Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation (59707 Views)

HOW TO HUSTLE FOR A HUSBAND ONCE YOU ARE ABOVE 28 YEARS OLD IN NIGERIA / How Guys Are Responsible For Increase Of Prostitutes In Nigeria - Lady Reveals / For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Amadaz(m): 11:52pm On Jun 20, 2017
menwongo:
This op self. Person never see work work you wan go Marry. Na lack of work d curse most ladies to be single as their boyfriends no get work
bros i owe u a bottle of heineken for ur comment

3 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Obalende: 11:58pm On Jun 20, 2017
Oluwaremythe:
grin
smiles,women always playing d victim.
Anyway,before you marry any guy,be sure yu know him well,at least to his faults,b sure yu can withstand his torture too,it's nt gonna be rosy every time(dat yu sud reckon too) and above all,drop ur pride at home before moving to a man's house
seriously no man in his right senses will take an humble&loving lady for a ride.
fights&arguments are normal...
1st to 5yrs in marriage are always d most delicate periods of marriage,jst be respectful and see ao things work out...
bliv dat there's nothing like gender equality.

There is gender equality. Gender equality relieves men from financial pressures of marriage cos d woman gotta work.

1 Like

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by jinneyb(m): 12:03am On Jun 21, 2017
I crosspath an old time friend(lady), primary school friend to be precise n back then we were very close friends but lost contact immediately after the pry school due to difference in secondary school.

Uno we started talking and it seemed like things never changed except age and growth...we continued our friendship and did lots together and after months of been together definitely after a lot hav been said and shared together the feeling have grown and Uno delikes, I dropped the talk, babes this one we are getting along, let's move this our thing to another level and she was like hmmmm...no ish but what's ur genotype, after talks about compatibility we discovered it can't work out, so we busted it but were still friends.

We kept a bit distance after the whole stuff only to come back together and I got the shocker of my life, she changed and her rate of act up was outa this world. I was like babes Wassup now, where this thing they come from, she just lock up and as per the way we use to be and our closeness, I word her real hard although I apologised after but that didn't change her attitude so I stopped contacting only for her to just recently start sending me some messages that I don't even understand...

So I was like when you knew you had this kind of thing in mind, why the act up

And by virtue of age, we are mate...so to me, it all boils down to attitude and what exactly they want.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Ugosample(m): 12:09am On Jun 21, 2017
RaggedyAnn:
Why are these guys always so worried about women being single? Thread after thread after thread of endless whining. Let the women be, they're not accidentally single.

I wonder.

Like it's anybody's business.

7 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by salford1: 12:15am On Jun 21, 2017
xynerise:
Is being single an economic problem?

RaggedyAnn:
Why are these guys always so worried about women being single? Thread after thread after thread of endless whining. Let the women be, they're not accidentally single.
It's joblessness and secondly, 3rd world problems.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by sweetgala(m): 12:22am On Jun 21, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

Aha...well, some of us that are still single, simply bcoz we dont go down with all the BS some men will bring on the table...

Some of us are busy chasing our own dreams..dream to be a selfmade woman..

And some of us, juz dont believe in marriage as a true happiness..Marriage is NOT for everyone anyway..

Self made women don't exist because self made people don't exist.

Even Jesus needed 12 disciples to fulfil the prophecy so why should yours be different; the man who may assist you to be all you can be may be just a friend or he may be the partner God planned for you.

You may never reach that pinnacle you so desire without that God purposed assistance

1 Like

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Shroud: 12:23am On Jun 21, 2017
pocohantas:
Whenever this topic comes up, I hear the same old story. Ladies are this, they are that. There are bad men too in this Nigeria...
There have always been bad men and women, we're used to that.

Societal values have dropped, no gender is innocent.

Responsible guys will see a responsible partner as at when due. If this topic was why guys above 30 are still single, you all will come in chanting how it's slay queens everywhere. Now you suddenly forgot your fellow men are perpetrating crimes worse than 'slaying' hence reduction in responsible men too.

Why are the good ladies not getting married?
Why are all you good men still single?

The above is gonna be a new topic, this particular one...though sensible has been overflogged.

Emusmith, pick your own lesson and walk away too. This is a forum...don't beat yourself up over my views, you hear?
Another single and bitter spinster spotted
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Oluwaremythe(m): 12:23am On Jun 21, 2017
Obalende:

There is gender equality. Gender equality relieves men from financial pressures of marriage cos d woman gotta work.
God help subdue dis ur arrogant arguments&confrontations before yu move in tho...we(Realmen) only nid an advisor and a friend...not a commander&a boss kos
we're d boss naturally
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 21, 2017
tosyne2much:
[/b] I used to pity ladies who can't find male suitors but now, I no longer have a pinch of pity for them. When you get close to some of them and engage them into conversations, then you will get to know the reason why men don't take them serious seriously
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Obalende: 12:30am On Jun 21, 2017
Oluwaremythe:

God help subdue dis ur arrogant arguments&confrontations before yu move in tho...we(Realmen) only nid an advisor and a friend...not a commander&a boss kos
we're d boss naturally
Translated means I am a shameless ego driven animal full of pride.

