Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. (2171 Views)

Why Did Bible Say We Are gods? / Why Are Gods So Powerless Nowadays? / There Are Gods, Yes, Many Of Them AND There Is An Almighty Creator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by Nobody: 1:25am On Jun 20, 2017
Well, you may be wondering about the topic and thread I just created. I will explain the fact to you and then leave you to think about it and say your own view.
While reading The Holy Bible(AKJV)this morning, I came across 1Corinthians 11:7 : For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and the glory of God: but the woman is the glory of man.
In the above scripture, Paul was advising Corinthians about head covering. He was simply saying that men only were the ones who were created in the image and likeness of God. So, men are gods, women are mere creatures with men's glory.
I rest my case.
It should be known that Paul never married. This scripture in the Word of God alone has confirmed the maltreatment of women to be right. However, here is my advice "We should not follow the words of Paul, but the Words of Jesus.
Thanks for your time.
WOMAN, GOD LOVES YOU. PAUL IS A LIAR.
PEACE!
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by gabinogem(m): 1:32am On Jun 20, 2017
cheesy OP u funny. Why blaspheme & call Paul a liar; did Jesus Marry?
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by Nobody: 1:41am On Jun 20, 2017
gabinogem:
Jesus never down graded and abhorred and ignore women like how Paul did in the Bible
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 20, 2017
Brother,
I really don't understand the war waged against one of God's greatest messengers?
That says a lot about the God-given power this follower of Christ possessed...
One thing's for sure....Paul's salvation is set....
He will live eternally.....
Now the question remains: how about us?

1 Like

Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by gabinogem(m): 2:09am On Jun 20, 2017
praisejoshua:

Jesus never down graded and abhorred and ignore women like how Paul did in the Bible
He had his spiritual reasons why he did & said those things in the Bible, which u need to respect.
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by Nobody: 2:25am On Jun 20, 2017
Ngo40:
Brother,
I really don't understand the war waged against one of God's greatest messengers?
That says a lot about the God-given power this follower of Christ possessed...
One thing's for sure....Paul's salvation is set....
He will live eternally.....
Now the question remains: how about us?

How sure you are that Paul is saved and he will live eternally! I laugh at your defence of Paul. Hmmm... You see, let me tell you something: I am a very philosophical and experimental person. That is, I make sure I know the fact of a case before judging. Yes. I have read and read and read and lady, I tell you this: there are many falsehoods in Paul's teachings and in the Bible! Abba! Paul never supported freedom of women!
He advised that women should be 'subjects' to their husbands. Now, that means women should always accept when their husbands are kicking and punching them about like assholes!

Another reason I boldly accused Paul of falsehood is that he is fond of misquoting and twisting the scriptures. To proof it, read Ephesians 4:8 and Psam 68:18. Now, compare the both scriptures. How do they relate?!
In Paul's quotation, Jesus instead of God, was giving gifts. In the second original quotation which is psalms, God, not Jesus, was receiving gifts of thanksgiving. Do they relate?! Chai! Lady, I can't be deceived.
Search the scriptures and refute every chaff and falsities.
And for your last question about if our salvation is set, and if we would live eternally, Let me tell you this, God knows all. He is the All- Knowing God. We should serve HIM ALONE with all our hearts. Our reward is with Him. You do not need to fear or grieve. He loves you, He loves me, He loves us.
My advise: Search and seek out the truth yourself. Your queations are welcomed. And, I am done with eating Paul's bread. He is just a Liar. There are lots of evidence to that dear.
PEACE!
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by Nobody: 2:33am On Jun 20, 2017
gabinogem:
He had his spiritual reasons why he did & said those things in the Bible, which u need to respect.

Am I a newbie to the Gospels? Now what spiritual reasons are you talking about? Which of them are you respecting?

Was Jesus ever a Bishop? He said, "He that want to be the greatest should be a servant to all" Yet Paul came and became a master coaxing people to accept his doctrines! Was he following the teachings of him who is called master, father, yet he advised people not to call him master, or call anyone Father(Daddy)" For there is only one Father which is our heavenly Father"
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by gabinogem(m): 3:23am On Jun 20, 2017
praisejoshua:

Am I a newbie to the Gospels? Now what spiritual reasons are you talking about? Which of them are you respecting?

