Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help (31654 Views)

Threatened By A Snake, Warned By My Dogs / Dog Dies After Intercepting A Snake & Saving A Child (photos) / A Nairalander's Dog, 'Ramsey' Kills A Snake (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by LastSurvivor11: 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
Kpeme, sniper insecticide once killed my two dogs and I was unable to do anything..

I know the feeling..
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by cristianisraeli: 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
DLuciano:
sorry prof, I apologize on his behalf, but your response was too harsh

do not apologize..hes the one that needs to apologize..damn!!!
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by Randy100: 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
You said it all my brother.
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Kill the dog and eat.

Before it dies by itself...that way you'd feel less guilty and you'd always have a part of the dog in you.
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by klassykute(m): 8:42pm On Jun 19, 2017
Addicted2Women:

What made him attack an innocent snake ??

Let this be a warning to other dogs, don't take him to the vet
heheheh savage

3 Likes

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by cristianisraeli: 8:42pm On Jun 19, 2017
DieBuhari:
Is it everything you guys will bring to Nairaland?
Ain't there no veterinary Doctors in your Area?
Imagine what you would have done with the time you used in creating this thread.
If that dog dies, it's blood is on your head.

stop talking like ur not a nigerian..do u know the breed of the dog..lets not pretend online..we know the only dogs we take to vet are foreign breeds...true or false?

2 Likes

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by Oyindidi(f): 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
durentchigozie:
Human being never see food chop. Na dog b did one wahala

Cc: my calabar brothas and sistas.
na only food dey your mind.

3 Likes

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by DieBuhari: 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
cristianisraeli:

stop talking like ur not a nigerian..do u know the breed of the dog..lets not pretend online..we know the only dogs we take to vet are foreign breeds...true or false?
False

1 Like

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by excanny: 8:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
I think you should sell the dog for pepper soup before it dies.
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by rayparker(m): 8:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
Use the draw liquid from snail to wash the eyes down
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by BomboyOnline: 8:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
balanceofterror1:
Snakes don't die without a fight. It is possible the snake poured its venom into the dog's eyes. Contact a vet doctor asap and make sure the dog don't bite any body in that condition.

What will happen if it does?
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by cristianisraeli: 8:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
DieBuhari:

False

u take ur local bingo dogs to the vet abi..its always easy to say take the dog to the vet...money nkona free..continue we know which one is false
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
Oyindidi:
na only food dey your mind.
keep following around like I'm the one responsible for your pregnancy. Ode
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by executioner27: 8:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
Scrooge:

Why don't you look up the definition of the word antivenin before responding ignorantly? Antivenin or Antivenene is a biological product (antiserum) used in the treatment of venomous bites. It contains antibodies against specific poisons especially those in the venom of snakes.

To make it easy to understand, It's me saying to the op, "give your dog Panadol", and you replying "Paracetamol you mean".

Ignorant!

That wasn't necessary. Him that even asked would have just continued with a solution than asking. Or you would have laid it out simply. Me too thought you meant antivenin until you schooled me. Not sure I would want to be in your class as one of your students.

1 Like

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by CARBONY500: 8:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
Know what to look for if you suspect your pet is bitten by a snake: Sudden yelp of pain, especially if your dog is playing in a potentially infested area Rapid swelling on the legs or face Apparent, intense pain Fang/puncture marks Oozing blood at puncture Drooling Rapid breathing Dilated pupils Pale gums Weakness Collapse Treating a Rattlesnake Bite on a Dog Stay calm. If possible, identify the kind of snake responsible for the bite. Restrict your dog’s activity — this will reduce the effect
of the venom. Seek immediate veterinary treatment. Your vet can determine the amount of toxicity injected by the reaction of your dog and/or blood tests. If a veterinarian is not immediately available: Administer diphenhydramine, an antihistamine such as Benadryl, to reduce the allergic reaction from the snake bite. If the bite was to the throat, temporary airway support may be necessary. Medication for pain should be administered. Medication for infection will be necessary. Seek professional medical treatment as soon as possible.
Recovery will depend on response time and treatment. Most dogs survive crotalidae bites with few if any complications. DO NOT use a tourniquet. Restricting the blood flow may cause serious tissue damage. DO NOT cut an “X” and attempt to suck the venom out. Human saliva contains bacteria that can create a greater infection. Remember, your dog is suffering and may be in shock. Even the most docile dog can bite out of fear and pain. Protect yourself and your pet from additional harm.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
DieBuhari:
Imagine what you would have done with the time you used in creating this thread.
Nigerians are so weird grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by Oyindidi(f): 8:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
durentchigozie:
I didn't know it's you, sorry gayBriel
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
mix alomo bitters with gun powder and let the dog drink it. that's all !!!