Women should work and make their own money in marriage.

7 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by salford1: 12:34am On Jun 21, 2017
AZeD1:
Am I the only one that thinks men like the OP are emotionally insecure that's why they keep coming up with feel good threads like this?

If you feel there's an increase in population of single ladies over 28, maybe it because a large number of them have realised that there's more to life than marriage.
Probably an ugly one too. This has to be the most sensless thread of the year. Alot of people went full retard on this one too grin

7 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 21, 2017
OP you forgot to tell them how backward you are in researching and making up figures without any solid proof to back it up. One would think with such an elaborate writeup,you would at least spare us some truth without twisting lies to drive your pathetic point home.
Below is the link to real time statistics of the world population showing male to female ratio by age!! It clearly shows(if you take the time to look closely at it at all)that males outnumber females by at least 20% and this number only reduces after the age of 50. So that trash you wrote about single ladies increasing in number in the original post is fallacy without any viable proof! Rather it is the old men that are dying early you should be more worried about.
Here is the link,should you miss it blindly. tongue
http://population.city/world/
People just sit in their bedrooms and type trash from God-knows where without any solid proof! It is very irritating especially when they claim to be educated and enlightened. Just to make front page you had to concoct lies out of thin air about women and it worked as usual! undecided
As for the women who would believe every nonsense scrapped out of somewhere without proper research in this internet age,I pity you!
That is how they want to force you to make mistakes and rush into marriage then rush out again after divorce just because of this same old 'time is not on your side again' theory! Even my own mother still saw her period till she was 55! Which means she could actually get pregnant at 50 if she wanted.
Now with IVF its even better, women now get pregnant and give birth at 60! My point is just don't let anyone harangue you into something you don't wanna do. Marriage is not an achievement, ask divorcees! They should know better. Focus on yourself and be financially stable,you can have any man you want!! No one rejects good stuff! Peace! cool
http://population.city/world/

9 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 21, 2017
Adults are talking, let me learn from them so i won't make same mistake.

Hmm, senpei tachi, arigato gozaimas, i will try & get married b4 25......hmmm maybe 30...ummu, thats it

1 Like

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by tosyne2much(m): 12:43am On Jun 21, 2017
GoldenSpine24:
Nice one op.
I believe it's directed towards all those who desire a marital union cos its obvious from some of the comments from ladies here that being married isn't a criterion for happiness....
Anyways My 5 cents,
Reason 1....Some of them have been jilted unfairly early in life and maybe failed to grow emotionally and are still scared of losing their hearts again. However, to counter that, If you never use your heart to love, who cares when it gets broken?

Reason 2....Some make a choice. Maybe environmental background or advise suggests that when they are older than a certain age they could settle. Again, we will always learn everyday. Marriage is the only institution you receive a certificate before you begin....

Reason 3...The attitudes. Oh, lawd! the attitude of some ladies make u want to cringe!!! Some are unnecessarily rude without cause, some believe that they are divine gift to man and therefore show an extreme level of pride cos of attention left, right and centre. Some get so choosy and blind their eyes to true intentions. If a man is financially dependent, has ambitions, worthy goals but not as rich as you would want him to be....I think if a lady despises such a man,she needs to be checked again. What prevents you from also sharing your ambitions or goals with him abi you nor get? Have something worthwile your are working towards, maintain a positive attitude of where you are headed and watch how he will unleash his undending stream of love and support towards you.

Reason 4..Preconceived Ideas..When you prejudge an event or person, you will almost find nothing good. Imagine a lady telling me the other day; All men are the same no matter what. How do you prejudge a person before getting to know him..then i told her i assumed she was going to be married to a woman..When she forbade it, I asked her; Then why do you pray to God for a kind, loving and chaste mate if all of them are already the same, does it make sense? Keep an open heart dear ladies..

The truth is; if you are one who desires marriage, not getting a suitable mate at a certain time can have its emotional toll on you either male or female. It's not easy for our ladies out there. We know they go thru a lot.

If you are a lady and fall within the scope of this thread, you know if you have some homework to do. You know where the shoe free you or pain you. We are not perfect doesn't mean we would not try. Why not look for the nuggets of wisdom from all the comments and improve yourself; attitudes, goals, open hearts?

All the best to the ladies.

Peace Out
Respect sir!

6 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 21, 2017
jaytime:
I personally see this from an economic angle. Fact is, there are so many broke guys of over 30 out there who would have, all things being equal, gotten married to these ladies in question but they don't have the financial muscle to undertake marriage rites let alone shoulder family responsibilities.
In that case, there must be a resultant increase in the number of "redundant" spinsters.