Was Jesus ever a Bishop? He said, "He that want to be the greatest should be a servant to all" Yet Paul came and became a master coaxing people to accept his doctrines! Was he following the teachings of him who is called master, father, yet he advised people not to call him master, or call anyone Father(Daddy)" For there is only one Father which is our heavenly Father"
I respect all the spiritual teachings by apostle Paul. EOD.
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by felixomor: 3:45am On Jun 20, 2017
Op,
Read your bible very well before posting errors.

Galatians 3:27 - For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Galatians 3:28 - There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus

Shalom!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by Amberon11: 3:57am On Jun 20, 2017
False doctrine
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by egorov(m): 7:13am On Jun 20, 2017
What made satan decide to tempt Eve and not Adam, because he knew Adam will never fall. He knew he was d image of God and the spirit of God was upon him.
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by bid4rich(m): 7:42am On Jun 20, 2017
Hmmm. this is debatable, lets discuss it further by joining our facebook page "Born to Win by THE WORD; Matt. 6:33" and invite your friends. ONLY for believers pls. God bless
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 20, 2017
praisejoshua:

Paul never stopped anyone from marrying, intact he said, if you cannot hold your body then take a wife
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 20, 2017
felixomor:
Op,
Read your bible very well before posting errors.

Galatians 3:27 - For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Galatians 3:28 - There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus

Shalom!
Point out the errors I posted

Nice quotations.
However, Yes we are all one in 'Anointed Jesus'.
Christ comes from the Greek word 'Christos' meaning annointed or Chosen One. That means, we are all ONE in an ANNOINTED MAN. JUST MAN THAT WAS CHOSEN BY THE 'I AM THAT I AM'
So, we no longer have the image of God but Christ.
For example, we can also be one in our pastors, bishops, prophets. Isn't it?
Or lets take the example of a Muslim saying, "We all all one in Prophet Muhammad." My brothers and sisters in God, Jesus was Chosen and annointed by God to come to the world and proclaim His warnings. He was sent. So, He is not God, neither is He Begotten of God.
WE ARE ALL ONE IN GOD NOT IN A MAN.(I say this with utmost respect)
PEACE!
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by felixomor: 9:34am On Jun 20, 2017
praisejoshua:

Point out the errors I posted

Nice quotations.
However, Yes we are all one in 'Anointed Jesus'.
Christ comes from the Greek word 'Christos' meaning annointed or Chosen One. That means, we are all ONE in an ANNOINTED MAN. JUST MAN THAT WAS CHOSEN BY THE 'I AM THAT I AM'
So, we no longer have the image of God but Christ.
For example, we can also be one in our pastors, bishops, prophets. Isn't it?
Or lets take the example of a Muslim saying, "We all all one in Prophet Muhammad." My brothers and sisters in God, Jesus was Chosen and annointed by God to come to the world and proclaim His warnings. He was sent. So, He is not God, neither is He Begotten of God.
WE ARE ALL ONE IN GOD NOT IN A MAN.(I say this with utmost respect)
PEACE!

Please what are u saying?
"We are all one in a pastor"?

Are u sure u Believe the bible?
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 20, 2017
felixomor:

Please what are u saying? "We are all one in a pastor"?
Are u sure u Believe the bible?
Then, Compare Jesus and a pastor or prophet. Can we be one in a man? Read your Bible and also read my posts carefully before posting. Jesus called himself "Son Of Man" We call Him Son Of God. How come is he now the Son of God? Please, lets be reasonable and make use of our brains for once. PEACE
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by tijjanioyan: 10:01am On Jun 20, 2017
gabinogem:
1Tim 2:11-12,1cor14:34-37
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by felixomor: 10:04am On Jun 20, 2017
praisejoshua:

Then, Compare Jesus and a pastor or prophet.
Can we be one in a man?
Read your Bible and also read my posts carefully before posting.
Jesus called himself "Son Of Man"
We call Him Son Of God.
How come is he now the Son of God?
Please, lets be reasonable and make use of our brains for once.
PEACE

Isa 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Please interprete the meaning of the bolded in this scripture above.

You dont know the bible,
No wonder u posted this false nonsense doctrine.

1 Like

Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 20, 2017
felixomor:

Isa 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Please interprete the meaning of the bolded in this scripture above.

You dont know the bible,
No wonder u posted this false nonsense doctrine.

Then, you are telling me that Jesus is a mighty God, Everlasting Father.

That means we have two heavenly fathers
1- God
2. Jesus

But Jesus said that God is our Heavenly Father, Him alone we should fear and worship.
Simple! So, there is nothing in that Isaiah 9:6 that is talking about Jesus!

