Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,148 members, 7,807,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation (59704 Views)

HOW TO HUSTLE FOR A HUSBAND ONCE YOU ARE ABOVE 28 YEARS OLD IN NIGERIA / How Guys Are Responsible For Increase Of Prostitutes In Nigeria - Lady Reveals / For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 20, 2017
uzobaby:
smiley smiley smiley

Wow! smiley
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by sharpwriter(m): 10:48pm On Jun 20, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:
Well I don't scorn them. And I think the major cause is d economy.

Unlike before when unemployment wasn't as much as this and the cost of living wasn't expensive, marrying a wife wasn't burdensome. Now, the case is different...a graduate man underemployed for 8yrs after school would always be scared of marriage.

The ladies themselves aren't helping matters. The days of "my husband is financially responsible for all my needs including pants" is gone. Its not about eating up ur Hubby's money again but about adding up to him which they were created to do in d first place...as helpmeets

For example if you're going out together and the journey cost 10k, if he provides 7k, then you as a lady shd help with d remaining 3k. And not expecting him to drop everything all because he's d man.

In other words, ladies too shd have a job no matter how little and the essence of the job is not to just replenish her purse while she keep saying "its his responsibility to provide not mine"...but rather to support him. The earlier a lady understands this, the better.
Yea...you've said my mind. ECONOMY is one of the major cause. Which guy wan jux jump anyhow with girl into marriage without financial shock absorber.

6 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Kondomatic(m): 10:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
Oyindidi:
When you go take one girl off the market?
After Buharis second tenure

3 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
Doctorfitz:
A vast majority of them have nauseating attitudes and they'd still stand on their horses claiming rights. It's so appalling, if a woman is marriage worthy my brother she won't be single at all. That's the truth.

Spot on!
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by don89(m): 10:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
Well written , thanks for this ,those who have ears let them hear. Food for thought.
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
Doctorfitz:
A vast majority of them have nauseating attitudes and they'd still stand on their horses claiming rights. It's so appalling, if a woman is marriage worthy my brother she won't be single at all. That's the truth.

Put the blame on the mum.
She either forgot her duties on her girl-child, started so late or practically went AWOL on the poor girl.
And the increase in baby mama nowadays is going to further worsen the situation. Too bad undecided

Send bulk sms at a very cheap rate. Check my signature for details.

2 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Realhommie(m): 10:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
Dasgoro:
This matter isnt funny at all for them; many have made irreversible mistakes.

Its only a miracle that can change things.
Very true..

1 Like

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
NavyBlue:
Emismithy u nailed it. To be sincere, i'm tired of all this trashy talk about feminism, it makes me sick. It seems like the fashion nowadays for every girl to be an arrogant feminist. U hit the topic from all directions not all the rubbish i've been seeing here.
Being a feminist and preaching it doesn't change anything.
#proudly anti-feminist

Good to have a lady say such. I'm grateful for your compliment Ma. I'll follow you. cool

4 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by jhudit(f): 10:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
Economy is the major cause.
All the good girls you men dated, did you marry them?

16 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by oglalasioux(m): 10:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
Marriage and child bearing should be optional without societal and peer stereotype. That's the only solution.

Marriage and religion remain the two fakest things invented by mankind.

18 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by feelgoodInc: 10:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
You'll never see a long post by women writing about how men should behave in front of ladies, all you'll see is men writing shit.

Leave the women alone stop peeing sheets, your heart wasn't broken by women, it was broken by one woman.

but to be fair I think I prefer the real femininity rather than a woman trying to be masculine in other to compete with men. No man is competing with you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Oyindidi(f): 10:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
Kondomatic:
After Buharis second tenure
gringrin I go enter abj chop your rice grin
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by SGANIVA(m): 10:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
why always blaming ladies, is not always there fault, the major problem is economic situation in this country .life have become more difficult for men this days

10 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by NavyBlue: 10:52pm On Jun 20, 2017
emusmithy:

Good to have a lady say such. I'm grateful for your compliment Ma. I'll follow you. cool

thanks
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Kondomatic(m): 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
Oyindidi:
gringrin I go enter abj chop your rice grin
You won't meet me after Oct 1st if northerners keep their words

5 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Oyindidi(f): 10:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
Kondomatic:
You won't meet me after Oct 1st if northerners keep their words
Are you for real? Thought that was not something seriousgrin
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Kondomatic(m): 10:57pm On Jun 20, 2017
Oyindidi:
Are you for real? Thought that was not something seriousgrin
I have stayed here long enough to know when they're serious

5 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by slap1(m): 10:58pm On Jun 20, 2017
Is this one an issue now? Must everyone marry?

