. He has the final say in matters like this. Churches that discriminate based on what they study from the scriptures can as well stick to their doctrines and not imposing it on others. A church without the Holy Spirit is dead church. It's just a gathering of people for social activities
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:21pm On Jun 29, 2017
Martinez19:

Women can preaching right?
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 29, 2017
Martinez19:

He's genuine because I made inquiry in the spirit realm. He's highly anointed. I do underground cover in the spirit before bringing my assertion. I can beat my chest to say yes he's called by God and has being a blessing to many. I haven't met him in person but his humility speaks more. The last PFN biannual conference held in Benin city says it all. My crew were there to grace the occasion. Pastor Adeboye did say he would minister by 6a. m in the morning of which he kept to his word.
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 29, 2017
Martinez19:

You see why I said you read the Bible like literature or novel. It takes the spirit man to understand the things of the spirit that was why Yeshua spoke in parables to his disciples
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Martinez19(m): 9:06pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Women can preaching right?
she can preach to unbelievers but in a church gathering, she can't teach.
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Martinez19(m): 9:09pm On Jun 29, 2017
asuustrike2009:

He's genuine because I made inquiry in the spirit realm. He's highly anointed. I do underground cover in the spirit before bringing my assertion. I can beat my chest to say yes he's called by God and has being a blessing to many. I haven't met him in person but his humility speaks more. The last PFN biannual conference held in Benin city says it all. My crew were there to grace the occasion. Pastor Adeboye did say he would minister by 6a. m in the morning of which he kept to his word.
Smh. Adeboye is a business man, a deceptive one, masquerading as a clergy. If can't figure out adeboye, then I can't trust you on others. Your so called enquiry into the spirit realm is laughable.

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Martinez19(m): 9:11pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

You need to have the gift of the holy spirit to preach if women can get that gift why can't they preach?
1 corinthians 14 :34-35, 1 corinthians 14 :37-38

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 29, 2017
Martinez19:
Smh. Adeboye is a business man, a deceptive one, masquerading as a clergy. If can't figure out adeboye, then I can't trust you on others. Your so called enquiry into the spirit realm is laughable.
You're talking from outside while am taking from inside. You work with sight while I work with vision. You work with facts while I work with truth because a fact can be disguised as truth. You work with hearsay while I investigate well. Adeboye can't be everywhere hence he wouldn't know what goes around RCCG worldwide. Why because he's flesh like you and I. The truth still remains that Yahweh is still with Adeboye
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Martinez19(m): 9:48pm On Jun 29, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You're talking from outside while am taking from inside. You work with sight while I work with vision. You work with facts while I work with truth because a fact can be disguised as truth. You work with hearsay while I investigate well. Adeboye can't be everywhere hence he wouldn't know what goes around RCCG worldwide. Why because he's flesh like you and I. The truth still remains that Yahweh is still with Adeboye
I am not talking of what happens in rccg. I am talking about Adeboye himself. That man is a conman. I laugh at your so called spiritual deferment. It is you who don't know the truth.
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 29, 2017
Martinez19:
I am not talking of what happens in rccg. I am talking about Adeboye himself. That man is a conman. I laugh at your so called spiritual deferment. It is you who don't know the truth.
Have you had one on one encounter with him ?
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Martinez19(m): 10:09pm On Jun 29, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Have you had one on one encounter with him ?
No, do your research on YouTube and read the news. You will be shocked. I am not after the defamation of any man but if defamation means telling the truth then so be it. Search pastor ea adeboye exposed on YouTube and you will see two lengthy videos. Watch them and be shocked.
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by true2god: 4:55am On Jun 30, 2017
Martinez19:
If she can't preach in a church, can you show me a bible verse that says a woman can preach to unbelievers only but not believers?
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Martinez19(m): 5:24am On Jun 30, 2017
true2god:
If she can't preach in a church, can you show me a bible verse that says a woman can preach to unbelievers only but not believers?
the only place a woman is prohibited from speaking in the Bible is in the gathering of the church apart from that, she can speak.
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by MuttleyLaff: 7:12am On Jun 30, 2017
JMAN05:
A pastor is a Shepherd, and women are not reckoned as such in the bible
Jacob was still talking with them when Rachel arrived with her father's flock, for she was a shepherd
- Genesis 29:9

Tell me, you whom I love, where you graze your flock and where you rest your sheep at midday.
Why should I be like a veiled woman beside the flocks of your friends?

- Song of Solomon 1:7

Rachel in Genesis 29:9 and the young Shulammite bride in Song of Solomon 1:7 are just two examples of women out of others known as or to be shepherd(ess) in the bible

JMAN05:
so why do some churches have female pastors
When with due care & attention you read 1 Tim 2:11-12 in conjunction with 1 Tim 2:13-15 you'll see and find that this is a needless worry and sounding an unfounded alarm about female pastors

JMAN05:
Does it mean that they don't read the bible?
and what's in there to read in the bible bro?

JMAN05:
1 Tim 2:11-12
So?