How then can we have two fathers at thesame time?
Is it possible?
Is it possible for us to believe in two GODS and serve the both of them?
Remember, Jesus once said , "Ye can not serve two masters... you would love one and hate the other."
We should only see God as The mighty God.
The Jews have corrupted the scriptures.
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by felixomor: 11:07am On Jun 20, 2017
praisejoshua:

Then, you are telling me that Jesus is a mighty God, Everlasting Father.

That means we have two heavenly fathers
1- God
2. Jesus

But Jesus said that God is our Heavenly Father, Him alone we should fear and worship.
Simple! So, there is nothing in that Isaiah 9:6 that is talking about Jesus!

How then can we have two fathers at thesame time?
Is it possible?
Is it possible for us to believe in two GODS and serve the both of them?
Remember, Jesus once said , "Ye can not serve two masters... you would love one and hate the other."
We should only see God as The mighty God.
The Jews have corrupted the scriptures.
I m glad you were not able to explain that scripture.
It confirms what I have been suspecting.

So you are not even a Christian,
And u want to explain bible ba?
No wonder u even claimed jews have corrupted scripture.

And to tell u how low your "son of man" argument is;
If Jesus came out from the Holy spirit into Mary's womb, please what does that make Jesus?

Please, if you are not a Christian, there is no need mixing things up.
Go and explain other things.

2 Likes

Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 20, 2017
felixomor:

I m glad you were not able to explain that scripture.
It confirms what I have been suspecting.

So you are not even a Christian,
And u want to explain bible ba?
No wonder u even claimed jews have corrupted scripture.

And to tell u how low your "son of man" argument is;
If Jesus came out from the Holy spirit into Mary's womb, please what does that make Jesus?

Please, if you are not a Christian, there is no need mixing things up.
Go and explain other things.

Am a Christian for your info. I am from a pastoral family. My dad is a genuine pastor while my mum is a prophetess. I have explained the scripture but you seem to have low understanding of all my posts.
They are all unbeatable facts. Do yor findings, please.
SHALLOM! (Peace)
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by gabinogem(m): 12:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
tijjanioyan:
1Tim 2:11-12,1cor14:34-37
1cor 14:40, 1Tim 2:13-15
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by Nobody: 2:23am On Jun 22, 2017
bid4rich:
Hmmm. this is debatable, lets discuss it further by joining our facebook page "Born to Win by THE WORD; Matt. 6:33" and invite your friends. ONLY for believers pls. God bless

Also join our official website : [SEEKTHETRUTH.xobor.com]
Invite your family and friends also.
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by Ioseph(m): 3:44am On Jun 22, 2017
praisejoshua:
Well, you may be wondering about the topic and thread I just created. I will explain the fact to you and then leave you to think about it and say your own view.
While reading The Holy Bible(AKJV)this morning, I came across 1Corinthians 11:7 : For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and the glory of God: but the woman is the glory of man.
In the above scripture, Paul was advising Corinthians about head covering. He was simply saying that men only were the ones who were created in the image and likeness of God. So, men are gods, women are mere creatures with men's glory.
I rest my case.
It should be known that Paul never married. This scripture in the Word of God alone has confirmed the maltreatment of women to be right. However, here is my advice "We should not follow the words of Paul, but the Words of Jesus.
Thanks for your time.
PEACE!

Or god doesn't exist and Christians are woman-hating sexist cavemen?
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 22, 2017
All I see his a man angry with Apostle Paul's teachings, because of woman. You don't have to be and next time please don't make use of your brain (derailed wisdom/knowledge), make use of the Spirit of God. Your mum is a prophetess, you probably must have been trashing out Apostle Paul's teaching just to make her feel comfortable and acceptable, it's not compulsory she climbed the Altar to fill Fulfilled, she can use her gift anywhere she is for the kingdom course. And get this right, we ain't one with your pastor, we are only one with Christ, who is one with God, who is all in all. Jesus said I'm in the Father and the Father is in me, this makes them one. But the Father is greater than the Son. Don’t forget the psalmist said "The LORD said to my Lord sit at my right hand... ", so He's not just anyone use by God like your pastor dad, He's God, the Son of the Almighty God, the Author and the finisher of our Faith.
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 22, 2017
angry
Frederick7:
All I see his a man angry with Apostle Paul's teachings, because of woman. You don't have to be and next time please don't make use of your brain (derailed wisdom/knowledge), make use of the Spirit of God. Your mum is a prophetess, you probably must have been trashing out Apostle Paul's teaching just to make her feel comfortable and acceptable, it's not compulsory she climbed the Altar to fill Fulfilled, she can use her gift anywhere she is for the kingdom course. And get this right, we ain't one with your pastor, we are only one with Christ, who is one with God, who is all in all. Jesus said I'm in the Father and the Father is in me, this makes them one. But the Father is greater than the Son. Don’t forget the psalmist said "The LORD said to my Lord sit at my right hand... ", so He's not just anyone use by God like your pastor dad, He's God, the Son of the Almighty God, the Author and the finisher of our Faith.