10 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by KKKWHITE(m): 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2017
Increase in single ladies and I am here still searching for a single lady can't believe that

4 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Bibors(m): 11:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

Aha...well, some of us that are still single, simply bcoz we dont go down with all the BS some men will bring on the table...

Some of us are busy chasing our own dreams..dream to be a selfmade woman..

And some of us, juz dont believe in marriage as a true happiness..Marriage is NOT for everyone anyway..

After checking out your dp, I think I understand you better.

6 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
Stop making it seem as though Marriage is a MUST, or that single ladies are unhappy, or that it's all single ladies that WANT to get married. Being single is NOT a problem, so you people need to stop suggesting "solutions" for that and focus on more important things, directing your energy towards more productive ends. I don't see Nuns/Reverend sisters complaining of depression, or divorced single ladies falling dead. You need to snap out of the delusion and false notion that ladies who claim not to need men to make them happy have holes in their hearts. Marriage itself does NOT guarantee happiness, and you need to stop pressuring the single ladies to get married as if being single is some sort of disease. Humans are teleological animals that inhabit a wondrous world of INFINITE potentialities into which they can tap from whichever angle. There's nothing cast in stone, no one way to achieve something. Marriage is not all there is to life. There are other ways of achieving happiness - a lot of them.

Einstein was so in love with Physics that he couldn't invest his sublime passions into any other true love. That was what gave him the kick. That was for him, the bluest meth. Physics was HIS TRUE LOVE that gave him fulfillment, not a person. It was the same for Nietzsche, and a host of other people you can think of.

You're therefore completely WRONG to have asserted, with such impudence, that ladies who claim they do not need men to be fulfilled are internally scarred. You overhype marriage and worship it like a God. Like that lady, IamKashyBaby rightfully said, MARRIAGE IS NOT FOR EVERYONE.

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by ashawopikin(m): 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

Aha...well, some of us that are still single, simply bcoz we dont go down with all the BS some men will bring on the table...

And some of us, juz dont believe in marriage as a true happiness..Marriage is NOT for everyone anyway..
be decieving yaself

6 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

True, you become self-made in your late 30's then end up being the one sponsoring the wedding, and still, he cheats on you with that self-made wealth of yours worse still spend your money on 'em little young girls. Soon you gonna learn.

7 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by jaytime(m): 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
I personally see this from an economic angle. Fact is, there are so many broke guys of over 30 out there who would have, all things being equal, gotten married to these ladies in question but they don't have the financial muscle to undertake marriage rites let alone shoulder family responsibilities.
In that case, there must be a resultant increase in the number of "redundant" spinsters.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by iKON11(m): 11:04pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

SMFH
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Softhands(m): 11:05pm On Jun 20, 2017
Dey deceive yourself
IamKashyBaby:
grin

3 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by gokuu(m): 11:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
Everyday a new stupid post comes up.

How did op arrive at this conclusion that there has been an increase in "Women above 28 who are not married"? What was the null hypothesis? sample size? where was this study carried out? sampling method? He probably just overhead the crazy thought in a drunken beer parlour discussion and brought it on here.

Even if more Women are choosing to join the workforce and develop careers, is that not a fantastic thing. It is sure better to have Women contributing to the absolute GDP figures as opposed to reducing per capita GDP by becoming baby factories.

All these illiterate men that only think about marriage and babies are the ones pulling preventing national development.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Obalende: 11:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
Who are men to think they have a right to discriminate against women on the basis of age?

If men do not want women above a certain then women also do not want men over a certain age! Tit for tat.

The problem though is marriage is no longer an institution suited to modern times in my opinion.

With feminism came female financial independence which a good thing and I support that.

What works today that offers both men and women good deals is have a girlfriend or boyfriend then when old marry...at least uv had ur fun... though not a biblical model but it is what it is.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by sharpwriter(m): 11:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
KKKWHITE:
Increase in single ladies and I am here still searching for a single lady can't believe that
Lol....search for them within the age range mentioned 28 & above

1 Like

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by ednut1(m): 11:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
money. most of dem don't wanna settle for less, Intro, pre-wedding pics, traditional, church and reception cost a fortune. if u tell most Nigerian babes to just do small court wedding dem or their families no go gree. our culture sucks abeg

10 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nigeriadondie: 11:08pm On Jun 20, 2017
Improve the economy and men wud be financially bouyant enough to get married and the ladies are single would become wives and mothers not baby mamas.
Our evil leaders by their actions and inactions are destiny destroyers.
When men wey for marry dem never chop belleful how dem wan come feed other mouths.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill / When You Mistakenly Fall Asleep While Chatting With A Girl (Photos) / Lady Was Disappointed By A Cute Guy She Met At A Bank Who Had Mouth Odour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.