Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words (3901 Views)

Is It Good For Parent To Always Check Their Children's Phone? / Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? / Is It Proper For Parent to Keep Stock Of Child's School Fees Receipt? (2) (3) (4)

Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by angelila: 10:28am On Jan 25, 2010
I Learnt that it is not Good for parent to use abusive word or curse their children because it might have a negative on the child in the nearest future. but some parent to abuse their children but the child still grew up to be great and fullied so what are your opinions
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by AYOANU: 11:14am On Jan 25, 2010
it is not right for parents to use abusive words on their children.

it may affect some while it may not affect some.

but who can curse the man that Jesus has blessed nobody

parents should try as much as possible to pray for their children instead of cursing them.

Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by MissIfe(f): 11:25am On Jan 25, 2010
I agree, some might turn out nice but that doesn't mean all will, I believe it is important to avoid all kinds of violence or negativity when raising a child: abusive words, threats, physical violence, fear etc. Of course, that being said, no one is perfect and we can all say words that we'd regret later when angry or under pressure, especially if that's the way our own parents raised us.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Fhemmmy: 3:54pm On Jan 25, 2010
It is the most terrible thing any parent could ever do . . . . always have a way to come back and bite them in the rear.
Besides, there is power in the word spoken.

Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by iice(f): 5:14pm On Jan 25, 2010
Na. Can't say people even are that attentive to the reactions of people.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by coolier(f): 5:25pm On Jan 25, 2010
No.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Sissy3(f): 7:53am On Jan 26, 2010
while some parents may see it as a harmless act or just a thing of the moment for many children it does directly/indirectly affect their self esteem especially through the teenage years particularly when used repetitively.

Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by idifu(m): 2:23pm On Jan 26, 2010
no
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 26, 2010
Nope,
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Rooneyboy(m): 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2010
That is their business , if they want to use abusive words or not. It doesnt affect me .
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Profkenny1(m): 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2010
It's the most irrational thing for parents to use abusive words on their children and whether they like it or not they will reap the words spoken into the lives of their children!
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Bukittes(f): 2:40pm On Jan 26, 2010
You know sometimes nairalanders post some topics they already know the answer to. Why do we keep doing this now?
@ Poster, u said u learnt, haba, even a toddler knows this now, find a more challenging topic that will help everyone and not these kind of nursery questions we ask here. Abeg, we need to grow up.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by ayettymama(f): 2:51pm On Jan 26, 2010
definitely not

i mean where im from

rains of abuse is not uncommon

but theres certain words

i believe you should never call your child

like stupid, or slow, or a b.a.s.t.a.rd

neva neva neva!!

instead say naughty, or animal names like stubborn goat! grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by milkan05(m): 2:58pm On Jan 26, 2010
hell no!!!
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Remen: 3:18pm On Jan 26, 2010
They shouldnt cos its not d right way of bringing up a child. As 4 me its better u flog me than u abuse me,
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by aieromon(m): 3:24pm On Jan 26, 2010
The issue should not be whether it has a direct relationship with the outcome of the child's upbringing because it doesn't.
A child will turn out good/bad regardless of whatever form of abuse he receives.
However,it is the responsibity of the parent to shield the child from all forms of internal/external abuse.Achieve that and leave the rest for God.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by DoubleN(m): 3:29pm On Jan 26, 2010
Not good at all because a curse from a parent will definitely affect a child in future.So Parents instead of cursing please bless them.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by slap1(m): 3:46pm On Jan 26, 2010
One thing i've observed is that kids whose parents use abusive words grow up to do the same.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by pauloch(m): 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2010
Common sensically, what is good about ABUSE? Such a parent should call the erring child and advise him or her accordingly. They should know that the tongue can be used to bless and equally curse. If you are a parent, go and reverse the Curse or Abuse.

Pauloch.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by MsTom(f): 3:53pm On Jan 26, 2010
No matter what, Never!!!
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by mamagee3(f): 3:53pm On Jan 26, 2010
Parents should never use abusive words on their children
They can correct them without abusing them.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by bettes(f): 4:01pm On Jan 26, 2010
Never!!
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by eldee(m): 4:05pm On Jan 26, 2010
~Sissy~:

while some parents may see it as a harmless act or just a thing of the moment for many children it does directly/indirectly affect their self esteem especially through the teenage years particularly when used repetitively.

Exactly.

It also makes them unable to express themselves amongst their peers in a sociable manner.
They find it hard to express slight displeasure without resorting to heavily abusive words.

It's so much better to talk to them and express what you think about their actions in clear words so they don't pick up socially repugnant habits.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by egift(m): 4:11pm On Jan 26, 2010
Most parents are only such because they got old, got pregnant or impregnated someone. Many are not mature enough for it or even have qualities to be one.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Abekeade08(f): 4:45pm On Jan 26, 2010
Parents should never ever abuse children. BIG NO NO. When children are young, they are very impressionable to the point that they start believing all of the abuses rained on them. This can later affect the child in a negative way when he/she grows older.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by otukpo(f): 4:49pm On Jan 26, 2010
Nope.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by DOAweb(m): 4:53pm On Jan 26, 2010
slap1:

One thing i've observed is that kids whose parents use abusive words grow up to do the same.

Not necessarily, but it is a contributory factor though as it eats deep into the fragment of emotions.   sad
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Phony200(m): 5:10pm On Jan 26, 2010
No. Absolutely not.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by ayo84(m): 5:32pm On Jan 26, 2010
nope, you shuldnt , you'd be suprised that your kids wud just end up what you actually call them
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by koolchicco: 5:32pm On Jan 26, 2010
A big Fat NO!!
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Moyola(f): 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2010
Good parents shouldnt!
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:41pm On Jan 26, 2010
Is there a parenting manual somewhere?

A Lesser Evil: A Wife Who Can't Cook Or A Wife Who Can't Manage The Home / Who,s Suppose To Take Care Of My Newbaby, My Mother Or My Wife Mother? / Being The First Child In Your Family