Now dis is very impressive
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 21, 2017
Will a woman die if she doesn't marry Some women prefer peace and solitude, instead of being beaten in the name of marriage.

11 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 12:45am On Jun 21, 2017
jaytime:
I personally see this from an economic angle. Fact is, there are so many broke guys of over 30 out there who would have, all things being equal, gotten married to these ladies in question but they don't have the financial muscle to undertake marriage rites let alone shoulder family responsibilities.
In that case, there must be a resultant increase in the number of "redundant" spinsters.

This is also true. It happens in every society that begins to industrialize.
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by tosyne2much(m): 12:51am On Jun 21, 2017
sweetgala:

Self made women don't exist because self made people don't exist.

Even Jesus needed 12 disciples to fulfil the prophecy so why should yours be different; the man who may assist you to be all you can be may be just a friend or he may be the partner God planned for you.

You may never reach that pinnacle you so desire without that God purposed assistance
I like your analogy bro cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:58am On Jun 21, 2017
Most of these ladies don't have anything to offer. Engage them in a conversation, and you will find out that they have nothing upstairs. Only few are okay.
Unemployment and under employments also led to many Guys and ladies being single.

2 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Raypawer(m): 12:59am On Jun 21, 2017
Man you just nailed it on the Head...

Well said

tosyne2much:
Emusmity, this write-up is well researched and articulated

I think the reason why most ladies end up in late marriage is because they live in fantasies and view marriage from a myopic view. That is to say that they screen and discard men for ridiculous reasons in their prime just to satisfy their fantasies.

Another thing that don't make men take them serious is that some of them have nauseating characters and are fond of saying "accept me for who I am". Most of these ladies don't really work on their attitudes but are only concerned about how to bleach, enlarge their butts/bosoms and look better than other ladies. The truth of the matter is that there is no perfect lady anywhere, but any lady who doesn't want to subject herself under the control a man will surely end up chasing men away.

And when they can no longer find men that will take them serious, they automatically become feminists. They become arrogant and will start raining abusive words on men that they are worthless
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by obowunmi(m): 1:06am On Jun 21, 2017
Irresponsible lazy men.

5 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by coptic: 1:13am On Jun 21, 2017
Jiang:
Adults are talking, let me learn from them so i won't make same mistake.

Hmm, senpei tachi, arigato gozaimas, i will try & get married b4 25......hmmm maybe 30...ummu, thats it

So you be small boy like this na ehn you dey follow your uncle mates drag matter abi.

grin

1 Like

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 1:15am On Jun 21, 2017
i love threads like these because while they show me how stupid some nigerians are, some comments also remind me that we have some functional thinking ppl in this country.
the reason while there are more spinsters in this generation is because nigerian women are finally realizing they can do and deserve better. most men here riding the "go and marry" brigade are the worst specimen of men out there. let's be fu<king honest, let's go there, how many nigerians want to have a marriage exactly like their parents? i grew up in a stable household with very nice parents but i can personally say that i dont want a marriage like theirs, a lot of you here talking trash wont even exist in this day and age cos your mothers wouldn't have settled with your fathers. but the differnce is that girls grow up wanting and grooming themselves for a more romantic fun marriage and guys are just more than comfortable being as uninteresting as wet bread.

most nigerians are very bitter when they see a woman who wants to do well for herself, be it a woman who strives for independence and success or a woman who wants to marry well and won't settle for less. that's why they gather like ants when celebrity marriages fail because they love to laugh at those who even had the nerve to think they can have it all and still have their happy ending and i'm using celebrities as an example because they're the only public cases we get to see. this is why successful women like genevieve and rita dominic are constantly told "go and marry" by ppl here who can't even afford 1/10th of the life they live, that's why anytime a scandal arises about adaeze yobo's marriage, they gather around to laugh and say "she never see anything" meanwhile she married at 20 and did not even get the chance to "slay mama" before marrying like most ppl like to justify their dragging with, that is why they drag female celebs who got out of unhappy marriages when they cry on camera, then drag them when they show signs of moving on with their lives. this is why they're happy whenever a new rumor rises about caroline danjuma's husband's cheating, "oh she thought fine girl will save her" "haha shey she's the one that wanted rich husband", this is why they're at the uche jumbo thread typing "ghen ghen" hoping her marriage fails so they can come again to tell women that working hard and being a boss is nahhht the way to go. this is why when an everyday case of domestic violence goes viral, they sympathize but when it's a successful woman who's a celebrity they do the most trying to attribute everything to her celebrity status, she must have been a bad wife (because she's successful in her own right and we all know women who don't need you in order to feed are just terrible and must be dragged)