1 Like

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by 0b100100111: 8:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
Go and buy pepper-soup ingredients!

A feast is about to happen!

We might have to devour the dog

Inbox me your address when it dies!
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by phranq(m): 8:50pm On Jun 19, 2017
Scrooge:

Why don't you look up the definition of the word antivenin before responding ignorantly? Antivenin or Antivenene is a biological product (antiserum) used in the treatment of venomous bites. It contains antibodies against specific poisons especially those in the venom of snakes.

To make it easy to understand, It's me saying to the op, "give your dog Panadol", and you replying "Paracetamol you mean".

Bro, you're easily offended and you can't be a.teacher because you don't have the patience....... no offence intended.....bat you just spoilt your earlier nice response and advice to OP.

Ignorant!
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by phranq(m): 8:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
Scrooge:

Ignorant!

Bro, you're easily offended and you can't be a.teacher because you don't have the patience....... no offence intended.....bat you just spoilt your earlier nice response and advice to OP.

1 Like

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by darkckUSA: 8:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Kill the dog and eat.

Before it dies by itself...that way you'd feel less guilty and you'd always have a part of the dog in you.

Gawd! Lol!
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by 0b100100111: 8:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
DieBuhari:

With these your reasoning and manner of composition, I don't need to be told which part of the country you come from.

Very dull, lame and reverse sense of judgement.

1 Like

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by NovusHomo(m): 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2017
Scrooge:

Ignorant!

Gbam! Illiterate on the loose.
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by darkckUSA: 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2017
soberdrunk:
See brave dog!!! My former dog, ordinary lizard he don take off, if them do mistake shhot banger, you will not see the dog for at least 12 hours, the only talent the dog get nah 'destruction of slippers', OP abeg rush take that dog to the vet because brave dogs like this deserve quality care........ angry angry

Lol!

3 Likes

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
Addicted2Women:

your reply had me laughing like a jackal

1 Like

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by darkckUSA: 8:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
durentchigozie:
cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by onlyTheTruth(m): 8:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
1.. identify d snake typ, cuz its important, so dat d vet wil kno wot typ of antivenom to administer..

2... observe d dog wel wel wel, fa swollen parts. if only d eyes, maybe its a spitting cobra. jus water can b used as first aid, befor getting to d vet.
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by NovusHomo(m): 8:57pm On Jun 19, 2017
GURION:

Easy bro. He probably thought it was autocorrect error from ur phone, and wanted to clarify for other peoples benefit.

Ur response would have been wonderful if u had simply educated him without using harsh words.

I also just learnt of antivenin from you right now.....same as many others too.

So how did you know what he was thinking?
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by thunderbabs: 8:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
If i see a pishure of ur dog ryt nw, i will able to diagnose and give prescription.

Buh u only posted pishure of the dead snake,, where is d damn dog, Op?

In d mean tym, give ur dog 1litre of red palm oil, using straw undecided
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by Goalnaldo(m): 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
Addicted2Women:

another senseless question,what if the snake was heading to his masters bedroom?
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 19, 2017
shurlar50:
I woke up this afternoon just to see a dead black snake in our compound. I sensed my dog must have killed it because the snake was bitten into two.

The problem now is that i went to examine to examine my dog, incase there was a snake bite. I havent found any bite marks but its two eyes are swollen and it keeps licking a particular foot.

Please I need a recommendation on what first aid treatment or emergency drug I can buy as soon as possible
If its two eyes are swollen and it licks a particular foot that's a sure sign it was bitten and the poison already taking effect.
hurry to the vets b4 u lose ur dog.
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by joinnow: 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
which one is your dog here shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is This Reptile Called In English? (Photo) / Beautiful Pictures From KCR Dog Walk 2022 In Port Harcourt / Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.