Don't you have common sense? Can't you think right for once? >:

I never said we are one in a pastor.
I was only asking a question rhetorically. And mind the way you talk about my parents. Nonsense!

Read the posts well before commenting rubbish! angry
Frederick7:

Don't you have common sense? Can't you think right for once?

I never said we are one in a pastor.
I was only asking a question rhetorically. And mind the way you talk about my parents. Nonsense!

Read the posts well before commenting rubbish!
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by luvmijeje(f): 11:21am On Jun 22, 2017
OP, I'll leave you with Apostle Paul advice in the same book of 1st Cor 11:16
But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
It was their tradition. It was their doctrine. Every Church have their own doctrine but the Church must ensure the docrine of men doesn't override the word of God.

The advice of Apostle Paul came when the church in corinthians was in crisis. The early church were having issues incorporating their belief, their tradition in their service to God.

Ist corinthians 11:18

18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

I'll give an instance. I attend Baptist Church and it's rare for you to see people speaking in tongue on the altar and my Pastor told us it became a docrine during the 80's when there was proliferation of white garment church and we know how some of them were abusing it.

The docrine was raised to stop an abuse but as individuals we must ensure our doctrine is not stopping the move of the only spirit. We must learn to differentiate between doctrine and the commandments of God.
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 22, 2017
luvmijeje:
But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
It was their tradition. It was their doctrine. Every Church have their own doctrine but the Church must ensure the docrine of men doesn't override the word of God.

The advice of Apostle Paul came when the church in corinthians was in crisis. The early church were having issues incorporating their belief, their tradition in their service to God.

18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

I'll give an instance. I attend Baptist Church and it's rare for you to see people speaking in tongue on the altar and my Pastor told us it became a docrine during the 80's when there was proliferation of white garment church and we know how some of them were abusing it.

The docrine was raised to stop an abuse but as individuals we must ensure our doctrine is not stopping the move of the only spirit. We must learn to differentiate between doctrine and the commandments of God.

Does it no mean that when we are creating doctrines we should be ignorant of the commandments of God?
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by luvmijeje(f): 11:51am On Jun 22, 2017
praisejoshua:

Does it no mean that when we are creating doctrines we should be ignorant of the commandments of God?

That's why I said our doctrine must not supercede the law of God. Doctrine are rules that individual churches have for the purpose of effective organization. There's nothing wrong with that. It's a good thing. But when it's stopping God's move it becomes problem. I'll give you another instance.

I was born into Deeper life. And there was a period where watching of TV was banned. My mum don't watch TV but I and my siblings watched so when they are coming to our house for fellowship we'll cover it with clothes.

It was their doctrine to prevent an abuse because as Christians there are some programmes we are not supposed to watch. Then TV as a tool of evangelism was yet known. But when it was discovered the docrine was nullify.
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 22, 2017
luvmijeje:

What traditions are u talking about here?
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by analice107: 12:03pm On Jun 22, 2017
praisejoshua:
I rest my case.
Thanks for your time.
PEACE!
Anyone who says anything against Apostle Paul is of the devil. If you are confused about something, ask for light instead of running your mouth.

See your cheap understanding of the Scripture.
Re: Only Men Are Gods. Women Are Nothing Compared To God. by analice107: 12:08pm On Jun 22, 2017
praisejoshua:

Then, Compare Jesus and a pastor or prophet. Can we be one in a man? Read your Bible and also read my posts carefully before posting. Jesus called himself "Son Of Man" We call Him Son Of God. How come is he now the Son of God? Please, lets be reasonable and make use of our brains for once. PEACE
Lol, you are so confused.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Nights of Glory / Dawkins On Religion - Do Not Read If Easily Offended / Should A Christian Be Sick?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.