the issue here is not that many women are not marrying but that many men are NOT marriage material but were raised believing "a man is never ugly" "woman education ends in kitchen" "let boys be boys"and they drank it in whole and did nothing to better themselves and are mad that girls are out here calling their bluff, getting sh!t done and not that bothered about marriage anymore with a "if it happens, it happens, if it doesnt, boo freaking hoo" mindset. basically these men are angry because they cant attract gold while being trash but in the old days of lesser female empowerment a lot of amazing women had to settle for whatever comes their way and these generation of girls are saying NO!!! no more being a maid with glorified title of wife, if men are not ready to be husbands, many girls these days are not ready to sit around wifeing for them and cleaning up after a grown man, whiny like a baby with a head full of entitlement that they dont even possess. many ppl born in the 80s-90s grew up in a world totally different from what it is now and they're refusing to stay stagnant as the times change. women are more practical these days, all the "slay mamas" are hated because girls these days are no more the breed to grow up with an impractical view of how life works, they see the harsh realities surrounding them and they know now that marriage is not a prize but a huge gamble. these men are so angry that women wayyy above them wont reduce their standards and settle for them, so mr man, why dont u reduce your own standard and find girls your own level, it's because mr man was lied to and told that a man is a prize and any girl will give an arm and a leg to have him and reality is just punching holes in the bubble he lives in. women just dont view men as a prize anymore, they view them as human beings and if u can't be the one, they're fine earning their cash, paying their bills and watching whiny threads like these from their comfortable cozy homes, live with it.

ps. lol at the one complaining that girls these days want wedding, pre-wedding pic and reception which is expensive in his opinion and they should settle for court marriage, my friend, when women were marrying a lot like u claim, the same laws applied, you're just broke.

38 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 1:17am On Jun 21, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

Aha...well, some of us that are still single, simply bcoz we dont go down with all the BS some men will bring on the table...

And some of us, juz dont believe in marriage as a true happiness..Marriage is NOT for everyone anyway..

YOU ARE THERE; KEEP ON KINGING
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by zeestone99(m): 1:31am On Jun 21, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

So many gehs ll see dis n folo ur tots only to see u wit 3 kids n a husband leta in future, dnt contribute to makin our gehs single. No offense jst sayin
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by pacifichunter(m): 1:32am On Jun 21, 2017
I wish to meet with a tall, educated and well domesticated working class lady between the age of 32-35 for a relationship and possible marriage. Tribe is nt a problem. What matters most to me is the fear of God and respect for manking. My name is Uche, i work and reside in Lagos state. I am 33years. Here is my email: uchelight84@gmail.com.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Olutayo89(m): 1:53am On Jun 21, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

be deceiving yourself
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Selynbriel: 2:06am On Jun 21, 2017
gokuu:
Everyday a new stupid post comes up.

How did op arrive at this conclusion that there has been an increase in "Women above 28 who are not married"? What was the null hypothesis? sample size? where was this study carried out? sampling method? He probably just overhead the crazy thought in a drunken beer parlour discussion and brought it on here.

Even if more Women are choosing to join the workforce and develop careers, is that not a fantastic thing. It is sure better to have Women contributing to the absolute GDP figures as opposed to reducing per capita GDP by becoming baby factories.

All these illiterate men that only think about marriage and babies are the ones pulling preventing national development.

Tell them I been think say na only guys get this platform, cos na dem just dey vomit rubbish since, some men are disgrace to their generation

2 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Selynbriel: 2:06am On Jun 21, 2017
gokuu:
Everyday a new stupid post comes up.

How did op arrive at this conclusion that there has been an increase in "Women above 28 who are not married"? What was the null hypothesis? sample size? where was this study carried out? sampling method? He probably just overhead the crazy thought in a drunken beer parlour discussion and brought it on here.

Even if more Women are choosing to join the workforce and develop careers, is that not a fantastic thing. It is sure better to have Women contributing to the absolute GDP figures as opposed to reducing per capita GDP by becoming baby factories.

All these illiterate men that only think about marriage and babies are the ones pulling preventing national development.

Tell them I been think say na only guys get this platform, cos na dem just dey vomit shit since undecided
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 2:14am On Jun 21, 2017
Was so special about marriage? People in it are running out of it, and you guys are here boring me with marriage...it's time u fink big

1 Like

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Rozaybb(f): 2:15am On Jun 21, 2017
omg...I can see DAT Rita Dominic is really ageing gradually oo..dis ain't no joke chai.old age chill na

1 Like

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 2:19am On Jun 21, 2017
KKKWHITE:
Increase in single ladies and I am here still searching for a single lady can't believe that
just imagine,me also,this life sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill / When You Mistakenly Fall Asleep While Chatting With A Girl (Photos) / Lady Was Disappointed By A Cute Guy She Met At A Bank Who Had Mouth Odour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.