Again, with due care & attention, read 1 Tim 2:11-12 in conjunction with 1 Tim 2:13-15 you'll get the proper gist

If you know what is right from what is wrong
but I someone tells you to do a wrong thing
and you succumb to doing it though you know it is wrong
then you've allowed that someone to TEACH OVER you notwithstanding that you already knew it is going to be a wrong thing to do

You in essence allowed that someone to TEACH OVER or EXERCISE AUTHORITY OVER you and influence you to do a wrong thing

The key words in 1 Tim 2:11-12, are ''not TEACH OVER'' as opposed to ''not TEACH''
(i.e. talked about ''TEACH OVER'' and not ''TEACH'')

Adam didnt have any trouble telling his left from his right
His problem was timing. Wrong timing and wrong cue
He took a wrong cue from the ''woman''

As if like a de javu, the same ''woman'' comes back on the scene, reappeared in John 2:3-5, timing still not perfect, yet still giving Jesus a right cue
and further teaching the servants what to do

David, in 1 Samuel 25 learned so much from another woman
She was so good, that at the earliest chance, he didnt hesistate to seize the opportunity of marriage to make her his wife

Instead of a woman teaching over a man in matters he knows is wrong
or assuming authority over a man in things that are wrong, she is expected to be quiet
Quietness there implies have the inner tranquility that supports whatever is the right correct and appropriate good action at hand

Be quiet on crap, dont do crap, dont teach crap

Talking over someone is considered rude enough, talkless teach over someone

Women ought to ''TEACH'' right and not to ''TEACH OVER'' right

Read 1 Corinthians 16:19
Now compare 1 Corinthians 16:19 with Acts 18:26
Do you notice anything fascinating, as regards name order and positioning switch in regards to what happened in Acts 18:26?
I wonder what it is, if that isnt a woman teaching a man

Pastor is meant to be a verb anyway, not a noun
Jesus is the only noun Pastor, everyone else are just verb pastors

JMAN05:
Cc: Lalasticlala
Ew! Eurgh!! Thumbs down!!!
Plugging posts publicly with moderators' name in order to promote it
and trying to get it to front page is a real total turn off
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:06am On Jun 30, 2017
Martinez19:
1 corinthians 14 :34-35, 1 corinthians 14 :37-38

Galatians 3: 26-29.
26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Where the spirit of God is there is freedom. I don't remember anywhere in the bible where it said it is a sin for women to preach or teach the word of God in churches

show me a passage that says that women preaching in churches is a sin.
Where does it say that women preachers where not submissive to or under the authority of their husbands

From your own view is speaking in the church is wrong the it is wrong for women to prophesy or speak in tongues.
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:11am On Jun 30, 2017
Martinez19:

What is the difference between preaching and teaching?
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Martinez19(m): 8:46am On Jun 30, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

What is the difference between preaching and teaching?
teaching means explaining and enlightening the minds of believer on the word. This a woman can't do in a church gathering but outside the church gathering, she is free to talk.
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:01am On Jun 30, 2017
Martinez19:
teaching means explaining and enlightening the minds of believer on the word. This a woman can't do in a church gathering but outside the church gathering, she is free to talk.
What does preaching mean
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Martinez19(m): 9:10am On Jun 30, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Galatians 3: 26-29.
26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Where the spirit of God is there is freedom. I don't remember anywhere in the bible where it said it is a sin for women to preach or teach the word of God in churches

show me a passage that says that women preaching in churches is a sin.
Where does it say that women preachers where not submissive to or under the authority of their husbands

From your own view is speaking in the church is wrong the it is wrong for women to prophesy or speak in tongues.
if there is neither male nor female, why did Paul say suffer not a woman to teach? Paul goes on to say if anyone disregard his writings, we should pay no attention to him. This is mere contradiction on the part of the holy book which, in my opinion, is bunk. Not a christian though.
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Martinez19(m): 9:14am On Jun 30, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

What does preaching mean
preaching may encompass teaching and is more than teaching of the word. Please, stop wasting my time and get this, women are not permitted to teach in A CHURCH GATHERING but outside that, they can do as they o. There is a difference between inside a church gathering and outside a church gathering.
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:17am On Jun 30, 2017
Martinez19:
preaching may encompass teaching and is more than teaching of the word. Please, stop wasting my time and get this, women are not permitted to teach in A CHURCH GATHERING but outside that, they can do as they o. There is a difference between inside a church gathering and outside a church gathering.

So where is it a sin for a woman to teach or preach in a church in the bible?
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:18am On Jun 30, 2017
Martinez19:

That means a woman can preach right away woman can do more than teaching in the church right?
Re: On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:20am On Jun 30, 2017
Martinez19:
if there is neither male nor female, why did Paul say suffer not a woman to teach? Paul goes on to say if anyone disregard his writings, we should pay no attention to him. This is mere contradiction on the part of the holy book which, in my opinion, is bunk. Not a christian though.

Oga there is neither male nor female in the body of Christ everyone is equal in the body of Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . / The Biggest Church In Nigeria, Some Say, Mfm, Redeem,cele Etc, So Tell Niger / A Picture Of OBJ And Pa Oshoffa In The 70's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.